Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Krowley Moderator

"The search party continue then! I'm Jake, and these are my associates; Yana, Karina, and whatshisname." He turned to Kross and striked a thinking gesture. "Klaus, I think?" from an observer's view, it would make Jake look rude, but in all honesty, he looked like he never even bothered to ask or very well listen at his introduction.
    "Fang," she replied. "Since you all are small enough to go undetected, I'm assigning you to making sure the eggs are safe." She awaited for everyone to have climbed safely aboard her should before continuing. Jake and Yana were on the left, while Kross and Karina were stationed at the right. "Leave McLeach to me..." Confident in her abilities, she took a giant leap at the mountainous terrain in front of her, and began to perform some rough parkour. She didn't show to be struggling that much, and was only cautious at any narrow edges She circled around the tight corner, looking to the skies overhead.
    "I last spotted the creature flying somewhere around here. Hopefully I'll be able to spot it again. After, mama bird will lead her to the eggs and the boy."

~MISSION START~ IV. To the Nest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tempo of the elephants had sped up, but could still me strategically manipulated with the right rhythm. Out of the corner of his left eye, he noticed the healthy rivalry between Base and Shapur. While it was albeit competitive, they were at least receding the number of opponents. More so than Krowley was. For a large portion of his life, he always had a "Lie and wait" strategy, even when gaining the ability to use the keyblade. Yet these two, and wielders he had encountered previously had gone in head first and come out victorious. It all seemed so basic to him, that he never really considered it. Everything always needed to be planned or negotiated before he went into action. This time he thought, he may as well go with the flow. In this world, there was no sign of Nequa, Aux or Vanitas. Just Heartless and odd elephant illusions. With that in mind, he quickly charged forward and went nuts with the offensive, dealing combo after combo on whatever florescent enemy he saw. The bubbles were durable but not so resilient allowing them to fall easy after roughly 5 hits. Even in combat, Krowley kept his mental thinking to mix in with his instinct. Before he could count, he had already popped four of the elephants and proceeded to a fifth. The fifth was a giant, preparing to slam it's mighty trunk on him. He parried it with a guard and quickly jumped back, attacking the head. Seeing the manifestation was dizzy, he continued striking the head, not bothering with the heavy body. With enough persistence, he eventually popped this elephant as well, but being blown back a bit by the aftermath of the air inside the bubble.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Shapur swung his keyblade at a large elephant, knocking it off balance and crushing two small elephants that laid below it. Shapur smirked before turning around and spotting two more elephants. He gestured for them to come to him. Once they began their charge, Shapur simply stood still, gesturing for them to come. Once they neared his position, he jumped out of the way, causing the elephants to pass him before lashing out with his keyblade, destroying one of them. Shapur chuckled. These things were just too weak. As the second elephant turned to charge him again, Shapur pointed his keyblade at it. "Force." A black mass surrounded the elephant before it was crushed under the weight of Shapur's "Gravity" spell. The enemies were now few. This was their chance to finish it.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

OOC: Let's try this again

"Why you." Channeling his power into his keyblade, Kel unleashed a devastating combo onto Lucifer.

4. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Etrius saw Steel fall and his Keyblade disappear. He grew angry. After Kel finished his attack, Etrius flew past him and Luna, shrieking and swearing in anger. More darkness poured out, and his eyes had started to glow red. His skin soon took a darkish tint, and the way he moved made him look like a mutated Neoshadow. Etrius had started feeling weak. "I will not let this cat take us out." He thought, then he snarled as he attacked, screaming, "YOU WILL NEVER HURT MY FRIENDS!"
    He struck the animal in the head, hoping that it caused major damage.

5. Krowley Moderator

6. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Base watched Shapur with an impressed expression as the warrior dispel the Gravity spell very effectively, and he had seen Yen Sid at work many times! He was just about to offer a round of applause when he spotted one the few remaining Elephants smiling eerily at him and waving with its stump of a arm, lacking any sort of semblance of digits besides some pink toenails. It was as though the Elephant was taunting him and drawing Base out through fear. Of course, he'd been fighting long enough that the smarmy Elephant did little to his ego except chill his marrow a little; it really was a very creepy grin it had on its face. Base would allow it no dominion over him, he took a sure step towards the beast.

As soon as he did this, the Elephant gave a small leap away from Base, keeping the distance between them at a veritable equilibrium. "Cute..." Base said more to himself than to the Elephant; this was really starting to get on his nerves. The Elephant's grin broadened into one of pure glee, and thus, it dashed away at lightning speed on its tippy-toes. It leaped away with bounds, leaving Base to give chase, his teeth gnashing together inside his mouth. He followed it as it hurried away, through vast regions of black space that seemed to have no end. Surrounded by nothing but empty space, Base realized he had been tricked. There was no one around in sight except for the Elephant.

