Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

Code:
    patch=1,EE,E1020008,extended,002BC128 // If In Agrabah
    patch=1,EE,E1010000,extended,002BC130 // If In Desert
    patch=1,EE,002BC134,extended,0000000D // Kurt Zisa
    Walk into the desert and you'll be put into the Kurt Zisa fight. Do this on the jp version to claim the rewards.

2. Phones21 Merlin's Housekeeper

Thank you so much! You really saved me with this. Now the only thing I am missing is the Encounter Plus. I tried synthezing on the jap iso after already having 30 items done, but nothing happened. What is the fix on that? Sorry for abusing with the questions.
    Again, thank you very much, this has been nagging me for so long and I have struggled too much to make contact thanks to external circumstances.
    What ticles me the most is a problem with making the entry of Red Armor appear in the journal, I don't know how to fix this problem with the Red Armor. I have already fought the coliseum cups so many times, and still nothing :(

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  3. geogeo222 Moogle Assistant

Looks like you're going through the same problems 100%ing the game as I've been. I managed to get the kurt zisa rewards first time around, and luckily someone on the final mix cheat codes thread posted codes for all abilities, so I was easily able to give myself Encounter Plus with the code

Code:
    patch=1,EE,003F83C4,extended,0000003D

where '3D' is the ability code for encounter plus and 'C4' is the first ability slot, C5 being the second etc. change that to one more than the number of abilities you have.

While you're at it, like me you'll probably notice you have no shield2-g gummi, and there's no way to get one because the patch is bugged and Cid's gummi shop doesn't offer the new gummis it's supposed to after you rescue Kairi. Some guide somewhere claimed you get one in the hundred acre wood but I found out that's not true, but fortunately again someone in the same thread posted a code

Code:
    patch=1,EE,2040422C,extended,01010202

The first 01 gives you 1 shield2-g, the next 01 shield-g, then 2 each of the previous 2 which i forget, maybe esuna, so if you just want to give yourself the shield2-g replace the other numbers with whatever you currently have of those, and just apply those codes on the unpatched iso.

This is the last thing I haven't found a way to get. I tried playing the cups on several different language patches and nothing. I tried digging around in cheat engine and almost got some leads but nothing really, I'm not a romhacking guy so I'm really just fumbling around in the dark. What's weird is that even playing on the original version it doesn't appear, like the save file is bugged or something, or the game in the first place is bugged.

Obviously a code is possible, I just don't know how. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have closure and that final, ever so elusive gold mickey symbol :p

4. Phones21 Merlin's Housekeeper

A guy told me in another thread that I could have got it if I had beated Red Armor the first time on the unmodded ISO :( And that's a bit of a pain, after already having 80 hours of gameplay hahahah but holy mother, thank you so much for everything else! You are also a big savior, and yes, I need closure ): it feels just wrong to have it like that, but then again, I left BBS Final Mix also at 99% hahah Altho I don't want to repeat that with this game. Let's keep in touch!

5. renatopdalencar Moogle Assistant

Is there an undub (Japanese audio and English text) version of Kingdom Hearts 1 for the PS2? That's what I really wanted to play. Original version or Final Mix if possible.

6. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

I guess that's a wrap for this thread. It's been 4 years since I first tested a patch and its really nostalgic how far this project went. Many thanks to @sora6645 and @gledson999 for working on this patch for so long. So to summarize for anyone who might stumble into this thread:

Gledson's Patch
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/ft9nnaf4o6ch97f/EnglishRev2.kh1patch/file

Patcher (KH1 FM Patcher.7z)
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AAKQKhxzC-clA-8&id=646EEFC9F0A0B57D!10790&cid=646EEFC9F0A0B57D

Instructions
    1. Download both files
    2. Extract KH1 ISOMaker.exe from KH1 FM Patcher.7z
    3. Rename a clean iso of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix into "kh.iso" without the quotation marks.
    4. Place "kh.iso", "KH1 ISOMaker.exe", and the "EnglishRev2.kh1patch" into a new folder for easy access.
    5. Run the exe file.
    6. Wait for a while and you're all done!

