Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Mysty Unknown

Eon ran behind Aden. What would happen if he cut it. Certainly Basil would be free wouldn't he? "Aden, we may have to try it." He swung his keyblade at some heartless coming into his and Aden's position. "We need to hurry and make a decision before they get away completely."

2. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Shapur was about to answer the new fellow, telling him that he hasn't come across a girl like that before, but then Timothy and Jim mentioned flying. He narrowed his eyes. An elephant? Flying? That's impossible. Shapur moved away from Dumbo and stood next to Krowley. He mumbled to him, just under his breath, "A flying elephant? Do you think it's possible?" Shapur had seen many things in his lifetime, but never something like a flying elephant. Although, he wanted to laugh at his skepticism. He could do magic, he had a mystical weapon that seemed to have a mind of its own, he has fought creatures that only appear in your darkest nightmares. A flying elephant was well within the realm of possibility.

3. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Base felt conflicted, for at once, he wanted to agree with or at least support Timothy's hypothesis. At the same time though, he couldn't help but snicker to himself until Jim Crow started, well, ... crowing. "I seen a needle that winked its eye, but I be done seen 'bout everything, when I see I an elephant fly." The notion spurred Base to continue it.

"I heard a fireside chat; I saw a baseball bat, and I just laughed 'til I thought I'd die." Base related a few of his own spontaneous turns of phrases, turning nouns into verbs and such. Really, to him, the idea seemed ludicrous, but still, there was some matter of credence to it. He just didn't know, but at least he was enjoying himself while Jim Crow laughed at Timothy's expense.

"Ninth wonder of the universe" and "What brought you down is going to lift you up" Timothy had said, and this honestly made him felt touched; he'd been brought down for his music before, but every time he sank, music would rise him back up further than he'd fallen, and every single time. It was his lifeblood and he was really great at it, which he'd proven time and time again. Base understood Dumbo, but he also understood Jim. So, he had to ask himself such a question as: 'Which one do I understand more?

Not to mention past statements he hadn't thought to reply to. Like on the matter of someone named rain, Base merely uttered, "Basically, I just got here before you did." And it wasn't far from the truth. But it slightly unnerved him the opposite stranger's name was basically one vowel off from sounding like his own. Somewhere, Base thought, this might prompt a direction error.

4. Krowley Moderator

"Stranger things have happened," he replied to Shapur, not looking away.
    Timothy frowned in displeasure. A mouse like him had said much stranger thing in this line of business. Was a giant flying mammal such a hard thing to believe? Whatever the answer, Jim Crow was still having a riot and didn't look like he would stop laughing anytime soon. Meanwhile, Dumbo was just minding his own business, by drinking from a bucket of water that was left up there by the acrobats to cool off.
    "Now that boy knows what's up!" He replied patting Base heavily on the back.

"You oughta be ashamed of yourself. A big guy like you... pickin' on a poor little orphan like him. Suppose you was torn away from your mother when you was just a baby... nobody to tuck you in at nights... no warm, soft, caressin' trunk to snuzzle into. How would you like to be left out alone... in a cold, cruel, heartless world? And why? I ask ya, why? Just because he's got those big ears, they call him a freak. The laughingstock of the circus. Then when his mother tried to protect him... they threw her into the clink. And on top of that, they made him a clown! Socially, he's washed up. Ah, but what's the use of talkin' to you coldhearted birds? Go ahead. Have your fun. Laugh at him. Kick him, now that he's down. Go on! We don't care. Come on, Dumbo." Dumbo was still drinking the water, and everyone else stood silent for a few seconds. Sure, the crow was laughing, but just at the idea of flight, not the little elephant himself. Still, the speech helped Krowley remember why he stuck around for this long. To help people who couldn't help themselves...

Even Jim had been hit hard with that melancholic monologue. "Hey, brother, w-w-wait a minute. Uh, don't go away feelin' like that. We done seen the light. You boys is okay." He comforted timothy around his shoulder and gave a supporting nudge. "Please, you've done enough."
    "You wanna make the elephant fly, don't ya? Well, you gotta use a lot of chology. You know, psychology. Now, here's what you do. First, you, uh--" Jim Crow pulled the mouse a side and began to whisper things in order to help Dumbo."And then-... right after that, you-... Use the magic feather. Catch on?"
    Krowley tilted his head, wondering how on earth the plot reached this point. along his adventures, he met little men, a talking mirror, a savage man, and an elephant attempting to fly. Very interesting day.

