Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I have tried. I'm STILL trying.

2. ceonn Moogle Assistant

Sora, he is honestly doing more than is to be expected of him given his current toolset. Bugging him like this won't get anything more done.

3. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Welcome to the thread and forum.

4. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

i will try and ask whats his name that did h2fm patch . i know his anem cant type it

5. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Xeeynamo. And that may be less helpful than you think. KH2:Fm and KH:Fm are structurally different.

I feel defeated by a game in a way that shouldn't be possible. I've waited years to do something like this and I feel like... the real meat and bones of this project is JUST out of my reach. I've been giving myself headaches with this. It's so frustrating.

6. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

can u Make a video showing how to do this ? cuz if i see how it done . i may be able to help[DOUBLEPOST=1364096810][/DOUBLEPOST]I have sent him a pm on youtube with all the links.

7. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

It would probably be better to try his Twitter account.

I'm going to bed. This is getting annoying. I just can't do it. I, right now, cannot find a single item that ISN'T a gummi part. Gummi parts and journal names; no items, no abilities, no nothing remotely like what I want to translate. GOD.

8. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Juzt translate what u can . I am uploading a youtube video of this patch that u made and asked for hp
    Help

9. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Post the link for that video here when you're done. I'd love to see it. lol

10. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Ok .... I will its uploading now . Can u translate what u have ? Like the gamini peices and stuff . Can u find the KeyBlade Names ?[DOUBLEPOST=1364125493][/DOUBLEPOST]

11. Pararith Merlin's Housekeeper

Just take a rest mate, the fact that you already managed to translate the gummi parts and partial menu is amazing for a game this scale, Plus the fact that everything is encrypted. You have my respect for even attempting it.

12. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Just a quick update here: I'm officially done with (most of) the KH1-specific Gummi Blocks (not their descriptions, since they, like most other things, are probably encrypted and out of my reach [for now?]). Starting on the gummi blueprints soon. I say "most of" the blocks because some of their English names can't fit in the space given by the game.

I need ideas on how to shorten these without them sounding completely different.
    Code:
    エスナグミ                    ESUNA-G (too long)
    E3 EC F4 19 10 FF 70            32 40 42 3B 2E 2C 34 70
    E3 EC F4 19 10 FF 73            32 40 42 3B 2E 2C 34 73

メテオグミ                    METEOR-G (too long)
    19 01 F2 E4 19 10 FF            3A 32 41 32 3C 3F 2C 34
    They both need to be shortened by one letter in order to fit. I'd get rid of the dash but then they'd look like "METEORG" and "ESUNAG" and I'm not sure how people would feel about that.

So about that....

EDIT:
    I've hit a bit of a snag. I've gone down further than the gummi parts to see if there's anything else that I can translate and I'm finding strings referencing shields. I have no idea what I'm dealing with though, since some of the characters the game is using aren't in the table I've been using to make the translation. I'm completely lost.

13. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

EDIT:
    So... Many... Gummi blocks...

14. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Hey . Any progress with the English patch ? any updates ?

15. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Haven't been able to use the computer much the last 2 days, but I finishing up translating the Gummi block names.

I translated the memory card slot menu options, including a text string to "SELECT A SLOT" when saving/loading, found and roughly translated the party menu AI menu (how often they heal/use abilities, etc.) but ran into a problem where I had to purposely misspell the word "SOME" because of hex constraints (the English version of the game uses the word "Frequently", whereas Final Mix gives me a total of 3 letters to convey that exact same meaning. I've been playing it safe but as I'm meeting constant limitations I'm going to see if the game *HAS* to be the same size; if I can insert more text than the game gives me initially, then I can stop having incomplete/synonym-based translations. I'll post some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's what I've got right now. It's not perfect but it seems like I'm the only one working on this. That guy with the tool that could get encrypted text just disappeared, root doesn't seem to be here any more... A bit depressing, actually.

16. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

May i have all the tools that u been using ? cuz kingdom hearts final mix runs full speed on my laptop just fine ...... can u give me the link to the newset patch ? thanks

17. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Everthing I've used is on page 2 of the thread. As I have already said. And I'll post the latest patch in a few hours.

18. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Can u translate the command menu now ?

19. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Could you please stop demanding stuff. It's getting very annoying.
    To me it seems like you demand other people to do work that they do on their spare time and want to part of this project or whatever and you don't do anything but to demand others to the work that you could do.

20. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

I wasn't demanding . I was asking if he could translate the command menu . Cuz he translated the load screen