Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Light-Rune Maven Seer

XXV Temperance
    The Story of Steel
    Part II: Beginnings and Guidance

He had just the best luck, didn't he? It just had to be him. Winter and Panchito had found, what? A few dust bunnies? Tyson's "Magic" cards? Robspear's freaky collection of guillotines? Nothing really major, and the two had apparently reconvened in the Ghamu Cera town commons, where the three had agreed to meet up.

Him though? He was sent careening past them at break neck speeds, and smashing into some poor Artisians' house. For it was him who had been lucky enough to walk into a room and find Cancer.

Freaking.

CANCER.

True, far from the most powerful of Disturbed, but certainly not one you expected to be hanging out in a random closet in some guy's house. For crying out loud it could have eaten the house, how the heck did it even... you know what: no. That wasn't important right now, what was important was fending of the giant crab that was currently trying to snatch him from the latest pile of debris it had created.

That was actually kind of a new development: Having been a materialization of some of the innermost fears of his head scientist, Leonidas Aquila, Cancer had originally done battle against Steel and his friends by possessing said scientist. Certainly the Professor had exhibited some crustacean qualities during the fight, but Steel wasn't sure if he remembered seeing an actual giant crab before or after that skirmish. Then again... he had been a bit preoccupied at the time... wait, he wasn't even in that fight... was he? A swing of a claw and a few shots of water reminded him that he really didn't have the time to think about his train wreck of a memory.

Having barely dodged the blows, Steel pulled out his sword and tried to deliver a quick counter strike: only for the blow to bounce off of Cancer's shell, along with two ricocheting bullets delivered by his arriving companions. Ricocheting bullets that quite nearly hit him. He sent a look to Winter and Panchito, who both had the good grace to look sheepish as they began making their way down.

Turning back to the monster, Steel couldn't help but recall how they got here; he had woken up outside the walls of Nwahs Moridi with Panchito and Winter. He had been worried about his sister, but she didn't seem to have been aware that he had ever been in any danger. He dropped it pretty quickly, what with the whole illusion world thing. Panchito had been formally introduced, and the three had decided to explore the castle... but they needed the freaking key. Flipping out of the way of Cancer's claws, the resounding *thud* that resulted pretty much summed up the cruel irony of the situation. To add insult to injury, it was actually a magic key: Steel had enchanted it so that it merely had to be held up to the gates in order to lift the lock.

This would all be so much easier if he had a keyblade.

Panchito slid underneath the monster and fired a few shots at it's underside, having come to the conclusion that such would likely be a more viable strategy. Sure enough, Cancer was none too happy about being shot in the stomach. It let out a piercing cry and attempted to impale the rooster on the spot. The bird quickly rolled out of the way, and Steel sent out an earth miracle to follow up said bird's attack.

"Kalqemalis!" A spire of rock shot out the ground, but it only managed to knock Cancer off balance, rather than impale him as he had hoped. However, it did tip the Disturbed over, ultimately giving him and Winter a rather grand opening for attack. Reaching his sister, the two of them joined together one hand each, extending the other towards the giant crab before them. They spoke with a resonance that sent chills down Panchito's spine, and their eyes glowed with a blue-white aura that conveyed an intense level of power.

"Frismalis!" A thick sheet of Ice surrounded Cancer, rendering him completely immobile, and leaving his underside completely exposed. Whipping off his cape, Steel wrapped it around his arms, creating a strangely large (and somehow unconnected) pair of gauntlets. He jumped onto the crab with a shout of "Staphmalis!" In response to which a bolt of lightning fell from the sky. However, rather than let it strike Cancer, Steel caught the bolt in his hand as he landed on the large creature before using an entirely different skill.

"Aqo!" Rain water began to collect around the lightning bolt, crackling with it's electrical energy. He took his new makeshift magic spear and stabbed it deep into Cancer's core. He was met with slight resistance, but he continued to push it deeper until it reached the creature's core.

Then it was gone. That was awfully suspicious. Normally, Disturbed like Cancer, that is "Source Codes" that personified a Fates' greatest weakness and generated other Disturbed, were generally much harder to kill than that. Yet the key merely lie right were the crab had been slain. It was easy. What was the point? Was he supposed to be learning some deep lesson? Perhaps about the hardships others faced while he cruised on through with the keyblade?

Why was he even thinking about this? Why did he care whether or not he had a keyblade? In the end, wasn't it just a means to an end? True, it was semi-sentient, but his "end" was good, and it was hardly as if it talked to him on a regular basis. Wasn't it okay that he only thought of it as a tool? Just like ... the others?

Suddenly he was quite sure he had answered his own question.

---------------------------------------

"I don't get it." Steel sent a questioning glance to his fowl companion as he held the key up to the door.

"I just still don't understand... what it is you're doing all this for. I get that you want to stop the Disturbed, but what is in it for you? What is it that you care about so much?" The only thing that met his question at first was the sound of the doors opening up before them. Winter seemed to be rather uncomfortable as they endured Steel's silence, but he couldn't imagine why. What was it that she knew? What was with the two of them?

"What I want..." Panchito started as Steel began to respond. "...that's an interesting question. I once answered a very similar one by merely saying: My goal. It was a cop out. A vague answer concocted merely so I could avoid talking about a painful past. However, what I really care about... Is my family. I would do anything for them." Steel paused to give a small chuckle. "I have done anything for them. The truth is, my family is all I really care about. Everyone else could wither and die for all I care."

"Me included."

Steel's answer only seemed to make Winter all the more uncomfortable.

--------------------------------------

They had barely walked into the courtyard when a voice greeted them.

"It's about time you showed up."

Steel and Winter both gave an audible sound of surprise. Standing there in the center of the area was a young man with black hair about the same length as Steel's. He wore casual clothes underneath a white trench coat that served as a contrast to Winter's black one. However, the most prominent feature about him was...

...His eye.

"Gale!" Both Steel and Winter rushed towards the newcomer, embracing him. Panchito watched in silence as the Hope siblings (For this "Gale" was surely a sibling of theirs) had themselves a small reunion. It was even complete with small jokes and laughter.

Watching them, Panchito could definitely believe that the only thing Steel cared about was his family.

He had never looked so happy.

Gale Hope was the oldest of three of them, and he took that responsibility very seriously. He had never held it above their heads, merely served as their protector. Anyone who dared to threaten his dear siblings would suddenly feel as though they had been hit by a train, and heaven help anyone who actually hurt them. Then he would turn around and present to the two of them the most gentle demeanor possible, doing anything he could to help. He also always did his best to ensure the balance between the two never fell flat, what with Winter being slightly more impulsive and Steel tending to over think things. The two wound up arguing a lot, back at the beginning. They would always listen to him though. He was a strong hand of Guidance. They adored him.

