Kingdom Hearts II Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix Glitch Help

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Bgajdor1, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Bgajdor1 Moogle Assistant

I hope this is the right section to post this. If not, please move it appropriately.

This is the glitch I've been experiencing, and I'm wondering if anyone has find a way past it. I have a codebreaker if someone can provide a fix with a code. Thanks,

I went through the entire Cavern of Remembrance on Critical Mode after defeating Xemnas' first battle. I defeated the waves of nobodies and gained access to "Garden of Assemblage", the location of the Organization XII Data Battles. Upon leaving, it opens up the secret passageway to Garden of Assemblage which is much quicker than navgating all the way through Cavern of Remembrance.

Now here's the problem, upon beating Space Paranoids and Pride Lands after beating the game, the passageway to Garden of Assemblage closes. When I navigate through Cavern of Remembrance and attempt to leave Garden of Assemblage to reopen the shortcut, Sora falls forever.

I think the game wants you to beat space paranoids the second time before attempting cavern of remembrance, and since I did it in opposite order. It glitched out.

If anyone has a similar problem, and came up with a fix, please let me know. Thank you so much,

~ Ben

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That is rather strange. There likely is a way to make a code to do that but locating the right spot in the code to modify isn't the easiest thing to do. I'll take a quick look but my track record isn't good.

My only other suggestion is perhaps gliding through the doorway. It is possible that the door is still there but you miss it while running because you fall. If this is the case then you may be able to reactivate it that way.

My more realistic guess though is that there is different coding for the first use and for future uses. Since you activated it, the inside doesn't want to reopen it; but the way got re-closed on the outside for some reason so the second way is closed as well. Since it is told not to use both ways it knows how it does nothing and you run off the end of the map. Although I don't get why the game would reclose it since there are no modifications to that map.

3. Bgajdor1 Moogle Assistant

I believe the game recloses it and does modify the map when Hollow Bastion is inhabited with the heartless from Space Paranoids. It has to do with story-related events.

4. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

THIS HAS EXACTLY HAPPENED TO ME! You cannot reopen it! Its glitched forever. Unless there is so kind of code to reopen it it will never. When you leave from the glitch passage way make sure you hold the stick forward and jump. So just keeps pressing X as the map loads.

The passage closes when the towns security system starts attacking you. That event.

5. mindwarper11 Moogle Assistant

thanks for the heads up, cause knowing me I would pull this mistake right off the bat...

6. Bgajdor1 Moogle Assistant

I never really fixed it. But I decided to beat the game and never go back to Pride Lands or Space Paranoids. By doing that, I can still face all of the Organization XIII datas. However, this will leave you without the explosion ability, a great combo finisher. Since you unlock it by beating Space Paranoids the second time.

Instead, I used my codebreaker to cheat and unlock explosion anyways, so I guess I'm set now. Just unfortunate programming.

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Just make sure you beat all of space paranoids before you go to the cavern of remembrance that's all. or should I say before exiting that passage way from the data area that seals off.

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That's how I played and I never encountered it. My natural progression was to do all the story events before doing (much) side-questing.

I ran into some software issues the other day that I was looking into the code and will be busy for the next couple days, but now that I know this is more than an isolated event I'll definitely put some work in to find out a code. Though do any of you have the ability to send me a glitched save to test on? Just easier than me playing the whole game to get up to it.

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I might be able to. if I remember, with swap magic you can extract saves correct?

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Not sure. The Swap Magic I used to have didn't, but I know there was a different one for applying codes before the swap that might have a feature like that.

11. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Well to run a .elf with one of the buttons. I think its called "ulaunchelf" or something like that then it lets you access saves on the MEMcard and other things. I haven't used my softmoded PS2 in awhile.

12. CobaltTiger Moogle Assistant

Sorry to dredge up an absolutely ancient thread, but any chance there was a resolution to this? I just ran into it as well. Got plenty of access to just about anything but a save file, since I'm running PCSX2 -- although I'm sure there's a way to dump the save file even there.