Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

"I don't care how we get out of here," Raisor crossed his arms and looked at the group, "I'd like to just get the heck out of here. All we've seen is wasteland for who-knows-how-long, and I'd like something else." He was finally glad to be done with the fight, but now they had to figure out how to get out of here? It better be as simple as the portal opening up that brought him to Oswald's because otherwise he was going to throw a fit.

2. Glen Returned from the dead

Glen stopped for a moment, being restored to his regular size, before taking a few steps towards Mortimer. "Never thought I'd say this, but I think Beuce is right. I don't think Mortimer knows how to get out of here, but he might at least be able to tell us something more than we already know. Unless someone's got a better idea, I say we tie him up somewhere and then cure him to get him awake, and ask him what he knows. He sure seemed to lose his fighting spirit when his keyblade didn't work, so he can't be too hard to break. I nominate anyone that isn't Karina for interrogation, because to get answers they need to be alive" he stated. Changing from his monk class back to a soldier, he shrugged his shoulders. "We could always explore a little more if people don't like that idea" the keyslinger suggested, almost dreading the idea of having to spend another minute in that place.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

If they had to stay in this wasteland any longer he'd honestly lose it. Bloticles, cranky Oswald (although that should change now that things are cleared up right?), Shadow Blot, Mortimer and dragon were all just too much. Karina's frustration towards the mouse was much understood given he was the one who brought the group of heroes to this place to begin with. Getting off the cannon, he re-grouped with the keyblade heroes to listen in and maybe give his input. Stratos's logic made sense to some degree, and Glen's idea was actually not too bad. In fact, it was the most sensible so far. Mortimer brought them here, surely he knew a means to get them out too.

At least the mouse better....

Folding his arms, he kept quiet whilst observing his comrades. The place was becoming incredibly dull fast, and he'd really like to leave this place now.

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

The fight against Mortimer and the dragon had come to end and right now the group was trying to find out a way to get out. Off the top of his head, he couldn't think of a way for them to get out. While the others discuss how could they find a way out, Kel looked over towards Mortimer and he had his doubts on his knowing a way out of here, but it was the only lead that they had so it was better than nothing. "So excluding Karina, who feels like interrogating a mouse?" Kel asked. Though they use Karina clear desire to hurt Mortimer as a way to force answers out of him.

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

"I have a thought on this that doesn't involve that..." Kaida replied loud and clear so everyone could hear her before she crossed her arms and said, "Oswald said something about only keybladers being able to leave, right? Maybe it has to do with our keyblades? Now that this world doesn't have to worry about The Doctor and Mortimer we're safe to leave?" It could have been a far off guess but Kaida shrugged and said, "I think it's just better not to wake up the person we spent an excessive amount of time trying to disarm and knock out."

6. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

The fight against the bosses of this world had been defeated and Kross was more than relieved. He sighed out in relief and wiped his head before quietly looking at the group."Yeah. Congrats everyone.. Now goodbye." He said and turned on his heel, keyblade vanishing in his hand."I'll find my own way back." He said, walking.

7. Krowley Moderator

All around the group the ink was fading from wasteland and restoring itself to its proper form. The place that was once In ruins had regained its magic back. Oswald looked around in astonishment as a tear almost came to his eye. "Home... My home is back," he cheered smiling. His feel ration was cut short once he saw how everyone else was reacting. Mortimer chortled through his head throbbing pain to mock The group. "Well well well, looks like some dumb dumbs forgot to create a contingency plan." Oswald gave the tall mouse a quick foot jab to his side as he was losing his patience. "What do you know mortimer?" The villainous cretin looked at his empty gloved hand. "I was played for a sucker, that's what happened! Maleficent gave me a fake key blade!" Hikaru's ears popped at the unfamiliar. "Whose Maleficent?"

