Kingdom Hearts Fan Event at D23 Expo 2015 Japan

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Calxiyn, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

The Walt Disney Company Japan announced today that it will stage D23 Expo Japan 2015, a special event for Disney fans created by D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. To celebrate the Expo, among the other events taking place, a Kingdom Hearts fan event will be held on November 3rd at Cinema Ikspiari, Tokyo Disney Resort.

More information for the event, Kingdom Hearts―The Theater (working title), will be posted on the official Disney website starting in late April.

The Expo will take place over three days from November 6 to November 8, 2015 in Maihama in Tokyo Disney Resort.

Source: https://d23.com/d23-expo-japan-2015-coming-tokyo-disney-resort-november/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2015
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Calxiyn, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Hope we finally get some big KH3 reveals. Though I wonder if this means we'll be getting very little info from E3 and/or TGS...
    2. lockedongamer
      lockedongamer
      Here are my predictions.

E3 2015 - Gameplay/Story Trailer. Perhaps the reveal of a release window. Most likely it would be 2016 as the Osaka studio is productive. Final Fantasy XV will probably be released by then as well. I'm expecting a Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 release. Once a game has a playable and running (Episode Duscae) version, it's typically close to completion. I think Tabata said it was 65% complete?
      TGS 2015 - Trailer reveals more about story.
      D23 2015 - Live Gameplay Demo with another trailer revealing the release date. Uses a majority of the same footage from E3 and TGS.
      E3 2016 - Gameplay Demo for the press to play. Another trailer revealing new gameplay and story details.
      Kingdom Hearts III releases November/December 2016.

There's a wide window between D23 and E3. It seems too early for a release date to be revealed in November 2015 but too late at June for E3. What other events are between them? PAX is too western. Perhaps the Taipei Game Show or the PlayStation Experience?
      Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    3. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      I'd be VERY surprised if we didn't get any KHIII at E3 or TGS. Final Fantasy XV must be pretty close to completion since the demo's out now, so there's that, and like lockedongamer said, Osaka Team is pretty productive. Not to mention, SE has said they'd like to give more frequent updates on their games this year. Even if we just got the II.5 ReMIX event footage, I'd be happy.

But yeah, hopefully we'll get some KHIII info at this event!
    4. DualBladeRoxas
      DualBladeRoxas
      Hopefully we get some more news since they've kept very little about it. Now I want your guys' opinion: Do you think there should be a KH 3D hd remix? For the other two games, they had multiple games in them whether it's a game itself or a cinematic. However, this would end up being a stand alone title since it's the latest installment. Now I believe that since it was on the 3DS, I don't think they could do it (don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% sure about that) like they couldn't re-master 358/2 days and re:Coded for that very reason. Suppose they could re-make it though. Would you guys buy it since it is a stand alone game? Or not? Now here's my opinion: If it was solely that, then no, I wouldn't buy it. However, if they added like a very short KH3 demo type thing after completing critical mode or something, then I believe it would make the most money out of all the remixes. Otherwise no, I wouldn't buy it since I am content with it on the 3DS. I want to hear your guys' opinions on that thought.
      1. Roxas gif.gif
    5. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      If they do create one, they're going to have to find a new way to implement Reality Shifts and Dream Eater interaction. I see the idea of another HD ReMIX as a prime opportunity to get χ [chi] localized as well, and including a KHIII Episode Duscae-esque demo would only sweeten the pot that much more. Including a demo for KHIII would have to mean making this hypothetical HD ReMIX for the PS4/XBOne, though, rather than having the entire KH series available as HD ReMIXes on the PS3...but I think it would be worth it.
    6. lockedongamer
      lockedongamer
      They did say though that they wanted to have all the games on one console. I'm not sure if they indicated PS3 in particular. I think they'll release the complete collection of Kingdom Hearts for the PS4 so the people who only owned an Xbox and an Xbox 360 before getting a PS4 can catch up. Plus, I think they can crank up the graphics a little more on PS4.
    7. Misty
      Misty
      If they did release a complete collection on the PS4, I would hope they'd do what they've done for the upcoming FFX/X-2 PS4 remaster for the resolution. It's technically running at a resolution higher than 1080p. Neither of the HD Remixes have actually been 1080p at all, they run at 1440x810 and then are downscaled to 720p or stretched to 1080p. It's negligible when playing on most TVs but I've noticed it when pulling footage off my capture card. Still looks nice, but damn that would be a huge selling point for the collection.
    8. DualBladeRoxas
      DualBladeRoxas
      I don't think it would be too difficult for dream eater interaction and reality shifts since there are shortcut commands. I believe they were L + R + Y/X/A for a dream eater ability and A + X for reality shift. (Haven't played in a long time so I don't remember exactly what it was). I always do the shortcut commands for them anyways, so it wouldn't really bother me. If you really want to touch the icons/play with them, on the PS4 you could do that with the touch pad. Tap left side is top dream eater, tap right side for bottom dream eater, and press the button for both of them. The only problem is that I don't know how they would implement changing dream eaters mid-battle, since you have a party of three but can only have two on the battlefield at one time.

1. Roxas gif.gif