Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix 60FPS Hack

Discussion in 'Video Showcase' started by Miles, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Data Roxas Battle is very noticeable. 4:14

Dailmotion really did cut the quality. I can upload a higher video bitrate of this or a download link if needed.

How is this done?
    Requires PCSX2. Have the "Half Game Speed" code on and press tab to double the frame-rate and it creates a smooth 60FPS movement in the game. Some people my not see difference between 30FPS and 60FPS. Same with 60Hz and 120Hz.

Pros and Cons
    Pro:
    Super smooth Gameplay

Cons (Since this is an unoffical way to do it, it will cause weird glitches that can't be helped)
    Need a fast computer
    Physics is weird at time
    Some special effects don't run at 60FPS
    Sounds effects and music can't keep up or too fast (That's because you are doubling the frame-rate when you press tab since the game speed code doesn't effect sound)

This is how a KH HD Collection would play like if they made it at 720P 60FPS instead of 1080p 30FPS (current)

Note:
    I'm getting slow downs because of recording with FRAPS which both PCSX2 and FRAPS take much of the CPU power.

I also had to upload it to DailyMotion because YouTube does not support 60FPS only 30FPS.

2. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Very nicely done. I can't get over how smooth everything looks. Can you tell any difference when you're playing?

3. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yes there is a big difference! It easier to see it when you are playing.

4. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Besides the looks? Does it actually play any slower or faster or besides the physics does it feel the same?

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

You could use PCSX2's built in capture, granted it would completely ignore the turbo so you would need to speed it up again in post processing for us to see what you see. But I find that it slows down everything less and gives a cleaner end video.

All the same it looks pretty good.

6. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yea but when I try to speed it up in Virtualdub it doesnt do anything. Specifically with x264. When i try others it looks a little too fast.

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I just gave it a try and it worked as I would have expected, except the audio would pause for about a full second every 15 seconds or so.

Keep in mind though that PCSX2 draws at 60fps even on 30fps games. So after the hack you need to tell VirtualDub that it is 120fps and then toss the extra frames so you get to the actual 60fps.

8. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yes i know. that's exactly what I did but not in this video.

9. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

patch=1,EE,00349E1C,extended,00000000 or you could just use this code. it makes the game run at 60 fps only downside is that the fmv cut scenes glitch[DOUBLEPOST=1397602875][/DOUBLEPOST]it also dosn't glitch the music like your method does

10. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

yes we all know now. This is an old video. Either way the new code effects A.I and Physics.

11. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

i haven't noticed much of a difference[DOUBLEPOST=1397605962][/DOUBLEPOST]how severe is the change in a.i and physics

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  12. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

the A.I would loop there attack. Mostly boss'. as for physics if a enemy was suppose to jump a long distance it would jump a short looking weird