"A dark fairy with a lot of power. What? You guys thought that mister no heart and his goons were the only big shots in town? Hoo boy have you got another thing coming!"
    Oswald pointed his key blade at him. "Talk mouse!"
    "Take it easy cotton tail, I got nothing to lose as it is. I'm one with the book now. Only way out of here is with a key blade. And the only way you can leave is if the books barrier is opened."
    "How does it open?" Oswald interrogated.
    "What about Mickey?" Oswald asked. "He's been gone for 3 years now. Surely some ones gotta remember him."
    "Whatever works. A large amount of memories surrounding a person. It's how you avoid the endless abyss of this stank hole. Maleficent did it once and with any luck, she'll have me busted outta here."
    Mickey looked up at the sky with hope in his eyes. "There's still a way outta here. Minnie's gonna have the dream festival right this second. She knows it's our best shot outta here!"
    "Keep dreaming pal. Key leaders only remember?"
    Mickey revealed his key blade to Mortimer, who was taken back. "What?! No fair! You get Minnie and a key?! That's impossible!"
    "No," he replied calmly before looking to Oswald. "That's trust"
    "So I'm stuck here alone!"
    "Looks like."

Before anything more could be said, a giant hole breached the sky. The voice of Minnie Mouse could be heard. "Ladies and gentlemen, after rallying the votes, it is my pleasure to announce that the winner of this years dream festival is-..." A flash of light surroundings the group as Mickey, Oswald, and all the other keybladers found themselves back in disneytown in the center of the festival. Minnie finished the winners name as a shocking reveal came into place. "Horace horsecollar! For all his dedicated work on- oh! There are... Two Horace's?" The audience gasped as the classic Horace from wasteland came face to face with the modern day Horace from disneytown. Being out of wasteland Horace now looked identical to his other counterpart.

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor was listening to Mortimer complain about being stuck in The Wasteland while Mickey got a keyblade and could still be with Minnie when a giant hole opened in the sky and they were all covered in a bright light. Raisor didn't really feel much for enemies, but he could almost, almost feel sorry for that one. He knew the feeling of being stranded somewhere with absolutely nothing to your name.

Either way, he was glad to finally be out of that place and back in Disneyland, strange as that seemed, since he hardly spent any time there in the first place. Then he noticed what Minnie had said about the two Horace's. How in the world did that manage to happen? So they get out of a life-and-death scenario and then get into a comedic-scenario?

"I don't think so. You guys handle this without me. I am done with anything related to that book. Come get me when we're ready to go." He walked down off the stage and sat on the nearest bench.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

The name Maleficent didn't ring any bells to Kel, but if she was able to make a make keyblade, then this 'dark fairy' was something to be wary of. No matter, there wasn't much that they could do about it for now. He didn't think anyone here knew who Maleficent was so dwelling on that fact wouldn't be helpful. Besides, there were other matters than needed to be dealt with, like the giant hole that opened up in the sky.

Accompanied by a bright light that cause Kel to shield his eyes, they had found themselves on a stage in front of a crowd. Evidently they had landed during the announcement of the winner according to Minnie. Problem was that there were two Horace's staring each other in the face. Kel wasn't sure just what to make of this situation and Raisor had already opted out of this situation. "Is it alright for the two of them to be here together?"

10. Aelin Best Waifu

Everyone seemed to have a problem with her interrogating the giant mouse. What was their problem? If anyone could make him talk, Karina was sure it would be her. A little pain could go a long way after all. Yet instead she was shoved to the side and not given the chance to talk about that as Oswald seemed to take the lead in figuring things out. Every time Mortimer opened his big mouth, it made Karina want to punch his teeth in, but somehow she managed to hold back for the most part, though she was not happy about it.

Karina kept herself separated from the group a bit as the complaining and supposed dramatic reveal happened. She didn't trust herself not to snap at the first person to say something she didn't like. She was in an awful mood after all of this and just wanted to get out of here and move on with whatever they were doing. Go somewhere new and do something that could distract her from her life. She supposed that really she was just running from her life, and honestly she was okay with that. She hated herself for being so weak, but she wouldn't stop running because it was all that she could do. Besides no one would ever want her to stick around anywhere for too long if she were to find a place far enough from her home, far enough from her life to settle down.

