Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce sighed, realizing there was honestly somewhat little he could do with Karina in the current situation. He was honestly not sure what they were going to do with her in the future. If the keyblade deemed her unworthy because she couldn't face herself, then she'd, harsh as it was, be dead weight in combat. With the kind of power they were going against, they couldn't afford to have anything less than their best. If they had to protect Karina as well, he wasn't sure they could win. He scratched his head. Now that his hand was made of glass, it was a very odd sensation. In any case, there wasn't much that he could do at the moment, and so he made up his mind to leave it in Stratos' capable hands. Gods go with him, that kid.

He tapped Kaida on the arm, as she was the closest person. There was something he'd been wanting to do for a bit, but couldn't with the whole Karina thing going on. He motioned his head to the side, indicating for her to follow. "Hey, i wanna talk to you for a minute." He walked over to a part of the castle a bit out of view of everyone else in SOS. In the most oblivious possible manner, he began. "Hey, you want me to show you my keyblade? It's really nice. It's way longer than most I bet you've seen. Only thing is, it's all red and blue and i can't really figure out where the head is. I'll show you mine if you show me yours" He reached his hand out and summoned Lofty Grasp to him in a whirl of red and blue, holding it out for her to take and look at.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Kaida wasn't exactly expecting Beuce to tap on her shoulder and indicate her heading somewhere else with him, but considering Karina was starting to get a bit on her nerves with the way she was acting, it was probably for the best for her to get a break. After all, the last thing Karina would have needed would have been Kaida just snapping on her more. So she took Beuce's excuse and she followed him. She passively looked at him until he got into a monologue about showing his keyblade. Then Kaida's eyes suddenly widened as the description seemed to follow a path she did not wish to. Kaida shook her head until he said about showing his if she showed hers and she was like, "No no no this is not consen- oh." Kaida then realized what he was talking about and took a deep breath, "O-Oh. You meant. Keyblade... homewor- why does your look like that?"

Kaida took it from him for a moment and shifted it around to examine it before pausing a moment and staring at it and asked, "How the heck do you use this thing? Do you spin it around like a helicopter taking flight or something?" Kaida tried spinning it around but the keyblade disappeared out of her hand when she did that and it reappeared in Beuce's hand, like the keyblade was rejecting her even giving it a test run. She kind of wondered why.

3. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    He tilted his head to the side as she began to panicked. What did she think he mea- ohh. Hm. That could've been...a tad misleading. Also probably a tad illegal because she was like six years younger than him and he wasn't into jailbait. Putting the innuendos behind them, she attempted to wave it around, but the keyblade, almost in protest of being used by anyone except Beuce, blinked back into his hand. Well, that was odd. Maybe they weren't able to use each others keyblades. He twirled his fingers and the keyblade spun around to wield the magic side. If you weren't paying close attention, it would look like he simply moved it with his fingers, but closer inspection revealed otherwise. it wasn't so much the force of his fingers moving that turned the blade, as the will that went into moving them. The blade spun around, reacting to what he desired. This will over its movement was largely limited and far from perfect, but it was very much a boon. He twirled it around a few other times, slashing here and there, making the sound effects for spells with his mouth.

"Like that." He said, lowering the weapon. "Though i suppose i could use it as a helicopter. Hm...Maybe that's my glider! That would look...really dumb actually. I hope that isn't my glider." As the sentence went on, he began to speak less to her and more to himself, trailing off. Looking back up, he continued on from the subject of his stupid looking potential-glider. "So, what's yours like? What does it do, if you've figured it out yet?" The man asked curiously. He was honestly wondering what everyone's keyblade was like.

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Kaida watched him spin it around when he did. That was when she noticed his hand based on the way he twirled it. Up until that point she was just distracted by other things but the way the light reflected off of his hand when he twirled it and Kaida mentally was like Wait. Hold up. His hand's back. and it's glass! What happened?! but since Beuce asked her about her keyblade, she decided it was probably best that she just answer his question first before specifically asking about the hand.

Kaida summoned out her keyblade and held it up so he could see the design and she said, "Pretty neat, huh? I didn't get much practice with it in a fight but the handles make it really easy for me to just..." she stopped explaining in words and showed herself mock dueling with the air, her hand grabbing onto the edges of the handle rather than the central bar. She switched her hands a couple times showing the ease of which she could transition from one hand to another that way. Then she stopped and said, "Well, you could hold it this way. Ya know, the expected way." she held it by the handle and held it in an horizontal direction before letting it go and holding it out towards Beuce and saying, "It's just easier for me the way I was doing it, but here, have a closer look."

If and when he took the keyblade, Kaida was just kind of quiet for a moment before saying, "So, you got a new hand, huh? It looks fragile. And well decorated."

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  5. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

He watched with interest as she showed it off. It was a little short, but that made it easier to maneuver. "Honestly, i think it suits you well. Though, now that i think of it, it'd be a little worrying if it didn't" He said with a slight chuckle. He held up his arm to give her a better look when she asked about it. He was still wearing the same outfit he had been in the thousand heartless battle, so the sleeve was cut off and not there to obscure it. "Yeah, it sounds a little crazy but uh...I kinda found something out during the few months i was in my homeworld. Turns out my entire race except me was wiped out, but instead of having their souls reincarnated they were put into me for safekeeping until I'm able to reclaim my home. Not only that, but the gods took refuge in my heart as well." Saying it out loud, he realized that it really did sound stranger than he'd expected.

