Kingdom Hearts III: The Revival (Working Title)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Soushirei, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Soushirei 運命の欠片

First off, MASSIVE kudos to you for noticing that particular detail before I could discuss it in my fic.

I won't go into too many details, but basically when King Cyril III abandoned the Kingdom of Ultair and left the refuge of the Land of the Dreamweavers (along with Kairi, and his three most trusted Chasers, Ventus, Ariannas and Atticus), he arrived at a world called Radiant Garden, yes?

The natural assumption to make regarding this is that despite whatever world we venture in, the timeline doesn't change and stays uniform. However, this is a heuristic notion that sometimes isn't always correct :3

I'll stop avoiding the question; not only did King Cyril and the others venture to another world called Radiant Garden, but they also traveled many decades years into the future. Call it coincidence (or fate, it's up to you ;p) that Kairi so happened to be Sora's age when she arrived at Destiny Islands, but essentially, think of it has warriors from an ancient past traveling blindly into a world of the future (that being Radiant Garden), but still being intertwined by fate.

Just an additional point, the aesthetics between the scenes of Birth By Sleep and the appearance of Radiant Garden helped inspire me to tackle this idea--as otherworldly power in the Land of the Dreamweavers seemed to be sourced from runes and majick, whereas a lot of the mystifying powers in Radiant Garden were interconnected with general modern-day science (something that wouldn't have been so understood or practiced during King Cyril's time).

Also keep in mind that now that you know this, when Sora and co. arrived at the Land of the Dreamweavers, they were literally traveling into the past. Please take the liberty to discern that one's biological clock and the element of time itself are independent of one another. This is why Kairi remained the same age even after transitioning from the Land of the Dreamweavers to Destiny Islands.

Sorry about Chapter 17! I'm aware that 3 months has passed, and it's sad that I haven't been able to get it out to you. October is midterm month, so it's been kinda rocky. September bears little to no excuse other than a lack of time and mood to write it, but I'm still hoping and intending to finish it. :3 Sorry for the massive delay.

And many thanks for the continued interest and questions. I'd be happy to answer them all when they come in.

2. Vex123 Traverse Town Homebody

Here's one thing I don't get: when Kairi's nobody, Namine, came into existence, she remembered the miracle phenomenon-thing and the chasers, but when Sora's nobody, Roxas, was created he had none of - wait, never mind, i guess i had to write it down to realize it. Namine remembers because Kairi lived through that, but Sora is just Ventus' reincarnation, so that's why Roxas didn't remember.

3. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Yeah, the important part to remember is that Sora is Roxas' reincarnation. Kairi, on the other hand, is the same Kairi who witnessed those events all those years ago, and thus Namine became something like a reservoir for her forgotten memories and abilities. Since Sora is a reincarnation, he has no engraved recollection of Ventus' life. Sora may be bound to Ventus by fate, or whatever belief people have about reincarnations, but they both lived completely different lives. That is why Roxas was required to enter the Room of Awakening to recover his memories and abilities.

Chapter 17 is almost done! I'm hoping to get it out to you guys sometime before the end of the week. We shall see how it goes.

Thanks for the continued support.

4. Soushirei 運命の欠片

^ -- so it seems. D:

But thankfully, here is Chapter 17. Sorry that what's to be found in it doesn't exactly merit a 3 month work, and I apologize greatly for that. Hopefully you all enjoy it regardless.

Oh, didn't have time to proofread this yet. I finished it around 1am last night (or well, this morning).

-- Chapter Seventeen --

5. Vex123 Traverse Town Homebody

Wow. Awesome Chapter. Thank You So Much. Oh, yeah.
    How could that be possible if Atticus is an orb?

6. Soushirei 運命の欠片

lmfao. Awesome semantic rebuttal. As much as I'd like to say "use your imagination", you make a good point. I'll make a note to change the phrasing on that line later.

7. oX Angel Xo Traverse Town Homebody

FLABBERGASTING!!!

i loved it!! finally, atleast they like, lovingly..embrrraced.. ;D

that was amazing! awesome chapter! thanks soush! *high five* now you can brag about being cool.