-------------------------------------

Winter Hope was the middle child. She was certainly a bit more impulsive than her brothers, at least in the beginning, but she was also quite intelligent. While she certainly rushed into things, she wasn't one to go in without a plan... Granted it was usually an underdeveloped plan, or one made on the fly. She may have started many an argument, but she was not unkind. Honestly, she didn't even look like they type of person who you would expect to be any type of reckless. She held the same gentle demeanor as her older brother. Even as she could be a bit harsh, she was the voice of wisdom. She was particularly close to Gale as well, and enjoyed many conversations with him growing up. They shared similar interest, and both wanted very much to protect their younger brother, even if Winter sometimes went about it a bit differently.

They both regretted they could never have such a bond with him.

--------------------------------------

Sors Alexander Hope was the youngest, and he was completely unaware of the concerns of his older siblings. He was far too busy with his own regrets. He hated that he had dragged them into this, his mess. There was a feeling of a sort of brokenness; like there was a wall there now that separated him from the siblings he held so dear. Nevertheless, he was eternally grateful for their presence. At some point along the way, Clair had lost her memory and stopped caring about him. The two of them were all he had left. Still, he would die for all three of them.

They were his family.

"So..." Gale began. "What do you intend to do now?" The four of them were climbing a particularly long staircase. After having introduced Gale and Panchito, they had all headed into the castle, where Steel seemed to be leading them up to the higher floors.

"We're going to the throne room. There should be... well, something... there." Naturally it was Winter who responded.

"Something? You're not even sure what?" Steel could only sigh.

"Winter, in case you hadn't noticed, nothing is making much sense right now." He paused on the steps to face them and shrug. "I know what's supposed to be there, but I don't know if it will be there, or if we'll just find a giant Disturbed in it's place." He turned around and continued climbing. "So, you know, be ready for anything and all that." Gale and Winter shared a look as they continued after Steel. You hardly needed any hints to tell that they were having a silent conversation. Yet they didn't speak a word aloud, and the group continued climbing. While Gale and Winter seemed content to stay silent, Panchito still seemed quite curious about Steel.

"So... tell me something mi amigo." Steel gave a slight 'hm?' but didn't bother to look back again. "I understand that what you care about most es tu familia..." He glanced at Winter and Gale. "Well... really that all you care about es tu familia." Steel chuckled a bit at that. "I still don't really understand though, que is it that you are trying to do?" Panchito crossed his arms as he kept walking. "Que es the endgame here hombre? Why do you have to go through all this? What do you want out of life?"

"Well, I want to protect them." Steel responded without skipping a beat. However, Panchito wasn't done yet.

"Your family?" Panchito took a good look Steel's brother and sister, as well as the weapons at their sides. "They seem to be able to take care of themselves Senor." Having noticed the looks the two would often send to each other and steal of their younger brother, Panchito commented further. "In fact... I'd say they are more worried about you." That finally seemed to grab Steel's attention.

"Why would you think that?" The boy seemed genuinely confused. However, seeing as how Steel already knew his own backstory, Panchito figured that even if he wasn't entirely sure what the source of his siblings woes were, he was ultimately stalling for time.

"Senor Hope. What would your brother and sister need to be protected from?" Steel still didn't look back or stop walking.

"You don't need to know, okay? It just has to be done." At this point Steel had finally stopped and turn to Panchito. Winter and Gale just watched.

"Alright, bien... So what did you want?"

"To protect them!"

"That seems to be more of a short term goal hombre; surely you have more to do with your entire life than watch two other people live their own. Last I checked, you were not a Guardian, so what is it you want out of your life?" It had become apparent to Steel at some point that Panchito was part of whatever test was going on here. It wasn't exactly being subtle anymore. Then again, hadn't he already determined he shouldn't withhold information? It was a figment of his mind for crying out loud. It's not like it didn't already know.

It was there to force him to think about and acknowledge the truth. So maybe he should just let it do it's job.

"To be with them!" He shouted in his anger. "To be with my family! I just..." His anger was gone almost as soon as it came. "I just never figured that I could be with them... Not at the end of it all..." Panchito loosened his stance.

"Por Que?"

Silence. For awhile that's all there was. Steel and Panchito just stood there staring at each other. Panchito's gaze confused, and Steel's sad.

He didn't want to. He just didn't. If he didn't though... what would change? He would never find the truth. He wanted to know, but... those words were still hard to say... by himself anyway. Abruptly, Steel turned and began walking up the steps while motioning for the others to follow him. Suddenly he was a lot more sure of what waited in the throne room.

"I'll show you." He stated in a resigned voice.

------------------------------------

Panchito had not expected the throne room to be an entire dimension in of itself.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The girl known as Aislinn had a lot of question for him to answer, which was understandable given the circumstances she now found herself in. Before answering her question however, there was one thing that he needed to do first. In the distance behind them Kel had noticed someone else watching them. It didn't look like he was continue to walk towards them and just stood there. "Hey guy standing back there, I know your back there so no point in just standing there!" Having effectively called the guy out, Kel turned his attention back to Aislinn to address her questions.

"It doesn't sound as absurd as you think. This is the realm of darkness, which as I as I know this castle is the only building here. It might be better if you came in here as opposed to standing out there." He replied. There was a lot of unknowns in regards to what lurked in the darkness aroudn them and beside the cornerstone of light, this castle was relatively safe for the most part.

3. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

Andrew stood there for a moment when the girl said something. She said that her name was Aislinn. That was when she asked the teen standing there questions. It appeared that Aislinn knew as much as he did. 'You see one moment I was fighting back dark creatures threatening my home and the next I was falling into darkness after being swarmed. I followed the light here.' That was interesting. He wondered what part of Euterpe she was in when she was attached by the dark creatures because he did not see any and he was just there. Deciding that now might be a good time to ask some questions to the girl because that was the only way he would get some answers. "What part of Euterpe were you in when you were attacked?" He asked the girl. Well it turned out She had fell into darkness. Well that answered one question. She followed the light here, humm. He just ended up here by chance. He did not see any light until he was almost to the light. The nearest town would be most helpful to know. It might give him an idea on how far he was from Euterpe. As right now he had no clue. He did not know about dark creatures but it did not matter. "What did the sky look like when the creatures attacked you?" He then looked to the man to see what he would say. That was when the teen said, 'Hey guy standing back there, I know your back there so no point in just standing there!' He guessed that was true but there was not much else to do. He was not exactly going to sit on the ground. Then teen then said that this was the ream of darkness. The name seemed fitting in a way. The realm of darkness was there location. So that met one thing he was no longer near Euterpe. He kind of gathered that from being here. How far from Euterpe he had no idea. The teen said he did not know of any locations nearby. That met they were far off from anything. That did not mean he could not get back home. He slightly wondered if he would get home or if he would be trapped here forever. For now he guessed that it was best not question it. He would have to worry about that when the time came or if it came.

