Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX Coming to PlayStation 4!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by . : tale_wind, Oct 27, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

After years of fan wishes, the Kingdom Hearts HD collections are coming to a current-gen console! Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX are being ported to the PlayStation 4 as a one-disc collection, and sooner than you think! The game will release in Japan on March 9, 2017, with subsequent releases for North America and Europe on March 28 and March 31, respectively.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX contains the full games of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, with a cutscene compilation of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days; Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX contains the full games of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Birth by Sleep Final Mix, with a cutscene compilation of Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. With these and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, the entire Kingdom Hearts series will be available on the PlayStation 4 before the release of Kingdom Hearts III!

SOURCE

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by . : tale_wind, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Explode
      Explode
      On the JP kingdom hearts twitter account, Nomura confirmed all games will be running at 60fps. Don't know if this applies to the pre-rendered scenes as well but that would be nice.

I assumed that would be the case, but good to have confirmation.
    2. Sennitz
      Sennitz
      At this rate, KH3 will be released on PS5...
    3. Explode
      Explode
      They have multiple teams working on these games. If anything this might be partially responsible for delaying 2.8.

And even if it did delay 3 a bit, with PS4 Pro and other possible iterative consoles, PS5 will likely be very far in the future :P
    4. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Actually, the reason for the delay was because of too many other releases happening around the same time (such as FFXV).[DOUBLEPOST=1477583720][/DOUBLEPOST]It's nice that 1.5 and 2.5 will finally be on the PS4, but this is probably better for those who haven't gotten the remasters before. Simply adding 60 FPS isn't enough for me to abandon the PS3 releases, so I personally will stick to those.
    5. Explode
      Explode
      Yeah, I did know about that side of it, makes sense to stagger releases. Just wondering now if this contributed at all. Obviously they couldn't talk about it before it was announced.

I hear you. 60fps is nice but doesn't do too much for me. But what I am excited about is the potential for them fixing up some of the bugs and getting overall better performance out of these collections. 2.5 especially is very flawed, with long load times, audio bugs, and frame stutters.

From what I hear the FFX collection got a good loading boost from PS3 to PS4, and higher quality models (people who had board hands got individual fingers). No details so far but it would be nice to see the same treatment here. I would be very surprised if loading/performance was not improved in this version.
    6. Sennitz
      Sennitz
      Just joking about the PS5 :p
      But to be sincere, I'm actually tired of SquareEnix re-re-releasing the same games over and over...
      In my opinion, they do this just to buy time, and that ends up delaying the big games... I remember Nomura saying that they have an agreement with Square Enix, that he had to release one KH game every year... That undoubtly delays the big games, IMO. I mean, it's been 11 years since KH II...
      They are in an infinite spiral of remaking what has already been remade...
    7. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      KH3 development was never affected. The remasters are done by a smaller, separate team. The only thing that I could think of that would affect the game's development was removing the 0.2 BBS portion (which was originally gonna be KH3's prologue), and adding it to 2.8.[DOUBLEPOST=1477585229][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the collection will be priced at a reasonable $49.99.
    8. Explode
      Explode
      I don't think he ever said he's obligated to make one every year. Just mentioned they had been doing that, or that he was aiming to do that.

To each their own, but a lot of people wanted this for a long time, since before the PS3 collections even released, myself included. Getting to play these games I love, looking and playing (hopefully) better than ever, is exciting to me.

But I also understand how you feel and that's totally valid.
    9. Heart ❤
      Heart ❤
      .... I'm going to end up buying this, aren't I?

Yup. I am. I really have no self-control when it comes to KH
    10. Fearless
      Fearless
      2017 is just gonna take all my goddamn money.
    11. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Yay, I can finally get all the games on the PS4, and in a single package at that. Guess there won't be much need to keep my PS2 versions of the games once this comes out
    12. Amaury
      Amaury
      It'll be a long time before I'm able to get a PS4, but hopefully they fix all the bugs, right, @Explode? ;)
    13. Explode
      Explode
      We can only hope :P

Also English trailer is out:

There's a weird voice clip of Kairi(?) when showing KH1 that I don't recognize. Wonder what that's about.
    14. Arch
      Arch
      Well we all knew this would happen sooner or later. Let's hope the loading time aren't so awful this time around. And hopefully that Final Xemnas reaction command glitch gets fixed too.
    15. Krowley
      Krowley
      I'm honestly drawing a blank on that quote... Sounds like a re-worded "Wherever you go I'm always with you" quote
      It sounds more like Alyson stoner though. Maybe it's just for the trailer.
    16. Explode
      Explode
      I asked around on reddit, someone linked to a twitter post of a guy saying it was a previously unreleased take/alternate line of "wherever you go I'm always with you", and that the trailer editor may have grabbed the wrong file. The person (@_branden_) has interviewed Tai Yasue before apparently, but it's questionable if he has any insider information. And it seems odd that they'd hold onto a 14+ year old unused take, but who knows?

I honestly can't pin the voice. If it is Alyson Stoner, it's the closest she's ever sounded to Hayden Panettiere.

If it isn't an old clip, it might mean they're doing a little extra voice acting. The Japanese KH1 CGI ending has Kairi say a line kind of similar to that, and Final Mix has some unvoiced scenes with Riku. I think it's pretty unlikely for them to do that now, but I'm kinda stumped. Would be weird to do voice acting just for the trailer, but possible.
    17. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      I have mixed feelings about this collection. Between the PS3 collections of 1.5 and 2.5, I have over 500 hours of time on the in game clock. I really enjoyed replaying the games in remastered, Final Mix form. I 100% completed them. However, aside from being on PS4, 60fps, and including minor bug/gameplay fixes, these are the same collections. And I just don't think I have it in me to play through the entire KH series again before KH III. Especially since I am planning on picking up KH 2.8 the day it releases, and will likely still be playing that when this collection releases. Its tough, because with my schedule, I can usually only play a few hours a week. Collections like these take me months to complete. Yet, part of me still wants to pick up this collection. If for any reason, just to have in case I do decide I want to replay them all someday. I have a few month to decide I guess. This is a great purchase for those that didn't invest in the PS3 collections or want to play through them all again despite the previous releases. Nice price point too. ​
    18. Vagineer
      Vagineer
      There is also random crashing from the First Xemnas fight, and the Experiment fight. Also, there are times where the Reversal reaction command does not appear in the Final Xemnas Fight.