kingdom hearts movie

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by cloudfinalfantasy, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapifors Merlin's Housekeeper

Kingdom Hearts is a bit too epic to be squashed into an hour and a half of film. People who hadn't played the games might not really understand what was going on - if you look at the amount of gameplay time you clock, it's usually a lot, lot longer than your average film. Also, remember what happened when they tried to make Silent Hill into a movie? Oish.

Also, to whoever said they should take out the Disney characters... well, that gets rid of... just about the entire thing, really. Especially for the first game. It wouldn't be the same concept at all.

But, now I say that... personally I'd love to see a Kingdom Hearts film!

2. Rufus Hollow Bastion Committee

Dude, that'd be so awesome =3 I'd go see it xD

3. stevik7 Merlin's Housekeeper

yeah if they made a movie i would most def buy it.. just hopefully they dont ruin the series with it

4. bennyjr123 Destiny Islands Resident

I've heard alot of rumors about this, and i definitly think it would be great if they found the right director. It would suck as a live action movie tho. They can't really take the disney characters out, cuz then there would be no story. I would defintily be hard to fit it all into one movie. They would probably cut some parts out. But f it fit under 3 hours it could make a good movie. Also, for someone who said ppl who ddn't play the game would not understand, yes they would cuz they would explain everything in the movie. Oh, and they would not have to use new voice actors, cuz they can just use computerized voices. Thats what they do for many of the disney characters in the second game.

5. cloudfinalfantasy3 Twilight Town Denizen

Wow is my thread is still up lol but i still would buy it i would work for a long time thoe lol jk.

6. lapifors Merlin's Housekeeper

I'd love to see them explain about 40+ hours of gameplay plot in under three hours. Final Fantasy: Advent Children is a good example of this. Had I not been watching it with someone who'd played the game beforehand and so could explain half the situations to me, I'd have no idea about half of the plotline behind it all, despite the fact they tried to summarise the plotline of FFVII in the opening sequence.

Last night I actually tried to summarise the events of KH, and although it started out okay, I kept realising I was leaving out vital details that made the plot make sense. By the time I was done... well, I actually gave up, because it just kept on getting longer and longer and longer. Same would go if, say they made a film set after KHIII, because you can't summarise about four videogames in a simple introduction to the whole Kingdom Hearts idea...

7. bennyjr123 Destiny Islands Resident

But think about it, it would be just like making a movie from harry potter. If u seen the movies u saw how much they leave out, and ppl still love it. Of course they would leave somethings out. And the reason why the game takes so long is cuz ur actually playing it. If u watch all the cutscenes, it doesn't take very long. It would be very easy for them to do that in around 3 and a half hours.

8. Sorafan60 Gummi Ship Junkie

It would suck as a live action, CGI would be way more better. I love the idea of a Kingdom hearts movie!!!!! If they do come out with one, I would beg and plead for my parents to get me it!!!!!!! But that's only if I hear really good reviews about it. They wouldn't really have to get new voices either, they can reuse the ones in the games, but just put them into the movie.

9. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

It would have to be CGI, most likely. If it isn't it won't do too well.

10. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

Gread idea

Well, they made a Kingdom Hearts manga, if they make a movie like Advent Children, i'd get it!

11. megank1994 Moogle Assistant

Hey I think that is a great Idea :)

12. WitchNamine Merlin's Housekeeper

No. Just no. You can't compare Harry Potter and kh. Reading Harry Potter does not take even half as much time as playing kh does. Then, for Harry potter, it gets shorter because in movies you don't need descriptions like you do in books (plus the Harry Potter movies sucked anyways, so...). They could leave anything that's unnessicary out of a kh movie, and it would still be too long. They'd have to start taking out important things. And don't forget, it's not just the cutscenes they'd have to put in a movie, They have to put the actual battles in there too... And if you add up all the times of the cutscenes, it's already over 3 hours... almost 3 and a half.

13. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Apparently there is a movie in the works.

Kingdom Hearts Movie

Also, Square-Enix is *not* going to be involved with the production, it's strictly a Disney-directed film---that can't be good.

14. Ilikekeyblades Merlin's Housekeeper

oh poo oh god oh heck... I think im gonna fall over half-dead, twirling and cursing disney.

15. Storrini Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm sure Disney will take it seriously, and not make it some corny movie with a wierd plot that's not from KH.

Though I wish it had some Chain of Memories in it at least. But I guess if you're gonna animate the first game that's enough as it is. D:

16. Person Destiny Islands Resident

all i can say is, it better be good, or there's going to be a lot of angry KH fans.
    personally i wish it could be done cgi like advent children :(

17. Gamer901 Merlin's Housekeeper

That article cant be right. If you look, youll see that its from June 2002, before Kingdom Hearts even came out (well in the US anyway), so either development has been slower than a snail, or it never got off the ground to begin with.

I would enjoy seeing a KH movie though, but if they do, I doubt square will be able to fight from having disney work on it.

18. bennyjr123 Destiny Islands Resident

i don't think its a good idea for disney to do it alone because disney is waaay to big on advertising themselves, so there you can count on seeing more disney stuff in the movie. Also, they could definitly pull it off around three hours. Regardless if fans want them to take things out, it is unavoidable. They would probably take stuff out like deep jungle, and possibly another.

19. Kiburedo Traverse Town Homebody

if they took out some of the worlds that have nothing to do with the story, it MIGHT be a little shorter, but if i recall there werent that many.

anyway, i did watch FF7 AC and i dint get half of it. (didnt play FF7) it was a good movie none the less, but it did piss me off that i didnt know what was going on, why people were doin this, who some of the people were, reasons behind their motives etc.

20. bennyjr123 Destiny Islands Resident

The difference is, they didn't start with final fantasy movies, until there were already several games, and they did not start with the first one. Kingdom hearts would be a completely introduced movie. They would'nt have any choice but to introduce the characters just like in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.