He walked away from the light and towards the castle simply because he did not seem to have any choose in the matter. He also wondered about this castle. The other thing that he gathered was that if the two that stood before him wanted to hurt him they would have most likely did so already. So he figured it was safe. As he got closer to the castle he realized that it was much bigger then it first appeared. The castle was big but boy he never seen anything so large. The place could go on for miles underground he guessed if they build this thing. That its self-brought the question on who build this thing. He then offered them to go inside. He did not really know if the man had been talking to him or not. He could just be talking to Aislinn for all that he knew. He looked to the teen and said simply. "You may want to get that shoulder checked out." His voice was of concern and nothing else. He stood not far from Aislinn and the unknown teen waiting for them to enter.

4. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]
    The Tale of Hikaru
    ACT 7/7 - "Dopey"

Hikaru sat in a waiting room outside the medical office in Central Haven. "I already know what this memory is going to be." He looked ddown the hall and saw Kaida leaving the building. "There goes Kaida going for her mark of mastery for the second time." She looked a bit nervous as Hikaru stood and watched her leave. "This is when I was sick... I was unconcious for nearly a month... I mean I know she failed, but I would've still liked to have seen it." He began to walk ahead and was growing more anxious with the lack of any presence.

"I wish I knew what was wrong with him." He heard Aux's voice echo as he followed the voice to the room he was stationed in. He peered into the doorway and found Krowley beside him. According to the memories, Aux will have never known of Kurt's intentions. Krowley patted him on the shoulder. "Doctor's are doing what they can. I'm sure he'll be on his feet soon enough." Krowley left the room and circled the corner with Hikaru tailing behind him. He walked into an empty room where he found Nequa waiting for him. "The replica is failing. It seems the memories are not enough to keep him stable. It won't be long before it expires."Hikaru gritted his teeth at being called an it. "My condolences to your pet project. Guess you can't win 'em all." Krowley began to walk away from her. "Where are you off to in such a rush?"

"The Mark of Mastery... Unlike you, I have responsibilities to maintain. As the new leader of the Order, I have to keep appearances. And I told you to stay out of sight. I can't have people seeing what's under that helmet." Nequa scoffed. "You're not the boss of me," walking passed him. As Krowley fled the scene, Hikaru continued to follow Nequa silently. She was going back to Hikaru's resting room where Aux was. He was confused... As far as Nequa was concerned, Aux never met her.

"So.. were you close?" Nequa asked casually walking up to Aux.
    "He's a friend."
    "Would you submit to darkness for him?"
    She went from zero to sixty so fast. "Sorry, I just wanted to know how much he meant to you. Doctors say it doesn't look good." Nequa was being rude on purpose, trying to see if she could get a rile out of him. "He means a lot to me. He's one of my best friends... Who are you anyways. I've never seen you around."
    "Oh I'm here... and there. Just consider me a friend."
    "I don't consider the best of people to be friends... what do you want?"
    "Straight to the point, huh? Okay, okay, here's the gist; See I'm in league with some one quite powerful. A keyblade master named No Heart."
    Hikaru's eyes widened. This was one of the few times that name came up. "What's he got to do with me?"
    "Oh more than you know," she chuckled.
    "You sound like your just wasting my time. If you aren't here to give your respects to Hikaru just leave."
    "Such a morbid boy... I guess you don't want my help then."
    Aux slowly stood out of his seat, towering over Nequa. "Help with what?"
    "Your friend of course."
    Aux remained suspicious, but his judgement was growing weary after waiting so long for him to wake up. "What can you do that others haven't"
    "Oh it's not what I can do son, it's what you can do."
    Aux sighed impatiently. "Fine, what can 'I' do." Nequa pulled out a small black and white keychain. The black and white colors swirled like mist in a small orb like sphere.
    "That depends... are you willing to submit to darkness?" She looked at Hikaru and dangled the chain like a pendulum. "Tick tock... this is a limited time offer."
    Just what was she planning, Hikaru thought to himself.

Aux snatched it out of her hands and looked at Hikaru. "What am I supposed to do with it?"
    Hikaru stepped out from the shadows and began to yell at him. His fear of what was going to happen next terrified him. "Aux, stop! I'm not worth it!"
    "Inside that keychain is a little good luck charm I like to call a 'Remnant.' It's a symbiote the thrives and amplifies off your fear, hatred and power..."
    "How will that save Hikaru?"
    Hikaru tried to move forward, a but a mystical wall blocked his path. It as almost as if Nequa was subconsciously stopping him in his own mind. He banged on the wall. "Don't!"
    "Simply attach it to your keyblade and pierce your heart... It will expunge all the light from your heart and transfer it to Hikaru. After that, your heart will remain only darkness. The symbiote keeps your heart whole, but only once the light is gone. All of it."
    Aux held it tightly in his hand. "What if I refuse?"
    Nequa smiled beneath her helmet. "You won't."
    Aux attached the keychain to his keyblade, causing it to change shape.
    "I'll give you some privacy." Nequa opened a corridor of darkness and vanished from sight.

The dark enfused keyblade caused his hand to grip the blade tightly. he held it with both hands as he pointed the blade at his heart.
    "AUX STOP!"
    "I keep my promises," he quietly whispered before stabbing his heart.
    "NOOOOO!!!!"He saw as the essence of light escaped him and went into Hikaru's unconscious body. The light shone so brightly that everything went white.

Station of Awakening

Hikaru opened his eyes at the station of awakening. His keyblade was gained after he woke up from his come. He didn't know why until now. It was Aux. Aux parting with half his heart resulted in Hikaru gaining a keyblade. Kurt used data of his younger self resulting in Hikaru gaining a body. Krowley implanted memories in him resulting in Hikaru having a childhood. Nothing was his. In his station of awakening, Dopey, silent as ever waddled up to him and tugged his sleeve trying to get his attention. 'Was wondering when you'd show up," he weakly said. "It's fine though, everything's been said. I'm.. not a person. It's my fault. Even indirectly, everything is my fault..." He fell to his knees and put his hands on the stained glass floor. He wanted to cry.

"What am I?..." he softly spoke, a tear running down his face.

"You are Kurt." To his left was the youngest version of Kurt he encountered. "You're the memory of a scared little boy who lost his home. You've seen what darkness can do and know that it must be extinguished from all worlds."

Hikaru shook his head in disapproval.

"You are the guardian of light." To his right was the oldest version of Kurt he encountered. The Libararian version. "You are the future of my success. The one who will see my vision come true."