Base was furious as the Elephant clutched its sides and laughed as it blared its trunk like a sputtering trumpet. Within a moment, the Pink Elephant had split into halves and the halves became two separate wholes of two different small elephants; one looked predominantly male, and the other was shorter and resembled what might have been the female variation of what Pink Elephants looked like. Base was just about to strike when the two of them clang to each other and started to dance as the music took on a Samba rhythm and melody. Base was taken aback as the two started to dance together in a Latin American style and seemed oblivious of the fact he was even there. Soon, they drew near to him and separated, as they parted ways, with one going left and one going right of Base.

Base looked from left to right and on both sides, he saw an elephant strike a pose, and made it look like they were ready to dash towards the center. Base caught on right away what they intended to do and tried not to panic. However, when they both turned into Pink Elephant racing cars, that was when he really started to worry; he heard their engines rumbling as they revved up. Base knew he was powerless to move, because if he went one way, there would be another car to hit him wherever he went. Basically, he knew he was stuck, and smack dab in the middle! Then they sprang forward as their opposite engines gave mighty roars and they hurled headlong towards him! They seemed to be going at an equal rate, and at an equal rate- He knew what to do! He waited for them both to get close enough, and at the very last moment, Base leaped out of the way, jumping to the front and far enough that the two chargers crashed into one another with a messy metallic clatter.

Base did not have time for a sigh of relief though. The music came back with a maddening burst as wave after wave of Elephants came rushing in around him in all manners of vehicles. Planes, trains, automobiles, flying carpets, water skis, and you-name-its. A bypassing Pink Elephant on a snowboard walloped Base in the face as the two came into contact, and this drove the Keyblader off the edge. He cast cure on himself and the bruises and fatigue disappeared. With swing after swing, blow for blow, he swung at the crossing motorists who crossed his path again and again. One, two, the Pink Elephant pair that had turned into cars, three, the train, four,the water skier, five, the snowboarder, and silence. All around him, there was silence, as the parade had finally come to a close.

"Finally..." He choked out, out of breath and dry-mouthed.

(OOC: 0/50 Remaining Pink Elephants.)

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel's body went numb; the pain subsided as he fell to the ground. His keyblade disappeared from his hands in a flash of light. Darkness seeped from his skin; it rose into the air like black smoke. It grew into a pool of blackness beneath his body, and he slowly sank inside. His cape, however, remained; it's torn fabric swirling above the Dark pit, waiting....

8. Doukuro Chaser

When introduced Yana nodded at Fang before turning her focus forward as she waited for them move. In the meantime they learned that this woman was named Fang and assigned them to the eggs. It was a smart play but it also left Fang to take down the bird when they were distracted. Though if they were lucky it was possible that they could secure the eggs while she took down the hunter, leaving only herself to deal with if, in fact, she was using them.

Satisfied with that plan of action Yana clung to Fang's shirt as the woman moved quickly and impressively through the rock, making good time. It wasn't perfectly but well enough to show that she had to be used to this type of terrain. Then they both looked to the skies. The bird wasn't in sight but it sounded like they should be seeing her soon.

"A golden bird... Can't be hard to find."

9. Aelin Best Waifu

Karina nodded after hearing the plan. She would do whatever it took to protect those eggs. If it was her mission it was a mission she planned to complete. Karina stared up into the sky watching for the bird hoping it would come in site soon.

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna saw Steel faint to the ground. "No! Steel!" Luna scowled at the cat. "You're gonna pay for hurting my friend!!" She ran up to the cat and slashed him as strong as she could.

11. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

Kross held on, arching his back forward to get more grounded on Fang's shoulder. He lightly laughed as Jake introduced him as 'Klaus'."Close enough."He said with a bright grin. He lightly gasped as Fang took off, holding on as tight as his little hands could. He heard Fang's plan and he nodded twice."Okay, we'll protect the eggs, you gonna be okay though Fang? I know you're tough, but this man is evil.."He trailed off when she stopped, nodding to her words."All right, the eggs are our priority and so is the mama bird, we'll leave the boy and mcleach to you Fang."