8. Forever Love Life Without Limits

To tell you the truth, I'm totally and completely speechless right now.
    All I can do is smile.
    Hehehe.
    Good job.
    No..
    EXCELLENT job.
    That was a very good chapter.
    The last part being the best.

<3

9. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Are you REALLY sure you want to know? O.o
    The first thing I must say is, Thank You. You've brought me so much joy today Soush... I'm absolutely brimming! 8D

Second is, this chapter was, once again, amazing. Although it wasn't as action-packed as I kind of hoped for, it was still a great read! I must wonder whether Ariannas might be one of Nemas's henchmen now...? But I suppose we'll find out in good time.

I did notice a couple of errors while I was reading, and figured that I should point them out to you...

1)
    It felt like you might have missed a word between "Completely" and "as"...

2)
    A simple typo perhaps?

3)
    Another typo...?

4)
    I think you might have meant "can.", since "no one else can't" means that everyone can... XD

Once again Soush, thanks so much for bringing out chapter 17. I'm glad to know you haven't given up!

...And just to annoy you for the sake of it... any vague ideas for the release of Chapter 18? X3

10. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. Before this fic makes it debut on FF.net, I am planning to have a clean-sweep through each chapter before I post them. KHV just gets the first taste of it, and sadly I make typo-errors like those often on the fly.

As for Chapter 18... *no clue*. I haven't even started writing it yet, but I have two midterms over the next two weeks so I can't promise Chapter 18 to release any time soon.

Thanks for the continued support, however. :3

11. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Ew, midterms... >.<. I had mine (plus a final for one of my courses) last week, it was unpleasant. DX

No problem, glad I could give a little help to your editing woes. XD

12. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Yay! This story is amaaazzzinggg.

I understand about midterms, but PLEASE don't make it another 3 months, I don't know if I can live.

I almost wish I would have come across this story after it was finished becuase the waits for the chapters are killing me.

13. Soushirei 運命の欠片

XD I'll try. My wish too is to get this story finished as soon as possible, but at the same time, I don't just want to write stuff down aimlessly for the sake of getting it finished--I know you all can understand where I'm coming from. :3

As far as Chapter 18 goes, I haven't decided exactly where the draw the line (probably either 18 or 19), but there will be a small time-gap between the training and the actual completion. Like Chapter 17 specified, Atticus says the training will take several months to complete. Chapter 18 will cover some of the training that Kairi and Sora undergo, but to give a detailed day-by-day training chapters is definitely not the best way to go about this, so by the latest, Chapter 20 will have reached the end of the training (i.e. few months will have passed). I felt it would be better that you all discover what Kairi and Sora have learned as they use them in actual battle in chapters to come.

But also bear in mind that the training chapter(s) will cover more than just Kairi and Sora's progress. There is still much that can be said and explained about Ventus' past, Atticus' past, etc. Hopefully you will all enjoy what there is still yet to be said regarding the people in Kairi's past.

14. khworld2 Moogle Assistant

D: That was an awesome chapter! : D I love Sora and Kairi at the end! They are too cute! Awesome job Soushirei ^_^

-Shiki <3

15. Vex123 Traverse Town Homebody

... awesome chapter though. You paint such an amazing picture with your words. You are a god. Though I would like to know what some characters wear.

16. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

Any chance of an update soon?

I'm speculating this all the time. It's like how I was before the 7th Harry Potter book!!

Okay, maybe a little less, but I still am.

Every time I see Kairi I think of your story.

I don't know why.

But PLEASE update soon!

17. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Thanks for the continued support. I try to get at least a paragraph in every now and then whe I can spare the time to work on it, but university life just blows for the most part.

Hope you all can forgive me for such long-intervaled posts. Unfortunately, Chapter 18 isn't all that far along, so it won't be coming out anytime soon.

18. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Hey Soush, just a question...

...Will we hear from Riku and Cloud ever again? They seemed to have just... dissapeared...

19. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Yeah, you will. I haven't forgotten about them. XD

20. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

=D

Yay.

I'm totally looking forward to this. Like, wow.

Like I said before, I seriously think this is the best KH Fan fiction I've ever read.