Kingdom Hearts 3 Previewed in January Game Informer

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Misty gimme kiss

gi-logo.png

Amidst a relatively slow news cycle, Kingdom Hearts III recently appeared in the new issue of Game Informer. Its feature was merely part of their "Previews" section, so it's no in-depth look at the title. Still, Nomura drops some interesting details about the gameplay in the title, the focus of the story, and the future of the series, while continuing to play it close to the vest.

You can read the full text below, or if you prefer, check out the attached scan.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Dec 19, 2013.

1. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      Eh, lots of hype, not much in the way of substance
    2. Misty
      Misty
      Well like I said it's just a Game Informer preview, rather than a big feature. But KH news is always 99% hype, 1% actual details until a few months before the game drops.
    3. Plums
      Plums
      Well, I mean. Unless Roxas/Xion join in the bonanza of Keyblade wielders and like...Mickey/Ven/Lea end up falling, I dunno what surprises are left other than figuring out who Xehanort's pick for the 13th member of Organort XIII (and the identities of most of the others). The Guardians of Light seem pretty set in stone to me, so ierno what he's planning on the Light side's front.

Other than that, not much else to say. It's gonna be interesting to see how Sora gets the ability to transform the Keyblades/attractions.
    4. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      I could see there being a twist where the final light isn't who we expect, but i think he's mostly talking about the unconfirmed darknesses
    5. phoenixkh93
      phoenixkh93
      ...Reading this has made me realise how much I want to find out at the story ends, but at the same time don't want it to be over. Sign of a fantastic story :)
    6. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      I can't help but wonder if he actually has something in his mind for post KHIII or he's just teasing us.
    7. Patman
      Patman
      Probably the basic premise at least. If I had to take a wild guess I' d say our merry bunch of children of hope (possibly descendants/reincarnations of the children who created the KH world as we know it) will reach Kingdom Hearts somehow, make a Triforce-style wish and restore the world as it was before the keyblade war. Meaning one big unified world. Bye bye hubs, gummi ships and corridors. Hello open-world and wielders-a-palooza.
    8. Ankoku
      Ankoku
      I'm definitely interested and I want to buy the game, but whether I'll enjoy it or not seems about 50/50 at the moment. Some stuff sounds great, others make me go "Meh". I'll just have to buy it and see.
      ... I'll have to buy a PS4 too DX Gah, I spent so much on a PS3! I don't want to buy an expensive PS4!
    9. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I figured that finding the keyblade wielders would be part of the main story, but the way he said it, it sounds like at the end of the game you'll be fighting all 13 people at the very end, like a giant last boss battle
    10. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      It's nice to find a KHIII article, even if it's just a recap of what we've seen to date. I'm a bit curious as to the statement about the seven lights not being who we'd expect, and I wonder if everyone who needs to be saved will actually survive the process. Hype or not, I'm always happy to see stuff about the newest KH entry.
    11. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      Seven Keyblade wielders, huh? That would mean Sora, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Lea, Aqua, and a mystery person. Terra's out since he's still split into Ansem and Xemnas. Can't be Roxas or Ven since if one returns, the other dies. And Xion is just a puppet made from Sora's memories, meaning he'd most likely would have to give them up for her to come back. This will be an interesting mystery to try and solve.
    12. Antidote
      Antidote
      I think the thirteen darkness group sounds incredibly boring so far. A bunch of slightly different copies of the same geezer and his flop henchmen that we've been beating on throughout the series. Yeesh. I'll be glad to see the back of the Xehanort saga.
    13. Chad Thundercucc
      Chad Thundercucc
      Plot twist:

Aqua reaches out to Kairi and asks Kairi to embrace the darkness, so that Kairi can save Aqua from the realm of darkness. With some convincing from Namine (inside of her) and Aqua, Kairi does it, but first she must get an Org. 13 coat so that she's not completely engulfed in darkness. This causes some confusion for the gang, when Kairi accidentally bumps into them, but in a Org. 13 coat. She doesn't reveal herself or Aqua's plan to them, because they might not approve of it.

Kairi strays way too close to the darkness, and almost caves into it, despite being a princess of heart. When she finally reaches the realm of darkness to free Aqua, Aqua turns out to be Xehanort in disguise. It's been Xehanor'ts plan this whole time to have Kairi be a part of the new Org. 13.

That'd be kinda sick if that happened, but Nomura is so damn unpredictable.

Also, excuse me if I missed a few things, I didn't finish Dream Drop Distance yet. :x
    14. phoenixkh93
      phoenixkh93

What makes you say if either Roxas or Ven returns the other would die?
    15. Ars Nova
      Ars Nova
      I... don't think that's how it works? We've been led to believe since KH3D that , which implies that Roxas and Ventus are now as separate and distinct as Donald and Goofy.

Same for this. I have a feeling part of the plot will be finding a way to restore all these lost souls, since (again in 3D) when . I'd be shocked if we don't see them in some form.

All in all the guardians' side looks kind of crowded, so I think there is still some mystery left with regards to which members of the group will make the cut. Or who knows, maybe Sora will be a revolving door of Keyblade wielders, changing form to suit the opponent he faces. With seven against thirteen, it's a safe bet they'll be tag-teamed more than once.
    16. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Seems unlikely that the worlds would unite again.In terms of the story it would make sense but gamelay wise, plus the fact of different times, like ancient Greece, pre WW London, medieval Europe. It would just be very awkward if not dysfunctional.

As for the last guardian, why that one couldn't be Ansem? Highly unlikely but still his role is very important, though a bit vague.
    17. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      Because they're the same damn person, that's why.
    18. Arch
      Arch

They're not. Roxas is Sora's nobody. Ventus was never a nobody. That's like saying Vanitas and Sora are the same person.

Anyways, it'll be nice to get some new info soon other than a repeat of what we pretty much already know(like there being games after KHIII).
    19. Dinny
      Dinny
      I think I'm just the type of person who gets super excited and starts to awkwardly grin and squeal when more news on the ipcoming games come up, whatever it may be.

This is great to hear though! I'm getting even more excited even though what had been shared doesn't seem like anything super new but that last comment from Nomura is getting me crazy hyped. Thanks for the article/scan, Misty!