"This was a gift from them for being able to face my fears and carry onward. They said it was so that no matter the path i walked, I'd never forget where it was I came from. The decorations on it are a mural of my people's history." He went over each part of it, giving a brief description as to what exactly was happening in it. It felt a little weird talking about it, but they'd all been through equally harrowing trials. He was sure he wasn't the only one that had something odd happen, or made a discovery about themselves. "Despite the fact it's made of glass, it's not actually fragile at all. In fact, it actually takes a lot to break it." He took his keyblade and gave it a rather hard wack. There wasn't a crack or shatter like the way normal glass would've reacted. Instead there was a resounding clang. It sounded almost melodic. Like a musical instrument made from this would sound not altogether unpleasant.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
  6. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Kaida listened to him explain the arm and what was on it, pretty fascinated overall with what she was learning. She didn't really bring up questions so she couldn't understand all of it, but she got the general idea of it pretty well. And he seemed okay with talking about it, albeit sounding a tad awkward. But it didn't seem forced at all. If he hadn't mentioned how the glass wasn't fragile before he did the hard wack, she probably would have panicked slightly. She listened to the ring and enjoyed it's slightly melodic hum.

When he was done, she scratched the back of her head and said, "Does that feel like a big weight to you at all? Ya know, having the souls of your entire race with you? When I think of it like that, I dunno... I guess that would give me a bit of anxiety... also..." Kaida's hand dropped down to her side and she tilted her head and asked, "You... were gone for months? I... I thought everything happened like, in a day. A very sped up and confusing day. With a lot of stuff going on. But, for me it felt like it all happened in a day." she actually looked very concerned and looked towards the direction where everyone's doors would have been and Kaida asked, "If it was months, does that mean it might take some of them longer to get back?" she sounded slightly worried, though she wasn't fully sure how time worked anymore in this place, so it could be a minute for them and months for the others all she knew. Then Kaida kind of asked quietly, "Is... anyone else gonna end up failing it like Karina?"

7. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta heard Kaida and frowned. She didn't want to be so forceful with Karina, but still...it was worth a try. Too bad that didn't work and it just looked like Karina started to wallow more and more in her own self-pity. That started to annoy Ananta, though, and it made her almost want to smack Karina for being this weak and being so sad.

So she did. She smacked her and glared at her. "Karina, that's enough. You look so pitiful and so not like yourself. You used to be so angry and so ready to beat the crap out of me just because I got on your bad side. Now, you can look at me for more than ten seconds and you haven't even hit me yet. What the heck happened to you?" she said, watching her.

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

He thought about her question for a moment. "Well, to be honest, I was basically told that I singlehandedly carried my race on my shoulders. If i went down, so did we. I just never thought it would be so literally. So, I guess by the time I found out I was kinda used to the concept. Though, yeah it was some pretty heavy stuff at the time. Still kind of is, I'm just more used to pressure by this point. There's a reason I didn't really flinch during the big fights." It was then that she said something which kind of surprised him. She asked about the fact he'd been in there for months. "Yeah. I basically lived out from the time I was named king to when my confrontation happened in real time. And, you were only in there for a day? Man, I feel a little cheated now. I always did have a habit of drawing the short straw" He said with a short laugh.

As she continued, he looked at some of the doors around the hallway. He didn't know whos was whos, but about half of them remained closed. The open ones were the ones that he and his friends had already emerged from. Most of them couldn't be seen into, only a white light as to what lied beyond. The only one that didn't look the same was Karina's door, which was coated with a deep darkness. It didn't exactly take a genius to figure out what that indicated. She'd failed her test. Her past wasn't overcome. It was still coated in darkness and horror. "I...I can't say. I'm already out, so i don't think the amount of time they view it as really has any bearing. Hell, i can't even say how long its been since we entered. Time seems a little fuzzy here." It was then that she hit him with the elephant in the room, and i don't mean she summoned Dumbo. "I...don't know...I'd like to say no, but if they don't come out soon...I don't think it bodes well for them." It was a grim statement, but he was being honest about it.

9. Krowley Moderator

V
    The Story of Hikaru
    ACT IV - "Grumpy"

Hikaru awoke once again. Like he was waking up from a nightmare, he shot upwards in a sweat. His breathing heavy and heart pounding three times as fast. His vision was still trying to adjust as the dwarf now in front of him, was scowling. Wearing a burgundy shirt and brown cap. This was one of the dwarves he could never really forget. He sighed, knowing full well that he wasn't going to be of much help, or even give him a break for once. "Oh it's you," he stated, before laying back down on the pavement.

Grumpy did not approve of this. "Hey yah lazy bum! Wake up!" Grumpy gave him a swift kick to the side, causing Hikaru to cringe. "Acck! What was that for!"He held his side, as he sat upwards. "Cause yer a lazy good for nothing bum, that's why!" He looked to his surroundings. "One minute I'm in the mines, and the next thing yah know, Im stuck here with some... dang kid! It's witchcraft I tells yah!" He lifted his foot to give a warning for another kick. "Now start talkin, or my foot's a gonna be walking... all over yer face!" Hikaru suddenly recalled the last time he saw his face. "My face... My face!" He looked around for anything he could see his reflection is, before spotting the axe on Grumpy's belt. He put his hand on Grumpy's head, before grabbing the axe on his belt. "Hey what're yah- Ahh!" Grumpy was knocked back onto his rear as Hikaru swiped the axe. He anxiously rubbed the metal part of the axe until his reflection began to show. Staring back at him was his feathered blue hair and auburn eyes. He let out a huge sigh of relief.

