Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. silvercricket Moogle Assistant

ah, I tried that, the crashes were in the same place, interesting to note though, it seems as if the crashes that some people are mentioning on here never happened to me.

edit: almost all the crashes happened in halloween town though, I wonder what it is about the cutscenes there that make it so unstable.

2. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey all. just wondering if Gledson999 or sora6645 or anyone ever finalized the English patch or did a revision with the Kurt Ziza bug fixed? Also it seems that some of the earlier links are no longer good. Is there a fresh link for the latest version of the patch?

3. legendarysuperfeel Moogle Assistant

Can anyone please provide me a new link? The old link from Mega doesn't work.

4. Onlyheretemporarily Moogle Assistant

I heard about both Gledson's patch and Crazycat's patch and I want to know about the bugs in both Crazycat's patch and Gledson's patch

5. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Did you try those links that I listed above? I know the links on the first page are long since dead/bugged but I can confirm that these links all still work; Crazycatz's are the first two, gledson's is the last. And no, since there's been no updates posted, no news on any bug fixes or changes, sadly.

Speaking of. Did you ever get around to fixing this during that holiday? Didn't want to pester you too often, but I think it's been long enough for me to ask again.

There's crashes in both of them in different spots; text alignment problems that don't effect gameplay but look bad, I *think* the Ursula boss fight is still bugged in Crazycatz's patch (unable to lock on the the cauldron), and I remember some people saying way back that at some point they'd trigger a cutscene in Traverse Town and, once it ended, they'd be teleported to the big Kingdom Hearts door at the end of the game.

I never finished my playthrough of gledson's build because my college classes started back up and work took up more of my free time, but comparing the two patches on a file-by-file level, gledson's at least has Traverse Town and Hallow Bastion included.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  6. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

Is there an undub patch for this? I've always wanted to have the novelty of playing on the original language.

If there isn't what are the ways I can go about creating my own undub?

7. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

See the following quoted thing for the mediafire link. Just plug the .vset files in over the ones you have after you extract your own ISO and you should be good to go. It's been a long time since I've used this so just shout if anything is missing.

8. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

Actually I think I've used that undub patch already, it's missing the enemy battle quotes (i.e. Riku, Tidus, Squall, etc) and the FMV cutscenes. Is it normal for these files to be missing? The person said the only untouched files were the Xemnas cutscene and Squall Hollow Bastion quote.

9. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm a dummy. The battle quotes are stored inside of the characters' models, if you can believe that. So the solution there would be dump the enemy models from the original Japanese release of Kingdom Hearts when they all spoke Japanese, and replace the Final Mix models. Note that the filenames themselves for the npcs *may* be different (it's been over two years since I last tried swapping Final Mix<->Non-Final Mix around) so just be careful if you try to do a straight drag-n-drop.

The FMV movies would be the same basic thing; they're on that disc.

10. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

I actually can't find an actual japanese ISO of the original game. I've extensively searched the web for it and I've even requested ISO links on EP.

I might resort to actually importing the physical game from japan, is it possible to burn a PS2 disc into an ISO?

11. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Making an .iso image from a disc? Yeah, that's how they're made. You can use imgburn, Alchohol 120%, Daemon tools; all sorts of things to make an image.

I will be busy for the rest of the night but hold off on importing just yet. Per official forum policy I cannot endorse the downloading of isos since that is piracy and is illegal but let me see if I can find my old laptop. I'll be busy for the rest of the night writing something but I might be able to dig something useful up.

12. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

So far I'm not having any luck with undubbing this or patching this game at all. I've tried adding in files separately (i.e. I'll only import .dat files, .mdls files, .vset files, etc) and the game still crashes.

I've even tried adding in Gledson's patch by itself, the game still crashes. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

13. zerisius Moogle Assistant

https://gledson999.blogspot.de/2017/05/temporariamente-indisponivel.html

important part translated (google): Hello to all my friends, partners, first I come here to thank for the affection of all of you that makes me more willing to translate, but now I am here explaining that I am temporarily unable to continue with the translations because I am without a computer.

14. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

Okay I got to play through all of Gledson's patch and some of sora's patch

Gledson's is mostly good except there's a text glitch when obtaining (High Jump/Mermaid Kick/Glide/Superglide) and a little audio problem during the final cutscene where Sora says, "Kingdom Hearts is light."

Sora's patch so far has more issues but has a sick widescreen patch which indirectly fixes my issue with the japanese FMV where the black borders look all glitched up. A few examples include:

- Villain cutscene after Traverse town boss has messed up text or things that don't belong such as "The castle door gates should be open" and this also makes the audio messed up cause all the villains talk at once.

- Raft naming issues, also Riku says highwind but if you lose the race, it becomes garbled text.

- Chest text issues

I am also in the middle of perfecting an undub patch. As soon as I fix major freezes from that I will link it here.

15. zfreeman Merlin's Housekeeper

Sora's YouTube channel went down. It's probably a Disney cease and desist letter.

16. Exceed Moogle Assistant

Hi.

I've just came here to post my thanks to Gledson for making an awesome translation patch to Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix. I've been wanting to play this game for years, but never had a chance to until now. I've played through it all, got to watch the exclusive cutscenes in English that I never got to see, and have managed to beat Xemnas.

Even though there are some glitches, like not getting Encounter Plus or Zansetzuken, and Ansem Report 11, those weren't game breakers for me. I was still able to obtain Ultima Weapon without fail, which I am quite happy with.

Thank you Gledson!

17. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

Did you have any problems viewing the Riku cutscene after getting Oathkeeper?

18. Exceed Moogle Assistant

The scene where Riku appears in a void, and a mysterious voice (which I think is King Mickey) is replying to him? That cutscene played perfectly without any problems for me.

However, the ending cutscene where Sora says, "Kingdom Hearts is light" did glitch on me. It wasn't much of a turnoff to me, but more of a minor nuisance. As long as I was able to still view the cutscene and understand what was going on, that's all that matters to me.

19. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

I have the same "glitch" you did. If I understand correctly Sora kind of says the line too quickly. That's pretty strange cause you don't have the Riku scene glitched up but I do.

20. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

It seems Gledson got another hard drive since he released a translation for God of War II semi-recently. Maybe he'll get around to KH again sometime.

Also, I'm glad people are still able to enjoy the patch that's floating around currently. With KH3 getting some more trailers finally it's neat going back to KH1 on the older hardware.
    How'd that go, anyway? Did you finish that?