Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta listened to Karina and understood she was dealing with loss. She put her arms around Karina and gave her a hug as comfortingly as she could. "Tell me what happened. Please....." she said. She then tried to heal up the scratches with some magic, hoping they'd start to go away or at least lessen in pain for her. "If it hurts too much to think about, then tell me later."

2. Aelin Best Waifu

"Don't touch me!" Karina snapped swinging her arm to try and push Ananta away. Instead of anger the true emotions that drove the anger was clear, fear. Karina was shaking so badly she was forced to sink to the floor shortly after, lacking the ability to stand any longer. When her bare bottom met the cold floor, for the first time she clued into the fact she was still naked. Karina brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her knees trying to make some sort of effort to hide herself as Ananta's magic went to work on her wounds, near erasing them, leaving behind the rapidly drying blood.

"I couldn't do it.... He died and I couldn't stop it....." Karina buried her head in her knees as she rambled slightly. She was in a more raw and broken stated than she had ever been before and it was destroying her. All the walls she had put up. The person she had pretended to be thinking it would help her escape, those were at a loss for her. She was just a real girl going through real struggles. Not just some powerhouse everyone feared. "I couldn't do it... I couldn't face my father and he died because of it." She finally managed to say.

3. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

The story of Andrew ‘AJ’ Jacob Canvasback

Part 4

"The Bully"

Andrew luck was looking like it was ending. Would Bob do what he did before? Be the undoing of what he wanted. Bob took a step forward and he took a step back. Luck did he even have any? The world had been unlucky. People doing what they wanted. People doing whatever and not helping anyone. People looking for the Well that may or may not be real. Looking for something that they had once. For a wish. For something that may be or may not be. Wanting for the world to be and a wish.

Did it bring people hope like his mom had said or was it about the greed that he thought it was. The greed that he was sure was not going to end anytime soon. It might be just be the way things happened. Then Bob took another step forward and Andrew took another step backwards. 'You cannot run forever' he said with a smile. He was not running. He had no reason to run. He was cut off from the forest and had nowhere to go. No one to help. Even if there was help they would just walk by without a second thought. Where would he run to when he could not really move? Fear was not something Bob gave to him. Bob gave fear to some but not to him. Bob did so much. He did the unthinkable and most said it just happened. That Bob did not mean it. His thoughts were not thought of people did not care what Bob did. It was like ops and move on. Some things that he rather not think about. Sometimes he could not help but think about that event. It was a wonder that he had followers. He was the fear that gave him power over the others. It was the fear that gave him power. It was the greed that let Bob get away with the things that he did.

He was starting to be backed up to a tree. 'You will fear me. You will do as I say.' Bob had always had power over most but not him and he could not figure out why. Andrew would not bend to his rules. Bend to his whim to the power that he thought he had. The power that he thought he had over everyone. He tried to be friend with Bob but it just would not happen. It just was not met to be. Bob was to hostel. He was to out there. He was a bully just because he could be. He wondered what Bob was going to do with him, to him. Bob then said 'just like...' That was when something unexpected happened. A walking turkey showed up or a chicken, whatever it was it was strange. He had on a striped green shirt and short blue pants. There was also green glasses on his face. The chicken must have been three feet tall. While it was tall for a chicken he did not know what to think of a walking chicken that looked like a human. The chicken then scurries around before bumping into AJ's leg. 'What do we have here?' Bob said look at the chicken that showed up. 'What kind of trick is this? Whatever it is you will not get away with it.' he said looking at Andrew.

Andrew was completely confused by the whole thing. He had no part of whatever it was but he kind of wished that he did because of the effect it was having on Bob. A walking chicken was one thing but a dressed one was another. What kind of chicken was dressed. The only explanation was that he was dreaming somehow. Yea that had to be it. How on the earth did this happen? He was not afraid for some reason of the chicken. That was when the bird chicken said 'What's with me? What's with you! You guys got no feathers or fur! What kind of monsters did that to you!?' Bob looked confused for a moment. 'What are you doing here bird?' 'Well.. I lost the baseball game. And then, the sky started falling!' He looked around for anything familiar. 'And I ran to the forest, but then the sky started falling!' He then thought for a moment. 'Whatever it is..' He looked up to the trees for a moment. 'Now.' Bob had a smile on his face. With that Andrew looked up and saw a bucket being pushed down by two people in the trees. Not today Andrew thought. With one swift motion he pulled the talking chicken out of the way before the bucket fell from the tree and landed spilling some kind of thick green liquid onto the ground. What was the green liquid? On second thought it might be better not to think about it. Bob then walked up to the chicken and said, 'How is it that you speak bird? What trick is this Andrew?' He then picked up the chicken and smiled. His face turned to something else. He could not tell what it was. Was it fear or something else? 'What you are real?' Then Bob put the chicken down and turned to leave walking backwards and slipped onto the green liquid face first. Then he tried to get up and slipped onto his back. He was now covered in a think green liquid. Andrew looked at the talking bird. A baseball game, the sky falling. It did not make any sense. The forest, was that how the talking bird chicken got here? He could not help but wonder how the chicken got here. He did not know what to say. This was the first time Bob ever left for any reason. His mom said to have fun when he had left the house but he did not think this was the idea she had in mind. Well if anything Bob was now covered in some kind of green liquid. He looked at the chicken not knowing what to say.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  4. Maka Albarn It's called love

The light still blinded her. Breathes of air escaped her lips in a steady, rhythmic pace. Xara blinked against the light, her hand raised to block what she could from assaulting her eyes. The roar of a what seemed like a river sounded distant and echoed into the strange stillness of it all. She clenched her hand as a feeling of dread washed over her. The light began to fade, starting from around her feet. She was on a marble staircase and her reflection shined back from below. The light receded and the sound became more predominate.

Suddenly, everything was clear.

She was on the front stairs that led up to one of the Astronomy towers back in her home world, Tanamzu.

The tween inhaled sharply as the energy of the crowd hit her on with full force. There was anger, confusion, fear, and fingers jabbed in her direction.

There she is!

She’s the one that brought this mess on us!” a woman screamed.

Grab her and take her to the Council!” a man shouted.

Xara flinched. She held up her hands, backing up on the steps. “No, you don’t understand! I was chosen! Listen to me!

Ha, chosen?!” an old woman snapped, stepping out of the crowd and stood on the steps before the crowd. “Chosen to bring death and darkness among us, you insolent fool! You are a demon sent from the outside! You were the one the Council warned us about!” she spat.

Those words stung the young girl’s heart. She felt her courage diminishing by the second and her heart pounding in her ears. Her neck burned with the fire of shame, and her hands sweat from the stress and accusations that have been thrown at her. “Please, don’t you see!” she pleaded and grabbed at her heart. “The stars are going to disappear because of this darkness! It’s coming to us! I… I don’t know my purpose yet,” she cried out, looking for anyone to understand. Tears swelled in her eyes and threatened to fall at any moment, yet she kept firm. “But I know it’s important! I can help out so much more! I could save us-

The old woman banged her cane on the steps and pointed at her. LIAR! You brought us to our doom, demon child!