Grumpy got up, flustered as ever. "Haamf! Mother didn't teach you manners!" He flicked his large nose with his thumb, unsure if Hikaru was aiming for a fight. He looked at his own hands in the realization of what he was going through to try and keep his sanity. He was beginning to grow more desperate for answers. "Oh... I'm sorry Grumpy. I just-"
    "And another thing! How do you know my name! Waddya want! Diamonds? Gold? Well you ain't gettin' either of 'em!" While Grumpy was on his rant, Hikaru was looking around. They were back in Central Haven.
    "Hey! I'm talkin' here!" Hikaru helped himself up before offering a hand to Grumpy. He merely scowled at the offer and got up himself. "You know me," he tried to reason. "Never seen you before in my life! Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna try and find out where I am!" He began to march off angrily.

"I'm Krowley! The guy in the armor!" Grumpy froze at the mention of the armor. "The fella in the blue and yellow suit?"
    "Yes! That's me!" Hikaru;s eyes lit up.
    Grumpy tilted his head to get a better look at him. "Ha! Yer too short to be that uniformed trooper!" He continued to walk off, much to Hikaru's dismay. His sadness turned to grudge as he scoffed at the woodlands character. "FINE! Go! Not like you guys are helping me much anyways..." He walked off in the opposite direction towards the Central Haven Library. He sprinted into a bit of a jog unsure of which point of view he would wind up in. Kurt's, Aux's, or his own. He still had to align the pieces of this messed up dream.

He showed up at the library and spotted Rin in the head librarian's chair. "Rin!" he called out, relieved to see her. Rin's presence here must've meant that it had been just passed 2 years into the past for him. Rin remained unresponsive as he walked closer. He waved his hand in front of her. "Hey, it's me, it's Hikaru." He touched her wrist only for his hand to phase through. He looked at his own hand. It looked like he had gone into a third party perspective. Now it would be harder to see whose memories they were.

"I hope I'm not interrupting," a raspy elderly voice spoke. Rin looked up and Hikaru spun around. It was Kurt, still as old and fragile looking as ever in his white robe. "You must be Kurt; the new librarian," she smiled. Hikaru looked at them intently. "Gotta say, much as I love the books in here, place can get a bit creepy when you're all by yourself."
    "Not to worry my dear," he smiled back. "Isolation is something I am all too familliar with." That last comment made him uncomfortable.

"Anyways, we sure are lucky you came when you did. This place is in definite need or reorganizing."
    "Knowledge is my forte. I'll be sure to do what I can to help. The order has been far too kind to my ward and I." Kurt walked over to the Librarian's chair and sat in it. "A perfect fit!" Rin smiled.
    "I think thisis exactly where I'm meant to be... Oh, and speaking of my ward; how is he doing in your little academy for weilders... I wish I could teach him more but alas, I have no blade to instruct with."
    "Oh he's doing very well actually. Aux was his name, right?"
    "Yes, Poor boy was orphaned when I found him. After a few years of training, we found ourselves here." Hikaru was perplexed. He clearly wasn't orphaned, and even more so, why didn't he claim that they were related?
    "Well you've done a wonderful job with him Kurt," Rin smiled.
    He flashed her another fake smile. "I do what I can for the future generations."
    "That's wonderful... Well I'll leave you to be settled in." She began to walk out the door, but was blocked by a man in the academy armor. Hikaru was shocked to see him go from a teenager of his size to a fifteen year old behemoth of a man. "Whoa, hard to believe you're younger than I am," she chuckled. "Armor looks great on you though! Keep up the good work!" She walked around him and closed the doors behind her upon exiting. Aux, Kurt and Hikaru were left in the room, silent for a few seconds.

"Why can't we tell people we're related again?" Aux finally spoke.
    "I've told you.. we can't trust these people... But it doesn't mean we can't gain theirs."
    "They seem fine to me. You wouldn't believe what they're teaching me grandpa-"
    "For the last time child, never use that term!"
    Aux lowered his enthusiasm. "Sorry..." Aux replied. Hikaru watched, feeling very uneasy at the tension in the room.
    "Save your apologies... For now just learn what you can. Especially with that Rin girl... She will make an excellent candidate for Nequa's vessel.

And now Nequa too? How many connections were hidden in this story? the only memories he had were of Aux's childhood.

"Nequa? Was that the girl in the purple hood we met before coming here? What does she need a vessel for?"
    "Never you mind. It's no concern of yours. She and I have an arrangement is all. We are helping each other reach our ultimate goals."
    "And what is that goal?" Kurt looked at him with daggered eyes. "Right.. No concern of mine."
    The fact that this old man was bending the wills of Aux was mind boggling.
    Kurt's expression change to that of a comforting grandfather. "Auxilius. I brought you here to become a master of the keyblade. That is your one and only goal. I brought you with me and offered to help you expand your horizons. I only ask that you not concern yourself with my affairs. They are simply regrets I must make amends to."
    Aux looked down and sighed. "Yes, sir."
    "Now please leave me to my studies... I have much to research."
    "Yeah... sure." Aux turned and began to walk away, emotionally defeated. It was like he sought after his grandfather's approval only to be shot down for it. As he walked off, Hikaru was conflicted as to who he should follow in this case. Grumpy passed Aux and into the library, spotting Hikaru as he walked in. "So what's the deal with nobody being able to see us?! More witchcraft!"
    Hikaru remained fixated on Aux as he walked passed Grumpy. "Uh-huh.. witchcraft. Hey, keep an eye on Kurt for me, I have to go deal with something."
    "I ain't takin' orders from you!" There was a small silence as Kurt was checking on the files and Aux had fled with Hikaru. "Fine, I'll watch him! But because I want to! Not 'cause you told me!"

