Kingdom Hearts II.5 Jump Festa 2014 Trailer

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Dec 21, 2013.

1. libregkd -

Kingdom Hearts II.5 HD ReMix made an appearance at this year's Jump Festa with a new trailer! It sadly does not contain a more concrete release date for the collection, but regardless there is some new footage of this release, so enjoy!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Krowley
      Krowley
      Some image comparisons for the trio in BBS.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    2. libregkd
    3. Antidote
      Antidote
      Although BbS looked great on the PSP at the time, comparing them to the recent HD scans, you can see just how bad it actually was. :/
    4. Krowley
      Krowley
      My bad... should have looked at the spoiler.
    5. Misty
      Misty
      A lot of the screenshots people post aren't exactly true to the PSP's screen. Part of it is comparison to the HD, yes, but there's always some loss in screenshots. Or maybe I just stubbornly think that BBS was really pretty.
    6. Antidote
      Antidote
      Oh, don't get me wrong, BbS PSP is still a gorgeous game - it is one of the best looking PSP games and really pushed a limited hardware to its full potential. I think I used "bad" in the wrong way. I meant that you can really see a huge improvement and just how much work they've done to make it look better, as opposed to KHI. Though I suppose going from PSP to PS3 is a pretty huge leap.
    7. Explode
      Explode
      No, you're not wrong, it's a really impressive game for the PSP, and those screenshots don't really do it justice (though having said that neither do the HD ones, as they're not actually in HD). You can definitely see the limitations of the hardware though. Some textures are really pixelated, and the whole game has pretty noticeable aliasing, which does not hold up passed the PSP's native resolution.
    8. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Here's a higher quality trailer:

Ah, good ol' 720p (would've preferred 1080p, but this'll do)

EDIT: Looks like Krowley got to it already
    9. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      The thing is the screenshots are the raw form of the game, on the actual screen things like pixelation are very downplayed (like something in a screenshot you could probably see each individual pixel, but on the screen it looks like a smooth gradient)
      Then there's the simple matter of the native resolution, it's meant to be small, where low poly counts aren't as noticeable

On why the colours have been changed, making handheld games high contrast is common practice, it helps things look defined on a small screen (it also used to be done to make the screens till viewable in a variety of lighting conditions, but I'm not sure if that's still the case)
    10. Yozora
      Yozora
      Can't wait to play me some HD Aqua. Seeing those images just unghhhh. Glad I got a PS3 just in time for the HD remixes and Persona 5.

you guys really having a conversation regarding the graphics and stuff?
    11. ReverofEnola
      ReverofEnola
      Not to be that idiot but is it really easy to convert a PSP game to a PS3?
    12. Shuhbooty
      Shuhbooty
      Wow. I'm soooo ecstatic for this! D: Waaaaaaay, waaaaay more then I was for 1.5. And being someone (cough) who hasn't played BBS I feel broken. I know know as much as I wanna. ;----;
    13. Jin
      Jin
      i think for the most part everyone is looking forward to KH2.5 Because KH2 FM was the main focus for most people due to the amount of extra content it had. Nobody really focused on KH1FM because it only had a few more features really the main thing that was new to us was the Xemnas boss battle and the few extra scenes
    14. Zeroxys
      Zeroxys
      I liked the new moves/abilities/enemies as well. (except the damn mushroom u had to hit 100 times for the shards to ultima weapon :)
    15. Jin
      Jin
      To be honest it's easy to do them. All you have to do is use areoga and make sure they stay ontop of you it can take forever but it's worth it in the end I guess if you're a completionist. personally Ultima weapon isn't a keyblade I'm fond of I personally prefer the keyblade obtained from sephiroth. Either way yeah there are a couple more abilities for the most part but not many diffrent enemies. there are neo shadows and the mushrooms and a couple more but other than that and a colour change there's not much difference in them :C
    16. DanceWaterDance
      DanceWaterDance
      I 'm expecting 2.5 HD especially because I want to play BBS (and, of course, replay KH2 in HD isn't bad)
    17. Jin
      Jin
      It's not just KH2 it's KH2FM remember that. And I hope the arena mode for BBS is still in except it utilizes online gameplay this time instead of adhoc.
    18. It's Roxas Ya Know!
      It's Roxas Ya Know!
      it goin be kh2 on the ps3 what more do you have to say then it goin be popping, plus bbs was my good also, nd i finally get to see coded
    19. super_rocker_90
      super_rocker_90
      so any more news on the game ? its march already lol it would be a good treat for us if they announce the release date during spring break at least.
    20. Misty
      Misty
      If it's not posted up in this forum, there's probably no news about it. We're in such a KH news drought that we'll really post any kind of official hints about the title, heh.