12. Krowley Moderator

Fang's hand perched her forehead in protection of the sun. "Don't have to tell me about that man's cruelty. You could cover a room in all that fur." She continued to watch while as the others did across the outward open skies. Jake was becoming relentless in their efforts and began to show signs of hopelessness.
    "This is gettin' on me nerves. Like trying to find a tadpole in an ocean. I think we should-"
    "There it is!" Fang pointed to a very distant unidentified flyer in the sky. "That's got be her!" she exclaimed in relief. "Let's get a move on then."
    In disgruntled, but also satisfied content, Jake agreed. "Well obviously we were going to spot it eventually. I'm just saying, we should of just, you know, gotten a good surrounding of the area..." Fang continued to climb up, while keeping a track on the flying creature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~MISSION COMPLETE~ III. Pink Elephants

Base leveled up!
    Learned Thunder!
    Base Leveled up!
    Learned Magic Lock-On!
    AP Increased by 1!

Krowley leveled up!

Shapur leveled up!
    Shapur leveled up!
    Learned Dodge Roll!
    Learned Guard!
    AP Increased by 1!

With the sudden and final clash of the bubble formed menaces, a bright florescent flash was shown, blinding the wielders. A flash bright enough to damage the senses, but quick enough to make it seem as if it were all a dream. The once bouncy and bumbling foes, were now dismissed, leaving behind only their remains a pink mist that had slowly begun to recede. Krowley reached his hand, as if trying to get a hold of the foreign material, wondering if it felt anything like a soapy substance, but alas, it just felt like air. The funny thing is, it still felt as though his mind was being toyed with. A construed and interactive arrangement was seen and fought before his eyes, and had left with what seemed like minutes of battle. They came and fled, just like a parade.

"Finally," Base spoke out. Taking acknowledgement of his comrades, he looked at them through his visor, and back to where the elephants had previously been. A haunting notion had suddenly entered his mind when doing so; Dumbo was nowhere to be seen. "Where's the little elephant," he asked the rest of the party in alarm. The entire time they were trying to protect him, Dumbo had escaped their sight, along with Timothy the Mouse. The kennel was now empty, with no one but the party and the hay bails.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. Doukuro Chaser

With the bird now in sight things were looking more set in motion. Their speed picked up and she had hopes that they would be the first one to the nest, as that hunter wasn't even in sight. No need to jinx it now though. "Is she descending?"

14. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Shapur called off his keyblade and immediately turned around when Krowley said that Dumbo was gone. "What!?" His target was gone and now a mission failure was very likely. "We have to find him!" His determination overpowered his anger at losing his and Base's little contest.

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

While Aden attacked a particular pesky Heartless, he failed to notice a group of them closing in around him. By the time he saw, it was too late. The Heartless surrounded him and started to attack him all at once. Whenever he struck one down, it seemed that two more came to take its place. He was starting to take some serious damage from their attacks.

"HEY!" Aden shouted to his comrades over the Heartless. "SOME HELP WOULD BE NICE RIGHT NOW!"

{No, really, it's been almost a week since someone besides me posted in this world. COME. ON.}

16. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

{Hey, .:tale_wind, how many more Heartless do you have to go?}

Base sent his Keyblade back to wherever as he watched the phantasms pass away, and it was revealed Shapur and Krowley were in fact in sight, and not only in sight, but also very close. The Elephants' deceptions dispelled, Base was left thankfully disenchanted by the mess, and he closed the distance between his compatriots and himself. He listened to the question Krowley had and was suddenly thrown into shock. When Shapur had something to say about it, he likewise forgot he had bested the warrior in a battle of acquired headcounts. His breathless yet triumphant face turned into a concerned expression as he gave the consideration of th disappearence great though.

"I'd like to say, "He can't have gotten far", but the truth is: we know nothing about those monsters we fought or what they were truly capable of." He thought a moment longer, stroking his index finger and thumb on his chin. "Just to be safe, we might want to check with Relena and the other animals around. We want to avoid human contact otherwise." He thought of the other trainers and how brutish they'd looked, as this thought mentally assured himself in his assumption. "Should we split up?" Base asked the other two. Truth be told though, he didn't want to be left alone, but if it meant finding that little grey elephant everybody seemed particular about, he'd do it without hesitation. "Regardless, I'm going to go see Relena now; see what she can tell me about what goes on around here. If she can't answer," Here he took a short pause, "Maybe some of the other animals might know something."

(OOC: To anyone that read what was posted here last night, I apologize. I really was Half-Asleep, so there was a mix of bad typing and just plain gibberish that didn't fit together. The truth is, I just wanted to have something posted before the end of the night. Unfortunately, it wound up that what I posted was useless because I couldn't even read it this morning, so I'd expect no one else to be able to. Oh well... fixed it.

Also, what Base wants and what Base gets can be two totally different things.)