Hikaru followed closely behind Aux until he reached the training ground. He looked up at the sky and sighed. "Dear mom and Dad... It's me again... Aux. I wish I could send letters, but gran- I mean.. 'Kurt' says it could be dangerous. Saying that the worlds outside our own are dangerous enough as it is. I know it's silly trying to reach you like this, but part of me believes that maybe if I talk to a cloud or star or something like that... my voice will reach you. Or maybe yours will reach me." Hikaru watched teary eyed as Aux spoke to the sky. "He's trained me hard though. I've gotten really strong. Wish you could see how much I've grown in this year alone. Definitely give dad a run for his money, hehe..." He was silent for a few seconds after that. "I miss you."

Aux began to glitch in front of Hikaru's eyes. "No! Not now!" Hikaru blurted out.
    The rest of the world began to glitch out like if it was a computer program. He still didn't know where he came from or what was going on.
    "Aux! Grumpy! Anyone! I have to know who I am!"
    The world grew pitch black again.

"Who am I?..."

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  10. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Kaida quietly pondered his responses, mostly to her question about everyone else's tests, since the first question seemed to pass without really having to go back there. She shifted a bit, trying to find a better position to stand since her feet felt sore, and just finding another place to put pressure overall felt the most ideal. Kaida got herself in a comfortable spot and thought for a moment on the last one before sighing, "I... was really close to not making it out of mine..."

Kaida turned towards him and held out her hands out defensively and said, "I won't monologue too long about it but, the entire time I was just.... being followed by this dark vision of myself. And... she kept telling me to give up. And she kept making me feel guilty for some... well, horrible things I'd done. And a part of me almost didn't let go and let myself lose..." Kaida crossed her arms a bit and looked over in the direction of Karina and said, "I... feel slightly bad for getting on her case, when there was a very likely chance I could have not let go of my past either." she shrugged it out a little and said, "If I waited a minute longer, I might be crying on the ground too."

Kaida took a deep breath before shifting her hair and asking, "How... would you react if you were the one responsible... for ruining your friend's life. Where, they couldn't follow their dreams anymore, but you still could follow yours, almost at the expense of your friend..."

11. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce listened intently. He didn't say anything for a while, just listened. Once she asked about what he would do if he'd ruined a friend's life so that they couldn't follow their dreams anymore in exchange for you being able to. He honestly didn't know. He rolled around thoughts in his head for a minute, clearly lost in thought. He felt like the answer was on the tip of his tongue, so he rolled over everything he knew about Kaida in his head. Finally, he recalled a memory from a while back. A conversation between her and an injured someone in a library a while back. They'd seemed like they knew each other for a long time. He didn't quite know how, but that was at least his best guess

He remembered the man telling him about how a friend had turned on their ship they'd been working on accidentally and he got injured in the process. Putting the two together only now, he looked like something had just dawned on him. "...Are you Seiza's friend? Is it the thing with the ship you're talking about?" He asked. There wasn't really any point in uncertainty about it. He figured it would be better if things were out in the open about this whole conversation. Keeping things ambiguous would only lead to confusion.

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Kaida looked thrown off when he mentioned Seiza's name. Her eyes visibly widened as she looked at Beuce and her face softened as she asked, "How... did you know that?"
    "I met him in the library at Central Haven. I heard you talking and he told me about what happened. I didn't put the two together until just now, though."

Kaida nodded just slightly before rubbing the back of her neck and going, "Yeah... it was him. I... I know he tries to tell me it's okay. Because mistakes happen and I was young, but a day doesn't go by where I wonder, what if I was more disciplined and thought things through before doing them?" Kaida summoned out Whittling Promises again and just twirled it in her hand to keep her hands doing something, "Why do I deserve something like the keyblade when I can put people in pain like that? Seiza can't travel to see the worlds like he always dreamed... and I ruined it."

Beuce muttered something to himself, as though thinking something over before returning his gaze to Kaida. His expression was a surprising one. It wasn't pity or anything of the kind. It was confidence. "Don't worry. I've got a plan for that. I was going to do it myself, but instead...Why don't you come along?"

Kaida blinked in confusion and tilted her head with an eyebrow raised, "What now?"

Reaching into his pocket far deeper than one would think physically possible, he pulled out a sizeable tome with the symbol for the elements on it. "Know what this is?"

Kaida reached out and took the tome from him to look it over, trying to figure it out for a moment before her face turned to slight annoyance, "Out of all the things you could steal from Central Haven, you took a heavily decorated book? I mean, I know you seem to be into art and stuff but I think there were a few more important things there..."