Xara’s eyes widened as the crowd cheered and rallied around the old woman.

“Enough talk, seize her!

The colorful gold and black banners with pictures of many different gears, tied on spears of the royal guards appeared in the crowd. They began to race toward Xara on the steps, who had walked back. She could turn herself in. But what if the Council showed this much hate to her as the crowd did? They wouldn’t listen to her.

No, she needed to survive. She needed to get away, fast.

The fourteen-year-old girl suddenly bolted from the spot, running towards the tall buildings and confusing streets of her own world.

5. Krowley Moderator

V
    The Story of Hikaru
    ACT II - "Happy"

Hikaru woke up, vision blurred, and body buzzed with a ringing sensation. It felt like some one zapped a taser through his entire body. "So that's what a thunder spell feels like," he shook. He dusted himself off to find him in the same place he was knocked out. He scanned the area. It was lightly populated, but looked a touch different. Some of the buildings had changed and it seemed all the commotion had died down. "Gosh, you were out cold!" He looked around for the chipper voice until he found another dwarf walking towards him. This one was mainly comprised of blue pants and brown-orange colors. "Oh, you're all here?.. Managed to find Doc?" The dwarf looked around. "Nope, just me!" He chuckled. "Say, didn't happen to catch your name, friend."

Hikaru looked down to him, "We've already!-" He stopped himself from explaining more. If this was how his memory was going to show things, he would have to constantly be introducing himself every time. "It's Hikaru... You're uh... Smiley, right?" The dwarf chuckled heartily. "Nope! But awful close. Name's Happy!" He leant out his hand to shake. Hikaru winced a bit as it was still covered with dirt from the coal mine. he burshed the dirt off his pants and looked around. "Now I just have to find Kurt.."

"Kurt?" Happy asked, with a light jump. "Aww, you probably wanna congratulate him on the new baby, do yah? Well, just follow me then! You should see her! Cute as a button she is! And she has his eyes." Happy began to walk briskly to the south side. "Wait, baby?! He's just a kid, he- Hey, wait!" Hikaru quickened the pace a bit to match Happy's. "You mean Kurt has a sister now? Did he find his parents?"
    "Hehe, golly you're a funny one! I'm talking about his daughter o' course!"
    "Daughter?! He's gotta be in grade school, how could he have a daughter?"
    "Well looks like you were out for a longer time friend! He's an adult now. Gotta be close to thirty from the looks of it." Hikaru began to panic a bit.
    "Don't worry, he's still a friendly fella. I've seen him grow. He got real smart too!"
    "So... You know this is just a memory then?"
    "Uh-huh! Don't know who you are though. You seem kinda familiar..."
    "How do you know where he lives?"
    "I've been to see him." Both he and Hikaru arrived on the steps and before he knocked, he turned to Hikaru and chuckled a bit.
    "What's so funny?"
    "He looks a lot like you!" He smiled, before knocking.

He was unsure how to take that, but before he could reply, the door swung open. "Oh, hello again Happy!" a woman greeted.
    "Hi again! Just bringing by a new friend to see the new born."
    "Oh how wonderful," She stepped forward and gave Hikaru an embracing hug. "She stepped back and looked at him with intrigue. "Are you and Kurt related? You look just like him!" she smiled.
    "That's what I'm trying to find out," Hikaru replied. It had been a while since he'd been hugged, and it felt nice.
    "Well, Kurt's out back, working on who knows what, but the baby is resting if you wish to see her." Happy was giddy and asked to see her sleeping. The woman nodded and looked back to Hikaru. "Would you like to see her as well." Hikaru looked to the door, not sure what it all meant. But first thing's first; he had to find Kurt.
    "Ill uhh... catch up in a it."
    "Suit yourself," the woman replied. "It was lovely to meet you Hikaru," she smiled, leading Happy to the baby's room.

Hikaru gulped as he opened the door to a large area, where a man with long blue hair, was throwing a couple of suitcases onto large ship. It almost looked like a pirate ship. He took notice of the man who had his back to him. "Kurt?" he called out.
    "Hmm?" The blue haired man spun around to face Hikaru. He almost looked like an older version of himself. He had his hair long enough to be tied back, and he even wore glasses. "Who are you."
    "I'm Hikaru... You don't remember me?"
    "No.. should I?" He asked, still lugging away at loading the vessel.
    "I guess not," he shrugged. He continued to watch him load up the boat, and felt awkward in trying not to ask him a very obvious question of their relation to one another. "Going on a family trip?"
    "Trip, yes. Family, no."
    "Oh... Your wife seemed pretty happy about being left behind then."
    "That's because she doesn't know."
    "Kind of a hard secret to hide," he chuckled uncomfortably.
    "I told her it was for a friend, and it's going to stay that way." He threw the last luggage on the boat before giving him his full attention.
    "Now who are you, and what do you want?"
    "I'm you... maybe? I don't know...I'm still kind of lost on this. One minute you're six, and the next-"
    "Well you're not me, that's for sure. I'd be able to come up with a less annoying answer."
    Hikaru furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance. "What's your problem? Abandoning your family made you cranky or are you always like this?"
    Kurt sighed. "It wasn't supposed to be like this.. I was supposed to continue my research, and gain the keyblade... But then I met her and I got... distracted. I can't let them interfere anymore."
    "You call a family a distraction?!"
    "You aren't exactly making this easier."
    "It's not supposed to be easy! How could you do that to them?! And all for what?! A keyblade!"
    "Keep your voice down," Kurt threatened. "The keyblade is a weapon I can use to fight the darkness. Maybe even get rid of it personally. What I do is for them as well. What I'm doing is to keep all worlds SAFE."
    "Do you even know how long you'll be gone?!"
    "As long as it takes... And I won't say it again; keep. your voice. Down."
    "No! You will look after your family and not be a bad father! Your job is to be there for them, not to martyr the worlds from darkness!" Hikaru turned and began marching towards the door.
    "Hikaru, wait!" Kurt called out, Hikaru's hands just skimming the doorknob.
    "If you think you know me, then you know why I have to do this... Darkness my home. I talked to a lot of folks here who also lost their home to darkness. I've read about something. It's a door. And beyond that door is something powerful... Pure light. And it can get rid of he darkness. I'm still missing a few pieces, but I know it's the answer."
    Still facing the door, Hikaru came to realize what Kurt was talking about. His eyes widened as he whispered out; "Kingdom Hearts-" He felt a quick chop to the back of his neck, as he began to black out again. Kurt's voice was heard in the distance.
    "You don't understand yet... But you will..."

