Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Light-Rune Maven Seer

"You don't have to worry about me Etrius." Steel said as he stood up and took out another one of his glowing orbs from his jacket. He took a small bite out of the miniature pearl like object and chewed. He devoured the light; he was able to physically touch it as if it were an everyday globe, but he treated it like a fruit. As he ate the object, his bruises and cuts, including the one on his arm, slowly vanished. He smacked his lips as he finished off all but the core; which he placed back in his pocket.

"You should use the potion yourself Etrius; you look ready to fall over. Or I could give you a purity S.E.E.D. if you like." When Jaq excitedly thanked them for their contributions, he patted him on the back. "No problem pal; you did a lot too for such a little guy. Thanks!" It was probably the Purity S.E.E.D. that was making Steel so cheerful; he knew the emotion in his voice was real for once.

2. Krowley Moderator

Base waved the hazy fog out of his breathing space, "How exactly am I your brother?" he asked. "My most sincere apologies my dear fellow. I didn't mean to make a fuss. Just a way I like to greet some new friends is all!" The crow smiled and gave a small wink. He seamed friendly enough as to not trying to stop are prolong their efforts. He was just another relaxed denizen of this world.
    The party looked high above at the sleeping duo. "...How did he get up there?" Shapur asked. A good question that was. How did an elephant and mouse end up atop a high tightrope pole? The last they saw dumbo, who was positively zombified in his own illusions of the pink elephants jumping everywhere. Just knowing that the incident wasn't very long ago made Krowley twinge. "We have to get him down from there, I thank you, friend. May we know your name?" Shapur continued on. He took one quick puff before replying. "Name's Jim Crow, friend. And it is most delightful to make your acquaintance." Removing the bowler hat from the top of his head, he gave a respectful bow. At least he has some class, he thought to himself. "Pleasure," Krowley replied. e looked back up at the Dumbo's high location which seemed further and further away each time he looked up. Logically, he would suggest flying up there on the keyblade glider, but he didn't want to take the risk. Of course, this was a circus, and Jim didn't seem to mind a lot of things he'd seen. Thankfully, he didn't have to decide. "So you want I should wake those fellas up? They could be dead! Of course dead people don't snore... Or do they?" Jim Crow was now on a train of thought that was probably better left derailed. "We would a appreciate that a lot actually."
    "Okay boys, leave it to me!" Putting out his cigar butt, he spread his wings and took flight. Higher and higher he went, eventually reaching the sprawled elephant and his mouse companion. Landing, he zoomed on their faces with intrigue. Using his winged feathers like fingers, he poked the little mouse first. Timothy startled at the poke and immediately awoke. He rubbed his eyes in disbelief, as if he'd been sleeping the entire time. "Ooh! Those Pink elephants."
    "Pink Elephants! Well hear him talk! Hahaha!" Jim Crow let loose a wild holler of a laugh.

"Yeah, haha..." Krowley added. Even hearing some one else say it didn't make it any less baffling. Timothy blinked his eyes repeatedly, attempting to make heads or tails of the situation. "What's so funny? Ah, just go on and fly up a tree where you belong..." Jim Crow looked back down and shrugged at the party. He then went back to the mouse, who was dozing off again. "Uh, say, look here brother rat-"
    Timothy stood to his feet in disapproval. "Brother Rat?! I ain't your brother and I ain't no rat, see?!" He seemed to be as uncomfortable as Base was, when he asked the question. "Uh-huh... And I suppose you and no elephant ain't up in no high wire either?"

"No! No me and no elephant ain't up in no-" Timothy took a frightened pause. "Highwire?" He tilted his head down to find the even more miniscule group of keybladers.
    "D-D-Dumbo! Wake up! Wake up Dumbo!" The dazed elephant slowly lifted his eyelids. He was calm, and no longer had an entranced look on his face. He just looked like a child waking up from a nap.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This was all ruined when a flying heartless appeared only a meter away from his face. Timothy, fearing the elephant might panic and fall, quickly closed shielded Dumbo's eyes with his ears. "Sleep! go to sleep Dumbo!" Jim Crow, too, jumped up in surprise at the group of heartless air soldiers and aeroplanes. "Now what kind of act are these fellas in?" One of the aeroplanes attempted to swipe at him. Thankfully, the crow ducked just in time. "Hey now, what kind of a crazy greetin' is that?!"
    Though they were small, the scene of heartless emerging, could be seen from below. "Heartless!" Krowley cried out. He manifested his keyblade into a glider and took off without a second thought.