"The magic feather? Yeah, I gotcha. Dumbo! Look! Have I got it! The magic feather! Now you can fly!" Timothy waved Jim's black feather in front of the elephant, whose eyes widened at the word 'fly.'
    He spit out the water in his mouth\, which would have knocked timothy off the stage, if Jim hadn't caught him. The water sprayed actually pushed him back quite a bit.

Base learned Aqua Splash!
    Beauce learned Aqua Splash!
    Krowley learned Aqua Splash!
    Shapur learned Aqua Splash!

"Well," Krowley sighed. "Time to help an elephant fly..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina was struggling to keep up with the number of heartless that were attacking. It wasn't like she would let that stop her. A mission was a mission, no matter how difficult it needed to be done no matter what the cost. Karina remained near the net as she took out a couple of drills and a dog. She was to busy with them to notice the bird that approached from behind her. It grabbed her but she managed to get away from it with minimal injuries taking it out in the process. The only problem now was that she was a ways away from the net making her goal more difficult then before. As the bird fell and disappeared it had dropped her on the ground giving her a few bumps and scrapes, but that wasn't going to stop her. She charged forward to fight her way back to the net.

6. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

"No dice huh? Well that sucks..." Beuce said in response to none of them knowing anything of his sister. He shrugged and watched the scene carry on. There was discussion as to whether dumbo could fly or not. "Honestly, i could see him flying." Beuce said, thinking of the ears as wings. After that, the speech from timothy and the magic feather. "So an elephant does a spit take and that somehow grants us the ability to magically shoot water at stuff...seems legit." Beuce noted to no one in particular.

7. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Base blinked at Beuce's last remark. In an odd way, it made a lot of sense. Base himself had already gone down the rabbit hole a little bit too far to say: "Oh that? That's completely ridiculous!" So what he actually said went more along the lines of support of the Flying idea.

"Frankly, Beatification...No...wait...I'll have it... Oh Fine! Beuce, has a point. It's not exactly like we're normal by their standards, I'm sure." This part he said in a low whisper. Yen Sid had warned him about meddling in other worlds, save for one that he kept close. By his side, Base had a blue satchel with a golden eighth note embedded on the opening flap, which was closed. "Capacious Caprice" , he called it, for a very special purpose.

Even Jim had seemed to get into the belief of it now; but Base still had reserves and wanted to at least see some stunt. Would that mean he'd be trying to shove the poor little big Elephant off of the platform while chanting "Heave Ho, let's go"? Not a chance. Timothy's little speech had cut him deep personally, again going back to his pariah status at times back home on Theate.

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Aden gritted his teeth, touching his Keyblade to the cord, then pulling back. "Be ready," he warned Basil and Dawson. "On three...

"One...

"Two...

"THREE!"

He swung his Keyblade right into the cord. The instant before it cut through, Aden felt the cord grow taut, and he started to panic—

SNAP!

"OW!"

The one thing Aden hadn't considered was the cord's recoil. The cord whipped right into his face and he stumbled back, clutching his nose. "Owwww...!"

9. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Shapur sighed. "Well, at least after all this is done, I get to say that I helped an elephant fly. Let's get this done." He moved, about to do something, when he realized he hadn't the faintest idea how to make Dumbo fly. Other than the obvious 'jump off the high wire and see what happens' idea.

10. Doukuro Chaser

When the attempts at opening the net prove futile Yana's attention returned to Fang. Freeing her from gunpoint was ideal now. However before anything could be done a mass of Heartless appeared. Perfect. It was exactly what they needed.

Sarcasm aside this was a problem. And while it was her wish to free those trapped the eggs seemed in more of a need for protection. So wasting no time she ran to them, joining her teammates in the fray. The enemies were the same as before so at least she knew how to fight them. Some fire blasts, that gravity spell, and her keyblade. It was all that was needed. With that in mind she launched at a bird, spinning to slash it. That had been enough to take it down but others were still coming. Their attacks would be aimed at her and therefore the eggs she stood before, but going to them left the eggs wide open. So in the end she stayed put, sending fire balls out and staying alert.

11. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Etrius looked at the others. Since nobody was moving, he needed to run his mouth again. Everyone was worried for Cinderella, but no one was moving. Etrius cracked his neck.
    "Alright you louts," Etrius said in a mock soldier voice, "Look alive! We have a lady going to the ball and we must protect her! Any of you who fails at this will be trying out for a Section 8 and I will send my condolances to your kangaroo wives and husband!" He looked at Luna and said, "Stop doing that. Are you looking to go into shock?"

12. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Beuce thought about it for a moment, normally he wasn't one to analyze the situation, but this was a rare exception. In truth, he was actually almost brilliant when he stopped to think of an idea, he just preferred not to, and to charge right into the problem headfirst. "Well you can't fly unless you jump...But it might end up...not so great if things go south." The white haired man began. He made an expression that would have gone great with a lightbulb above his head. "Anyone here know anything about magic? Gravity in particular." He questioned the group. This question alone may well let them onto his idea without even the need to explain.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina was slightly relieved to see Yana protecting the net, but she knew she couldn't do it on her own. The quicker Karina could get over to the net the better off they would be. She leaped forward at a dog piercing his head with her keyblade as she landed on his back. She used the height from the dog to jump again grabbing the tail of a bird headed in Yanas direction. she took advantage of this to get closer to the net before taking the bird down. Now all that stood in her way was a few drills. She took both of them out and run to Yana's side. "Lets just keep them safe." She said and she readied herself for another wave of heartless.

14. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel's eyes twinkled at Etrius attitude. "Well then, I suppose we should be on our way downstairs, huh?" He leaped down to the other end of the mouse hole, sped towards the window, and hopped outside. "Don't stay too far behind slowpokes." He laughed to himself, expecting Etrius to catch up in 6 seconds or less.

15. Doukuro Chaser

Orders from a solider of the same rank did not bode well. However emotions like that were pointless in battle. Karina's skills were also impressive and, well simply put, it was the obvious thing to do. Already it had been thought of and put into action. Still Yana gave a nod, just to ensure the other she knew what to do.

Keyblade rising an aura of red circled its point. The spell was charged then held. A few moments later, when a target came closer, it was shot. The blaze engulfed the dog, burning the skin. Yana stayed still and watched, waiting until the beast was gone before turning her sights on to the next. "Shouldn't last much longer." Her thoughts were spoken, said to the others. She just hoped they were right.

16. Krowley Moderator

"Shapur should know Gravity," Krowley replied. "But even then, it was a low gravity spell. And that alone wouldn't be enough to lift..." He paused and took a look at the towering elephant before delicately finishing his answer. "This little guy."
    "Gravity Shmavity! The greats didn't get to where they were by letting a little thing like science stop 'em. Dumbo just needs to believe, and he needs us to give him the right dose o' confidence!" Timothy seemed very set on his ludicrous notion, placing the crow's feather into his trunk. He was already flapping his arms in an attempt to Dumb to mimic him. This situation felt little to be desired. Namely the consequences of what would happen should he fall. Their spells and combined glider strength were not enough to help him, and none of the circus entertainers knew he was up there.
    "Timothy, let it go. An elephant can't-"
    "Never say dat word!" Krowley's head lifted back in shock. "Ever since I met him, people have been saying what Dumbo can and can't do. Well as his friend, I know he can do this. Just look at them ears! Perfect for flying! He needs this! If he can't bump back from failing, how's he supposed to get self esteem, huh? No one here'll give it to him!" He persisted continuously on the effort to help him. As he spoke more and more, the cause became that much more worth their efforts. How an infantile elephant with nothing needed to have something to make it in the world he was brought in. "He's got the heart... I know he does..." exhausted from trying to push him, he was now sitting and wiping sweat off his brow.
    "He just needs..." He continued in hopes of getting him to jump off. "Friends to show him..." Pushing harder still. "That he can make it!"
    Jim Crow watched closely and took off his hat in respect. "Boy's persistent, I'll give him that." He flew in front of Dumbo to try and get him to copy, as timothy did before. He even looked at the party to get them to pitch in.
    "Listen fellas, below is a pie filled vat that the clowns use! Worse comes to worse, he'll just be covered in meringue!"
    Krowley looked over the edge to confirm this. And what luck that there really was a trampoline-like podium to break his fall.
    Turning back to Timothy, he walked up behind Dumbo and joined him in pushing. It was crazy, and borderline homicide. And yet something in his heart felt he should trust it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, well thank you all!" Dawson cheerfully replied, re-aligning himself from the rope marks. " Now we can put a stop to Ratigan and.. and.." He stopped to note the dreary detective who was still deeply upset. "Basil?"
    "Oh how could I have been so blind?" Basil was now sitting on the floor, with his hands over his head in shame. "Ratigan's proved he's more clever than I. He would never have walked into such an obvious trap. I've been outwitted! Beaten! Duped! Made a fool of! Oh, ridiculed! Belittled!
    "That's enough!"Dawson yelled out. " Dash it all Basil! The Queen's in danger, Olivia's counting on us. We were almost horribly 'splatted' and all you can do is lie there feeling sorry for yourself. Well, I know you can save the day. and I know that the famous Basil of Baker Street wouldn't mope and whine, but triumph in a new strategy against his adversary! For that is what a real detective would do..." exhaling from his hefty speech, Dawson felt the need to take a knee.
    "Thank you, Dawson." Basil gave off a small smile before getting up and tipping his signature deer hunting cap. His attitude has completely perked up, as if he had finally gotten some good morning coffee. He strolled up to the gun, that failed to go off from Aden's interference, and aimed it at Olivia's glass bottle prison.
    "I would duck if I were you Miss Flavershasm." Olivia lowered her head as Basil plugged his left ear, and pulled the trigger with his entire left hand. a large gunshot was made and the bottle shattered, leaving only the girl and base of the bottle remaining. He walked up to her casually, took her hand and walked back to Dawson and the party. He pulled them all into a group shot pose and looked at the camera ratigan left behind. "Smile everyone!"
    A snapshot was taken by the camera that Ratigan left behind. The photo flew out onto the floor, allowing Basil to give a quick smirk and look to the sky where Ratigan had flown through. "I can't believe I'm saying this... but it seems we may need your gliding devices once more.."
    He looked to the party with new found confidence. "If we are to arrest that sewer rat, speed is an absolute must. And although I do despise the cehicle, I trust you all will keep us out of harms way."