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

XXXVIII- The Tale of Kaida
    Part 5 of 5
    "Here."

Kaida felt herself sit up, she was dizzy and she felt the familiar bed under her and she looked to see she was in the medical bay of Central Haven. She had no idea how she got there, she figured it was perhaps another illusion. She grabbed her head and tried to massage it, hoping it would help stabilize things before she heard, “Did you sleep well?”

Kaida looked to see her master standing there. The member of the Order who chose to give the keyblade to her and have her take their place. Kaida’s eyes widened as she tried to stand up, “Master? What are you doing- “
    “Ugh, you know I don’t like being called Master. It’s too formal.”
    They cut off, crossing their arms and Kaida asked, “Why are you here?”
    “You wanted me here.”

Kaida blinked and asked, “I did?”
    “Well, your heart cried out for an answer to a question, and now I’m here. I take it you’re not going through the best of times.”
    He responded, walking closer. Kaida nodded and said, “I… I was on a mission and got dragged into something bigger. And one of my friends turned to darkness and threw me and my teammates into darkness. I’m not sure if it was a test, a tactic, or both.”

The master listened and asked, “Aux, right?”
    “Y-yeah…”
    “He was always kind of a quiet one. But I always assumed he was more like Shiro, except not as loud, but possibly scaring more children. So what did you want to do about it? Are you going to try and help Aux, or push him away?”
    “Is pushing away an option you would approve of?”
    Kaida asked worried about that.
    “You aren’t me, Kaida. What you do is your choice. How you choose to go about things will never be because I thought you were just like me. I could have made a replica of me if I wanted someone just like me to take over.” The man walked on over across the room and picked up a stress-ball like thing and tossed it to Kaida and asked, “So what is it you want to do?”

Kaida gave the stress-ball a bit of a squeeze and said, “I… I just don’t want the good times we had to be overshadowed by these bad moments. Even if we aren’t friends again. But I want strength to protect those who are still my friends.”
    “Like Seiza? Or Hikaru?”
    “Not just them… I have more friends now. There’s Glen, Beuce, Stratos… heck I’d even consider Karina a friend despite how many times she’s tried to kill people. I can see her good intent.”
    Kaida explained. Her master smiled and said, “You seem to have things figured out.”
    “Not fully, but I think I’ve got enough to keep going.”
    Kaida looked up at him gratefully, “Thank you.”

Her master nodded and said, “I guess it’s time for us to depart then, so you can continue on your adventure.” Kaida nodded as well, but she felt her stomach sort of sink again, feeling a question come along as they walked towards the exit, until she finally said, “Wait… Sora…

He stopped at that and Kaida put the stress-ball down on a table and asked, “Why did you pick me then? Out of all the people in the academy, you chose to go with the frightened girl in yellow who only had a keyblade for 3 months…”

Sora turned towards her and said, “I don’t really know. I guess it’s because you had a similar story to me, yet ended up so different. You wanted to leave your home world and things happened and you ended up in this world. You wanted to fight for your friends, but you also wanted to make more and connect with people. I just figured that if there was one person who I could look at and be proud of, it was you. Even if it was something I only saw in the future.”

Kaida stared at him for a while, surprised, before saying, “So you did want someone like you.”
    “Not really. You always seemed more closed off and formal than anything. I was lazy and a little too willing to accept others despite their failures. But, even if I made mistakes, I learned from them. You don’t completely fail because you stumble. You gotta keep going. I figured you would keep going even if you failed.”

Kaida smiled for the first time in too long, and she began to laugh. Sora blinked and asked, “Did I say something wrong?”
    “I think you read me wrong, you expected a little too much from me.”
    “I’m not surprised I got a little wrong, but I’m not too far off am I?”
    he asked inquisitively. Kaida shook her head and finally walked closer and held her hand out to shake his, “Thank you. I think now’s the time to get back.”

Sora nodded and shook her hand before saying, “Remember, no matter where you go.” He pointed towards her chest, clearly trying to place emphasis towards her head, “I’m always with you. And so is everyone who ever connected with you.”
    “I won’t forget.”

And Kaida felt herself rise higher for the first time as Sora disappeared in front of her, and the room vanished and blurred until she was floating again. But this time she knew she was swimming rather than sinking.

She moved her hand up and her reflection returned, still swinging the keyblade down, she saw a flash and in her hands, a new keyblade appeared in her hands. The reflection looked surprised and Kaida pushed away and held her keyblade to keep protecting Max and yelled, “I’m not giving up. Not on Max. Not on anyone, ever.”

Max sat up and grinned and the reflection ran at Kaida angrily and the two began to fight. Both were not fighting very flashily; the reflection was using a bunch of heavy attacks while Kaida parried and dodged out of the way and snuck in a few quick hits whenever she could. Eventually, she got the reflection down to its knees and Kaida pointed towards it and said, “It’s over. Now leave me and my friends alone.”

The reflection laughed a bit and looked up, “Someday, you will realize how your actions may seem of good intent, but will end in disaster… you will see…” and they faded away. Kaida chose to ignore their words, summoning away her keyblade and walking back towards Max. She held her hand out and smiled saying, “I’m sorry about that… thank you, Max.”

Max took her hand and stood up saying, “You don’t need to thank me. You did everything yourself. I just help you when you fell, that’s all.”
    “I can still be grateful for that, can’t I?”
    Kaida asked curiously and Max shrugged. Kaida heard a noise and turned to see a portal appear. Kaida was a little grateful that transitions weren’t just happening suddenly, she was getting the chance to process it on her own. She turned back to Max and bowed her head towards him out of respect before Kaida stood up and said, “I will see you later.”
    “Definitely.”

Kaida turned around and headed towards the portal and entered it, surprised by the strange feeling she felt as she did so.

XXXVIII- Epilogue
    "Station of Awakening"

On the other side, she felt herself gently floating downwards towards a stained glass looking floor, and designed on it was a sleeping version of herself. From the angle Kaida looked, she was upside down and to the right side, with her hand reaching out towards the lower left side. On the left side, was a bunch of pictures of people reaching out towards her. Many were silhouetted, but there were a few faces she recognized. Most notably Hikaru, Aux, and Seiza. The borders around were filled with different whittled shapes in small circles. The colors were primarily black, yellow, and blue.

When Kaida reached the ground, she steadied herself for a moment and looked around confused, until pillars began to appear in front of her. Then, directly in front of her, two orbs hovered. In a blue orb there was a spear that floated gently within, and in a red orb there was a sword, which shook just the slightest bit.

Kaida approached cautiously, before she intuitively knew what she need. She reached out and grabbed the sword from the red orb and pulled it out. When she held the sword, she looked over at the mantle that seemed to fit it the best and she placed it there gently. As Kaida looked over, she saw the red orb pulse, as if demanding a new sacrifice in its place. Kaida looked over at the other two, and she just knew that if there was anything she wanted to let go of from the group, it was the shield. She trusted others to be able to help guard her, she did not feel like she needed to be closed off from the rest of them anymore.