His heart rate began to quicken.

"You are Krowley." Straight ahead was Krowley. "That's what you wanted isn't it? To be just like me? You took my name after all... What do you call a man who wants to take the identity of some one who already lost theirs?"

Hikaru crawled backwards on his hands and heels until they all disappeared leaving only his academy armor remained. "You're a fraud." The armor spoke with Aux's voice. "A complex collection of data made into a shell. You robbed me of my home, my memories..." The armor turned to Aux's color scheme of black and white. "And my light..." The armor moved forward and closed to Hikaru. Dopey stood in front of him with his arms stretched out, shielding him.

"And what's worse, you're having other people fight your battles. Pathetic."

Hikaru was at a loss of words. "Dopey..."
    "Y-you leave him alone right now mister! He doesn't have to take that from you! The friends he's made are important to him. And he supports them right back." Bashful came and blocked the armor's path as well. Behind him was Sleepy, who also lazily held his arms up as his head dropped slowly to sleep.
    "He's a good pid- I mean kid! He was handed a raw hand and made the best of it." Doc came forward with Sneezy and Happy to protect Hikaru.
    Grumpy was the last one to walk in, carrying his pickaxe over his shoulder. "Now I don't know what this feller is, or what he done, even if he DOES go around lying that I know him... But I do know one thing fer sure. Whatever he is... It sure as heck ain't you." He pointed the pickaxe at the armor as all seven dwarves stood in front of Hikaru, protecting him.

"Funny, I thought YOU were supposed to be the Guardian..."
    Hikaru stood on his own two feet. Something was still bothering him.
    "Are you supposed to be Aux?"
    "No.. I'm what you fear most. I'm the Remnant... I both drive and consume the host into darkness, just as I've done to your friend. And you're powerless to stop me."
    Hikaru looked down for a moment, before looking up at the armor with a sudden burst of determination. He patted each dwarf as he walked passed them to face the armor himself.

He held out his hand and closed his eyes, attempting to materialize the keyblade.
    "That's cute, but it's not going to work."
    Hikaru's hand didn't move. He opened his eyes
    "My friends are what's most important to me." Small sprinkles of light began to flutter around his hand.
    "Keeping everyone safe... Is what I want out of life..." As more light formed, the armor stepped back a bit.
    "And what I fear most, is losing them to the likes of things like you!"
    "Impossible..." the armor uttered.
    "I am Hikaru! And you aren't welcome here!"
    Hikaru summoned his brand new golden keyblade, with both a lion and wolf on top of the hilt. Representing himself and Aux according to Kaida's whittled carvings. It was the one memory that he knew he owned and forged it into his own keyblade.

The armor attempted to keep his ground. "You're still a fake. None of what you are belongs to you."
    "So what if I am?" Hikaru replied with confidence. "I don't need to follow the path HE made for me. I don't have to be a guardian. I'm following the path of the dreamers. The path of the Mystic."
    Hikaru let loose a fire spell onto the armor, knocking it back.
    "And instead of giving up the hunter, I'm giving up the warrior," He fired a blizzard spell at it's feet, causing the dark entity to struggle for release. Hikaru charged in for a furry of swipes. against the contained enemy. Eventually freeing himself, the armor let loose bolts of dark flames, pushing Hikaru back. He held his keyblade tight and fired Aqua splash over the opposition.

"You can't protect all of them!!" The armor shouted as they clashed.
    "Oh yes I can!" Hikaru continued to parry and assault with all his might.
    "What makes you so sure?!" Hikaru got in a quick blizzard spell to the armor's face, cracking the helmet and knocking the armor on it's back. He pressed his shoe onto the defeated armor and look at it's face. Nothing but darkness with bright white eyes. Hikaru pointed his keyblade to the heavens as it began to glow brightly. I have faith."

The keyblade burst out pillars of light shattering the battlefield and turning everything white again as the amror cried out; "NOOOOO!!!!"

The stations of awakening was absorbed with bright light until the room was blinded by it.
    As if it were all a dream, Hikaru fell out of his door and back to the Castle of Illusion. He fell flat on his back as he lay there for a brief moment. "I.. I did it..." Everything that happened to him. All the knowledge he now knew. He knew he had to tell his friends. But when?...

5. Aelin Best Waifu

Aislinn had at first expected a response to her questions, instead however there was a voice behind her, and the boy she was talking to had called out to someone. Turning around Aislinn faced another young man standing there, asking her what part of Euterpe she was from. She looked at him with a quizzical look before finally speaking. "I don't know of this place that you speak of. I am not from there. My home is on Ashen Rose." She informed in in a calm factual voice. Turning back to the other young man she nodded gratefully at his invitation in. While normally she didn't just enter other peoples homes, not without knowing them. However given her other option, entering someone's house didn't seem to be such a bad idea. More so the way he spoke was not in a way of possession. While he hardly said enough for her to tell for a fact, but the uncertainty when he spoke of the place made it sound like he did not spend a lot of time there.

"Thank you sir." Aislinn gave him a small bow. She didn't know his name, but it felt a little odd calling someone sir. Stepping past him, it was an odd sight indeed. She hardly noticed the other boy talking. There were people sitting on each other. There was a person wearing nothing but a cloak around her, the whole scene seemed tense and chaotic. She was not quite sure what was happening here and didn't know if she wanted to ask. She stood awkwardly in the main hall, observing those around her, most of them seemed to be in their teen years as well. She turned back to the boy at the door with a question on her lips. "How did you all get here?"

6. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

Aislinn had a look of confusion on her face when he asked what part of Euterpe she was from. He gathered that was where she was from. That was when she said that she did not know of Euterpe. That was most interesting. She was not from Euterpe. Not from Euterpe humm, then from where? Then came the answer Ashen Rose. He did not know of this place. He guessed that there could be many places out there. Aislinn did not seem to answer his other questions. Really he was fine with this. If she did not wish to answer, who was he to question it? He watched Aislinn turn back to the first guy and talk to him. He then watched Aislinn walk past the teen at the door and into the castle. Not wanting to be left in the darkness and the castle seeming like it was the safer option he guessed that he would enter it. He looked to the teen that stood at the doorway to the castle. "Thank you." He gave a slight nod to the teen walked past the teen and entered the castle.

The first thing that he had noticed when he entered the castle was on how much brighter it was. The place its self was huge. The castle seemed to go on forever in almost every direction. This place was most interesting. Looking around there seemed to be many young people around. This might be a local hang out. He did not see how it might be local considering where it was located. First was that there was a girl with nothing but a cloak around. He looked away and saw some people around the girl. Then farther on was a other group. This one had a girl with red hair standing over a boy with another key looking object. In a span of a short time he had seen three of them now. They were almost like a form of candy. Deciding the first group with the almost naked girl was not something he wanted to get involved in he turned back to Aislinn and the teen. He noticed that Aislinn wanted to talk to the teen more than him, which was fine as he did not see himself as all that interesting. "Well I guess you two want to talk." He gave a slight nod to Aislinn and the teen before he walked off and left the two alone.