"Look this was before the attack even happened." He sighed. "Anyway miss oh why would you take this piece of shit. I think you'll find this to be a very useful thing." He said waving he hands in a mocking fashion, trying to imitate her voice. He flipped through the pages on various sections regarding elemental magic. There was an explanation of the tiers of magic, elemental oppositions, and general magic theory. Finally, he reached what he brought the book out for. "The elemental guardians. Supposedly, the absolute highest form of magic can't be attained through normal means like others. Instead, they're guarded by a protector. One for each element, hidden throughout the worlds. Find them, challenge them, and defeat them to win your prize. The strongest magic to exist of that element. Light magic is generally some form of healing, so if there were ever to be anything capable of helping him, it'd be what the guardian of light is protecting."

13. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Kaida looked over what he was pointing to and listened to the explanations. When he got to the point about explaining the light, she blinked and asked, "How did you even find out about something as powerful as this... and why in the world didn't I think of something like that sooner. I wouldn't have thought to read through books to find powerful enough magic like that... especially ones that could have saved my friend. I would have thought everything known would have been openly known to the Academy or something..."

He snorted. "Maybe you should try getting into art and stuff." He continued on with his explanation. "Anyway, the guardians come with a few stipulations. One, you need to be a keyblade master to earn the right to even challenge them. Two, their locations are hidden. They only have a riddle to lead you to them. The one for light is 'In the depths of darkness awaits the light. Guarded by sages of time made older. Unlikely, these three now hold the key. In the mystic eye of the beholder' and lastly, given that being a keyblade master is only the starting line, they're probably really really strong." He closed the book, and looked at her. "So, if you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound. What do you say? Want to hunt down all ten of them with me?"
    Kaida shrugged a bit and said,

"I don't see why not. Other than being able to help Seiza, I'm sure these other powers would be helpful for us if like, we were to fight Aux again."
    Kaida's face was straight for a moment before she grinned mischievously and said, "I bet he'd piss his pants if something big came his way."

Beuce returned her grin and followed up. "I bet i could straighten out Nequa with something like this. Just 'oh what's that you use your big powerful magic?'" He mimicked the motion of throwing a fireball underhand and then put his palms together and expanded them so as to signify an explosion. "Bwoooooo~"

Kaida couldn't stop laughing a little before she was like, "And just Vanitas having to duck down when it's like 'hey look at me I've got thunder OH WAIT IT'S A STORM' and it just raining down lightning like... man... huh..."

"Haha. Hell, we could even go and give no heart a run for his money. Sounds awesome..." He trailed off, grinning.

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ignis leaned against a wall while she watched the conversations going on between the other keyblade wielders. Karina was still upset, Beuce and Kaida were having a conversation about something or other, Ignis didn't really care too much, and the others seemed to be having their own things going on as well. She wanted to do something, but what that was, she had no clue. It probably wasn't a bad time to talk to some people, especially since they all finished their own tests and stuff, but conversing to a person who looks like they could carry a rain cloud the size of an ocean around them didn't seem enjoyable, and she didn't want to interrupt Beuce and Kaida.

Since she was never any good at openly starting a conversation, at any point in time, Ignis wasn't sure what she was going to do. Looking around, she tried to find an option C for her dilemma. Then she noticed Stratos didn't really seem to be doing anything, and Ignis decided it was better than doing nothing. She walked over to him and tried to start a conversation.

"Hey Stratos? So, do you have any idea what you're going to do after all of this craziness is done and over with?" She shuffled her feet a little, feeling a little awkward asking such a random question.

15. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

The story of Andrew ‘AJ’ Jacob Canvasback

Part 6

"The Partner"

He was ready to take Chicken Little on a walk around the town to find his friends. Part of him wondered if they were anywhere nearby. Chicken Little may have just shown up. The way that Chicken Little had talked it was almost like that he had come from a completely different world. Now that was not possible. He guessed in a weird odd way that everyone lived in their own world and every once and awhile two worlds would cross and you would be able to interact with each other. He slightly wondered if that was happening now or if he was thinking too much in to it. He turned to take Chicken Little when he heard something from the forest. Someone was coming this was not good. A chicken wearing clothing would bring so many questions and he did not want to have to deal with that. "It is time to move." He took the chicken's hand and moved him behind a tree so that whoever was coming would not ask too many questions. "Stay here", he told the bird. He turned away to face whoever was coming. He slightly wondered who it might be.

That was when a woman came out of the forest with the look of disappointment. There was Zoey again. It was the same woman that was in his house earlier that day. With the look of disappointment on her face he could tell that she did not find the Well. With Zoey here that met that Lucas was not that far behind. He slightly hoped that she would not see him but he did not think that was going to happen. He was never that lucky. The look on Zoey when she did see him was an odd one. The look was a mixture of surprise and something else. He let lout sigh and hoped that this would not be that look. She walked up to him and said, 'I see that you decided to come help look for the Well.' "By the looks of things you did not find it." 'Yea, but I can feel that I will find it one day.' "What makes you think that it is even in the forest?" 'Well it is the only thing that makes any sense.' She then looked behind her looking for Lucas but he still was not here. 'The prophecy states, if you wish for the land to remain as it is all you have to do is rejoice in the way things are. Work together and you shall find the Well of delight. To the first who find untold wealth and a wish awaits you. Stay as one you will not find anything but remorse and anger. Together you will find what you desire. If you do not one of heart and mind will be able to find what was lost but can be found. Clues you will find to point you the way to untold treasures. The desert of want and needs, the sea of deep wonders and the forest of wonder and thought you will get what you all desire. There is no desert and no sea. All that we have is a lake.' Of course there was no desert or sea but he always thought that it was some kind of riddle and it was not met to be taken at face value.