She picked up the shield and placed it in the red orb and the two disappeared. Then all the mantles disappeared, and behind her a door was placed. Kaida approached the door with less caution than the orbs, and she opened it. And she was blinded once more as she exited.

[​IMG]
    When Kaida went through those doors, she paused. She needed to adjust hey eyes to the lighting, again. She was getting pretty sick of getting blinded. She hoped this would be the end of that, and fortunately the familiar voices in the distance at the end of the hallway gave her a bit of relief. She was not able to hear what was being said directly, all of her senses were overloaded. But she made her way towards the voices as her eyes fixed up.

As she approached the end of the hallway, she could hear Karina’s voice pretty clearly, and it sounded pained and traumatized. Or at least more than she was usually used to. As her vision fully returned, she was able to see Karina on the ground naked. Beuce was also there, his arm was back. Stratos was there, a girl she knew was in the group but was not actually introduced to was there. And there was a girl she definitely knew was not in the group before, but she looked somewhat like Raisor.

At first, she was not quite sure where to start, but considering Karina was on the ground naked and just slowly giving up on everything, Kaida pulled out the cloak she had in Corona and walked over and covered Karina and made sure to keep a comfortable distance away since Karina had mentioned something about not wanting people to touch her.

Kaida looked around at everyone, and didn’t really bother giving a hello to anyone else. She ducked down so she was at Karina’s level and said, “I don’t wanna say empty words, Karina… and I don’t know if you want us here but, we’re here for you…” she sounded genuine, because Kaida realized that just back in the memories, she was basically in the same position, except in Karina’s case, she lost. While Kaida didn’t. And she wasn’t sure if that was a barrier enough for Karina to dismiss her offering. Kaida then looked over at the others and scratched her face a little, “Well, at least I hope everyone else is. I know I’m here if you need it.”

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  7. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta listened to Karina and nodded at her, watching her sink to the floor. "Karina, who died? I'm sorry, but you haven't said who...." she said, trying to stay quiet so others wouldn't be able to listen. She then looked around and wondered if there would be something to cover her up with. She then looked by the door Karina had left and saw a red, tattered cloak. It was just...laying there and looking pretty sad. But it was better than nothing, so she grabbed it and wrapped it around Karina.

Of course, now Karina has two cloaks. "Kaida..." Ananta said, smiling at her.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  8. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

The story of Andrew ‘AJ’ Jacob Canvasback

Part 5

"The Chicken"

Andrew looked up to the trees and saw Bob's two friends take off. Well at least he did not have to deal with those two. The only thing was that they did not have what Bob did. Bob carried fear with him wherever he went, while these two people just followed Bob blindly. It might be all that the two had but they could do better. The only thing was there was not much that he could do about it. He had tried before but the fear and Bob thought that he had, had kept the two followers around. He want to help the people of Euterpe but time after time the people wanted was to find the Well they did not want anything else. After looking for this Well for so long he did not think people would still be looking for it, but what you going to do? He did not think it could be found but he did not think that the people around here would give up. He then looked at the bucket and the strange green liquid. How was it that Bob even came to get it? The green liquid bubbled and had a thick look to it. He was thankful that the green liquid did not end up on him. It would take forever to get that green slime off and he rather not have to put up with that.

Andrew turned to the chicken. "I guess I should thank you. So thanks for your help. Very few people can do what you did. Bob is well hard to put up with. So you went through the forest and ended up here?" The chicken then said, 'Yup. Where are we anyways?' It seemed kind of odd that the chicken just showed up out of nowhere. Who was he to question it. "We are north of the town outside the forest. We call this place Euterpe. Name is Andrew Jacob Canvasback AJ for short. Why are your here?" He had a feeling that he knew why the bird was here if he was indeed real but then again who was he to question the dream? The well? 'A HUGE VOID OF DARKNESS SUCKED ME INTO THE SKY! IT TOOK AWAY MY HOME AND FRIENDS! I'm HERE BY MYSELF AND FOR ALL I KNOW THIS PLACE COULD GO KABLOOEY AT ANY MOMENT!' Chicken little has become spastic and is running about all over the place 'Also, My name is Chicken Little. Nice to meet yah.' He stops running around Andrew to offer a quick handshake. "Clam down a little." So the chicken thought that the world would go kablooey. He did not think that was going to happen. He did not know how that would be even possible. "A void of darkness into the sky? There is nothing going to happen to the world. There is nothing going to happen at all. wait.." He took the birds hand and then let go and said, "was there a earthquakes or any big holes in the ground." He was rather confused by the whole thing. 'No.. yes! I don't know, it all happened so fast! I said the sky was falling and no one believed me! It just turned dark... Everything went dark...' yes, no which one was it. "So you are not here to find something? There was darkness. The only thing that happens here is rain and then when it gets colder it snows but that all about all that happens Chicken Little." Could it be... A year ago something happened to Euterpe a big hole showed and... well he did not want to really think about it. 'Well, it's not like any of them liked me anyways... I was a joke to them! I made one little slip and was outcasted. Only a few people even talked to me.'

"The only joke would be them and you have people that care about you back home. You have friends." It was more then he could say for himself. He appeared to be sad for a moment then smiled to mask his thoughts. To think that someone with more than one friend when the only one he had was gone. It appeared that this chicken was not here for the Well and did not know about it. It was almost like he was whisked away and put here. Why now if anything this was strange but was not strange now. 'Easy for you to say... but you never made a fool of yourself before... Not as bad as I did.' He put his head against a tree as an acorn dropped on his head when he did. "You have to think with what is up here" pointing to his head and "here" pointing to his heart. He then bent down a picked up the acorn. "Just like this acorn you will grow up to do something great be something more then you are now. You know what they say every day is a new day and today is a new day." He could not believe that he was giving advice to a chicken. Chicken little mustered out a smile. 'I just hope they're okay is all.' "I am sure they will be fine. Who are your friends anyways? Maybe I have seen them." He did not think he ever seen the chicken's friends but it did not hurt to ask. 'Well, one's name is Runt.... He's a pig. And then there's Abby... she's a duck. And then of course there's fish... whose a fish.' "Sorry to say but i have not seen them. I am sure that they will show up at some time at some point. Friends have a habit of showing up when you need them most." While it was not true for him it was not like it was not true for this chicken. He wished that it was true for him but it simply was not the way things worked. "Well we could always go look for your friends. What do you say?" Chicken little nods.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  9. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]
    While Stratos was curious about the distress that Karina was feeling, he heard what the new girl had to say on the matter. Looking back to her, it became clear that whatever it was she saw in her memories was something that probably disturbed her greatly and, worst of all, probably something she couldn't overcome. Stratos had seen Karina when she had been at her worst before, and based on that, he knew there was probably some truth in the girl's suggestion to leave her alone. After all, Karina seemed to be the type of person to not really get anything unless you shouted it at her over and over again, or just let her be and cool off, as best as that term applied to her. However, this seemed different from her other fits of rage and self loathing. And while Stratos wasn't sure he could actually be of help to the girl, he simply said, "I mean, if she wants us to go then sure." It wasn't like there was any place for her to be private in, in the giant expansive corridor with nothing else in it. And if everyone were to just shy away from her in plain view, that'd probably only make things worse. As such, Stratos heard Kaida's voice and responded in kind, "it's practically a given at this point that if you're in trouble I'm there for you as well."