~MISSION START~ IV. High Wire Frenzy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you want one of us to wait out here while you get ready, Dr. Dawson?" Aden asked. "This place looks unpleasant, and if Ratigan's henchmen frequent it, then it's sure to be plenty more dangerous." At this time, the Doctor had just finished putting on his disguise with a sour look on his face. "No no, that's quite alright lad. Olivia was my responsibility, and therefore, I must follow Basil in his pursuit..." Sucking in his gut, he swung open the doors and followed alongside basil, trying to seem as menacing as a short and stout mouse could. The group found a table to station themselves at until they could spot Fidget, which hopefully wouldn't be long now.

In the outer rim of the establishment, Ratigan now had both Flavershams at his disposal. Olivia was held captive in a human sized bottle, while her father was hard at work, being blackmailed into finishing. With the girl, Ratigan could "motivate" the toymaker to finish more quickly, and finish his part in the rat's scheme. "Let me out! Let me out" Olivia cried. "My dear, please, your father is trying to work, and to be frank, you are beginning to irritate me." His emphasis one the word irritate screeched in a loud force. As if he was holding back a large amount of rage. Fidget was standing with Ratigan, reviewing over their plans. "All ready boss!" His scruff voice declared. "Hmm, hmm, hmm... Excellent. Once the device is complete, we can set off and put our plan into motion and-"
    "No you won't!" Olivia interjected. "Basil will stop you, just like he always does!"
    Ratigan paused and played along to humor her, "Oh no, Fidget! Not Basil! He's going to stop us!"
    "Hehehe! Yeah, he gonna stop us again! Just like he always does! Then he gonna take us to jail, hehe. then he gonna come to jail and gloat and-" Annoyed, Ratigan covered Fidget's overactive mouth with his spare hand. "I wouldn't count on our friend Basil. You see, I've taken into account his actions, and will be sure to put an IMMEDIATE stop to them. Hmmm hmmm, yes..." the rat revealed an evil grin, causing the girl to shrink into her coat from uncertainty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A noise was heard from the opposing side of the door to Cinderella's room. "Uh-oh! Some one coming! Get down, get down!" Jaq urged. The party hid as instructed, whereas Cinderella was the one to enter the room. Watching from the floorboards, they saw walk straight up to the window sill, exhausted from another hard day's work. "Oh, well... What's a royal ball? After all, I suppose it would be frightfully dull and boring...and completely...completely wonderful." Sighing, the young woman stared at the castle, thinking of all the fantasy and wonder she would have on such a night. "Cinderelly!" Jaq yelled out. She turned around to find the group of four, stationed below, smiling as they opened the partition to reveal her newly finished dress. "Is... Is that my dress?" she asked, stunned. Is that my dress?"
    "Yup! Now Cinderelly can go to the ball! Meet and dance with prince!"
    "Why, it's...it's such a surprise..." All day long, she had been working, and came back to find her dream dress. She was almost in tears at how thankful she was. "Hurry! Time to go, Cinderella!"
    "Oh, thank you... Thank all of you!" She revealed a big smile, extending to the very corners of her cheeks.
    "Nadda be thankful fo'. Thasa what friends do" He turned to the group, to commandeer them to the next line of business. "Lesa go find Runa, so Cinderelly can change for the big ball!" Giddy as Cinderella was, he pushed all the keybladers through the mouse ole, shortly following them.
    Once they had left, Cinderella simply stood for a moment and hugged her finished dress, feeling so warm and good inside.

From the inner walls, Jaq proceeded to bounce around the mansion's innards. "I hope Cinderelly's dream comes true.. You guys gotta dream?" he asked to pass time.

3. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Base's Kingdom Key was out at the same moment he heard the word "Heartless", and he sprang into action. "Jim, try to keep out of range of those things." He shouted upwards as he eyed one of the aeroplanes do a loop-de-loop close to the Crow. While Base knew the Heartless would be drawn to the Keyblades on the ground, he also figured there wasn't enough time to wait. Trying to think up something fast, Base dug down deep and tried something new:

"Thunder!" He shouted, just as the aeroplane made a full rotation, preparing to open fire on the hapless new ally. A jolt of electricity buzzed through the mechanical Heartless as it tilted from side to side in a state of disturbance. In no amount of time, the same Heartless was back on a stabilized course, but headed toward Dumbo instead of Jim. "Thunder!" He commanded, raising his keyblade high above his head with one hand, as a bolt shot from thin air just above the ensuing Heartless; this time, the aeroplane dissipated with the shock, leaving the rest of the monsters behind.