He looked back to the group and was not sure what to do now. There was the first group with the almost naked girl. Yea no thanks. Then there was the second group that seemed to have a fight happen. Yea he did not want to be involved in that ether. He decided that he would explore as he did not have much as to do. He walked past the two groups and farther into the castle. He slightly wondered if he might get lost in a place like this. He looked down one direction and noticed that there was door. Doors, doors and more doors everywhere. As far as he could see there were doors. Walking down that way there seemed to be some sort of numbering system to the doors. He continued to walk down the hallway when he noticed that there was someone on their back. "Are you alright?" He asked the teen with blue hair. Then he looked to his face and there was something about it that he could not put a finger to. "Do you need some help?" He offered the teen. He reached his arm to help the teen up.

7. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    XIV: The Story of Luna
    Legacy..........

Division 4 of 4:
    Awakening of a Phoenix Heart
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At the sight of shadow that emerged from Luna, everyone's had widened in shock and fear out what might have happened to Luna for that shadow to appear. "The time of light and peace will come to end and the time of darkness and chaos will rise!!!" Luna was at a loss for words. She didn't know what to do or how to even go about defeat this enemy. The townspeople walked outside to see what was going on only to see the giant shadow that loomed over the city. The citizens ran back inside the house and started boarding up their doors and windows to protect themselves from the threat that was above their beloved home. "We need to evacuate the people! Our citizens is our top priority!" Akira shouted toward Blake and his parents. The three nodded as the King and Queen ran back toward the castle to rally the troops while Akira started to head into town to start evacuating the people. Luna collapsed on her knees with what seemed to be a broken expression on her face. Blake ran over to Luna to make sure she was alright. He kneeled down to see what was wrong with his beloved. The Beast turned around to look at Luna. "Luna! Are you alright? We need to get out of here!" Blake tried to get Luna up on her feet but there was no luck. She remained right where she was. Beast pulled her right on her feet with one quick swoop. "Get a hold of yourself!! What's wrong with you??? What's going on??" Beast shouted at her face but her expression did not change even one bit. Blake ran over to the two in concern. Shadow heartless had started surrounding the three charging up for an attack. Blake and Beast looked around their surroundings trying to figure out what to do about their current predicament. They had shadows on either side and a princess who can't even speak a single sentence or even move any fingers. Beast tossed Luna over his shoulders and started heading to the castle. "Get moving now!!!!" Blake nodded and ran along with Beast toward the castle to figure out their next plan of attack.