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  10. Aelin Best Waifu

Who, who. That question required thinking about it more. She didn't want to think about it more. It hurt to think about it, her emotions were so raw that she felt physical pain from it. Karina just wanted to scream out and expel all the anger and sadness, but her throat was too dry. Besides, screaming would do nothing to fix her, a small part of her knew that.

Karina was trying to figure out what to say or do. She tried to figure out how to deal with it all when something warm dropped on her. Savoring the heat it provided, Karina brought the cloak up just under her chin and held it there. It helped cover her as well which was good. Looking up Karina was surprised that the person who provided the cloak was not Ananta, but Kaida who soon bent down to talk to her, offering support. Ananta then returned with another cloak however seeing it Karina freaked out again. She had started to try and calm down but looking at what Ananta had found she threw it away from her.

"No.... why is that here? It was all an illusion right? Even Vincent, that had to all be in my head... It had to." The panic attack started anew with Karina not only imagining Vincent's death and her fathers twisted smile over and over again, but now also thinking she might have physically got him killed. By this point she could hardly hear Stratos as he spoke to her. The trembling started over again as the flashbacks infected her mind. "I should have listened to Eric. I should have just stayed home and did as dad asked. I should have never come here... but it is too late. I can't do anything now. I can't go back anymore. I should have let him marry me off. It would have been better that way." Karina mumbled to herself regretting every decision she made, every decision to be her own person and not what her father wanted her to be. It was because of those decisions that she was in trouble and others got hurt. What she had thought of as strength before all seemed to be a mistake now.

11. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta saw the way Karina was acting and she thought about a way to try and get her to calm down. Even if only for a moment, so Karina wouldn't burst an artery.

So, she sat down in front of Karina and looked ahead of her. She looked straight at Karina and took a deep breath. "Karina. Look at me. I want you to look and see my face. See I am calm. Take a deep breath. In." she breathed in. "And out." she breathed out. She repeated this a few times, still trying to get Karina to just calm down.

12. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce watched as Ananta and Kaida both gave her cloaks. He wasn't...entirely sure why ananta gave her the second one. Really she seemed almost like she was about to be alright until she did. He was about to offer her his cloak but nooo. No one trusts Beuce to do anything. He's going to mess things up they say. He can't be comforting or anything, lets just drag him away. Beuce stepped forward following his bitter thoughts expressed through narration, and put his glass hand on Ananta's shoulder. His fingers made a slight clank as they closed, which was a bit odd to him. "She's clearly been through a lot. Just give her some space alright? Crowding her isn't going to do any good for anyone involved Give her some breathing room, and we'll talk to her about it later." He looked toward the frantic girl. "And Karina, we're all here for you. We always will be. We helped you during the thousand heartless battle, and we'll help you now. When you're ready and you've calmed down, tell us what happened." With that, he backed up. Best he could tell, she'd been unable to face her fears, and been deemed unworthy by the keyblade. He didn't know what she saw in there, but whatever it was, it beat her. He'd been able to pass his trial, so he couldn't say he exactly understood what she was going through.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ignis watched as Ananta and Kaida tried to help Karina with her problem. All she could do was sigh as she watched them struggle. Ignis wasn't going to say anything like she knew exactly how Karina felt, but she certainly could say that she knew what it was like to fail in something big, and be the cause for the death of someone.

Ignis began to remember the night she turned into Raisor. Monsters were attacking Crystilvale from everywhere, and the whole city was in flames. She remembered the screams of people running for their lives, and those losing their lives to the beasts. She remember trying to get out of the city with her family, and seeing the rare survivor trying to fight his way out and join their group. Worst of all, she remember those same people give up their lives right in front of her, just because they believed that she was more important, and they were willing to give their life for her. Ignis could never forget the faces of every person that died for her, but she also learned from her friends that she didn't need to feel responsible and knock herself down every time. She just had to remember what it was that they were giving their lives for, and Ignis knew that she was going to turn into the person they were trying to save, someone who could stop the war in her world, and try to bring some peace back to the people.

All Ignis could see when she looked at Karina right now was what she saw in herself after she fled. Just sorrow, anger, and about a million other emotions mixed in all at once. It wasn't something that you could get over in a single day just from the help of some friends. She wasn't going to stop them, but Ignis knew that right now Karina needed to sort things out herself, and help could come later.

"Hey guys, do you think we should look around the castle more? Maybe there's something else besides this giant hallway." Ignis couldn't think of much to say, but she tried to get them to do something besides twiddling their thumbs.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina wasn't listening to Ananta. How could she pay attention to works while she felt like she was drowning in her own emotions. Karina was physically shaking as her mind raced through everything that had happened in the illusion, but also what had happened in her past, what was real. Words seemed distant to her, and though her eyes were open Karina was not seeing the world around her at that moment. The panic attack had hit her hard, and it wasn't just triggered by Vincent's cloak, it had been a long time coming. She was upset when she exited the room, unstable even, but she was aware of what was going on around her. While she had thought she hit bottom, there was one more layer, one that she just uncovered.

It took a while, but as she was given space and time, she slowly came out of the attack, left feeling hollow inside. There was no more freaking out, no more tears or anger, she just felt nothing, and it was only because of that numbness that she was able to say anything at all. "I had to face my father in there...." Karina started softly. "I arrived and Eric told me I needed to go home and help mom. I knew I should behave, I should have gone back. But that isn't the person I wanted to be, never have, so I walked away. The only difference was, last time I fled completely, left my world. I couldn't this time. There was nowhere to go, so I walked the streets with Vincent, enduring the glares and scorn, knowing they hated everything about me. Vincent tried to tell me to be my own person, who I wanted, but in a place like that... It isn't an option." Karina recounted the story in an empty tone of voice.

