Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Masamune3210 Moogle Assistant

Are you playing on an actual PS2 or on an emulator

2. joshuaroilo123 Moogle Assistant

On a emulator.

3. HowlYutomi Moogle Assistant

In ps2 HUD letters are small

4. joshuaroilo123 Moogle Assistant

Update news about the patch?

5. Masamune3210 Moogle Assistant

Probably just the game not liking something about the emulator, I know KH doesnt like running at anything above native resolution

6. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

Sad that we never heard back from him. No update for the patch, oh well. I guess it IS pretty stable but I know he can do better. Needs less bugs. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all you folks! =)

7. joshuaroilo123 Moogle Assistant

is there a way to unstretched the hud and the command? or is there a hud mod?

8. Silakai Moogle Assistant

I don't know if I'm missing an update, but I'm unable to get to the files to download. I clicked on the links in the "Patching Guide" section of the first post, but the links are bad. Is there an updated link?

9. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Clicky. That's the Google drive folder that the first post talks about. The rest of the directions should still apply. Here's the cutscene files.

Should also mention that gledson999 was making an updated, slightly different version that supposedly fixed some of the bugs of the original translation patch before he went silent 2 months ago. If you have issues with Crazycatz's version, give that a look. Sora here also has a version of it floating around but I don't know anything about it as far as bug fixes or changes.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  10. Revonlieke Moogle Assistant

I'd really love to have my hands on an English Patch that actually works and is at least like 90% there in terms of content.
    There's so many versions of this patch and no-one has seemingly finished it.

What patch should I use overall? :eek:

11. gledson999 Destiny Islands Resident

I'll fix this patch 100% in my holyday, because my work consume my time, so thanks for bugs, i'll provide the 100% fix for this patch

It's too close for perfection!!!

12. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks Gledson999 It's amazing work and I'm glad to see this finally nearly finished. And thanks to Sora and all the people who worked on this over the last few years to get it here. It's worth it to all us PC players who want the full experience and aren't always able to get to our PS3 or PS4 soon enough. :)

13. iNfiniTe Se7eNz Moogle Assistant

The actual program to make the patch isn't available from that link, only the patch files. Clicking "My Drive" takes me to my own Google Drive; you have to link the folder directly in order for it to be accessible. Could you link the program directly?

14. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

My bad; totally forgot about that. Crazycatz00's site has all the programs needed, since he made them. The KH1_ISOmaker.exe mentioned in the OP is in the ISO Maker download file, under the Kingdom Hearts 1 header on his page.

15. iNfiniTe Se7eNz Moogle Assistant

Much appreciated.

16. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Absolutely. There's also the audio and texture tools on there if you wanna play around with them as well. Different download files, but up there.

Edit:
    Speaking of; I did a lot of digging last night and I found a thread where people were talking about where sounds were stored in models (this was before Crazycatz00 formally released his sound tool).

I know that people have modded the Re:CoM-era Organization members to have their English voices somehow but as far as I can tell, you aren't able to do that with the VSB tool, can you? I know the more experienced people have long since abandoned this thread but on the off-chance someone passes through, reason I'm asking is because I wanted to change around some of their lines for personal use. Since they're the same file format (though different versions if my reading is right) I should be able to do the same process to edit KH1 Sephiroth to give him his KH2 audio.

I may try reaching out to KHDecoder on Youtube since they seems knowledgeable on hacking these games but whether or not they reply... Eh.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  17. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

want me to ask KHDecoder for you? i am friends with him on skype. we talk all the time. i am modding ddd now. thanks to him :p

18. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

I sent him a PM on Youtube the other day but he hasn't answered it.

You can if you want to but I don't want to pester him with the same question. It's not that important.

19. silvercricket Moogle Assistant

Hey guys, completely new with modding, and I don't want to anger anyone with my nooby question, nor am I asking for a fix, I merely want advice. So I recently purchased a fat playstation 2 and softmodded it, purchased a japanese copy of kingdom hearts FM, since I had heard there was a patch online that allowed you to burn the disc onto your computer, patch the iso to translate it, and then burn it onto another disc and play it on a softmodded ps2. At first it ran flawlessly, no stuttering, no hangups, no lag, nothing. the text was a little small, but that was a small price to pay, anyways here's the actual problem I had:

occasionally when attempting to load a cutscene, the game will just crash, it will play the ambient noise for that scene but will stay black. at first I would just play through the scenes that crashed on the original disc but then they started happening more often. (twice in halloween town). I tried burning it onto another disc thinking it might have just been a bad disc, but it froze at exactly the same area. I tried a different language patch, and that one would crash as soon as I tried to load a game or start a new one.

What would you guys suggest I do? to my knowledge there's no way to cut out the cutscenes altogether to prevent the crashing. I tested the second patch on an emulator and it didn't have the same problems.

20. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

I've only ever tried running the modded game over USB but maybe you could try different discs? Cheaper-made discs that aren't burned correctly may not work as well. You have to remember also that the KH1 patches, no matter who made them, are in varying degrees of completion and so some issues will persist until they're properly finished, if ever.

I know that's not a lot to go on, but I hope that helps a little.