There was a flash of light and in the midst of Karina's brooding she was brought to the center of a festival of some sort. While there now seemed to be an issue with two of the same person being there, Karina could bring herself to try to do anything about it but walk away. She could always kill one to fix the problem, but the others likely wouldn't let her. Besides that she had no suggestions and didn't like people staring at her. Without a word the the others she took her leave from the situation and found an empty space to stand and watch how it would all play out.

11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Well that was easier said than done. Turns out all they needed was a keyblade to leave this wasteland. Nice. Now who in the world is Maleficent? D'daear was clearly not the only one who heard that name. Just when you think questions were subsiding, more questions arrived. A dark fairy? So there were more bad guys other than Xehanort or whatever his name was. Too focused on the mystery of Marifucentu that he completely zoned out from the conversation Mickey was having with Mortimer. Then the lights came on, bright as ever. Caught unprotected, the light shone bright that it obscured his vision. His natural reaction was to wince from the overwhelming photons that poured into his eyes within that one second. There was so much noise now. Like a festival and announcement were going on at once. Opening his eyelids, gap slowly formed between eye lids until pupils could adjust themselves properly to the scenery.

Minnie spoke in surprise, and that's when D'daear noticed the two horaces as well as the sudden change in scenery.

"Can we just for once have a normal, chill transition?" he inquired rhetorically to the group.

12. Glen Returned from the dead

As the light faded and Glen found himself, along with the others, back in Disney Town interrupting what appeared to be an important ceremony of sorts, he found himself feeling surprisingly calm. Perhaps when someone had seen oversized evil rats, floating chinese people, talking dragons, glowing hair with healing powers, entire armies of horrifically powerful behemoths, and an unending legion of satanic brooms, cloned horses just didn't phase a guy. Shrugging his shoulders, Glen stepped off to the side.

"Chill isn't something we seem to get often, and I can't see why having two of them would be a problem. He's basically just got a twin now" he said.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  13. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel, due to the general lack of tactical or physical effort on his part during the battle against the blot, had become not more than a throbbing cocoon that floated after the party, making muttering sounds that were reminiscent of a sleeping person.

"No R.J., Clara didn't eat the mouse... why would she do that?" His unconscious commentary resounded hollowly as the others descended the mountain. Glancing blows from the cannons and explosions barely phased him during the fight with Mortimer. One particularly large blast hadn't elicited more than a yawn and a simple mutter of:

"Five more minutes Raichu."

How he was able to sleep through so much or how he had changed into a hovering orb of black... stuff... was anyone's guess. Now though, having gone through to Disney town like the rest of them, the creeping black mass had finally started awake.

"I didn't eat the chain saw!" He shouted as two black arms flung outwards, nearly hitting the Dream Festival winner(s) in the process. However, he stopped himself just in time, hands freezing inches from their flesh. The being somehow pulsed an Aura of sheepishness as it unwrapped itself with a sort of forward flip, leaving a decidedly more average looking Steel in it's place.

"Horace." The caped figure greeted as he dusted off the Wasteland variant. He then turned to the other. "...Horace." He snapped his fingers and formed little guns with his hands, leaving some of the audience astounded as little wisps of smoke emanated from the tips. He walked slowly backwards trying to flee the awkward situation.

"Disregard anything I may have said... Miss Scarlet was never in the Ballroom with a candlestick." With that he turned and calmly walked... behind Glen. Seemingly to hide.

He promptly began another side conversation with his phantasmal companion, however.

"So... there's three of us now?" The Horace that had followed him the through the time warp had asked.

"Well logically there's only two of you." Steel replied. "I don't think you really exist within the same plane." He glanced briefly at his surroundings.

"Now, where's phantom Base gone off to?" He quizzed himself.