Without looking at the group she continued her recount of the story. She seemed distant from herself in the way she spoke, like she didn't just have a flood of emotions and everything was simply a fact and nothing more. "When I came across my father, I didn't even have time to fight back at first. I saw him and then I was choking as he yelled at me. Everything I did to become stronger and get away from him, it all felt like a loss. I was thrown to the ground and stripped of my clothes leaving nothing to protect me from the stones that flew. Vincent tried to protect me, tried to tell me to fight, but... I was too afraid. Apparently just getting stronger doesn't mean you get over your fear. I was so done with everything that I couldn't find the strength to fight or move even. I couldn't stand to watch as my father and Vincent fought, I was too lost in my own despair to do anything. Even my brother, the only person I ever trusted turned his back on me I was that pathetic.... Next thing I knew my father had me by the hair, he was splattered in blood. The stones started to fly soon after that. I was about to die but it all disappeared and I was left laying in that room... I couldn't do it... And yet I don't blame my father, only myself. " Karina finished letting the silence fill the air once more as she pulled Kaida's cloak close around her not knowing what else to do. She couldn't feel anything anymore, not even the anger that kept her company for so long and she was utterly lost.

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Ananta listened to Karina's whole story in silence. She could tell that Karina was spiraling down and was not stopping. She was far too gone for her words to reach her, so she just didn't speak. She stayed silent as Karina recounted what had happened. She stayed silent and tried to think of what to say. It took her a bit, but she looked up at Karina and gulped. "Karina. You're right, it was your fault. You failed the room and didn't come over your fears. Your fears are far too great to be overcame by reliving them. You overcome them by leaving them behind and not fueling the fires that are those memories. This trial just...wasn't for you. It was not in your favor from the start, and that's completely unfair to you." Ananta said. "I'm sorry we don't exactly understand what happened, but we're willing to understand if you're willing to give us time and patience."

16. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Kaida had been walking with the group since, apparently, they had started walking around. Kaida gave an ear to at least listen to Karina's story, and she was didn't really intend to reply. When Ananta replied though, Kaida just looked over at her and said, "Ananta. You're coddling her. This isn't a matter of whether or not she was given a poor test for her. It's a reflection of herself, and if she couldn't come over that, it's a problem." Kaida stretched a bit and didn't even look at Karina and said, "You failed it, and you see why you failed it. Right there is the first step. But don't sit there and think about the fact you lost. Think about what you can learn from it and grow. It would be one thing if you didn't understand why you failed, then I'd be annoyed."

Kaida sighed and said, "I don't need to understand what you went through to know that you're doing the same thing I do. And you don't need to like me when I say: stop wallowing. You're better than that. Even if you don't know it."

The yellow haired girl pushed her hair out of her face after that and didn't really look at anyone, not really caring to.

17. Krowley Moderator

V
    The Story of Hikaru
    ACT III - "Sneezy"

Some one's loud Sneeze woke Hikaru in a flash. At this point passing out only to wake back up again was becoming very tiresome. But at the very least, he was learning more. He looked to his left to find the dwarfl 'Sneezy.' Rubbing his nose. "Sorry," he sniffled. "Hay fever..." Hikaru once again lifted himself up and nodded to the dwarf. "It's fine, Sneezy." The dwarf rose his eyebrows. "Gosh, how do you know my name?!"
    "Long story. Let's just say we've met." Sneezy took this into consideration. "Oh, I see... So we're not friends then?"
    It was hard for him to answer that without explaining Krowley, and the armor. Since it was all just in his head, he was wondering if going into detail was even worth the effort. "I uh... I don't know."
    "Aww, well that's too bad," the dwarf seemed a bit saddened by this. Hikaru felt bad.
    "I mean I'm sure we are, but we haven't really had much time to catch up. Not to mention there's some stuff I need to find.... out." Hikaru's thoughts were trailing as he began to look around his surroundings. "This is... this is my home."
    Sneezy sniffled. "Huh?"
    "This street! I know it! There's the accessory shop!.. And the synthesis corner!" Finally, something he could recognize. "I didn't recognize it, since It just wasn't as developed as it is now!"
    Sneezy looked around, puzzled. "Where are we exactly?..."
    Hikaru smiled brightly from the familar surroundings. "This is Iridescent Falls... My home..." Hikaru watched as the waterfall behind the small local village shone through the place they stood as colors rained over them.
    "Oooh, pretty," Sneezy exclaimed.
    "I've missed this place... so much."
    "Well, why'd you leave then?"
    "Training... Krowley found me and thought he could teach me how to use the keyblade. He offered to train me for a few years away from home. That's when he brought me to Central Haven. I didn't really gain it until a while after I met Aux and Kaida though..." He looked to the edge of the small pathway they had been on. "My house is just right around this sandlot..." He smiled, brimming with anticipation. He hadn't seen his parents since he left home 4 years ago. "I left home when I was 12... I wonder if I've left yet." He walked with Sneezy close beside him, thankfully the dwarf hadn't made any major noises in quite some time. Hikaru froze in front of the door, unsure if a happy memory would be on the other side. "I don't know if I can do it..." Sneezy turned his back to the door and looked up. "What if my parents see me as I am now? What would they think? I don't even have the keyblade... Maybe I should just-"
    "A-CHOOO!!" with a ferocious sneeze, the dwarf Sneezy knocked his body back, creating a large thud against the door. Hikaru panicked momentarily before the door opened.

[PLAY MUSIC NOW]

A woman with bright blue eyes and long flowing blue hair opened the door. "Well there you are, your father and I were wondering when you'd be back home..." she smiled, looking at the poorly dazed Sneezy. "Oh, and I see you've brought a little friend? Is he new to town?" Hikaru didn't even think before he had his arms wrapped around her so tightly. "Mom..." he spoke softly, gripping her tightly. Sneezy got up on his own and sniffled as he shook his head. The woman was taken aback by the sudden attack hug, but simply smiled. "Well come on now, you weren't gone that long... I know your planning to go off and train, but you haven't left just yet you know!"
    "I'm sorry," Hikaru wiped a tear from falling down his cheek. "It just want to remember you right now," Hikaru smiled with near teary eyes.
    "Oh honey, don't you start! You're gonna make me cry before you even leave!" The woman began to tear up also as she hugged him back.

"Hey now!" a deep masculine voice called out. "Don't tell me you made your mom cry already!" A rugged, muscular man with red hair was stepping down the stairs, throwing on a jacket. "I was just about to fetch you kiddo, what held yah?"
    "Dad!" He ran past his mother and hugged the man tight as well.
    "Whoa now!" he chuckled. "Definitely getting stronger I'll give you that." He patted his son on the back. "Excited to go learn how to weild that light sword of yours?" Everything was exactly as he remembered it. From the brightly lit town, to his parents' warm hospitality. Everything was like a frozen memory bathed in light.
    Hikaru laughed a bit. "I know this is where I'm supposed to head out, but... I almost want to stay...." he smiled at them. It would be nice for him, his parents and Krowley to just sit down and have a talk. Make things nice and simple before the harder parts of his memory would come along.
    "Well, if you want, you could both stay a little longer before you leave. I'm sure he wouldn't mind," the mother suggested.
    "Yeah, he was always a bit of a pushover sometimes," the father replied.
    "Kai!" she scolded him.
    "Well I'm not wrong Izo! The man always goes on and on about his travels, but he just shows up out of the blue and wants to teach our son? You know that still kinda bugs me..."
    "Well this is his way of making it up to me... He's reaching out and I think it's a wonderful way of reconnecting."
    Hikaru was growing a bit confused. "Reconnecting with Krowley?"
    The parents looked at each other confused. "Whose Krowley?"
    "Is it your little friend here honey?" She motioned to Sneezy
    "Krowley... My teacher?"

