KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep: Aqua Rumor

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Mike Chaser

[​IMG]

Hey everyone, I should've reported this rumor about Aqua last week when it was first mentioned, but I didn't think anything of it. The topic was mentioned by our forum member "Rho" in the KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep section, where the member was confused about the rumor with Aqua. It's been said that Aqua's outfit has changed due to her appearing too "sexy". The rumor continued and some fans heard that Disney complained about the outfit. I can't confirm if Disney really complained, but what we can tell is that a change has been made by Nomura, which shows less of her back/waist. Images have been posted above which features the change in Aqua. The left image features the older version and the right image features the updated and "un-sexy" version. Can you believe what we are reporting about (laughs)?

Source: FF-Reunion

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Roxas The 13th
      Roxas The 13th
      I never noticed Aqua's back until I saw this thread to be honest. I perfered the "sexy" one even though it's only a slight change of her outfit. I think that there "might" be a costume option like somebody said a few pages back because if you look at the gameplay videos of Aqua from the Tokyo Game Show 09 you will see that Aqua still has her "sexy" outfit in the demos. I really hope Disney didn't have anything to do with the slight outfit change.
    2. Sanya
      Sanya

We are comparing Namco/Team Ninja games to SE/Disney why now?

Eh... well either way, both outfits look good to me.
    3. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      I don't really care that much about her outfit, it's just a back, but i read somewhere, maybe KHinsider, that only the US and European versions will have her outfit edited which makes sense if you think about it. Kids in Japan are way more exposed to stuff like that.
    4. Peace and War
      Peace and War
      I do have to admit I heard about this and thoguht, what's the point? But then I realised that looking at the picture, when we play 3rd person games, we pretty much see the back of the character for most of the journey. And looking at it now, half the back of her body is skin.
      I know its not that incriminating, but for Disney, it is a little much.
      I also think that Disney did it, to seem like they were still a large part of the franchise, though it really has gone into its own and become more Square.
    5. Chevalier
      Chevalier
      I like the changed one. It is more realistic in a way, and more sophisticated. She's bound to be fighting around, so little straps can easily break. To be honest, I don't mind any of them, but the corset looks better, and more like armor.

That's my opinion in the matter.
    6. Ranger_vega87
      Ranger_vega87
      I personally like the new design better I think it looks cooler. If I recall correctly I think Nomura mentioned something about changing her outfit in a past interview.
    7. Frux15
      Frux15
      why!!!!

i ... why would they do that aqua is a fighter they need as much room to move as possible.
    8. Xamad
      Xamad
      Who cares!!!

that "sexy" costume looks like it's been edited...I don't care what she looks like as long as I can play the game...
    9. ♥AL90♥
      ♥AL90♥
      I agree. it really doesn't matter to me.
    10. Count DiZ
      Count DiZ
      I never really noticed. Then again, I never looked.
    11. mokeyman q
      mokeyman q
      Was that the logic behind this?
    12. Aurangzeb56
      Aurangzeb56
      a character from Soul Calibur
    13. oathkepper
      oathkepper
      Well she still looks like Kuja from FFIX if you just see from her back.
    14. Xata of Organization 14
      Xata of Organization 14
      Funny that DISNEY's saying this after putting out Miley Cyrus's new video: Party in the USA, and they think Aqua is too exposed >.>.
    15. Misty
      Misty
      It's kind of insignificant, I mean the fact they had to change it is a little sad, but thank goodness the overall clothing design wasn't interrupted too much. Aqua's still badass.
    16. Mike
      Mike
      I have to say, I'm a bit shock with the activity in here and not in other news threads.
      Interesting topic, I guess?
    17. Oli
      Oli
      Chances are I will completely forget about all this when the game comes out. I don't care anyway. I mean, come on, it's a little bit of clothing. You won't notice when playing.
    18. oathkepper
      oathkepper
      Well it's the internet, what did you expect?
    19. 00Roxas00
      00Roxas00
      Uhm, didn't Nomura say something about the change in Aqua's clothing in an interview? O_o
    20. Boy Wonder
      Boy Wonder
      I kind of like the censored design better.