"Always need to be on your toes, right guys?" Base noted half-humorously to his fellow Keyblade wielders just before leaping a few feet into the air to catch a passing Air Soldier a few times with an Air Combo. So far, that was two Heartless down, as he touched down to the ground and looked up at Dumbo and the rest. "Hang on!"

(OOC: 9/10 Posts remaining.)

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor looked around the pub, seeing if he could notice anything out of the ordinary. Although, considering they were the ones out of the ordinary in the entire bar, he figured he was pretty much fooling himself. In fact, he noticed as they walked into the pub all eyes in the room fell on them. He tried to keep himself from standing out and whispered to Basil.
    "So I don't suppose you have any idea what to do now? It doesn't look like any bat is around here, or I'm just completely oblivious; and I'd prefer not to stay here too long, since I'd rather not get in another fight."
    He fidgeted a little, finding it ironic, since they were looking for a bad named Fidget, trying to keep his cool. Normally he was perfectly calm, and didn't mind fights, but fighting against helpless people in a pub for no reason made him unsettled. As much as he liked to fight, going against something that wasn't in the category of "dangerous" just seemed like beating up the helpless, and there was no need for that in his book.

5. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna kept walking through the mouse hole. "I think I'm lost. This isn't good at all." She kept walking until she found herself outside. "Huh?" She looked up at the moon. Celestial City had crossed her mind. "Home. I'll find a way, somehow. I'll find you soon, just give me some time, please." A frown had found a way onto Luna's face.

6. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Etrius remained silent to Jaq's question, and walked away. He grabbed a potion bottle from his cloak, and to took a big enough swig to make sure he's in good fighting shape. As what felt like a light feeling coming from his chest, he wondered where Luna might be. She seemed late. He went back to Kel and Steel; Steel's large slash wound magically binding up to what looked like a large scar. "Has anyone seen Luna?? She disappeared after I asked her to find Jaq."

7. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Shapur growled at the Heartless and called on his keyblade glider, following Krowley into the air. "Heartless. Well that's a refreshing change of pace." He pulled up alongside one and gave it a good whack with his keyblade. Unfortunately, before he could give it another, it pulled back out of his reach.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

Kel thought about Jaq's question for a quick second before answering. "To be as strong as my father." He left it at that, though there was a deeper meaning to his dream. That was when Etrius mention that fact that Luna was missing. "Dunno, let's split up and look fro her." He suggested.

9. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

"Guys?" Base inquired when he received no reply, and he looked behind him: No one to be found, as Shapur rose into the air on a transformed Keyblade that had taken the form of a glider of some sorts. Base sighed heavily. "You mean I could have saved some effort and have just done that?!" He was a little exasperated as he tapped into the ability that allowed his own Keyblade to do exactly what Krowley and Shapur had done. Rising into the air on what resembled a hover scooter, Base held firmly onto the front handlebar as he rose into the air with great speed. At the top of his ascent, he clipped an Aeroplane on its side wing by kicking his vehicle to the side as a means of surprising it, causing it to barrel roll unintentionally and rocket out of control; as Base had just gone up, it nose-dived down to the bottom of the tent where it exploded in a dark, fiery mess with a heart being released in the process far below.

Base stabilized his own glider and looked around as chaotic dog fights took the "Sky" that was the canopy of the Circus tent. Focusing in on the fact Dumbo was in a great deal of danger, Base flew over his way and landed in his cap just as a trio of Air Soldiers hovered over the Poor Pachyderm's way. Turning his Keyblade back into a wieldable weapon, Base took in hand as the Air Soldiers glided overhead of him and Timothy, twitching and clawing at the air as they seemed to as one size up the threat from behind their aviator goggles. Base, in reply to their delay, took a swipe at one and sent it reeling back. One of the others then swiped at Base in return and caught him in the shoulder with one of its talon, tearing him up a great deal in one swipe. Base bit back the sting as he swiped at the assaulter off as if it were a small usurping mosquito. This pattern continued for a few interminable minutes as neither of the parties gave way to retreat. In sequence, each Heartless met their end, one by one, and Base didn't give in until all three of the originals were vanquished. Quickly, he took a breather to asses his wounds, finding a cut in his right shoulder and a gash on his left thigh. "Cure!" He professed, touching the tip of his Keyblade to his chest as a tinkling of bells followed a dance of ethereal green Holly leaves danced about his open cuts. The bruises and the scrapes all vanished instantly, leaving Base unfatigued and bodily replenished as a new wave of four Air Soldiers came gliding over his way in a threatening dance of kicking legs, twitching arms and batting wings.

