Kingdom Hearts II Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts II - Question Regarding Cure / Cura / Curaga

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Amaury, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

All right, so I know how much physical damage the main characters do (Sora, Donald, and Goofy) depends on the weapon (e.g.: Adamant Shield will do more damage than Knight's Shield), and I know that the more MP any character has -- in Kingdom Hearts, anyway -- makes them do more damage with their magic attacks. (For special attacks, like Goofy's Tornado, I'm not sure if it goes in the physical category or the magic category.)

However, how does Cure / Cura / Curaga work in both games?
    Is it based on itself, character level, MP (1st game), magic stat (2nd game), or the weapon?

I think it's based on the weapon in Kingdom Hearts II, as I've seen Donald not heal that much with Donald Cure in the later parts if it's Mage's Staff throughout the game, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.

2. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

MP is actually shows how much magic can be cast before it has to be recharged.

It's been a while since I've played, but let's say Fire uses 10 MP per use, and you have 100 MP to start with. If you cast Fire once, you have 90 MP left. Cast it again, then you have 80. So on and so forth.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

That wasn't my question, though.

What depends on how much Cure / Cura / Curaga heals?

4. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh. Sorry.

Well, nothing really changes how much each heals, I think. I believe, in KH2, Cure heals 1/3 of your health, Cura heals 2/3, and Curaga heals completely.

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

This.
    The Cure spells (and all spells) deal more damage/restore more HP as you upgrade them into the -ra and -ga incarnations.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

If that's true, then if Donald's Donald Cure is always Cura in Kingdom Hearts II, why does it heal more when upgrades to his staffs are made?

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Whoops, forgot to mention:

The power of the spells also upgrades when the Magic stat is increased.
    Therefore, using Save the Queen/whateverthefukitis will do more damage than the base wand because it gives more of a boost to Magic.

8. Rhiscx Banned

This. The higher the magic stat, the more magic damage dealt, and the more HP is restored from the cure spell.

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

Ah, that makes sense.

For Kingdom Hearts, then, what's it based on?
    There's no "Magic" stat, so is it based on the spell itself?

10. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I believe the first Kingdom Hearts's Cure Spells is based on the upgrade itself.
    Something like Cure will restoure 40HP, Cura 60HP and Curaga will fully restoure your life.

-Not too sure about the restoured HP (I pick the Potions HP restoures value), but the magic will be upgraded, changing the name, will change the HitPoints that will be restoured, and won't change the HP recovery unless you get the upgrade, I believe.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

In KH1 your magic stat is for both your MP and for magic and summon effectiveness. In kingdom hearts 2 the MP stat and the magic stat become distinct from each other but conceptually are pretty much the same.

THIS guide has some insight into the KH1 calculations. I can't quickly find one of similar nature for KH2, but the idea is similar. The higher levels of a spell make the spell work slightly differently to make it stronger. The magic stat works within that calculation to determine the power of the result. Magic increases with your level, is a stat on various equipment, and is available in Magic Boosts. Note that physical prperties of the spell like the area of effect can only change with a spell upgrade.

12. SoXra Merlin's Housekeeper

Why did they choose this?

It's pretty dumb that you can't choose who are you using the cure. you have to be close to your friends it to heal em :(

13. sonicfan23 Traverse Town Homebody

To answer the original question, this is what I remember from KH2:

In KH2, (for Sora at least) if you use the Cure/Cura/Curaga Shortcut, it fully heal's Sora, and restores some (if not all) of the HP of Party Members around him, the range of the circle that heals party members growing with each upgrade. And, if you choose someone else to heal from the command menu, then it heals them full health (I think) and if you're in said range, then you are healed as well. However, I don't know what it is for Donald Heal, sorry. Also, I completely forgot what it was for KH1, I haven't played that in a while.

I hope that answers you're question!