KINGDOM HEARTS ReCoded: Interview from Nintendo Dream

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Mike Chaser

A new interview from Nintendo Dream has featured the directors (<strong>Tetsuya Nomura</strong>, Jun Katou and Hiroyuki Itoi) from KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Coded in a newly interview since it's release in Japan.

<a href="http://elwi.blog15.fc2.com" target="_blank">The Light in Chaos</a>" has posed this interview and the following tranlsations below has been translated by <strong>gold_panner</strong> from <a href="http://www.heartstation.org" target="-blank">Heart Station</a>

<blockquote>Coded was developed for use on mobile phones, but it wasn’t compatible on as many devices as they first planned. Particularly, there wasn’t a single compatible device overseas, which meant gamers outside Japan could not play.

Talks of remaking the game for the most widely used hardware, so that as many gamers as possible could play, began.

In the beginning, the plan was to port the game instead of remaking it. Howeber, h.a.n.d, the team who were asked to do it, still had knowledge from making Days and so it happened that they decided to make the game in proper 3D. Also, the way the cutscenes were presented and the growth system were changed, and as a result, it ended up being hugely remade where everything but the story was completely different.

The scedule they’d set when the plan was simply to make a port didn’t change, and so time-wise it was severe. The h.a.n.d staff were stationed permenantly, and the Osaka team who developed BbS collaborated too, so it’s like the title was made from the cooperation of the Tokyo, Osaka and Sapporo teams.

Days was made with particularly hard elements, and many people said that it was difficult. For that reason, they thought they would make this title something that felt light to play, not something that demanded technique.

The component of playing with a customisable character was left in, and for the action part, refreshing play was a point they kept in mind.

Specifically, the balance of enemies in Days was also hard, and if the player did not think cleverly about customisation and technique, the degree of difficulty got higher. However, this time they went with a cut-down design, and they also aimed to tighten the frequency of controlling with the directional pad.
    The original coded had an autojump feature too. Thanks to this, the puzzle action is much easier.

This title is the furthest of all the game so far in the timeline. It is a sequel which establishes the contents of the letter from the King in the KHII ending.

Rather than an adventure in which you travel near and far through the worlds, this game has an impression of making worlds to travel in.

Also, amongst the titles in the KH series, there is a regular pattern of solving past mysteries only to give rise to new mysteries. In this title, the mystery of the erasure of Jiminy’s Journal in CoM is settled.

And then, this gives rise to the setting of worlds within the data of Jiminy’s Journal.

The Sora in this title was reanimated through data, and so (in the very beginning) he is as he was before the journey of KH began. This is so he is at level 1.
    Nomura: It’s very difficult, thinking of reasons for Sora to return to level 1 each time (laughs)

They thought they’d make a side link that only the gamers who also played all three games would understand. It takes the shape of summarising everything in the end of Coded.

Coded is unique within the series. It does not have a story in which emotions fluctuate intensely, but there were people who conversely thought this was good.</blockquote>

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Scarred Nobody
      Scarred Nobody
      This is my opinion speaking, but I belive that it was the emotional intensity that made the story line to all fo the games thus far so good. Still, it would be rather difficult for them to incorperate it in this particular story and it would be a disaster if they did. Now I'm very intersted in playing this game; I was well inversted before, but now it seems even more interesting. I already spoiled the secret conversation, but now I have to know what's actually going to happen in this installment.
    2. Arch
      Arch
      So Coded truly is the latest in the timeline...only makes me wonder where 3D fits in. I find it amusing that Nomura actually thinks about the gameplay itself as well. He not only plays the games himself but thinks of reasons of why a character should return to level 1. XD Still, I don't think this interview gives much detail about plot...other than indirectly saying that 3D isn't going to take place after Coded(since there's always the possibility of pulling the same plot device out again).
    3. kingdom_hearts_loverXX
      kingdom_hearts_loverXX
      To me the puzzle elements of this game was kind of a turnoff while playing the JAP version; But I'm glad they did decide to because the game would have been just as tedious as Days. I am getting this game though and hopefully 3D and KH3 will be ten times better. ^^
    4. ChaosFinale
      ChaosFinale
      If Coded is the latest in the storyline than where does 3D come into play? Unless it's a cover up for it's real name, KH3.
    5. Solid Snake
      Solid Snake
      Days was hard? This is news to me.

EDIT: Missed this.

I know what 3D is going to be about now. xD
    6. roxvenlove125
      roxvenlove125
      Haha, I always wonder how they come up with ways to explain Sora going back to level 1 :] I can only take so much before I have to go, "Ugh, really? Again?" Let's hope they don't lose their touch.
      Okay, so, now I know I probably won't be crying much during the game, which stuns me a bit. It'll be an interesting and different approach, though it shouldn't be too different, hopefully. It's definitely worth buying to me, since it explains why Jiminy's journal suddenly went blank in KH2, even though it didn't really bother me so much, and hopefully other things. I'm hoping there will be other mysteries in this game that will be answered in other upcoming games. I'm also hoping alot of shocking and epic scenes... please don't take those away, Nomura.

I hope a bit too much <3
    7. Maggy
      Maggy
      KH 3D is after Re:Coded
    8. Mixt
      Mixt
      Why is everyone assuming this means after 3D? They said "so far" 3D isn't released yet and they have been very secretive about it so we don't really know where it goes.

I wonder how long it is going to be before I'm trying to borrow this game from my friend. I'm planning to save my money for a 3DS when they come out, but it is going to be hard to hold out on that.