"Just stay down." Base commanded to Timothy as the four descended on the yellow cap. "We'll defend you guys." He referred to himself as well as the others, one of which, Shapur, he saw flying nearby.

(OOC: 7/10

Base's relevant stats: 1/4 MP.)

10. Mysty Unknown

Eon entered the baR. Supposedly a bat named Fidget would be around here someplace. Before he could go any further though, he was thrown out. Apparently he was too young for the establishment. He sat back as he waited for the bat man to maybe come out. He looked inside and only saw drunk rodents fiddling to a tune and dancing mad.

A sound came from around the corner though. A strange bat was snooping around as he entered the bar. Eon watched him carefully and signaled Aden as well as Raisor that the bat had shown himself. The question now was, how long would it be until Fidget would grow tired of this place and lead them back to the base where Olivia and her father were held captive.

11. Krowley Moderator

Now on his keyglider, Krowley raced into the skies. He held onto the vehicle firmly with little intention of letting go. Thankfully, his helmet kept any possible wind away from his face while he was zooming around. His first objective was to protect the denizens rather than to see how many heartless he could destroy. Base had already gotten a head start on clearing the aerial field allowing him to swoop in to add to the clean up. Seeing as how poor Dumbo's eyes were still folded shut by his ears, Timothy was struggling to keep it that way until the keybladers were done. Last time he was embarrassed and frightened, a swarm of heartless showed up, and soon after those bizarre pink elephants. Who know what would appear if he saw these sights.

Focusing back on the battle, Krowley could rely on most of his blizzard magic, seeing as how he had a suitable strategy on how to knock down the numbers. Base had Thunder magic, which was powerful against airborne enemies, and Shapur had a great amount of power to assist him. Krowley had a mixture of the 2 styles of fighting.with tthat in mind, he locked on to his first target; an aeroplane that was circling Dumbo and Timothy. "Blizzard!" A shot of ice was fired into the heartless' jet engine, causing it to rock back and forth as if it was hit by an enemy plane. Being just that, Krowley flew in on his glider to knock the heartless out of the sky. He watched as it went into a downword spiral and evaporated once it hit the stadium floor.

Next, was an air soldier, same tactic, but easier to take down. With the heartless being held by the wings on his backside, the fragile flappers could be stopped with ease, making it fall fast than the aeroplane. With the same approach, Krowley circled around and cast another shot of ice. "Blizzard!" The frozen projectile hit the heartless on his left wing, freezing it and having it keep afloat by just the one flapping wing.Taking this to his advantage, he raced back toward the flying creature and shattered the frozen wing. The heartless was still just barely keeping afloat, but Krowley wanted to conserve his magic. He flew in for a few swerving hits before the heartless de-materialized. He kept at a routine pace, surrounding Dumbo to fend off any more threts that came flying by.

Krowley gained 20 EXP!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of the barflies eyed the party's table with great suspicion. As the group was now, they couldn't do anything that involved being found out. They were far too outnumbered for that. What they needed, was some sort of diversion, so they could apprehend the peg legged bat in private and see what he knows. At this time, he was just chugging down a pint of ale at the bar. He didn't seem to notice them, but Basil was never one to judge books by their cover. As the detective gazed around the room, one thing he could not ignore was the attendants that smelled of booze, smoke, and other disgusting sewer related smells. They were playing cards, joking around, and one was even puking in the corner. He knew what a rowdy establishment like this was missing, and was prepared to start it if he had to.

He began by first putting out his cigarette onto the already filled ashtray and threw it as hard as he could at the largest gentlemen he could spot. The small round object broke against the buff rat's forehead, having him turn around to show a shaggy fur face with an eye patch over his right eye.
    Acting as if he was an innocent bystander, he pointed to the gentlemen behind him with his thumb and spoke out in a very gruff tone. "''E did it."
    The intoxicated mouse overheard him and turned around in confusion. "Whadadoo?" His worms spewed from his mouth like word vomit. The large rat was not amused an gave the drunk mouse a swift uppercut.
    It was at that moment, where the music stopped and several of the drunk customers stood out of their chairs. There was only a second of silence before a mouse yelled out; "Bar Fight!" Like a wave of fur, the mice, rats, and other swere creatures jumped into a mess of fighting. Punches were being thrown left and right, bottles broken, darts thrown, and even a few tables broke.
    Basil calmly ducked everyones' heads down and signaled for Eon to sneak in so they could get closer to Fidget.

