KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep: Aqua Rumor

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Mike Chaser

[​IMG]

Hey everyone, I should've reported this rumor about Aqua last week when it was first mentioned, but I didn't think anything of it. The topic was mentioned by our forum member "Rho" in the KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep section, where the member was confused about the rumor with Aqua. It's been said that Aqua's outfit has changed due to her appearing too "sexy". The rumor continued and some fans heard that Disney complained about the outfit. I can't confirm if Disney really complained, but what we can tell is that a change has been made by Nomura, which shows less of her back/waist. Images have been posted above which features the change in Aqua. The left image features the older version and the right image features the updated and "un-sexy" version. Can you believe what we are reporting about (laughs)?

Source: FF-Reunion

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Bond of Flame
      Bond of Flame
      I noticed that too about Aqua's outfit, mainly because of the exposed back and pretty large breasts(there, I said it nicely and not too perverted).

That's a different story. Soul Caliber isn't Disney franchise.
    2. The Twin
      The Twin
      That is true but I was just making the point that the kidlets are probably already exposed to that kind of stuff as it is, making it kind of pointless in a way for Disney to muck around with the character design.

Also, to the person who made the quip about Org. XIII going gung ho, you made me laugh herder than I have all day. Thanks. XD
    3. LoneWolf
      LoneWolf
      Oh come on...LAME! There are six year olds wearing more "sexy" stuff than that nowadays! :(
    4. Xxpyro138xX
      Xxpyro138xX
      Aqua

XD lmao

Thats ridiculous! Let her be sexy
    5. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ
      Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ
      Actually, Disney censored Rikku's costume too. Take a look at the before and after:

Before:
      [​IMG]

After:
      [​IMG]

:/

Disney, why couldn't you give us full-size sexy Gullwings?
    6. Dandersnuff
      Dandersnuff
      Hm. I kinda like the changed version better. It's not like we know much at all about Aqua, but I don't think the first version fits her, for some reason x'D
    7. yushe\sora
      yushe\sora
      I really don't see anything wrong with aquas outfit. i've seen disney movies were the girls wear less clothing. not only that but its not like her chest is hanging out with barely anything covering it =_=' Even though it is just a change to the back, its a little unnecessary. poor Nomura if he has to redraw EVERYTHING for this little thing
    8. darkshadowxyz
      darkshadowxyz
      ROFL

Soul Caliber? Take a look at Dead or Alive.

But still, seriously, what the hell is the friggin difference of having a small portion of her back clothed or not...? It a helluva lot appropriate than showing her...ehem, moving on.

Disney has GOT to realize that the world DOES have T rated games. I mean, if Disney only handed their rights to their characters and movies, and didn't butt in, this game...would be friggin RIGHTEOUS!

Sorry if I swear too much.......o.O
    9. -Raiinu K.D.
      -Raiinu K.D.
      Guys, guys, guys! xD

As Mike said, there's no way of proving Disney had ANYTHING to do with the decision.

In fact, to the best of my knowledge, Nomura was the one who decided it was "too sexy."

The backless version just doesn't make sense-- I think they changed it to that all for fun. The third (most recent) one, I like. The corset-like garment isn't randomly split open. >_>

Oh yeah, and as you are all well aware, Disney IS Kingdom Hearts, just as Square Enix is. Also, Aqua does technically belong to Disney (all KH original characters do), even though they had no part in creating her. And what does this have to do with Kingdom Hearts' story, by the way?

Uh, anyway... Let me repeat my main point for emphasis: Disney most likely didn't tell Square to change the outfit.
    10. Demyx_MelodiousNocturne
      Demyx_MelodiousNocturne
      i like the one on the left better. and thats the one im cosplaying.
    11. bobo.the.nut
      bobo.the.nut
      The Little Mermaid, ahem? That was a Disney and the women were wearing a lot less than that. I don't think anyone got scarred by Atlantica because of the clothes. Aqua's looked more anchored-on than a seashell bra, so how were her clothes any 'sexier'? Any child who hasn't already been exposed to something more scandalous is probably too young to notice that her back is uncovered, or to find it sexy. Disney should just let the clothes alone as long as they aren't too outrageous (i.e. games mentioned by other people). And that wasn't outrageous.

It's a tiny change, so I don't especially mind. But it's the concept. Not every child can be sheltered from everything in their life. Sexy clothes are out there. Sexy clothes are very real.
    12. Zeonark
      Zeonark
      I love you.

I doubt Disney would do anything about that. Because most, if not ALL mermaids never have anymore than a bra on.
    13. darkshadowxyz
      darkshadowxyz
      You have a point, sorry if I got carried away...:P
    14. ken
      ken
      Hey speaking of rumor, there are rumors saying that Vanitas could be the Xehanort we know in kh and kh2. Could this be possible.
    15. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ
      Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ
      More importantly, is his outfit too sexy? Does it need to be changed? Xehanort was baring quite a bit of chest in the first game...
    16. animegirl1429
      animegirl1429
      That's stupid that that small part of an outfit upsets Disney.
    17. dragonkid_ofhearts
      dragonkid_ofhearts
      i really don't see any differnt about the 2

i mean really if she was running around in a bra and her belly was showing then i see why
    18. NeoCloudstrife
      NeoCloudstrife
      Good news everyone!

[​IMG]

Credit to erkz for noticing that. that's TGS '09 btw.

Whoever it was who made the decision decided to make the outfit MORE sexy-er, not less.

way to go, SE/Disney!
    19. Erkz
      Erkz
      You misinterpreted what I said. >_>;

Also, I do believe Nomura mentioning having to make the back less sexy after the trailer was shown in an interview while referring to that very trailer.
    20. Alpha Sonix
      Alpha Sonix
      Well, if Ariel and Jasmine aren't censored, then Aqua shouldn't be. And on that note Ansem SOD's body should also be censored on the final boss battle in Kingdom Hearts, I mean... it's so distracting.