"Why do you even want to find the Well?" 'Well for the treasure for what I desire, for the Well of Delight, for the untold wealth. Most of all I want that wish.' He was almost afraid to ask what she would wish for. He had an idea of what it might be. Most want power, money or something to put them on top. Then there was him who did not want any of those things. He never told anyone what he wanted. He wanted something that everyone had, something that was lost but could be found, and something they did not need a wish to have. People where to blind to see that they did not need a wish to find what they once had. "What is it that you wish for?" The moment that he had asked the regretted it more than anything. The smile on Zoey's face was so large and had never seen a smile so big and so greedy at the same time. 'I want everyone to work for me. To bring me all that they own without question and I will not have to lift a finger. Most of all I will not have to deal with people like you. People like your mom. I do not see how anyone can be so happy and friendly all the time. It sickens me.' That was when they could hear someone from behind them walking.

Zoey turned around to see Lucas walking out of the forest. 'What took you so long? You know what it does not matter we are going lets go.' With that she walked off. Lucas stood there for a moment in shock and walked up to him. 'You know you could do a lot with helping find the Well. Your teacher always talks about how smart you are.' "There is only so much I can do." He was not even sure why every thought there was a Well after looking for so long and yet it was not found. 'I will be going.' With that Lucas walked off after Zoey. He was not sure what that was all about but whatever. He did not think that he would see those two again. He walked over to where he had left Chicken Little. "We should get going before someone else shows up." With that he walked away from the forest With Chicken Little.

Was Chicken Little his partner now? He could not say. It felt a little odd to have chicken following him but there was not much that he could do about it. The first stop away from the forest was the lake. The blueness of the lake stood out over the colors of the leaves from the trees. He look at the lake. Soon it would be frozen over with ice and there would be no waves that came. He stood in there just waiting for now.

16. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]
    Stratos looked at Karina after he gave his piece on the matter, and for once she actually seemed to be deep in thought and trying to process through her head what others were saying instead of just hitting a knee jerk response and going off at them. She seemed pensive, confused and lost all at once. And soon, she gave her response. One that she had no idea what she was supposed to be doing and didn't know where to start looking for things. This question had made Stratos think as well. A reason to fight was something that came fairly easily to him. He had a world he wanted to save, enemies he needed to defeat and friends he needed to protect. But he never really understood what it was that Karina had been looking for, what she was trying to do, and what she was hoping to get out of helping others. And given these new developments, she probably didn't ever either. And while Stratos was about to say something on the matter, Ananta, who probably had the least ability to comprehend or acknowledge a situation of anyone he had met, decided to do what could only be described as the worst thing possible. She slapped Karina.

Stratos felt his eye twitch a bit as he bit his lip in frustration. While there were many things he could say to Ananta, he simply looked towards her and said, "please, just stop and go bother other people." While there was a whole plethora of things he could and wanted to say to her, at this very moment in time, it was not the proper moment to do so. Looking to Karina he then said, to actually answer her question, "I can't really tell you what kind of reason it is you need to go on or how to get one. That's mostly on you. But, the best way I can think of to start with is think of why you did this in the first place. Why you not only left your planet, but why you stuck around with us. Why you continued to fight alongside us this whole time and try your darnedest to save all the other worlds instead of just packing your bags and running away right from the get go. That would probably be the first step to take."

After he said that, the new girl walked over to him as well, and asked him what he thought he was going to do after he was done with this whole SOS business. To that, Stratos simply shrugged. "Can't say I know for sure. I mean, I'd probably like to go back home and help things out there but, with how many worlds I've seen in trouble, it doesn't look like it'd end just there, you know?" He said, though, then realized he gave very little context to go off of. However, before amending what he had said, Stratos looked at the girl quizzically and saying, "sorry, but this has been bothering me for a bit. Who are you?"

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  17. Glen Returned from the dead

XXIX - The tale of Glen Senka
    "Resurgence of the key/The will to fight"
    Part 4 of 4

(This one is kinda lengthy and poorly written. I'm only going to put the beginning part in a spoiler, so read at your own peril, or don't. I don't think many people read these anyway XD )

Falling into the darkness, Glen had been beaten and he knew it. He'd tried to change the past, and he had succeeded just like he'd been trying to for years, and yet despite that his father had still died. Illusion or not, that wasn't something that would likely ever leave him, much as he wished it would. However, his adventure wasn't over yet. He was still alive, and even if he didn't want to, he had to keep on pushing forward. Looking at the glass mural that was fast approaching him, he could see something that he hadn't really noticed before. On the stained glass were pictures of various people from the SOS group, and that was enough to tell him exactly where he was. The glass, the pictures, hell he could swear there was some kind of peaceful music that he could hear in the background, all of it was something he'd experienced once before, and heard stories about from his father. He was in the depths of his own heart. They said that the people you saw there were the people you felt closest to, or people that on some level you considered important to you.

All of the things that he'd done in the last few months, his father hadn't been there for. All of the progress he'd made, the strength he'd gathered, he hadn't done it alone but had in fact done it with the others. In a weird way, he supposed they were almost a second family to him. He landed gently on the mosaic and looked down at the pictures. Each of these people had made an impact on him and some of them had even taught him things he'd never realised before, or never really attempted. Even so, losing his father a second time had really shattered something inside of Glen, but at least he knew where he'd gone wrong. Taking on the darkness was something he had always tried to do on his own, even as a little kid, but things were always easier with someone there to back you up. If he'd never ran in the first place, his father may have still been alive in reality.

