Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Been kind of passively wondering this myself.Sora's not posted anything on his Youtube for some time, Crazycat's not been around for longer still. Dunno. It's finished enough to be service-able if you feel like switching between the iso files but it still bothers me that the crashes are happening and the boss glitches happen for some reason.

2. Commanduf Moogle Assistant

I found a patch elsewhere but gummiship missions, dialouge when in the gummi ship, treasure chest item reports and shop item descriptions are all gibberish so was just hoping maybe this one would have the rest of what the one im currently using is missing.

3. DBM Moogle Assistant

Hi guys, new dude here.

Any idea why attempting to run a patched KHFM on hardware does not allow me to get passed the main menu?

I can click New Game, select my settings, click OK and then it just stays there. This is through using a .iso patched and burnt onto a DVD-R on a BC PS3.

I've got a KHFM japanese disc coming in which I'm going to try on my BC PS3 (when it arrives) to see if it's a patch or game problem (my BC PS3 is region free for PS2).

Now, if the patch doesn't work, then it looks like a KHFM ps2 patch that is "good" does not exist at all. I've been reading this thread about ursulu bugs, etc...

I've got 2 questions:

Will I lose much by playing vanilla KH1 over KHFM?

And is Xeean's KH2 patch (I've got a real KH2FM disc coming in from Japan soon to rip and patch) pretty much perfect? I saw CrazyCat's KH2FM patch as well but it doesn't work on a disc apparently. I would prefer the disc path, so it looks like Xeean's my only option.

4. DBM Moogle Assistant

Hah! Thanks a lot, I had no idea there was a Rev8. Going to use that then ^_^

What would your opinion be on playing vanilla KH over KHFM though?

5. DBM Moogle Assistant

Subjectively speaking, I guess...

>The start screen was replaced with another drawing of Sora, hooded and holding a flag. On the start screen, a trailer for Final Fantasy X-2 is accessible, labeled as a "Special Movie" as a third option after "New Game" and "Load Game". The game has three difficultly levels, the first being Final Mix: Beginner. Final Mix: Beginner gives the player a Ribbon, an EXP Chain, 8 Power Ups, 8 Guard Ups and 4 AP Ups at the start, and neither of the secret movies can be seen. The Drill Gummi's Attack Power is 9,999, instead of 35. The second difficulty is simply "Final Mix", analogous to Standard from the previous game, but not the exact same. The Gummi Ship takes double the damage from the original version and damage inflicted by the player is cut by a third. The last option is Final Mix: Proud, a greater challenge than Expert from the original game. The Gummi Ship's attack is reduced further to a half, and damage is four times. A "Battle Report" is shown at the end.

This looks irrelevant.

>Another new feature includes an Event Skip option, allowing the player to skip cutscenes already seen. Sora is modified to become transparent when camera situations force.

Sounds irrelevant again.

>Since it has new scenes then that means it has piece of the story that are not shown in the normal version.

Well, ****. That sounds concerning. I wonder what the impact of missing this is.

6. NewbieBob Moogle Assistant

In all honesty, DBM, I wouldn't obsess over the extra stuff in KH Final Mix. KH2's Final Mix is the juggernaut, since it added a healthy bunch of content plus Re: Chain of Memories. I totally get wanting everything, though, and it's a shame that Final Mix has had such difficulty getting a full patch. Still, it's great to have an active community here.

Now that I think about it, should we really buy KH3 right off the bat? There will likely be a Final Mix either for the PS4/XB1 or a Final Mix port on the following gen, right? I totally see a Kingdom Hearts 3.5 Final Mix in our future.

Thank you for the link, Zfreeman! Unfortunately, I'm a bit late, and the Data Battle and "O as an Attack" patches are no longer available. I hate to ask, but are those two patches available for download elsewhere?

7. DBM Moogle Assistant

But this international or "final mix" meme needs to stop! They should by now realize it's annoying. Just release KH3 as it is definitively.

Also, thanks for your input. I don't mind to just hit up KH vanilla anymore, and I've already got my KH2FM disc coming in from Japan to rip.

8. NewbieBob Moogle Assistant

Things have changed a lot in the industry, and a Final Mix may end up being a really good thing in the future.

In the Old Days: The first Final Mix seemed like a cash grab, but KH proved to be a huge success. It led to beefier Final Mix versions, like KH2's.

Today: Games go gold without necessary patches and content. KH3 will probably have DLC like any modern game too. A Final Mix version would not only contain this stuff, like those old GOTY editions (Do they still make those?), but it'd include all the stuff that the game inevitably won't be (But should have been!) shipped with.

As for the original KH's Final Mix, I'd still like to see a patch someday, and I'll keep supporting this project and thread. I hope that someone takes this project over, at some point.

9. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

I finally got tired of waiting and got the PS3 version it puts PS2 version to shame
    Thanks guys for trying but this long after the start with no real improvements for a long time with most of the same bugs for emu and real PS2

Like I will tell the others it is worth it to get KH 1.5 HD well worth it if you are a fan like me :)

10. DSR0 Moogle Assistant

I think the links in the post are messed up. The first one says it has expired due to being to large, and the alternative link takes you to drop box with a error sign saying "File not Found". Because of this, I am unable to download the files for the patch. Am I they only one experiencing this problem. If not, does anyone know how to fix this.

11. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

KH1 just isn't flexible to work with like KH2 turned out to be and a small team of fans isn't Square Enix. The tools are still available online, as far as I know, so technically anyone with the knowhow could probably iron-out the issues if they wanted to.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6ZFKy3tB10GdVZhTTdmZzFHcDA

Try that one. Click where it says "Import" with the down pointing arrow, then click download. Same exact files as the ones posted in the OP. Follow the directions in the OP and you should be good to go! Just be wary of the issues like the buggy treasure boxes not saying what's inside them, and Ursula's cauldron bug and you *should* be set.

Also, just remember that Traverse-Town and Hollow Bastion weren't released in that build of the translation, so all the text will be scrambled blocks. Supposedly Sora (the user) has a more "complete" version of the translation available on his blog but I can't speak for the quality or if it's consistent with the team's work here.

EDIT:
    Oh, and Oogie's first boss fight. Apparently there's a bug with it too with the roulette floor.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  12. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

I do understand SE has more people more tools and get payed to make the game ;)
    I do hope someday someone can fixed the problems and complete it

13. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

New Update! Should fixes the issues that it had before.
    i will release a new update i kinda gave private tools in this.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  14. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

thanks. I am also working on a japanese unudub patch too :p

15. NewbieBob Moogle Assistant

Today's a good day! Before your post, Sora, this thread had been silent for nearly three months! I was losing hope that we'd see progress. Thank you.

If I may, what details can you give on this new update?

16. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

Nice work! Now all I need are some details on this new update so I can test if the bugs are still there and such. And by the way, which one of your blogs has the most recent patch? I'm kinda confused on which one to download.

17. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  18. gledson999 Destiny Islands Resident

19. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

i dont know how to fix that. sorry.

20. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

Other than the raft name glitch, everything seems to be fine so far. I'll keep you guys posted if anything gets buggy.[DOUBLEPOST=1472987187][/DOUBLEPOST]Whoops, turns out traverse town isnt even done yet. But atleast destiny islands is completely bug free unlike the last one. Ill be waiting for the next update.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016