Once back inside the castle, the three made their way into the throne room where the King and Queen awaited. The two looked to see their daughter over Beast's shoulder. Beast removed Luna off of his shoulder and she sat on the floor with her knees on the floor with her arms on the floor still with that same broken expression. Blake held Luna's shoulders and shook it gently. "
    Luna!! Luna!! What's wrong? Answer me!!" No response. Not a single sound or movement came from the girl. Blake and her parents started panicking more and more with each moment of silence passed. "It's all my fault.......All my fault..." Blake looked up at his fiance as she finally uttered a sound. "Everyone's going to get hurt because of me....all because I can't protect anyone." Luna raised her hand to her face in self loathing. Everyone in the room looked at Luna as she spoke. Their faces had been painted across with sad and concerned expressions at Luna's words. "I'm no princess, I'm no warrior, I'm...I'm nothing...Just a useless pathetic excuse of a person." Luna removed Blake's hand from her shoulders as she turned her head down toward the ground once more. She sat there in silence once again leaving her family and Beast at a loss for words. Nobody knew what to say or what to do about the current situation. With each moment that passed, Beast grew more and more frustrated until he burst. "ARE YOU DONE?!?! WHAT IS WITH THIS PITY PARTY?!?!?! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIRL I SAW BACK AT MY CASTLE?!?!?! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIRL WHO TOOK PRIDE IN HER NAME AND HER HOME?!?!?! IF THIS IS HOW YOU REALLY ARE THEN I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!! ALL I SEE NOW IS A GIRL COMPLAINING AND WHINING ABOUT SHE'S USELESS!!! I DON'T WANT TO ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH QUITTERS AND WHINERS!! I'M GOING TO HELP THOSE PEOPLE AND STOP THAT MONSTER FROM DESTROYING US ALL!!! YOU THREE SHOULD DO THE SAME AND LEAVE THIS QUITTER!!" Beast stormed off out of the castle and went to help evacuate the people while defending them from the heartless. A knight had ran into the room, requesting the King and Queen's assistance. "King Aaron! Queen Sophia! The army is ready to move out at your command. We need to move out soon!" Aaron and Sophia looked at each other before looking at their daughter. They were torn over this. Their daughter was clearly in despair but outside the castle walls were people in danger from the heartless striking and not to mention the giant shadow that still loomed over the kingdom. What were they to do? Console their daughter? Or save their people from the threats that harm them? No parent should have to make this decision, however, Blake gestured them to go and protect the people. The two looked to their daughter once more before heading out with a conflicted expression on their face. Blake looked back at Luna once more. "Luna....Listen to me right now. You are none of those things you said about yourself. You are more than that. You are a wonderful person and a great princess. You inspire me to keeping moving forward and fight on to see the rise of a new day. You are stronger than you think you are, you are much greater than you say you are. Don't you see?" Blake grabbed her hands and brought them to his chest. The same knight came back into the room, requesting his assistance as well. Blake looked between Luna and the knight. He stood up and started to head out before he leaned down toward Luna and kissed her forehead. He and the knight ran off to defend their home, leaving Luna in the throne room by herself. She grabbed her arms as she began to cry. Tears had begun to fall from the broken princess.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------Meanwhile.......------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mira opened her eyes as she sensed a disturbance. It was as if her chest was tightening at the sudden pain she was feeling. She looked up and an image of Luna appeared in head. "
    Luna......Something's wrong..." Mira immediately sat down, closed her eyes, and held her hand together, leaving a gap between her thumbs and the rest of her fingers. Luna! Luna!! Can you hear me??? Mira attempted to contact Luna through what was called an Aura Wave.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luna! Luna!! Can you hear me??? Luna looked up at the sudden voice she heard. She looked around and around but saw no one connecting to the voice. Luna took a moment to realize that it was an Aura Wave. Luna spoke out toward the voice reaching out to her. "Mira....." Luna recognized the voice immediately. She opened her mouth to speak once more. "Mira.....I-i-i-i.....I'm nothing.....I can't protect anyone not even myself." Mira sighed a bit before responding to her. Don't start this with me again.......I've had enough pity parties. I swear you and Illiana have pity parties of the same caliber. Mira stopped before speaking again. I'm only gonna say this once so you better listen up.......There's no shame in asking for help, no shame in being lost and asking others for advice. There's no shame in asking others to lend you their power and strength. They'll be your guide and light the way for you. Luna....they're going to be your beacon of hope amidst the fog of darkness. Luna started to turn her head up as she listened to Mira. She felt images of those nearest and dearest to her. Her eyes widen as the images smiled at her as they extended out their hands. Just as they are your beacon of hope, you are the people of Solara Lua's beacon of hope. You guide them through the fog of darkness and light the way. You aren't just their princess, you are their hope, their light within darkness. Right now, they need you, they need you to guide them from the dark that's blocking their way. Are you gonna sit here and continue in your self wallowing? Or are you gonna guide them back on the right path? What is it gonna be Luna? Luna stood up slowly before looking up with resolution burning in her eyes. "I can't stay here feeling sorry for myself anymore. My people need me. I need to protect them and I have to protect my family, Beast, and Blake too. I have to protect them just as they protect me. A princess is someone that lights the way for her people, someone people can go to when their days are dark, someone who isn't afraid to ask fro help from others. I understand that now." She walked out to the balcony and saw the shadow rampaging through the town. Luna placed her hand on her chest and closed her eyes. I understand what I have to do now........What you've been trying to tell me.........I'm not afraid anymore of what lies ahead.....I'm going to keep moving forward and become that beacon of light for my people. I won't let fear take control anymore. All this time, I've had people around me to help me and I won't take them granted anymore.......Luna opened her eyes and jumped from the balcony to the castle wall and to a roof of a house and continuously jumped from roof to roof before stopping just little ways from the enemy. "I'm ready to claim back the part of me I left behind ages ago......But I won't do it alone....." Blake, Akira, Her parents, Beast, and even the enemy looked over at her in astonishment. Blake smiled as he felt the old Luna come back to him. Luna's shoulder had begun to shine changing the countdown timer as soon as it hit zero to something entirely new. As if it were planned, a phoenix had come flying through the sky, circling around Luna. The color of its feather had been a light blue while its eyes shined an almost turquoise color. Luna placed her right hand over her chest. "The past won't take control anymore!!" Both of Luna's shoulders had shined bright revealing a tattoo over both of them, and a little after that her back had begun to shine, revealing the same tattoo. "The Mark of the Celestial Phoenixes?!?!?! It can't be!!!" Luna closed her eyes for a moment before opening them. "Lua, Phoenix of the Moon!! I need your help!!! Lend me your strength!!" The phoenix, Lua, flew down before transforming into his human form. He kneeled down in respect to the princess. He began glowing a blue aura around as he started fading. The area had become bright enough for people and even for the enemy to shield their eyes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Music START]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The light had begun to dissipate from the area. Everyone opened their eyes and looked to find their princess. The wind blew through the town at the silence that was cast throughout the area. "
    NO! IT CANNOT BE!!!" The shadow shouted at the sight it saw just ways from it. Luna stood up slowly as her eyes were closed. Her outfit had completely disappeared as a new armor appeared. Luna had begun making her way toward the shadow with her eyes still closed. Nobody dared to speak a word as this was happening before Beast spoke up. "What in the world happened to her?" Aaron spoke up in response to Beast's question. "That......My friend......Is Lumios, the Lunar Phoenix Knight....Said to appear every 5 centuries.....The Knight would be chosen by Lua, the Moon Phoenix and servant to his chosen to inherit his powers.....It would appear that Lua has finally chosen his knight...." Aaron and Beast looked at Luna as she finally made it the shadow. The shadow had bean growing irritated and frustrated with each passing second. Luna opened her mouth to speak but what came out wasn't Luna herself. "Thou who threatens the peace of this kingdom will be illuminated by the light of the Phoenix....."Luna raised her hand and little speck of light had shined around Luna's hand before a keyblade had emerged in her hand. She jumped up to a higher platform to fight the threat at hand. "IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT ME, THINK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The shadow started to attack the Knight but missed as she dodged just before the attack could connect. The final battle had just begun............

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Just assume a battle took place....My brain got to fried up so ta-da!)

[Music STOP]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Amidst the darkness, Luna drifted through trying to find her shadow. After moments and moments of drifting, she finally came across her shadow. She grabbed her hand and pulled her into an embrace. "I'm so sorry for leaving you alone for so long......It's going to be okay now...We're not alone anymore and we never will be." Her shadow smiled as she shed tears over her other half's words. The area around them grew bright and brighter until everything was bathed in light.

Luna opened her eyes to see the sun rising, bringing forth a new day. Her family, Blake, and Beast were ecstatic to see the girl finally open her eyes. Tears had been shed and smiles were stretched wide on their face. She did it. She conquered her fears and finally understood her role and found herself once again. After a couple hours of rebuilding and checking for any injuries, the six headed to Lake Hylia to relax from everything that has happened. As they reached the lake, the same door Luna saw in the Castle of Illusions appeared in front of them. "That door.....It's back..." Luna took a couple of steps but looked back to see the others stay where they were. Akira was the first to speak up out of the five. "I guess it's time for you to go.....You have to go back to the others as well as the real Akira, Aaron and Sophia, Beast, and Blake." Luna's eyes widen at the words her brother spoke. "You-you knew?" The illusion Aaron and Sophia nodded but couldn't say a thing. Luna looked over at each one of them.The illusion Blake walked up to Luna and placed a hand on her head. "I might not be real but the feelings I have are, I will love you just as much as the real Blake does and we will always protect you no matter what. Don't forget the things you saw here and what you felt. If you do that, none of us here will ever go away. We'll always be here.....In your heart...Okay? Now get going....They're waiting for you.." Luna frown a bit before shaking her head and smiled up at him. She nodded and started making her way to the door. Just before she pressed her hand on the door, she looked back and saw everyone smiling. "I won't ever forget my time here and I will never forget you guys............That's a promise...." With that, Luna looked back at the door and pushed it open to reveal a bright light.....

XIV: The Story of Luna
    Legacy......
    End...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Luna stepped through the door and arrived back at the Castle of Illusions. She saw the others around the hall talking to one another to pass the time until everyone was back. The door closed behind her and she finally knew...She was back in the real world. As if everything that occurred caught up to her in flash, she collapsed to her knees, breathing heavily.