He thought back to the fight with Dane he'd just experienced. He hadn't had the keyblade, and even if he had...maybe this wasn't a fight he was meant to win. Maybe, just maybe, it was more important that he simply accepted things were as they were. It made sense, he hadn't been able to change anything in the long run anyway, so changing the past clearly wasn't the solution. He sighed. He'd wanted to make a difference so badly he'd lost sight of the bigger picture. He wasn't just Glen Senka, he was a keyblade wielder, he was someone who was meant to be a herald for the light and not of the dark, yet the longer he went on living in the past the more he risked giving into the darkness within. He made a decision. He wasn't going to change the past, rather he was going to protect the future. He'd become strong enough to protect those few people who had become such an important part of his being, and he wasn't going to stop until the day he died.

Just after making that decision, four pedestals rose out of the mosaic around him. If you'd asked Glen a year ago, he would've told you each of them had a weapon on them, but he could see that they were merely the tools he needed to build a better future for everyone. Naturally, he veered over towards the sword and simply stared at it for a moment. This sword was a symbol of great destructive power, the power to defeat every foe before it, something that appealed greatly to the ex-keyslinger. However, next to it was another pedestal with a spear on it. One look at it made it easy to see the perfect balance of it. It wasn't too big, yet wasn't too small, and unlike the sword it could probably be used in all kinds of acrobatic maneuvers, the kinds of things Glen absolutely loved doing as a child. As a weapon itself, the sword was likely better, but if he was going to attempt a change of attitude, he needed a change of weapon. Reaching forward, he took the spear. The sacrifice was way easier, he gave up that staff without hesitation. Sure, magic was cool and all, but the other two would be far more useful to him if he ever needed them. Swinging the spear a few times, he was impressed with its weight and within seconds found he preferred it over a straight up sword.

Looking down one last time at the pictures of the people on his mosaic, he nodded. "I don't think any of you will ever know how important you are to me. I barely talk to just about any of you, and yet here you are, helping me out here" he stated, before now looking directly up. "I wish I could stay here for just a moment longer. It's so...peaceful, kinda surreal. I guess this is what it'll be like once No Heart's been defeated, huh?" he questioned aloud. He was then enveloped in so much light he had to shield his eyes, and when he removed his arms he found himself standing right where he had fallen.
    [​IMG]
    The first thing Glen noticed was that the spear had turned back into the kingdom key. The second thing was Rapunzel on the ground, clearly badly injured. He wasn't sure how the girl had gotten away from Vanitas, or why she was there, but he raced over to try to help her anyway. "Rapunzel? Are you okay?" he asked, even though the answer was a definite 'no'.
    "Glen, you have to fight. Fight for what you believe in. Fight for your dream" she said, saying what was probably the most un-rapunzel-like thing you'll ever read. "I know that now. Thank you. Can you still fight?" he asked, to which the princess responded with a nod. "Alright, but stay back. If you can, try to do that healing thing you do with your hair and let me handle this guy" he instructed.

Stepping forward, Glen gave a casual wave to Dane. "Sorry, but you're leaving" he stated. Dane simply laughed at him. "Nah, this place is interesting. I think I'm gonna stay for a while, have a bit of fun with the people here, and then blow it to hell" he responded. This comment really got Glen's blood boiling, but he did his best to keep his calm. He was going to be able to unleash that anger in just a moment anyway, he could feel it. "I wasn't asking" he replied, in a relatively serious tone as he dashed forward with his keyblade in hand and took a swing.
    Dane, as expected, parried flawlessly and responded with an all-too-cocky horizontal slash to the torso, to which Glen nimbly leaped up and over the scythe, before swinging at the shadow reaper's skull. Dane, not expecting such movement after his previous battle, raised his scythe just a little too slowly, and though he blocked the impact his weapon was knocked ever so slightly to the side.

Glen was reacting quicker, he was attacking quicker, and he was undoubtedly striking with renewed strength. He'd tuned out every piece of information that wasn't absolutely crucial to the fight at hand, and because of it he was able to improve his other senses. He had abandoned his defensive stance in favour of a more powerful offensive one, but that was exactly what Dane had not expected. The follow-up strike from Glen sent Dane reeling, hitting him square in the back and pushing him forward.

Only milliseconds seconds later, Glen was on the offence again, but his attire was different. He was wearing a black jacket, had black gloves on, and his kingdom key had turned into a sword. Swinging his sword with more speed than the human eye could comprehend, he did a lightning quick, 5-hit combo attack in the shape of a cross, hitting Dane right in the back.

The shadow reaper turned immediately and swung behind him in an attempt to slay the foe that had dared to hit him, but he found that his scythe hit absolutely nothing other than a small cloud of smoke that had manifested itself. Unknown to Dane, Glen had changed once again and was now in green and black clothing with a beautiful butt-scarf flowing behind him. His sword had now become an outright katana, but it wouldn't be that way for long.

The moment the smoke dissipated, Glen rushed forward and casually dodged a reckless strike from his foe. As he did so, his attire changed again and he was suddenly shirtless with a white bandage around his torso and a black hood on, and no longer had a keyblade in hand. He also had a tattoo that looked totally badass, but that's irrelevant. Anyway, he continued past Dane's scythe and got nice and close to the man, before delivering a hugely painful uppercut, landing ten consecutive hits on his opponent and knocking him onto his back.