14. Krowley Moderator

All members in Disneytown were now gathered at the square. Donald, Goofy, and the others had reconvened in the town. Everyone was still in confusion at the fact that there were now two Horaces standing face to face with one another. Not out of a time paradox, but from another book. Both genuine worlds in the universal timeline, meaning one of them was a fake.
    "Horace and... Horace?" Minnie repeated. "What is the meaning of this?"
    Pete bumbled in last as he tried to catch his breath. "Yeah, you heard da princess! Start talkin'!" Pete leaned over as he tried to catch his breath again. Donald and Daisy were found next to Goofy, his son, and Donald's cousins. Oswald and Mickey looked to each other unsure as well.
    "Mick, it's me. Please remember." the wasteland Horace begged. Mickey stared intently at him until he began to glow. The Horace that was working around Disneytown, was beginning to dim.
    "Curses... it appears my false persona must come to an end." The voice that came out of DisneyTown Horace was not that of a yokel, but now it was the voice of a wicked old woman's. DisneyTown Horace was surrounded by green smoke as the Horace revealed himself as a hunched over old woman in a black hooded cloak.
    Hikaru recognized it as being nearly dead set for the witch from Dwarf Woodlands. "The Witch!" he exclaimed.

"Well now that's not very nice. I am Mizrabel. The Master of Illusion! and you! Need to learn some manners boy!" She waved her hand and threw a ball of dark energy at him, knocking him to the ground. He got up and dusted himself off quickly. As always he prepared himself for battle by summoning his keyblade. He whipped his hand to the side, but something went wrong. The keyblade wasn't materializing.

ALL PLAYERS HAVE LOST THEIR BATTLE SKILLS/ABILITIES!

"Wait... what's going on!" He asked confused. "What did you do?!"
    The witch cackled. "I haven't done a thing... You left the book and your hearts were reset." She motioned towards the book which was held tightly in Oswald's possession. Mickey and Oswald tried to whip out their keyblades, but failed in their attempt. "You have forgotten all the abilities you hold dear," she smirked.

"Well if he ain't fighting, then I'll take a whack at yah sister!" Pete bumbled in for a charge, but with a wave of the witch's hand, he was transformed in an indigo colored gem before falling into her old, wrinkled clutches. "Such disrespect! I will take all your precious friends, savior!" she cackled as she looked to the other Disney heroes. She began first with Oswald who began to float off the ground and had the book fall out of his hands. "No! Ortensia!" He reached for the book with no avail. "What are you doing?!" Oswald began to glow before a bright light turned him into a red gem. Donald began to buzz before transforming into a blue gem. "Donald" Daisy cried before forming into a purple gem. "Maxie!" Goofy cried before turning into a green gem.
    "Dad!" Max replied before forming into an orange gem.
    The five gems joined pete's as they circled the magical wielding.
    "Oh no you don't bruja!" Panchito yelled out, whipping out his pistols. "You birds aren't needed!" With another wave, a magical wall as lifted prevented Donald's cousins from charging.
    "Ay Caramba!" Jose yelled, trying to knock away at the wall.
    "Please... why are you doing this?" Minnie cried.
    "For my collection of course..." the five gems floated around her as she emanated a green aura. "And of course for my group of associates. You serve quite the interesting prize as a princess of heart. "She waved her hand which formed a pink bubble around Minnie and causing it to rise.
    "Minnie!" Mickey yelled extending his hand. From out of nowhere, Pluto came to the rescue and barked as he prepared to charge against the witch. His efforts however were thwarted as he too was turned into a yellow gem and joined the others circling him. "Pluto!" Seven gems circled the witch now. "Don't worry, you'll join them shortly! She waved her hand expecting Mickey to turn into a gem as well, but nothing happened. "What? Curses. Seems I've used more manage than I can muster. But I'm sure you'll fix all that princess, hehehe." A dark portal opened behind her as she walked backwards into it, taking Minnie with her. "Mickey! Help!"
    "Minnie!" Mickey charged without thinking into the portal as it closed behind them.
    "Mickey wait!" But it was too late. All their Disey allies were gone save for Panchito and Jose. The wall loered and allowed them to meet up with the keybladers.
    "Dios mio, your keys... they are gone now?" Panchito empathized. Before they could chat more, heartless appeared.
    "Heartless? but they can't be here? Some one is messing with the cornerstone!" Panchito described, keeping his pistols on guard.
    "The what?" Hikaru asked. "Wait, is it the same one from Timeless- I mean... the past?"
    "Cornerstone of Light amigo. No twitchy twitchy monsters should be here. We need to check it out!"
    "Let us do it,"Hikaru offered.
    "But you can't fight!" Panchito blared.
    "Then you amigos gotta find it! We'll keep these guys busy!" Jose prepared his umbrella as Panchito reloaded his pistol.

15. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

"Chill isn't something we seem to get often, and I can't see why having two of them would be a problem. He's basically just got a twin now" he said.

Ironically the second Horace that shouldn't be had removed it's facade, and revealed itself to be an old witch lady calling herself Mizrabel. Vindicated in the most unusual way, he turned his head to Glen and just gave him a blank stare. "You were saying?" he inquired in comradery.

Hikaru got sent back by a ball of dark energy, which sent D'daear on high alert. Quickly getting into battle stance he locked onto the old witch and hand motioned for his keyblade while Hikaru got up and ready for combat himself. Normally he didn't enjoy smacking old ladies around, but if they were dangerous....

"Wait,...what's going on?"

D;daear divide his attention to Hikaru momentarily to see what the fuss was all about. There was no keyblade in the warrior's hands. Shocked he, he went ahead and gripped his keyblade in angst when he suddenly felt his fingers curl into a fist. Eyes widened as attention immediately went to hands. Empty. What he thought he had been holding onto this whole time was nothing more than a phantom of routine feeling left in his hands prior. He tried again to summon his keyblade, but nothing. Why wasn't it working? It was all just a matter of flick of the wrist, right?

"Come on!! What the- What's going on....?" he uttered in concern.

The witch cackled and all was revealed. Eyes widened. He almost felt like crying. All that hard work, that tempering through trials and this is what happens. He sucked at magic, and just when he was able to do just a little bit with his physical abilities too. If life had thrown a punch, D'daear would have been defeated because that's exactly how he felt right now. How was he supposed to help out now? Without the keyblade he was literally nothing. And what about the reason he was here for? It would be impossible to do anything now without the keyblade...

One by one the witch began to claim what didn't belong to her. Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Max, Pete, Pluto, Oswald, and Minnie. Mizrabel had somehow turned them all into gems; and why is sounding like a good question right now. However for some reason she didn't turn Mickey into a Gem. Once again why? As if to make matters worse, the witch spirited away into a dark portal and just as the portal was closing, Mickey jumped in after her. It all happened so fast that none of them could follow in time.

"Mickey-!" he shouted along, but that proved pointless.

Panchito; whom D'daear is not well-acquainted with, began empathizing with the groups loss, but short-lived as Heartless began to appear. Everything was just unraveling so fast like some plot from a book. It was becoming disconcerting as they all had to start making their way to check out the cornerstone of light; the ball of light that protected disneytown from things like heartless. They had to check on it, because they sure as heck couldn't defend the town in their current state. Without a keyblade just what exactly are they supposed to do? The feeling of powerlessness or being defenseless was just too much for D'daear. He wanted to cope, but the fast unraveling situation was not giving him or anyone for that matter space or time for that.

Hands curled into a tight fist as that frustration and anxiety came back to settle. If only he could scream without looking like some scared nut job.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor leaned against the bench he was on, watching as the group tried to figure out which Horace was the real one. However, before anyone knew what was happening, the Horace from Disneytown began to glow and in it's place stood an old witch robed in black. Calling herself Mizrabel, she blasted Hikaru with some kind of energy and knocked him to the ground. Raisor was about to summon his keyblade and help out, but he noticed something was wrong. His hand was empty, with no keyblade in sight. He tried summoning it again, with no luck. He didn't know what was going on, but it looked like he wasn't the only one having issues. Hikaru was having the same problem.

The witched cackled as Hikaru demanded to know why he couldn't summon his keyblade. "I haven't done a thing...You left the book and your hearts were reset. You have forgotten all the abilities you hold dear."

"Hmph, I may have lost all the abilities I had with the keyblade, but that doesn't stop me from pummeling your face in with my bare hands." Raisor clenched his fists and got ready to jump at the old witch.

Just then, Pete popped out and decided to try and steal the show. Unfortunately, it didn't go so well. As Pete charged in, the witch waved her hand and in moments there was nothing left of Pete but a jewel. Then she began to turn more of the inhabitants of Disneytown into jewles, eventually having seven in all, including Oswald, Donald, and Goofy.

