Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

2. HowlYutomi Moogle Assistant

I speak spanish, he is translating the game to portuguese, and for what I can see, his progress right now it's ok, there are a few worlds left to fully translate, even though, i'll try to ask him if he's going to continue on the english translation.

Edit:
    I just spoke with gledson a few minutes ago ande he said:

"I'll do this english translation too, thanks."
    "Will be finished soon"
    "I'll release both final mix version together (Portuguese and english)"

So, let's relax and wait c; everything is fine!

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  3. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Cool, cool. I'm just happy it's happening at all, still.

4. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

Lol GOD BLESS. I'll be having to try this one pretty soon.

5. MrHuggleBuffles Moogle Assistant

Hello, I am playing KHFM on PCSX2 with another English patch and it has a bug where encounter plus is not given to the player when they synthesized 15 items. I have already synthesized 22 items. I have tried loading a JP iso and it does not fix it.
    Please, if anyone could make something that either fixes this or just straits up gives the player encounter plus, I would be very happy.

Thank you, MrHB.

6. HowlYutomi Moogle Assistant

Maybe you can use a cheat code for that, or you can wait for Gledson's patch, I just checked right now and it's 100% complete, he's going to launch it on 27/06/2018, he said this in his blog:
    "IMPORTANT ADVICE:
    The release of this translation is about to be released next Wednesday, June 27th, 2018, and can be launched even before the due date, balloons, text boxes, bugs and locks have been corrected, but I need to make a final readjustment in certain terms and edit some images that were hidden in the ISO of the game, in which I was able to find out recently, so be very attentive..."
    You can check it right here: http://www.retro-jogos.com/2018/04/ps2-veja-o-andamento-da-traducao-do.html
    As Gledson said before, he's going to launch the english and portuguese translation together.

7. MrHuggleBuffles Moogle Assistant

Thanks, but would that translation give me Encounter Plus? If not, I would like a code to put it in my save file.

Thank you, MrHB

8. mark arceo Moogle Assistant

i checked his site, he only released the portuguese patch. but he didnt release the english patch

9. DooberKnob Moogle Assistant

I had that same problem. I loaded a clean JP iso, synthesized a random item and it gave me encounter plus.

Did you make sure to synthesize something in JP?

Also, an unrelated question, but is there a thread like this for KHII FM translations?

10. fireplayer Moogle Assistant

@gledson999 are you still working on this being 99% finished last time and portuguese version 100% finished? I saw in your own forum that you started working on translating a Mega Man X game to portuguese? Given this last percent up???

11. bubbletea Merlin's Housekeeper

12. bubbletea Merlin's Housekeeper

13. ThePenitentMan1 Moogle Assistant

Something I've noticed, it seems Gledson still hadn't caught the issue where a bracketed line of text uses the next line instead of the text it's supposed to have. To fix this, I applied the patch, extracted the btltbl.bin with CrazyCatz00's Iso extractor, and went to the text editor of CrazyCatz00's website. I referenced a changelog I had made to fix Gledson's previous version of the patch, which I'm attaching to this post. The changes are in KH1 US SYS.

I also made a few alterations to the translation, to fix a few niggling things that bugged me about the official translation, like Blitz being a "finishing combo" instead of a "finishing combo attack" like the other finishers, or the incorrect MP values for MP Gift and the Dream Shield. They're completely optional, of course, that's why they're in a separate file from the translation fix.

Attached Files:

14. piggyjelly Moogle Assistant

Hello! So I'm trying to apply Rev 2 of Gledsons patch and boot it on my PS2 with OPL but I get hung at a black screen after the PlayStation logo. I had the same result before when I tried running a patched KH1 but I read these newer patches should work on real hardware. Any idea where I could be going wrong?

15. piggyjelly Moogle Assistant

Actually no, I was attempting to play through SMB share but I transferred to my HDD and tried it out and it boots up fine. Thanks!

16. Geckochris17 Moogle Assistant

Can someone please confirm if I'm doing this correctly?

So I downloaded the KH1 FM Patcher and gledsons EnglishRev2.kh1patch file from the quoted links.
    I put my own kh.iso copy into the patcher folder and supposedly just hit the Isomaker.exe to start letting it do it's thing patching.
    But where on earth do I put gledsons EnglishRev2 patch translation?
    Do I need to delete anything from inside the patcher and then replace with gledsons version? Cos I noticed the import subfolder and another RAR folder inside the patcher they contains duplicated files.

I'm not confident in doing this first time... any guidance much appreciated.

17. bubbletea Merlin's Housekeeper

Make sure it's in the same location as your ISOMaker and ISO. It should detect it automatically but if you want to be safe, you can drag the patch file onto the ISOMaker exe file. Any additional things you want to add, like mods, should be put into a folder called "import" where the additional files will be added after the patch.

18. ThePenitentMan1 Moogle Assistant

I can confirm that the Kurt Zisa rewards are still not fixed in Gledson's Rev2 Patch, either. You'll still need to use an unmodded iso or an iso with CrazyCatz00's old English Patch in order to get Zantetsuken and the Ansem's Report page.

19. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

I've had this happen too many times before, so I'm providing a mirror for Gledson's revision 2 (English) patch. I know MEGA tends to be okay with things that aren't illegal but this is my personal Mediafire account I'm uploading it to, and I'm never taking it down if I can manage to keep it active.

Cheers.

20. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

So, I've been hesitant to post this, cause I've held out hope for the PS2 version to get those last couple of bugs finished, but for those who have had enough, I just want to mention that the PS3 emulator has finally reached a state where some games are very playable, including KH1.5 and KH2.5. So for those who like to keep Kingdom Hearts on their PC(like me) there is a playable version out there. I still hope that Gleddson or someone can make that last fix so the Kurt Zisa bug is fixed for the ps2 version, but...if not. final mix is playable somewhere at least.