12. Mysty Unknown

Eon saw how Basil reacted to the situation and was surprisingly... surprised. A cunning way to lie and start a wonderful distraction. He was then signaled to come in and corner Fridget. Eon jumped into the bar dodging mugs and cigars being thrown by the patrons. The good thing was that once he dodged, several hit the body guard behind him, knocking him out clean. Eon jumped over a few knocked out bodies and got close enough to Fridget to jump him.

13. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

With the assistance of Krowley, one of the Air Soldiers headed his way had been cut down, leaving three to him. He knew full well just how much it hurt to get even the slightest scrape from one of those red talons, so Base made a mental point of avoiding any and all contact between himself and the melee weaponry of the encroaching avians. 'As if it weren't a forethought before knowing the sting for a fact', he thought as a footnote. The trio of fiends flew over to him as Dumbo smacked his ears tighter over his cranium, encasing the majority of his own head with his own ears. Fortunately, Base in his cap was uneared and free, and with his freedom, he cut down the first Air Soldier with a few smart smacks. The next was a mere repetition of the first, before the third gave a whirling kick in its futility of being the last one left; the kick, rolling 720 degrees with a front flip, found Base right underneath the chin, and knocked him back a good deal. A pause of moment save for the flapping of its wings and what looked like the Air Soldier loosening its limbs gave way to another kick of similar ferocity mere moments later.

This time, however, Base would have none of it. He swung the Keyblade at its whirling feet as it came closer to him, stopping the motion abruptly to catch the Heartless right where its wings protruded. Giving a crippling blow to the wings, the monster reared back and flailed. The beast clawed at its own capped and half-concealed head as it slowly began to lose altitude and gradually pick up speed of descent. In no time at all, the Air Soldier was rocketing towards the ground far below to meet its visible end. Base watched and looked around at his immediate area. He saw that not a great deal of Heartless remained, but he did notice a few were chasing around a flapping Jim Crow.

Base hopped into his Keyblade Glider scooter and sped off in pursuit, taking out the first of the five aeroplanes with a mid air side kick to its tail. In response to his actions, the aeroplane reared up, and lost its stabilization; it crashed below in nearly no time at all, falling backwards.

(This post sat for about four hours only written up until the part where you see the word "avians". What am I doing with my life? It takes me four hours to finish RP posts now once I start them? 0_o

5/10)

14. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel thought a moment about his dream. "I want to make sure everyone get's back to where they're supposed to be." Steel knew his answer was ambiguous, but he didn't really want to know what he had planned. No one had to know what he would face...
    "Yeah, C'mon." he said as they mentioned Luna.

15. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

"Right then." Etrius said, "Steel, you check the out the outskirts of the house, leave no corner untouched. Kel, you having more power, you check the Living Room, see if that fat abomination is bothering Luna and she needs help. I'll check within the mousehole network, see if she is back on her way here. Jaq naturally will stay here, in case Luna comes back here. If Luna isn't here by 15 minutes, we regroup back here. Be wary of Heartless and Unversed." Etrius then took off in a gust, entering the mousehole and checking here and there.

16. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Shapur turned his glider around and went after the heartless he struck before. He swung at it again, catching it right in the jaw. It then dematerialized.Shapur nodded to himself and went to take out another one.

17. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna continued to stare at the moon for awhile until Cinderella had crossed her mind. "Cinderella! I completely forgot about her dress! I have to get back now!" Luna ran back inside hurrying to Cinderella's room. She started to run fast jumping from platform to platform.

18. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Etrius weaved in and out of the mouseholes, through the walls and up rafters. All of a sudden, he collided into someone, or something, making him fall back upon recoil. Fresh pain skittered up and down his back.
    "As if I didn't have enough trouble to deal with." Etrius grunted as he got up. He saw white hair and green eyes. What luck is it to collide into Luna when you had more pain to deal with?

(OOC: I may have rushed this...)

19. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna rubbed her head as she stood up. "Sorry about that. Let me-." She opened her eyes and saw Etrius in front of her. "Etrius, what are you doing here? I thought you'd be in Cinderella's room by now." She asked as she watched Etrius stand up.

20. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Etrius dusted himself off and put on a narcissistic smirk.
    "I wouldn't be the same without you, Luna dearest." Etrius said in a heavy British accent giving a mock bow, "I came to fetch you because we missed your quiet demeanor and your protection, and I do not wish to carry your baggage." Etrius stood back up and pulled a real smile and spoke normally, "Just kidding. The others and I are looking for you. Jaq was in Cinderella's room the entire time, and then I told the others to look around. They should be back by now."
    Etrius then looked at the satchel that Luna was carrying for the first time. He looked back at her uncertainly.