Donald's cousins tried to attack her as well, but the witch only waved her hand yet again and stopped the birds in their place.

"You know, you could try fighting without that little trick of yours." Raisor was getting irritated at how helpless they all were right now, and it was dragging up some bad memories that were only making him even more mad.

Mizrabel summoned a portal of darkness behind her and began to disappear. Raisor watched as Mickey flung himself into the portal as well, and then disappeared into nothingness. Before the group could figure out what to do, heartless began swarming around them as well.

"What the heck? Should we be safe from heartless here?" Raisor took a fighting stance with his fists, ready to put up a fight.

"Heartless? but they can't be here? Some one is messing with the cornerstone!"

"Then let's whatever that cornerstone thing is and fix it before we end up with another Central Haven or Wasteland event here. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be stuck fighting another army of enemies again." Raisor yelled, swiping his fists as oncoming heartless.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina hadn't gotten far when the Horace problem went from not her problem t something very interesting. Well perhaps interesting was the wrong word for it seeing that it was a otentially dangerous situation. That being said after everything that had happened, she was feeling confident. Even as the so called Master of Illusions knocked Hikaru to the ground, it didn't seem to really bother Karina. After a the numbers were against her, badly. There was no chance that they would lose to someone like this. However something caught her eye. Hikaru tried to finght back, but his keyblade didn't come to him.

Trying and failing to summon her own keyblade, Karina grew increasingly frusterated. After failing severak times Karina turned ane punced the nearest wall, but even her punch felt weak. Her hands starte to shake as she tried t figure out whay was wrong. She felt so weak even if she shouldn't. It made no sense. Sure she was tired after everything, but that should make her this weak. Karina punched the wall again, hoping for a better result, but instead she simply ended up with a split knuckle. "What the hell is happening?!" Karina snapped, only to hear the witches explanation.

After everything she worked for. After so much she put into training and perfecting her skills wth a keyblade so she could protect herself. So sh could be safe. After all that it was all one thanks to that stupid ink and that stupid book. None of this made sense. "No... It isn't possible! It can't be possible! No after ll we have done!" Karina yelld out, blood now dripping down her hand. And for the first time in a long time, she felt fear. She was afraid because sh lost any ablity she hd to protect herself. Any value she had, and was left on the run, fleeing from her home with no where to o, and now wihout the ablity to protect herself.

They were a hopeless to protect theselves, and when someone had stepped up to help them, he had been turned to crystal, along with several important citizens of Disney town. Most would call them friends, but this was Karina, she didn't really have friends. Even without friends, Karina strangly sort of cared what happened to them, since they didn't seem like bad people. However it seemed as quickly as the witch appeared to them, she disappeared, taking the crystals with her. Karina was powerless to do anything, as she took Minnie as well. Mizrabel was gone, leaving the former keyblade wielders and their companions stuck without much that they could do. Karina screamed out in frusteration, annoyed at everything.

Just to add insult to injury, heartless startee to appear in the square. From what Karina understood she thought that this town was supposed to be safe from the nasty creatures. While backing off slightly due to her inability to actually fight. She heard mention of simething oing wrong with the cornerstone or something. She wasn't quite sure what that was all about. Karina took off running, following the group towads the cornerstone. How they planned to fix the problem, she didn't know, but she supposed they first had to figure out what the problem was.

18. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Just like everyone else, Steel promptly attempted to summon his keyblade when faced with the hostile. However, unlike everyone else, his reaction to failing was somewhat more... dramatic.

"Arrgh!" He cried out in pain as he fell to his knees. It was a delayed reaction really, considering how he had entered the scene. But he had been without a physical form, and now that he had one, the attempted use of abilities that weren't there clashed violently with the reality he was comprised of.

"You have forgotten all of the abilities that you hold dear."

He snarled at her words; it couldn't be true. He scratched the air in front of him with his claws, attempting to summon his own sword: Necrophobus.