A knock was heard at the door. His father walked over to the door and turned the knob. "I don't know who that is there kiddo, but your grandfather's the only one who offered to teach you."
    Hikaru was a bit unsettled now. He didn't have a grandfather... At least not one he could remember.
    Kai twisted the knob and moved out of the way to show who the person was at the door. "Speak of the devil, I believe this face is familiar to you." The person at the door was an elderly man with a white robe and white hair. Man had to be in his eighties at least.
    "Izo, you're looking more beautiful every time I see you."
    She gave a soft smile. "Thanks dad."
    "Nice to see you again, Kurt."

[STOP MUSIC NOW]

Hikaru's heart stopped. Kurt was his grandfather.... Why was he looking at his grandfather's memories? Something wasn't adding up.
    "And so there is my pupil to be I assume... Tell me. Are you ready to learn how to wield the key?"
    Hikaru stood, stunned, holding the counter in shock.
    "You okay kiddo?" Kai asked.
    "Aux, honey... are you felling okay?" She looked at him right in the eyes when she said that. Sneezy was beginning to react to an oncoming sneeze.
    "AUX?!" He looked around until he met his own reflection in the mirror. He had never seen Aux's younger face before, but the face that looked back wasn't him. Wasn't Hikaru. Looking back was a red haired boy with blue eyes. Not the dark piercing stare he thought would be from Aux... but a scared pre-teen.

This was all wrong... This was his life. It was Krowley who took him to Central Haven... The more he thought, the more his heart began to race.
    "Ahh... AHH.... AHHHHHH-CHOOOOOO!!" With a loud bellow, the Sneeze shattered the scene like a mirror as everything faded to black again.

18. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]
    Stratos listened to what Karina had to say, taking in everything that she had experienced in that room and learning more about her current situation. Where she had come from had sounded like a pretty terrible place and shed some light as to why Karina always seemed so angry and closed off. Nothing about that place seemed to facilitate her growth as a person and her father seemed to top this off into what sounded like a rather repulsive type of person. Yet, even still, this was a trial in which people were forced to face their inner demons. In order to do that, they had to show off the strength that they had acquired, to show themselves stronger than when they left. Naturally, Stratos figured that if he were able to do it, then anyone of the group should have been able to. Karina, being one of the strongest people he knew, especially. Yet she had failed. And based on the way she had spoken, he figured out why it was that she failed.

While Beuce seemed to be in favor of leaving her alone, Stratos wasn't exactly sure that in this state, it would be the best thing to do. And as he heard Ananta speak, he knew that the way she was consoling her was pretty improper and probably completely unhelpful in further betterment of herself. Besides, it was quite clear she didn't leave her memories behind, rather they were still haunting her now. Then there was Kaida who was on a similar line of thought as he was, though, somewhat blunt and tactless about the way she was going about giving advice. With a bit of a sigh Stratos then added, "she's not wrong. Really, I think the only one who's ever thought you were weak, powerless and unhelpful out of the group was just yourself." Thinking more on it he then said, "but, the thing is, it's not like being weak is all that much of an issue. It's pretty easily remedied. You just need two things. One, you have to want to. If you don't want to change, then obviously changing is just a thing that'll never happen. But the fact that you're even here, and tried this test in the first place proves that you do want to. The next thing, though, is that you need to believe it."

Looking towards her, his face was one of understanding in the plight of the weak. "If you don't believe you can, then you'll never see it. If you don't think you can ever change, then even if you do, you'll be blind to it and think that you're the same as you've always been." With his face gaining a more friendly disposition to it he then said, "like I said, we'll always be here to help you back up on to your feet. But in order for us to do that, you have to want to stand up first."

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  19. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Story of Steel
    Temperance
    Part I: Awakening
    (1/2) Moonlit Tears

"Hola Senor Hope!" The rooster named Panchito responded to his appearance with his usual gusto, though also with surprise. Steel didn't blame him: The water droplets he had run into on his way down were now falling all around him, and the resulting puddles allowed him to see his reflection... he appearance was once again rather... shocking. It seemed odd that his appearance continued to fluctuate with almost every world, but this was the time from his memories, so it made sense that it had. He hadn't changed much: He had never pulled his scarf back up to cover his face, so his needle sharp teeth and the dark smoke that shrouded his lower face were clearly visible. That was not even mentioning his rather dramatic entrance.

He himself, however, was more surprised by the location in which he had ended up. The two of them were on a high wall overlooking a landscape filled with forestry and a single river snaking through it. On the other side of it were countless buildings: the closer ones appearing to be mostly military in nature, but there were several in the distance that appeared to be civilian residences. Throughout the city, foliage could be seen everywhere, and there seemed to be quite a few parks. There was as much nature inside the city as there was out.

"This is Fort St. Carn..." He couldn't figure out for the life of him why he would appear here of all places. Why not Nwahs Moridi? Why not Ghamu Cera? Heck, why not even... Valley Serendipity? His hands clenched into fists at the very thought.

"Que?" Steel wasn't quite sure why it was Panchito who had come to him in this illusion, but he wasn't going to hold any information back now.

"Fort St. Carn. It's a large city by the ocean, and surrounded by walls. It gets it's name from a man who lived around the time the fort was founded. Carnelian Ellis, widely considered a saint, was a man who aided in hunting the local eldritch abominations. It was his idea to train the nearby wildlife to cooperate with locals for said hunting. It wasn't long before that cooperation spread beyond martial use. Since then, the city has become known for it's close ties to the local wildlife. The fort keeps out monsters, but animals are free to come and go as they please. There are caves and vegetation scattered throughout the town, as well as several wildlife parks, and many houses are built in trees. To many a creature, this place has become home; one that many of them would die to defend." Steel's explanation only seemed to leave Panchito confused though. The rooster scratching his head as he asked:

"Eldritch... Abominations?" Steel's gave a slight scowl as the bird simply stood perplexed.

