Community Kingdom Hearts Fan Game

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Hey guys, we've got something special for you all!

A few days ago, a dedicated member of the Kingdom Hearts community, ultraboard101, approached the staff with an interesting project and proposal for KH-Vids. Before we begin with the details, a bit of information...
    Many attempts have been made by the Kingdom Hearts community in terms of fan-made games; a few years ago, KH-Vids hosted a section on the forums called "Kingdom Hearts M.U.G.E.N," but it never took off in popularity and was removed after months of inactivity and lost interest.
    For those who don't know, M.U.G.E.N is a 2D fighting game engine that is enables you to create commercial-quality fighting games. Almost everything can be customized, from individual characters to stages, as well as the look and feel of the game.

ultraboard101 is utilizing the M.U.G.E.N engine to create what looks like the most impressive Kingdom Hearts fan-game to date, and we at KH-Vids hope to help promote his project and offer whatever support we can along the way... as well as enjoy the actual end product! You can read some information and see some previews of the game below:
    [video=youtube;pStTKJbSy2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pStTKJbSy2Q[/video]​
    You can take a look at ultraboard101's site here (caution: some hidden/marked NSFW content).

2. Laharl Moogle Assistant

This is awesome to know hes being promoted here an honor it is. I used to be a member of this game But I ended up kind of quitting due to not being able to handle the pressure and I prefer to work on things when i feel like it not feeling they need to be done.

Either way Ultraboard Has come a LOOOOONG way from before and I am truly glad to know hes being recognized for it. He did an amazing job editing the longass videos I sent him for this. Not taking credit in anyway shape or form for the characters themselves this was all him. I still help with whatever he needs me to when possible. Thanks again for giving this recognition these are indeed the BEST kh chars for mugen to date period.

3. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

Aewsome, i cant wait to play this game, it looks cool.

4. Laharl Moogle Assistant

you can actually play the game in its form right now if you want to go through the work of adding it in mugen yourself. they are released to play right now. unless you prefer to wait for the final release.

5. Chevalier Crystal Princess

This looks really impressive and it'd be awesome to see a final release someday. The custom work is really splendid.

6. Impressive, first few scenes of the promo sold me... I would pay a some money to buy this, can't wait!

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

This really looks great. It seems like the sort of thing that Chain of Memories should have been in terms of the fighting style, and such. From what it shown in the trailer, it looks like there will be hyper combo bars (like in Marvel vs Capcom) that can be expended to pull of some nice attacks/finishers.

I would absolutely love it if an online multiplayer feature could be incorporated into this. Playing against friends (or even strangers) as Sora, Riku, or even a member of Organization XIII would be really amazing.

8. ultraboard101 Merlin's Housekeeper

Haha thank you! Im glad you think it looks good : )

Thank you for your interest! Yes there is a super gauge, there are 3 bars of super you can have total, and each character has 6 supers,
    2 level 1's
    2 level 2's
    2 level 3's

Level 1 takes 1 bar, level 2 takes 2 bars, level 3 takes all 3 bars. Its up to you how to spend them. As for online multiplayer, I really wish i could add it, mugen does have a small online support program i am told, but its also highly buggy, barely works, and has very limited options. So im sorry about that, but as of current there is no online multiplayer support. Sorry : (

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Interesting. I can't wait to see the control scheme.

And it's no problem. I figured there wouldn't be anything like it for something fanmade like this. Still, the fact that you're putting so much time and effort into this is really incredible and I'm hoping that the final product turns out to be as good as it looks already, if not better.

10. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I can't wait for it ether!

But Ultraboard I was wondering if you could at some point realse just the screenpack because I've always wanted a KH screenpack for my personal mugen being a huge KH fan!

11. ultraboard101 Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks for the enthusiasm! Im sorry on regards to the screenpack my friend, ive already release versions of the characters, if i released the screenpack, it wouldn't be much of a release. For release, all of the characters that are done now are going to undergo testing for compatibility, fairness, and general bug fixes, along with the screen pack, and maby 1 or 2 unreleased characters. So just look foward to it! Please!

12. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I was talking like after the full game is made and released or with your permission I could separate the screenpack from the rest for my personal use but it's your call and I'll respect whatever you say.

13. ultraboard101 Merlin's Housekeeper

Ill have to see, my orignal idea was to lock the screen pack. I might give a public release, or i might just not lock it so you can strip it if you want. Im not really sure, sorry. Its just to early to tell atm.

14. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Certainly impressive. The best of luck to you, ultraboard101. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

15. ultraboard101 Merlin's Housekeeper

Thank you very much, ill be happy to keep everyone updated.

16. TitanTX Destiny Islands Resident

ultraboard101, i sent you a PM, but ill post here as well, Have you tried using the UDK engine. Its awesome. The game would come out much more better, and it would be stunning graphical wise as well, cause you can do so much with the UDK, its unbelievable,if you need any help whatsoever, let me know, I can provide you with the animations as well. ;)

17. ultraboard101 Merlin's Housekeeper

I replied. Sorry bud, ive been focused on the M.U.G.E.N Engine for a while now. Im not even entirely sure my computer can run the UDK.

18. TitanTX Destiny Islands Resident

What are your computer specs. Ill check to see if it can run the UDK engine.

19. ultraboard101 Merlin's Housekeeper

I have a really old dell from 2002. I really dont think it will run. Im just going to stick with this task at hand, and finish what i started. Thanks for the suggestion though.

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

This certainly looks like an interesting game. Can't wait to try it out!

EDIT: also, do you plan on adding the BBS trio along with Master Xehanort and Vanitas?