Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. iNfiniTe Se7eNz Moogle Assistant

The actual program to make the patch isn't available from that link, only the patch files. Clicking "My Drive" takes me to my own Google Drive; you have to link the folder directly in order for it to be accessible. Could you link the program directly?

2. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

My bad; totally forgot about that. Crazycatz00's site has all the programs needed, since he made them. The KH1_ISOmaker.exe mentioned in the OP is in the ISO Maker download file, under the Kingdom Hearts 1 header on his page.

3. iNfiniTe Se7eNz Moogle Assistant

Much appreciated.

4. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Absolutely. There's also the audio and texture tools on there if you wanna play around with them as well. Different download files, but up there.

Edit:
    Speaking of; I did a lot of digging last night and I found a thread where people were talking about where sounds were stored in models (this was before Crazycatz00 formally released his sound tool).

I know that people have modded the Re:CoM-era Organization members to have their English voices somehow but as far as I can tell, you aren't able to do that with the VSB tool, can you? I know the more experienced people have long since abandoned this thread but on the off-chance someone passes through, reason I'm asking is because I wanted to change around some of their lines for personal use. Since they're the same file format (though different versions if my reading is right) I should be able to do the same process to edit KH1 Sephiroth to give him his KH2 audio.

I may try reaching out to KHDecoder on Youtube since they seems knowledgeable on hacking these games but whether or not they reply... Eh.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  5. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

want me to ask KHDecoder for you? i am friends with him on skype. we talk all the time. i am modding ddd now. thanks to him :p

6. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

I sent him a PM on Youtube the other day but he hasn't answered it.

You can if you want to but I don't want to pester him with the same question. It's not that important.

7. silvercricket Moogle Assistant

Hey guys, completely new with modding, and I don't want to anger anyone with my nooby question, nor am I asking for a fix, I merely want advice. So I recently purchased a fat playstation 2 and softmodded it, purchased a japanese copy of kingdom hearts FM, since I had heard there was a patch online that allowed you to burn the disc onto your computer, patch the iso to translate it, and then burn it onto another disc and play it on a softmodded ps2. At first it ran flawlessly, no stuttering, no hangups, no lag, nothing. the text was a little small, but that was a small price to pay, anyways here's the actual problem I had:

occasionally when attempting to load a cutscene, the game will just crash, it will play the ambient noise for that scene but will stay black. at first I would just play through the scenes that crashed on the original disc but then they started happening more often. (twice in halloween town). I tried burning it onto another disc thinking it might have just been a bad disc, but it froze at exactly the same area. I tried a different language patch, and that one would crash as soon as I tried to load a game or start a new one.

What would you guys suggest I do? to my knowledge there's no way to cut out the cutscenes altogether to prevent the crashing. I tested the second patch on an emulator and it didn't have the same problems.

8. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

I've only ever tried running the modded game over USB but maybe you could try different discs? Cheaper-made discs that aren't burned correctly may not work as well. You have to remember also that the KH1 patches, no matter who made them, are in varying degrees of completion and so some issues will persist until they're properly finished, if ever.

I know that's not a lot to go on, but I hope that helps a little.

9. silvercricket Moogle Assistant

ah, I tried that, the crashes were in the same place, interesting to note though, it seems as if the crashes that some people are mentioning on here never happened to me.

edit: almost all the crashes happened in halloween town though, I wonder what it is about the cutscenes there that make it so unstable.

10. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey all. just wondering if Gledson999 or sora6645 or anyone ever finalized the English patch or did a revision with the Kurt Ziza bug fixed? Also it seems that some of the earlier links are no longer good. Is there a fresh link for the latest version of the patch?

11. legendarysuperfeel Moogle Assistant

Can anyone please provide me a new link? The old link from Mega doesn't work.

12. Onlyheretemporarily Moogle Assistant

I heard about both Gledson's patch and Crazycat's patch and I want to know about the bugs in both Crazycat's patch and Gledson's patch

13. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Did you try those links that I listed above? I know the links on the first page are long since dead/bugged but I can confirm that these links all still work; Crazycatz's are the first two, gledson's is the last. And no, since there's been no updates posted, no news on any bug fixes or changes, sadly.

Speaking of. Did you ever get around to fixing this during that holiday? Didn't want to pester you too often, but I think it's been long enough for me to ask again.

There's crashes in both of them in different spots; text alignment problems that don't effect gameplay but look bad, I *think* the Ursula boss fight is still bugged in Crazycatz's patch (unable to lock on the the cauldron), and I remember some people saying way back that at some point they'd trigger a cutscene in Traverse Town and, once it ended, they'd be teleported to the big Kingdom Hearts door at the end of the game.

I never finished my playthrough of gledson's build because my college classes started back up and work took up more of my free time, but comparing the two patches on a file-by-file level, gledson's at least has Traverse Town and Hallow Bastion included.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  14. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

Is there an undub patch for this? I've always wanted to have the novelty of playing on the original language.

If there isn't what are the ways I can go about creating my own undub?

15. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

See the following quoted thing for the mediafire link. Just plug the .vset files in over the ones you have after you extract your own ISO and you should be good to go. It's been a long time since I've used this so just shout if anything is missing.

16. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

Actually I think I've used that undub patch already, it's missing the enemy battle quotes (i.e. Riku, Tidus, Squall, etc) and the FMV cutscenes. Is it normal for these files to be missing? The person said the only untouched files were the Xemnas cutscene and Squall Hollow Bastion quote.

17. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm a dummy. The battle quotes are stored inside of the characters' models, if you can believe that. So the solution there would be dump the enemy models from the original Japanese release of Kingdom Hearts when they all spoke Japanese, and replace the Final Mix models. Note that the filenames themselves for the npcs *may* be different (it's been over two years since I last tried swapping Final Mix<->Non-Final Mix around) so just be careful if you try to do a straight drag-n-drop.

The FMV movies would be the same basic thing; they're on that disc.

18. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

I actually can't find an actual japanese ISO of the original game. I've extensively searched the web for it and I've even requested ISO links on EP.

I might resort to actually importing the physical game from japan, is it possible to burn a PS2 disc into an ISO?

19. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Making an .iso image from a disc? Yeah, that's how they're made. You can use imgburn, Alchohol 120%, Daemon tools; all sorts of things to make an image.

I will be busy for the rest of the night but hold off on importing just yet. Per official forum policy I cannot endorse the downloading of isos since that is piracy and is illegal but let me see if I can find my old laptop. I'll be busy for the rest of the night writing something but I might be able to dig something useful up.

20. zabimaru1000 Merlin's Housekeeper

So far I'm not having any luck with undubbing this or patching this game at all. I've tried adding in files separately (i.e. I'll only import .dat files, .mdls files, .vset files, etc) and the game still crashes.

I've even tried adding in Gledson's patch by itself, the game still crashes. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.