Not giving up the opportunity, Glen's clothing changed back to his regular clothes, but his keyblade was back in hand and no longer the kingdom key. This key was Last Legacy, a keyblade that symbolised him being the last of the Senka family, and his newfound drive to push onwards no matter what. With this clothing, Glen moved with lightning speed and slid underneath an attack, delivering one final slash to the shadow reaper and ending the illusion's life simultaneously.

With the fight over, Glen turned and looked to Rapunzel and gave a brief thumbs up, before turning to see a door had appeared where Dane had fallen. It was a white door, with golden handles, and it had the same name and number on it as the one he had entered his homeworld from. He was sad to see the end of his homeworld, but it wasn't goodbye; not really. After all, even if it had felt real it was an illusion. He might not have been able to return home due to it being destroyed, but Kara was out there somewhere and after he was done with SOS he intended on returning to her. Then, and only then, would he give up being a keyblade wielder and try to live a relatively normal life, hopefully with her as a part of it. For the moment, he could only push forward and try to stop No Heart's plans. No, not try. He was going to stop No Heart's plans, no matter what. With one last look at the illusion of his homeworld and a wave to Rapunzel, he stepped through the door and left his past behind him.

The moment he got back, Glen was more confused than ever. He felt a great deal of relief at seeing his friends, but Karina looked even more sorrowful than she usually did. "What the hell happened here? And Raisor, why are you female again?" he asked, not aware that he may very well have come off as very rude.

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ignis listened to Stratos lecture Ananta about her way of trying to make Karina feel better, and she wondered about the way she felt when she lost her family. For the first week all she did was wander from city to city, trying to find a way to restore her home back to normal, and after that, she just kept falling deeper and deeper into darkness. The only thing she could think about was fighting to make up for what she couldn't do with her family before, which led to her taking on more and more dangerous jobs. Of course, that's how she ended up almost getting killed, bed ridden for how many months, and Marie looking after her like crazy. And while Marie certainly had her scary side when it came to her being angry about something, Ignis wasn't sure she was ever slapped by her. There were moments for a slap, but when someone's in a position like Karina was in, hitting them wasn't going to do anything.

After Stratos's little lecture, he turned to Ignis and asked who she was. She forgot that not everyone had learned who she was at this point, and laughed a little. It was probably weird for a random girl to appear out of nowhere and ask questions like that.

"I'm Ignis. Though everyone got to know me as Raisor." She wondered how long she'd have to explain who she was, and hoped it wasn't going to be a thing that dragged on forever.

At that moment, Glen came out from his doorway, and of course, the first thing he blurts out is "what happened?". Karina apparently seemed to have that kind of effect on people at the moment. And not a second later he asked Ignis why she was a female again, and Ignis couldn't figure out why. Maybe she already told him her secret? If she did, she didn't remember. She shrugged her arms, not worrying about it, and gave a thumbs-up to him.

"Yup, all back to normal. No more copycat bodies for me." Then she gave him thumbs-down. "And you get minus 5 points for not even being subtle about asking that question."

19. Aelin Best Waifu

The smack reverberated through her being as she just sat there looking at Ananta, a familiar feeling of anger building somewhere deep within her, somewhere that she still couldn't quite reach. She was pathetic, yes she knew that, she had always been pathetic, she just always hid it. At least Stratos had stepped up to say something so that she didn't have to. She didn't know what she would say to Ananta. Honestly Karina would have screamed at her if she felt that her voice was strong enough to do so, but it wasn't. It was like something was caught in her throat preventing her from using her full voice.

"Do you want to know why? I have been running and hiding. That is all this has been. I have not stopped running since I left and I hate to admit it, but I stuck around because I knew with you guys I was safe. I never felt safe through my own strength even though I tried so desperately to get stronger so I could face my father. It all meant nothing I still can't face him because that strength was not strength where it counts. And now I have nothing. I don't even what to face who I am. In that room, while the illusion stopped, I may as well have died. I don't know who I am any more or what to do. The only reason I have to stand up again is figure out why to keep going. It is a stupid pointless thing but what else can I hold onto?" It seemed just talking was helping Karina get over herself, or more get fed up with herself in general. She hated herself, she hated sitting and not moving. She wanted to just leave that behind. She didn't know how she would, but she would figure something out eventually.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

Falling... falling... there was nothing there just darkness... then her back connected with something hard and Aislinn opened her eyes to look at the world around her. She was on some sort of path, and in the distance a light pierced through the darkness. She wasn't sure where she was but something about the light felt comforting. Trusting her heart to guide her, Aislinn set towards the pillar of light, keeping her keyblade in hand just in case. Her mind swirled with questions, mostly about what condition her home world was in now. She did not worry about herself, this was just the first step in her adventure that was just beginning. It wasn't how she planned to start it, but she was going to let her keyblade be her guide, and it seemed to have lead her here, perhaps this was where she needed to be.

Approaching the light Aislinn looked around. "Hello? Anyone here?" She called out as she drew closer to it, observing everything including the place behind it. Should she enter? A little unsure of what to do next she stood there for the moment looking around. "Well I hope that there is a reason for all this." Aislinn muttered to her keyblade as if it could actually respond to her.