(2,590 words)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  8. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    After her discussion with Beuce, Kaida had just kind of been leaned up against the wall. She was relaxing just a tad but she kept looking over at the doors. She was very worried about Hikaru and she was hoping he would get out of there okay. When Kaida had noticed Hikaru fall back into the hallway, she had started to run towards them, but some stranger got there first and she would have kept going, but Kaida just happened to be standing right by Luna's door as Luna fell forward. She hadn't really met the girl, but she looked like she just went through one heck of a hard time. But she made it out, and Kaida decided to focus her attention on her and she got down on her knees next to Luna and placed a hand on her shoulder gently, "You're back! Are you alright though?"

9. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Luna looked up to Kaida as she placed a hand on her shoulder making sure she was okay. "You're back! Are you alright though?" Luna took a moment to catch her breath. She nodded before speaking up. "I'm fine...Just a little exhausted is all...Thank you though!" Luna smiled a bit before speaking once again. "I don't think I've seen you before, have I? In any case, my name is Lunala but you can call me Luna" Luna sat up a bit and smiled once again awaiting for Kaida's response.

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Kaida let go of Luna's shoulder and smiled back saying, "My name's Kaida. I uh, I popped in when some of this group was trudging their way through Corona. I remember seeing you a couple times and um..." Kaida scratched the back of her head and looked confused, "I think Aux had mentioned you were a princess?" she wasn't quite sure if she remembered that one right. Especially since the blow Aux gave to her head left some of those memories more foggy than she would have liked.

11. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Hikaru looked up to see a new blonde face reaching out lending him a hand. "Umm, thanks." He took him up on his offer and lifted himself off the ground. "So... are you a keyblader too? Or are you another illusion I don't know about?" Hikaru poked the boy's shoulder just to make sure. There was plenty racing through his mind, but for now he just wanted to regroup and see who was still intact. Seeing a fresh face wasn't the most easing thing, but it was better then the horrible experience he had to endure. "What's your name?"

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  12. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Both Aislinn and the other guy had walked into the castle, leaving Kel to close the door behind them. It was weird being called sir, especially from someone older than him. "You can call me Kel if you want." He figured that would at least make it less awkward when she choose to address him. Though she did bring up a valid point in her question. He didn't have time to notice it at the time, but looking around now he saw a couple of things that stuck out to him. Beuce had a new multi colored arm, Karina was basically naked excluding a cloak and some random girl was sitting on top of Glen after presumable kicking his ass. The last one wasn't all that surprising, but the first two most certainly were. "It's complicated." He said to Aislinn, wondering just what had happened while he was in the door.

Then Hikaru joined up, quickly asking if everyone had gotten their keyblades back. He knew that he'd gotten his back, but what about the others. He didn't know for certain and had no idea what about the others.

13. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    "My name's Kaida. I uh, I popped in when some of this group was trudging their way through Corona. I remember seeing you a couple times and um..." Luna looked a little puzzled at the mention of Corona but immediately snapped out of that puzzlement. "Corona?.........Oh!! I think there's colony located there but I don't quite remember." Luna smiled again before Kaida spoke up again with a confused expression on her face. "I think Aux had mentioned you were a princess?" Luna's eyes widen a bit before relaxing a bit. She nodded a bit before looking down a bit. "Yes, Yes I am. I am one of two heirs for the throne. The other heir is my twin brother, Akira, however, I don't know where he is right now." Luna's face saddened a bit but she shook her head to knock her out of her sadness."I'm not worrying too much though. He's tough, he can take care of himself. We'll find our way back to each other soon." Luna looked a bit while holding her hands together.

14. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

He looked down at the teen and lifted him up. 'So... are you a keyblader too? Or are you another illusion I don't know about?' "A what? An illusion? Not that I am aware of?" He said with a smile. Then the boy poked him. "I am here, I think." A keyblader? "So a Keyblader? Is that what you call your group? Is that what everyone is carrying around? To tell you the truth I have not seen one before today." That was when he asked him his name. "My name? Umm. I am no one special. Just someone trying to find his way home." He thought for a moment. "As for a name it is Andrew Jacob Canvasback but you can call me A.J." He looked over and saw two girls. "I guess that you want to get back to your friends."

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Kaida listened to Luna explain her brother, and his fate, or at least all she knew about it. Luna seemed quick to cheer herself up though, Kaida kind of admired that a lot. Though she was probably trying to keep her mind off of it because they just went through so much. She responded saying, "I'm sure you'll both see each other again. But for now... we should probably get out of the realm of darkness. Since we're still here... but I hope you seeing your memories was at least a little nice, and not a horrific experience... at least one that doesn't end like..." Kaida looked over at Karina on the floor with the cloak, "Well..."

16. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Hikaru looked over to his friends. "I just wanted to make sure they're okay...I'm Hikaru by the way." He looked back to AJ. He didn't want to confront them just yet. A newcomer was a nice way of keeping his mind occupied as he tried to explain what went on thus far. "Well, recently we lost these keyblades for a while and only just gained them back. As soon as I make sure everyone is present and accounted for, we'll try and help you get home. If you need anything,just ask. But for now, it wouldn't hurt to get you acquainted with the others.." He gave him a reassuring pat on the shoulder and led him to Kaida and Luna. Hikaru walked closer to them unsure of how to greet himnself. A simple 'Whats up' seemed too casual, but a simple hello seemed to formal. Of all the annoyances his memories presented him, reuniting with his party seemed the most strenuous. He looked up at Kaida and pointed to her. "Kaida." He informed AJ. He then pointed to Luna and said; "Luna." He put his finger down and stood there, unsure how they would react. "It's uhh... it's good to see you both intact." He immediately withdrew the comment. "Not that I expected you to be in pieces or anything I mean..." he hung his head in surrender and gave up on the thought. "This is AJ," he pointed to the boy with his thumb.

17. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Kaida was glad to see Hikaru was alright, but the way he spoke just seemed odd. Like something was wrong. He didn't even say hello before he just kind of pointed at her. Maybe it was just an off point. Kaida nodded and looked at AJ and smiled, "Good to meet ya, AJ. Though, location isn't exactly ideal..." she then looked over at Hikaru and said, "You on the other hand, are you intact? You don't sound intact."

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    "I'm sure you'll both see each other again. But for now... we should probably get out of the realm of darkness. Since we're still here... but I hope you seeing your memories was at least a little nice, and not a horrific experience... at least one that doesn't end like..." As Kaida spoke, Luna smiled a bit but as she mentioned Karina, Luna started getting worried. The two look over to Karina and saw that she was on the floor with only a cloak to cover her. Luna's eyes widen in shock as Kaida spoke up once more. "Well...." Before Luna could head over to Karina, Hikaru walked over with somebody unfamiliar to her. "Kaida. Luna." Hikaru had greeted them and proceeded to introduce the stranger to the two. Luna smiled and waved hello to the stranger who Hikaru had mentioned his name was A.J. "It's uhh... it's good to see you both intact......Not that I expected you to be in pieces or anything I mean..." Luna chuckled a bit before responding. "I'm glad to see you unharmed as well. Though I am a little exhausted if anything, but I won't let that stop me! Umm.... Would you excuse me for a moment?" Luna looked over to Karina once more and ran over to her. "Karina!! Are you alright??" Worry and concern painted across her face as she spoke to Karina.

19. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

'I just wanted to make sure they're okay...I'm Hikaru by the way.' "You want to keep the safe because..." His voice trailed off like something was on his mind. Hikaru then went on about lost these keyblades and only just gained them back. He had so many question on this. Keyblades? There was so many things going on he did not know what to make of it. Hikaru then said he would try to get him home. "Something was off putting with the sky there. There was a darkness about it. There was no felling to it. The sky was all sorts of different colors. The earth opened up holes and it was not really that wonderful. It was different then the realm of darkness. In the realm of darkness it had an evilness to it. It was far different than anything I ever experienced." Hikaru then said something about getting you acquainted with the others. "What wait?" It was too late as Hikaru walked him over to the two girls. Then Hikaru introduced him to the two girls. Kaida then said something about the location isn't exactly ideal. He was not sure what she had met by that so he just smiled at her without saying much. Then there was about being intact. Then he watched Luna wonder off.

He looked to Hikaru like he had some questions then he thought better of it. By the way that Hikaru and Kaida talked he got the sense that they knew each other quite well. He got the sense that he was interrupting something by being there. "I hope that I am not interrupting something by being here." He thought of a moment. "This whole keyblade thing is rather new to me. It is all overwhelming." He looked to kaida and Hikaru and wondered if they had something to talk about. "What is this about being intact?" He himself had no idea what was going on. "Is there some sort of danger inside the castle? Something I should be worried about?" His home entered his mind. "What about my home? Is it safe? I want to be them safe. I cannot lose it again. Not again..." His mind going to his mother which was all that he had left. He took a breath and thought for a moment. "I guess it would not hurt to stick around and help out." He then looked to kaida and Hikaru. "I am not sure what kind of help I can bring to this group if any. The group seems to have it all together and I do not want to get in the way. After all you all have known each other longer then you have known me."

He thought of what was around here. Could he make a difference here? He could not make one back home. This place felt different in a way. The people here were so friendly. "The keyblades are the answer to help here I am guessing? What can I do to help?" He was after all just one person.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  20. Fearless A good and beautiful child

[​IMG]
    Whatever Gwendolyn had expected to be in the barn, it was certainly not a large, writhing mass of... whatever the hell that was. It was an ominous presence that held a coldness, and it washed over her very soul and down to her core, freezing her in place as every single eye stared her down like she was a lunch buffet. It was paralyzing, and she didn't think she'd be able to move if she wanted to.

But, more importantly, what had happened to her cats? She complained, she bitched and moaned constantly about them, but they were hers. Her babies, from the oldest grey cat down to the littlest babies that she fed by hand because she couldn't stand for a single one to die on her watch, and they were gone. All completely gone, and in their place was something so horrifying her brain couldn't process the words to describe it. She wanted to cry, she wanted to scream and shout at the thing to give her back her babies, if only she could move.

A yowling at her feet finally broke the trance, and she started enough to look down. The orange cat, the only cat left, was chomped onto her boot and tugging at it with all its might, trying to pull her back toward the door. Unfortunately, the sound of the cat seemed to have awoken the wrath of the shapeless mass of darkness as well, as it gave a deafening screech that was halfway between a scream and the sound of nails on a chalkboard, and Gwendolyn quickly clapped her hands over her ears to protect herself from it. It was crying, the thing was crying out in pain, and it was heart-wrenching, but the only thing that ran through her mind was, 'gods, I have to get out of here'.

When the sound faded, Gwendolyn opened her eyes again, only to find the eyes moving again, and beginning to surge toward her. She screamed, scooped up the orange cat by her feet, and sprinted as fast as her legs could take her, back out the barn door. Just in the nick of time, she rolled out, protecting the cat in her arms, and watched the mass of darkness burst out of the barn, practically blowing the doors off their hinges. Somehow, they sky was now purple and dark, as though night had come early, though she could have sworn it was midday five minutes ago. The wind whipped at her hair and dress, blowing every which way, and the house was nowhere to be seen. She was alone, in a field, with only a cat, a blown-out barn, and a monster that seemed to want her dead.

"What the fresh hell..." she whispered, her words blown away in the harsh gusts.

The cat seemed to read her mind, as it now squirmed its way out of her arms and back onto the ground, and yowled at the approaching darkness. The many eyed creature was again facing her, but it was now several smaller monsters, only now beginning to take form. They prowled forward, until she could see, in the dim light, the form they had taken. Maybe her dad was right, maybe they shouldn't have kept all those cats, and oh gods where was her father? Where was anyone?

But she didn't have time to worry about anyone but herself right now. The orange cat stepped in front of her, a growl low in its throat, and her heart swelled at the thought that the cat was trying to protect her. One of the shadow cats stepped forward, and the orange cat hissed. That didn't seem to deter it, as the shadow cat didn't even spare the other a passing glance, it's large yellow eyes fixated on only her. She took a step back, and it leapt at her and oh god she was going to die, wasn't she? She put her arms in front of her face in some semblance of protection, and waited for the end.

It seemed that wasn't the case, as instead of darkness, the inside of her eyelids were assaulted by a blinding flash of light instead, and upon opening her eyes, Gwendolyn was amazed to find, instead, a large silver key held in her hand like a weapon, blocking her from the creatures around her. In fact, they almost seemed to be... frightened of it? They wound around the circle of light surrounding her and the orange cat at her feet, getting close but never touching, yowling that strange, horrifying cry they had.

They'd been saved, for now, but still, there didn't seem to be a way out of this. The weapon held the darkness at bay for now, but the storm was getting closer and closer, and more and more of the field seemed to disappear around her. Even the barn was gone now, blown away and around into the swirling mass above their heads, just like in that movie about the wizard. Somehow, she didn't think clicking her heels together three times and wishing for home would help here, though. She was on her own.

The shadow cats seemed to get bored of waiting as she watched them with wary eyes. They pooled together in front of her, rising up once again into a large mass of eyes, and again solidifying into one form of a massive cat, with millions of eyes all over its body, and somehow that was more terrifying than the shapeless blob it had been before.

She didn't stand a chance against this thing. So when the paw came up to swipe at her, she did the only sensible thing she could think of, and blocked. The weight of the giant paw swiped her and the orange cat to the side, off the small parcel of land left, and she too, was swept up and into the eye of the storm.