"An Eldritch Abomination is a type of creature that defies science as a single world knows it, though it might make sense in the grand scheme of the multiverse. Or alternatively, a creature that serves as an exception to that worlds science, having been born through some twist in logic." Despite his seemingly sour attitude, he gave a mere wave of his hand, as if brushing them off as insignificant. "The exact definition is a little loose really, but the Heartless and Unversed can both be credited amongst their number."
    That particular piece of information seemed to make it much more clear to Panchito, though it also seemed to make him curious. The bird crossed his arms as he seemed to puzzle out something about this latest development.
    "So, when you say 'local' you are telling me that your world has it's own kind, si senor?" His question was met with silence. "Senor Hope?" Panchito still received no answer. Steel was staring up into the sky vacantly with his arms outstretched. Raindrops pelted his face, but he continued to gaze upwards, eyes unblinking. His thoughts were brought back to earlier when he had shed a tear. It had been so strange to him, because...
    This was how he had cried, for the longest time.
    The rain that fell in this world had never been made of mere water. Even though this was an illusion, it was still crafted from his own memories, and he could sense that these raindrops were just the same as the real thing: filled to the brim with his sorrow. The downpour was not just rain... these were his tears, crashing down from the celestial body in the sky.

The Moon. It was exactly above him. It was where he had fallen from.

"Hola! Es Senor Hope en la casa?" Steel gave a start as he looked down at the companion who had been trying to get his attention. "Is everything... bien...? Do you... have something?" Seeing that the rooster was expressing concern for him, Steel struggled to give some form of positive response, but in the end just sputtered out...

"Tengo hambre." For a moment, his comment was met with silence, the rooster merely raising his brow in surprise, and then... laughter. The bird was doubled over in laughter. Steel himself gave a small smile and chuckled. As the to stood there, Steel realized that they had been standing in the rain for quite some time now. Panchito was not wearing his sombrero, and had therefore not been spared the waters onsluaght. "We're tottally soaked." He commented mid chuckle, which only made Panchito laugh harder.

They stood like that for quite some time, listening to their laughter echo off the walls of city and into the streets below them. It hadn't been all that funny; but the two found themselves rolling with laughter anyway. Enjoying the moment, the two took quite a bit of time before they had calmed down enough to stop. Sitting there... listening to the rain and merely enjoying his friends company (Illusory or no)... to Steel...

The world felt a little less empty just then.

After the moment had finished, Panchito repeated his question, and Steel provided him with an answer.

"Our local Eldritch Abominations take many a form and come in a wide variety, but as a whole they are known as "The Disturbed."

"Disturbed...?" Panchito parroted in a rather confused tone. Steel could hardly blame him: The name was rather... unique. He gave a slight sound of amusement.

"A rather base name, for rather base individuals, and all the more fitting for it." Steel turned to face the outside of the city, staring into the distance at something only he seemed to know. "The Disturbed are the twisted fragments that spawn from within the minds of a group of Artisians known as the Fates; the insanity and blood lust they hold within their hearts." Panchito frowned and crossed his arms.

"These 'Fates' do not sound like a particularly nice group Senor Hope." Steel chuckled as he turned back to face his friend.

"Well no, I suppose they are not. All the same, the Fates despise the Disturbed, quite actively even. Which has only made the creatures react violently to them. Their leader has long hoped to rid this world of them; he uses his fortress to the Northwest of here as a base of operations, and all of the other known one's have made their homes in the nearby town." Steel turned his back once more, with Panchito now realizing the significance of the direction he had turned being northwest. "Many a person in this world consider him their king..." He almost whispered the sentence. Curiosity piqued, Panchito asked of him:
    "Que es en Artisian?"
    "They are something of a counterpart to Eldritch Abominations; they exist throughout all space-time..." Panchito waited for further information, but it seemed his friend had gone silent.
    "Si...?" The rooster began in an attempt to spur more information out of the man. However, in return, Steel merely shifted his eye to stare silently at the bird. The two of them stood silently for several more moments before Panchito accepted that Steel was not willing to offer anymore for the moment. Latching on to another curiosity from earlier, he asked a new question.
    "So who is this king of theirs then, Hombre?" To which Steel responded without a second thought.

"One Sors Alexander Hope." Panchito reeled back in surprise.

"Que?! This worlds monsters... they come from you mi amigo?" Steel turned back to the bird with a small mischevious smirk.

"Why Panchito, didn't I just say as much?" Panchito didn't seem quite sure what to make of that, but before he got a chance to formulate a response, a loud scream penetrated the silence. Having their attentions both been drawn to the sound, Steel instead was the one who continued.

"It seems that my memories have formulated the siege of not long past. I hope you plan to use those guns of yours." Both drew their weapons: Panchito his Pistols, and Steel, knowing that calling the keyblade wouldn't be of any use, instead drew a thin sword with dark colors. The blade was black with what looked like blue flame designs, and it had a silver hand guard. Steel turned to give one last look at the view beyond the city.
    Though only one river could be seen from their current position, the man knew that there were in fact countless others. Numerous rivers watered the lush foliage of the world, eternally fed by the endless downpour. The land had adapted remarkably well to such an unnatural phenomena...
    Yet this land was a mockery.
    It was a paradise haunted by creatures of darkness, creatures of which he was the source. It was a symbol of all that he had failed to be; all of his mistakes. The fact that he was considered the world's ruler only cemented this fact.

'The Castle of Shattered MYTHS.'

A name he had devised for his home long ago, using his fortress as the key point, and centering the lands reputation around it's tendency to become home to alternate versions of the creatures one would normally only find in fairy tales... but the truth was... he had only been trying to distract himself from what was really the most notable thing about his home. Each river was... different. They each had their own stories; their own heroes and villains. Each of them was another time.
    Each of them was another failure.
    A world drowned in mistakes, and choked by his tears. A perfect image of the world he could never achieve... not while he was alive anyway.
    A spark of memory ignited, recalling the words he had spoken to Karina:

With a defeated sort of sigh and a clenched fist, Steel turned back to Panchito, and the two made for the shore.
    It was time to learn the truth about The Garden of Rivers.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  20. Aelin Best Waifu

That was the problem, she didn't want to stand up. She didn't want to do anything really. If there was just an option to sleep and not do anything, then that would be what she would have chosen, however realistically that was not a possibility. While Ananta tried to comfort her, Kaida spoke harsh but true words, words Karina didn't want to hear and didn't know how to handle. She was wallowing, she knew that, but what she didn't know was how to pull herself out of it. She had been slipping for so long she never had learned to pull herself out. At first she thought if she was physically stronger that she could just pull herself out of it, but that was not the case.

After a long moment of silence and shying away from them all. All this talk positive or not so positive talk was not actually helping. It just made her annoyed, more with herself. She wanted to find a reason to do something other than sit there, but her mind wasn't cooperating. "How....?" She tried to ask. "How do I find a reason for anything..." She finally asked adding to her question, uncertainty lacing her voice. It was odd actually asking for help for once. She spent so long trying to do things on her own, and now there was no way she could make herself carry on if she was on her own, she needed the help, it was just asking for it was hard.