Aden gained the Basil Summon!
    Eon gained the Basil Summon!
    Raisor gained the Basil Summon!

~MISSION START~ V. The Chase is On

17. Mysty Unknown

Eon smiled at Dawson's motivational speech. It was good someone had a cool head at the moment in time. Now the question was what to do about Olivia. However, Basil seemed to have that under control when a loud burst of sound came from a form of machine he held in his hand. Eon had no idea what this contraption was but one second the glass bottle was there, the next it was shattered. Eon was learning to like Basil a tad more and more as they worked together. He smiled widely for the camera as he stood next to Olivia. This was going to be a good moment to remember.

Now came the hard part, catching Ratigan. Eon new how uncomfortable Basil was on their Keygliders, but to his surprise, Basil wished to journey once more on them. Eon gave a smile. "One second, detective." He threw his keyblade into the air and aloud it to transform. As it descended, he grabbed the side and jumped on. He quickly grabbed Basil as well. "Hold tight. We have no time to spare, but I will not let him get away or let the speed of this thing get to overwhelming." He looked at his companions. "I'll go up ahead and try to bring him down. Make sure to hurry guys." And with that said, Eon blasted into the sky after Ratigan.

Ratigan was in his and Basil's sights. Surely his accomplice would have some skills to dodge anything that Eon would throw at him. But any faster and Eon may lose control of his gliders speed like last time. Eon had to try some way of grounding them. I haven't used this spell yet but it may come in handy, he thought to himself. Charging the tip of his Keyglider he activated the magic known as Blizzard, hoping that the blast of ice may cool the wings down and go for a quick landing.

18. Aelin Best Waifu

"Hopefully." Karina said. She stepped back and let Yana do her thing. As soon as she was done she took out a few heartless that were coming her direction. She refused to go too far from the net just in case. She focused on the drills that were coming towards them, leaving the dogs and birds for Yana to deal with, at least for now. Karina had already taken out quite a few dogs and birds compared to drills so she didn't think they would be a problem for Yana to handle. A couple drills came her way which she took out easily. The next wave remained a few feet away, so she used fire to blast them.

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Aden, sadly, had a look of bewilderment when the photo was taken—not just from the flash and the shutter sound, but also from the gunshot only seconds before, when he failed to plug his ears in time.

He shook his head to clear his focus. "I can't promise your complete safety," Aden admitted (as much as he had practiced, he was still a little shaky with his Glider skills). "But I'll do my best to keep you safe." That said, he tossed his Keyblade into the air and it returned in Glider mode. "Hop on," he offered to Olivia. Once she was on the Glider, her arms wrapped around Aden's waist, he took off through the shattered window, after the crime lord.

20. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Shapur backed away from Dumbo and looked on as the others pitched in and tried to help Dumbo fly. Why are they working so hard on a hopeless goal...? He narrowed his eyes and approached Dumbo once more. Why, he didn't know. But somewhere in the deep recesses of his heart, he felt a pull. He felt like he needed to help. He growled and put his hands on Dumbo, pushing as hard as he could. He grunted and growled as he pushed with all of his strength. The veins in his muscles were popping out. "Why... am I... doing this...?" He wondered under his breath.