Chain of Memories Kingdom Hearts: RE: Chain of Memories best/worst english voice

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Bond of Flame, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

I just watched some cut-scenes here, and I must say.. Some english voices are really good, but some bug the heck out of me.

The best english voice in my opinion is probably Vexen, or Marluxia.
    The worst english voice I think is Zexion, Xehanort's Heartless and Sora XD

What do you think?

2. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

i agree with you. especially with sora's voice.

3. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

For me, the best was probably Vexen. They did an excellent job with his voice. The worst was either Marluxia or Zexion. Neither of them sounded anything close to what I'd imagined they would, and I was pretty disappointed when I watched one of the videos one YouTube. I remember thinking how glad I was I already had the Japanese version.

4. Ultimecia sorceress

Partial agreement here.

I loved how Vexens voice sounded, it just suited him so well.

Larxene's voice needed work. More anger should have been put into it when she was angry, and when she wasn't it just sounded awkward.

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

the right word i think, for Larxene's voice, it needed to be more "sadistic" :)

6. Maddy<3Seifer Destiny Islands Resident

Axel's voice is REALLY different... is he done by another voice actor???
    but i love Marly's voice :3

7. Egypt Twilight Town Denizen

I love all of their voices but the only one I didn't like that will was Axel.

8. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

No, Quinton Flynn continued his VA as Axel. He just used a different tone in the voice. You know not so friendly and more hostile.

9. Shizzy Gummi Ship Junkie

I think the best voices are Larxene & Marluxia.
    The worst is Sora, older voice with younger body just don't mix...

10. Nubrian Destiny Islands Resident

i didnt like that the world cutscenes didnt have voices. but i like all the different layouts of the levels it can be all random or be all of one card. its like a giant surprise.

11. Mike Chaser

I can't say that any were bad.
    I think the VA's were great.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

Meh, Sora's voice threw me off a lot when I first watched it. Because at the very end of the first , he still has that kid voice. And then he walks into the castle, and wabam! Deep manly voice kicks in. O.o It's like he went through puberty in about one day. o.o

I kind of like Larxene's voice the best. The voice actor did a really good job with making Larxene's voice really stick out.

13. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

well, i didn't find any voices BAD. only DiZ and Ansem the Fake but that's all.
    Sora's English voice didn't match his face but i'm glad they only used Haley Joel so far.
    Riku's was absolutely perfect. i'm glad the kept the same voice actor for him,too.
    Zexion's was perfect, just the way i had imagined it. very Regenaldy xDDDD
    Larxene's was the worst i think.
    the best was Axel. so fitting xDDDD
    then it'd be Marluxia. it wasn't EXACTLY how i imagined it but yet it's still perfect for him

14. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

i thought it suited her perfectly. she had a sassay attitude and her voice was sassy too.

15. Count DiZ Traverse Town Homebody

Vexen's voice bothered me. I figured he'd be British like Luxord, but Vexen sounds... weird. His japanese voice was excellent.

16. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

The only voice in this game that really bugged me was Namine's. Brittany Snow is MUCH better as her VA I think... I felt like her new VA overacted sometimes. It just made Namine seem annoying, which is sad cause I like her in KHII.

17. The Joker Gummi Ship Junkie

I enjoyed them all, but if I had to say one it would be Sora. RE: Chain of Memories is meant to be a prequal for Kingdom Hearts II, yet somehow I sometimes think Sora sounds older when he probally should sound younger.

18. Kh2Riku1 Merlin's Housekeeper

The only voice that I didn't like was Namine's, for most of the same reasons fadedphantom gave. Well, DiZ's voice bugged me to, after hearing his KH2 voice, it sounded horrible to me.
    Sora voice didn't bother me, I guess I've played Kh2 so often, his older voice just seems right to me. And if you look close, he does look slightly older.
    I couldn't really pick a favorite, because the rest were relly good. Though I must admit, I liked Vexen's VA.

19. Daydreamer

I think the best voice done was for Riku.
    For Naminé though, the voice acting done for her wasn't so pleasant. I thought the voice matched her though. Next in line for worst was Axel.

20. GameFreak12389 Traverse Town Homebody

People shouldnt have a problem with Sora's voice. You only have a problem with it cause youre used to 14 year old Sora with a younger voice and that body with the older voice doesnt mix. I actually enjoy it. Wasnt the person that voiced Sora in Japan already past puberty when he voiced Sora in KHI? So it probably sounded the same in KHII.

The only voice that Im not too found of was the new VA for Namine. I thought Brittany Snow was perfect for Namine. This new girl was good at parts but sometimes it just wasnt as good. I hope they either recast Brittany Snow as Namine in Days, or this new girl tries a new approach with the voice.

I loved Marluxia's VA. But dont like that they pronounce his name Mar-Loo-Sha. lol I always pronounced it Mar-loox-ia. But whatever. Im cool with it.

I liked Zexions voice. That guy did a good job. Sounded just like I thought it would.

Vexen was really good. It sounded exactly like I imagined.

Larxene was decent. When I first heard her voice, I thought I was watching a Wendy's commercial since it is the same person. lol I liked Larxenes voice. It's like she's got a really tough attitude but with a very cutesy sound. Its interesting. lol

David Gallagher did an amazing job with Riku once again. He's perfect for Riku.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.