Nothing happened. A purple colored warp around his claws was the only evidence he had done anything; and even that was short lived.
    He tried to summon the gun Chronophobia.
    Nothing.
    A Soma!
    Nothing.
    Ifrit!
    Nothing.
    Himiko!
    Nothing.

His roars of anger were loud and unsettling. To anyone else, he would appear to be a rather insane man slashing at the air around him with dangerously sharp claws and overall throwing some kind of temper tantrum. His appearance only growing darker with each twitch of his hands as black smoke began to emanate from his form. A tear trailed down his cheek as he stopped. Looking towards the sky as he feared to see the final proof of the witch's words. After sitting in silence for a few moments, he finally looked down at his belt. From it there hung seven silver crosses, usually some of which were tied with red ribbons.

But the ribbons were gone.

The seals were undone.

And he could no longer deny the voices that he had begun to hear in his mind.

"WHY!" He shouted as he punched the ground, then proceeded to slam both fist down numerous times.

How could this have happened? Why did a book have such power? That merely leaving it could allow it to wrest control of your heart and "push risette?"

And WHY for the love of all things holy, in the middle of a virtual panic attack did he feel like he had just made some sort of attempt at a clever reference?

Many of the others had run off already; he had thought he had heard the word "Cornerstone." If anyone else was still near, he couldn't notice them over the growing cacophony of voices.

The boy only had so much patience.

"Shut up!" He screamed the words into his hands, for buried there was his face. Kluya and Luna, bless them and may thier souls rest in peace, immediately did thier best to quiet down the masses and it wasn't long before all was silent once more.

"She'll pay for this." He stated after a moment. He was obviously in denial: without combat abilities, there wasn't really anything he could do.

Still, he ran off after the others with cold fury in his glowing eyes.

19. Glen Returned from the dead

The moment the witch uttered the words "You have forgotten all the abilities you hold dear" he panicked a little. Of course, like many of the others, he tried to summon his keyblade. And, like the others, he failed to do so. He must have looked like an idiot, repeating the motion over and over again with nothing happening, but he didn't care. He'd lost the keyblade, and with it any hope of saving his homeworld.

"You b****!" he screamed, leaping for the witch. Keyblade or no keyblade, he could still fight. He did have his fists, and that was pretty much how he'd fought as a monk. However, he was struck by a dark orb, knocking him back. Swiftly he got on his feet, but rather than charge forward again he actually thought about it. He hadn't been born with the ability to wield the keyblade, he'd learned it over time, taught by his father. Maybe he could get it back. No, there was no maybe about it, he would get it back, one way or another.

As the witch went away, heartless took her place, and immediately the urge to strike at them entered his body, but once again he resisted. If he died here, there was no way he'd ever get the keyblade back, no way anything would change. He heard mention of a cornerstone, and latched onto the idea that it could help immediately. He needed something to focus on, something to keep him sane lest the darkness took him. With that idea kept at bay, he turned and ran after the others, not sure if he was running from the heartless or his own frustration at being unable to do anything...again.

20. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce honestly couldn't say he was overly worried about this "Maleficent." After all, They'd seen the power no heart could give his henchmen, and the blew Mortimer right out of the water. She might've been powerful, but she obviously paled in comparison to the threat they already knew about. Still, another opposing force was the last thing they needed right now. They were honestly at the ends of their ropes. With the order gone, Eraqus missing, Yen Sid petrified, they were running out of allies quickly.

When Horace's guise was revealed, Beuce silently cursed to himself. "Witches...Why did it have to be witches?" When suddenly the reason why he had a profound hatred for witches came into effect. Just like the last witch they encountered, she sealed away their keyblades. However...This was different. He felt...Empty. Everything he had was gone. He couldn't remember how to perform any kind of attack, cast any spell, Use any job. anything he'd trained for and gained throughout their journey had vanished at the mere flick of a wrist. "This is bad..."

As the events unfolded further, people were turned into gems one by one, and heartless began to overrun the town. So even this place fell it seemed...Typical. They brought nothing but ruin wherever they went. In any case, their only chance was to get to the Cornerstone. If they could somehow fix that, they might be able to fix everything here. So, Beuce turned and began to break for the castle. He doubted they'd get another windfall if they messed this one up.