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

Kel could tell that the cat was getting weaker. At this rate, it would take long before it fell. "Alright, let's finish this quick." Lifting his keyblade in the air, he charged at the cat before dealing a powerful blow to it.

18. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Etrius jumped back then jumped forward, attacking again. At this time countless memories more flowing through his head. His father and his teachers, seeing his family slain by the one individual....
    Then, some strange images entered. A mannequin in strange detached armor, tentacles, and physical trauma to the stomach, a large monster with bloody and rusty-looking armor and an incredibly large blade, and a girl Etrius' age in purple-silver armor, with short black hair, and fear-striken grey eyes, obviously being hunted by the latter two. Then, it was all static. Etrius stopped short of his attack. He shook his head trying to clear away the static. His mind started to reel. He attacked again and again. But he was not only getting weaker with every attacking stroke, he was loosing control of his darkness, because of the corruption around him.

19. Krowley Moderator

~MISSION COMPLETE~

• Etrius leveled up!
      - Etrius learned Fire!

Etrius leveled up!
      - Etrius learn Dodge Roll!
      - AP increased!

Etrius leveled up!

• Kel leveled up!

• Luna leveled up!

Luna leveled up!
      - Luna learned Dodge Roll!
      - Luna learned Combo!
      - AP Increased!

• Steel leveled up!
      - Steel learned Fire!

Steel leveled up!
      - Steel learn Dodge Roll!
      - AP increased!

Steel leveled up!

With the final strike, Lucifer was blown back to the wall. This not only knocked him physically, but mentally, as he was seeing stars. Within seconds, he shook at off and glared evilly at the party. All four were were in front of him, but like any male cat, he was bored with all the effort it took to subdue the group. With loud, scolding hiss, he ran out of the wardrobe room with his nose in the air and his tail in between his legs. "REAWR!!" he cried out in anger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Toy Soldiers fired shot after shot, causing a very loud, but store contained ruckus. Amidst it all, Basil and Dawson were dodging and racing through the crossfire.
    "B-basil, we must flee from the gunfire! The young chaps seem to be handling themselves well enough-"
    "Nonsense Doctor, i thought a war veteran like yourself would leap at the chance for battle!" While running, Basil examined their positioning and functionality. He began to mumble a few phrases to himself. "...vertical alignment... gun's power is 43.542...." With Dawson bumbling behind him and checking his rear to see if heartless were chasing, he bumped right into the detective, who remained vigilant standing while the Doctor fell down. "Of course, of course. Their predictability shall be their downfall, Dawson! Kindly step 3 paces to your right if you would.
    Confused but obedient, the Doctor did as he was told. "Like this, Basil?"
    "Spot on old bean!" He then ran to the higher ledge, climbing and climbing until he was near a brightly lit lamp. "Attention all infantry!" Basil cried out. "Sitting duck, thirty paces to the southwest of your position"
    As if on command, the heartless soldiers turned to Dawson and marched towards the mouse to get a more accurate shot.
    "Uh, Basil..." The Doctor called out nervously.
    Inattentive, he held pout his magnifying glass and held it near the light, angling it so very precisely. "Not yet..." Basil replied calmly.
    "Basil..." Dawson repeated. The hopping, legless militia were edging closer and closer.
    Unknown to the doctor, Basil had been aiming his magnifying class, from the light source, to a high point in the store. A hanging airplane to be exact. He was aiming, the magnified heat at the airplane's string, causing the very thin string to burn off. At least, this was Basil's intention, which he detected to be played out.
    With the soldiers now just under fifty centimeters away, the burning light snapped the string, causing the model plane to fall and crush the six heartless that were closing in on Dawson. The heartless were crushed under the large plane's weight and set their captured hearts to float away. Dawson let out a sigh of relief and took a knee.
    "Never doubt me Dawson!" he yelled back. "Isolating and exploiting weakness will win any game! It's how i used you as bait," he chuckled.

Aden learned Magnify!
    Eon learned Magnify!
    Raisor learned Magnify!

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Raisor stood dumbfounded at how Basil had gotten rid of the last of the toy soldiers. He was impressed that Basil could figure out how to do it so quickly, but at the same time, he was also slightly hoping for him to get a knocking upside the head for using Dawson as bait so easily. Oh well, all's well that ends well, right? Raisor thought to himself, wondering what their next move was.
    He looked around for Aden and Eon, hoping they were fine fighting the toys. Aden had gotten surrounded a minute ago, and Raisor had been so preoccupied with whatever was going through his head he completely forgot to help him.
    "Hey Aden, Eon, you guys alright? Quick sound off so we can get to Basil and have him show us where we're headed next."