Dream Drop Distance Kingdom Hearts and the Novikov Principle

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Dravoo, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Since the reblog of this is what brought me here seems fitting to post it....to me anyway. >3>

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

This does seem to be by and large what was going on. Summed up pretty nicely in Young Xehanort's "You can move through time, but time itself is immovable" Although there is also nonsense about needing to forget future events to preserve the integrity of the timeline, then promptly saying that the events would be etched in his heart and set him on his proper path. Like if consistency is guaranteed there is no reason to force people to forget, but if consistency isn't guaranteed then they're basically saying "well we can break it a little." I guess the difference is subtle enough to be ignored while still adding some weight to the idea of time traveling forward. And the memory loss means they can choose to have people time travel in from points in the story that we know.

3. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

It's funny you mention the forgetting rule. I replied to a post recently on that subject.

Tdlr ver, I think it's more of a semantic. It's not that time is entirely immovable but rather it's due to the nature of the paradox Xehanort created that it became that way. I.e, he can't change time because the act of his time traveling caused it. That means it's only concrete for him because he caused it to begin with.

I mean if you think about it realistically, logically or in any sense, the very nature of the memories being "etched" to "guide" the younger Xehanort IS changing history. Meaning he's actions are contradicting his words.
    But since the paradox he created hinges on him time traveling it makes it locked because it's a loop he's creating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Longer explanation vvvv (for those who prefer longer elaboration)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017