Known Bugs
    - Encounter Plus isn't acquired after synthesizing 15 items at Moggle Sinth Shop (Traverse Town)
    - Zantetsuken and Ansem Report 11 isn't acquired after beating Kurt Lisa (Agrabah)

Bug Workaround
    - Load the original Kingdom Hearts Final Mix iso before completing the requirements above to receive the abilities.

Let me know if I missed anything!

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this project and I hope you guys have a great day.

7. Phones21 Merlin's Housekeeper

On the known Bugs, it should also be advice to boot up the original ISO before fighting the Red Armor, to get it's entry on the journal.

8. HansOffMe Moogle Assistant

Hello, I'm new here. Could you clarify what you mean by booting up the original ISO? Am I booting from the original ISO, then loading my save right before meeting the requirements, meeting them, saving, then reloading after booting from the new ISO?

9. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

The oringal Japanese Final MIx iso non english patch. then do the part and move on from there.

10. Nerd42 Moogle Assistant

sora6645, your youtube got taken down more than once apparently. Where would be your latest and best Kingdom Hearts related patches?

11. Aster Moogle Assistant

When do I boot the unpatched japanese ISO to get the Red Armor Entry, I did it before doing the Hades Cup the very first time but that didn't seem to work was I supposed to do it prior to something else? I've even re-did the Phil Cup with unpatched japanese iso still no dice.

12. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

I have a current youtube up right now just look for me on there with the same profile as one i am using here. if you look underneath my message you will see "My YouTube" "My Wesite" i have a blog where i host all my KH Mods i do. i cant link it or eles i will get into trouble for it. If you having an issue with it you can private message me on here and i can send you the links there.

13. PHS_Studios Moogle Assistant

This is something I'm after as well. I'll be working on something here in the next day or so. I'll let you know how it goes.

14. Matías Moogle Assistant

Populist Republic of peronia (aka: argentina)
    does anyone know if this patch works properly on Open PS2 Loader 1.0.0???
    i play my games from the internal HDD with an official network adapter

i need a version that only has the english patch since widescreen patches can be converted into RAW Hex codes and used trough OPL

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  15. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

So frustrating that this is so close but not quite done. If just recently got a new tablet that does decent PS2 emulation and it's so much fun being able to play KH1,2 and re:Com portably. I know the series is coming to PC and I know ps3 emulation works, just not on android, so I'm curious. These last 2 bugs. If one wants to resolve them. where would one start?

16. Iceprince Moogle Assistant

I've got a question, so, I finally managed to install KH1 Final Mix, then I tried to do add the patch as post #2805 up there said, but the ISO maker won't work! I literally named the file, kh.iso, but it kept saying that it couldn't find it!

17. Iceprince Moogle Assistant

Oh, now this is so funny, I actually managed to run the Iso to the maker, and made a new ISO... but then I boot it up, and nothing happens! Still in japanese!

Edit: IT'S FINALLY WORKING!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  18. Shrimply_Pibbles Moogle Assistant

Which KH1FM English Patch is considered the best? to be clear Gledson's is Rev2...? and Crazycatz's is Rev1...? I have one from Sora6645's website... which Rev is that considered. I also see the latest version of Gledson's had input from Sora6645?

19. Notforfun Moogle Assistant

Hey everyone. I finally figured out the solution to the Red Armor issue.

In order to get the Red Armor to register in the journal, you need to load an unmodded ISO before you beat the Phil Cup for the first time. (Props to heorotlinea on YouTube for showing when the Red Armor entry first appears.)

20. SWHSmash Moogle Assistant

Hey there. I'm currently using @gledson999 and @sora6645 EnglishRev2.kh1patch and it working so far good. Thank you for the current work on this btw! Haven't test the current bugs but I'm not sure if this is also still reported.

• When gain the ability to use the red trinity marks, there is one in the second district at the gate to the secret waterway.
    I encounter a white screen after using them. The 'using trinity' sound appears and that's it.

I know that that I have to use the unpatched/untouched japanese iso to get it fully working, but I was hoping, someone has found a workaround for this, instead changing the isos.

Afaik this also happens in hollow bastion when using the red mark on the statue for the door piece.

~SWHSmash

EDIT: Not fully sure about this, but I might know that this was fixed on the Critical Mix iso.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022