KINGDOM HEARTS ReCoded: Confirmed by S-E Twitter

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Mike Chaser

[​IMG]

Fans have been waiting for more news regarding KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, but now another title has been confirmed for the series.

Today, the official Twitter for Square-Enix (EU) has confirmed their line up list for E3 2010.

We have found out that KINGDOM HEARTS ReCoded will in fact be showcased at E3 2010. Along with founding out this announcement, KINGDOM HEARTS ReCoded is set for the Nintendo DS.

You have heard it here first!
    Sora's journey in KINGDOM HEARTS II has drawn to a close, and now a new tale is set to begin. Jiminy Cricket is looking over the journal he used to document his first adventure with Sora when he discovers a mysterious message. He didn't write it — so how on earth did it get there? King Mickey is determined to find out, so he and his friends decide to digitize the journal and delve into its deepest secrets. Inside this "datascape" dwells a second Sora who is about to embark on a grand adventure of his very own.

For more information on KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded, please visit the Square Enix E3 site at: http://na.square-enix.com/events/e310/.

Source: http://twitter.com/SQUARE_ENIX_EU

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
      Yo mike I sent you a PM. You should let the members know that a NEW KH title will be announced at E3 by Nomura himself.
    2. Mike
      Mike
      That is the title...
      And I have mentioned it in previous posts.
      Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on that.
    3. theogary
      theogary
      Right, because...y'know...358/2 Days was so fantastic, we really needed another KH title on the DS. *sigh* At least it's just a remake and not a new game. That lessens my annoyance somewhat.
    4. Alex856
      Alex856
      So Jefe was indeed right... xD

I really don't know why people hate days so much, It was a great game, the only letdown of it was that it didn't had the PS2 graphics >.>
      But it was still a great game...

Also this are great news for me since I don't own a PSP (which means BBS is far out of my reach for who knows how long) >.>
    5. theogary
      theogary
      I hated it because I thought the mission structure was almost unbearably tedious. And yes, the standard ingame graphics, though good for the DS, were very ugly. They were about on par with the earliest Nintendo 64 games.

I also REALLY hated Xion, but that's a whole other can of worms and irrelevant to this thread.
    6. Kubo
      Kubo
      That might be the best news I've heard the whole year from you!
      Can't wait.

Good job Mike.
    7. Umiyuri Papaeyra
      Umiyuri Papaeyra
      DS? Really!?

...Is there any hope of a UK release yet?
    8. ChaosFinale
      ChaosFinale
      Anyone know what the story revolves around in this game for the DS? Is it the one with Sora's Memories or something?
    9. raszero
      raszero
      I can assume so :D
    10. kngdmhrts2
      kngdmhrts2
      Why the attack just coz its gonna be on DS?

Just be glad we're getting the english version in the first place. Ok sure when they went from CoM to Re:CoM, they made it 3D, but thats coz people were demanding for a 3D version...square-enix do listen...sometimes (bringing the Final Mix versions into this is pointless really now).

And right from the start we've been demanding for KH:Coded to be released outside of Japan, and now we are.

As for the choice of which console, I expect square-enix wanted to keep the game as close to a "mobile experience" as possible since it'd be stupid to release it on only mobiles outside of japan, and the closest thing to it really is the DS.

So whether it was DS/PSP, or even it did come out on PS2/3, just be glad we're getting it.
    11. rikuroxs99
      rikuroxs99
      It is kh:coded but for the DS.
    12. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      Fantastic! Yet another opportunity for me to use my DSi XL. Keep us updated~ ​
    13. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Holy Kneazle! SE Europe made the announcement! That means that we will get it in Europe as well!

Best damn news!
    14. SoKuRi777
      SoKuRi777
      Well this is neat
    15. Mike
      Mike
      More information...

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded
      Developer: Square Enix Co., Ltd./h.a.n.d. Inc.
      Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
      Platforms: Nintendo DS
      Genre: Action RPG
      ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
      Ship Date: TBD

Sora's journey in KINGDOM HEARTS II has drawn to a close, and now a new tale is set to begin. Jiminy Cricket is looking over the journal he used to document his first adventure with Sora when he discovers a mysterious message. He didn't write it — so how on earth did it get there? King Mickey is determined to find out, so he and his friends decide to digitize the journal and delve into its deepest secrets. Inside this "datascape" dwells a second Sora who is about to embark on a grand adventure of his very own.

For more information on KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded, please visit the Square Enix E3 site at: http://na.square-enix.com/events/e310/.
    16. Misty
      Misty
      Also just fyi to those who are saying things about hope for a UK release, the DS is not region specific if I remember correctly, which in layman's terms means that even if they only bring it to North America, if you import it you can play it on your DS just as you would any other game.

But cool news, I might actually get this one. :]
    17. Invader Jack
      Invader Jack
      Oh heck yes I'm so excited!!! Man, right before this was confirmed, I was very close to just giving up hope and watching all the cutscenes on YouTube, thereby spoiling the entire game for myself before being able to play it. That would have sucked. Although, I do already know what happens in the ending...
      How we find out what the letter from the ending of KH2 says. Luckily I don't know what it says yet, but I know that you're supposed to find out.
      Oh well. I'm also really happy about it coming out on the DS!! Now I'll just have to cross my fingers for it to be released before Birth By Sleep! *already knows it won't happen...*
    18. Egypt
      Egypt
      I'm very happy that its coming out on DS! I just beat 358/2 Days. I am so looking forward for this.
    19. SpazticFantaztic >:3
      SpazticFantaztic >:3
      Cool, it' for the DS, a system I actually have. Still, though, is that one of the two new Kingdom Hearts games Nomura was talking about, or just a remake and the other two games are still a mystery? Even if it is part of it, that still means one more game with an original story!

I just hope SE is going to be revealing another KH game at E3.