Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. silvercricket Moogle Assistant

Hey guys, completely new with modding, and I don't want to anger anyone with my nooby question, nor am I asking for a fix, I merely want advice. So I recently purchased a fat playstation 2 and softmodded it, purchased a japanese copy of kingdom hearts FM, since I had heard there was a patch online that allowed you to burn the disc onto your computer, patch the iso to translate it, and then burn it onto another disc and play it on a softmodded ps2. At first it ran flawlessly, no stuttering, no hangups, no lag, nothing. the text was a little small, but that was a small price to pay, anyways here's the actual problem I had:

occasionally when attempting to load a cutscene, the game will just crash, it will play the ambient noise for that scene but will stay black. at first I would just play through the scenes that crashed on the original disc but then they started happening more often. (twice in halloween town). I tried burning it onto another disc thinking it might have just been a bad disc, but it froze at exactly the same area. I tried a different language patch, and that one would crash as soon as I tried to load a game or start a new one.

What would you guys suggest I do? to my knowledge there's no way to cut out the cutscenes altogether to prevent the crashing. I tested the second patch on an emulator and it didn't have the same problems.

2. Sven Cakemann Moogle Assistant

I've only ever tried running the modded game over USB but maybe you could try different discs? Cheaper-made discs that aren't burned correctly may not work as well. You have to remember also that the KH1 patches, no matter who made them, are in varying degrees of completion and so some issues will persist until they're properly finished, if ever.

I know that's not a lot to go on, but I hope that helps a little.

3. silvercricket Moogle Assistant

ah, I tried that, the crashes were in the same place, interesting to note though, it seems as if the crashes that some people are mentioning on here never happened to me.

edit: almost all the crashes happened in halloween town though, I wonder what it is about the cutscenes there that make it so unstable.

4. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey all. just wondering if Gledson999 or sora6645 or anyone ever finalized the English patch or did a revision with the Kurt Ziza bug fixed? Also it seems that some of the earlier links are no longer good. Is there a fresh link for the latest version of the patch?

5. legendarysuperfeel Moogle Assistant

Can anyone please provide me a new link? The old link from Mega doesn't work.

6. Onlyheretemporarily Moogle Assistant

I heard about both Gledson's patch and Crazycat's patch and I want to know about the bugs in both Crazycat's patch and Gledson's patch

7. Sven Cakemann Moogle Assistant

Did you try those links that I listed above? I know the links on the first page are long since dead/bugged but I can confirm that these links all still work; Crazycatz's are the first two, gledson's is the last. And no, since there's been no updates posted, no news on any bug fixes or changes, sadly.

Speaking of. Did you ever get around to fixing this during that holiday? Didn't want to pester you too often, but I think it's been long enough for me to ask again.

There's crashes in both of them in different spots; text alignment problems that don't effect gameplay but look bad, I *think* the Ursula boss fight is still bugged in Crazycatz's patch (unable to lock on the the cauldron), and I remember some people saying way back that at some point they'd trigger a cutscene in Traverse Town and, once it ended, they'd be teleported to the big Kingdom Hearts door at the end of the game.

I never finished my playthrough of gledson's build because my college classes started back up and work took up more of my free time, but comparing the two patches on a file-by-file level, gledson's at least has Traverse Town and Hallow Bastion included.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017 at 3:45 AM