Kingdom Hearts 3 details from Square's Press Conference

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Kotaku has posted a play-by-play of Square-Enix's press conference at this year's (on-going!) E3. Nothing huge or groundbreaking, but a good read while we're all salivating for the details! Miss the trailer? Watch it in our original news post.

original.jpg
    Read the full article (includes more details on Final Fantasy XIV and XV) on Kotaku.

The highlights:
    • No release date yet
    • Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released on Xbox One and PS4 worldwide
    • Osaka team is developing Kingdom Hearts 3
    • Suggested female playable characters (Aqua and Kairi please!)
    • No news on a Wii U port

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Misty, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Airi Ban
      Airi Ban
      Without a doubt, a great conference. And KH3 news definitely made the fanbase excited. I hope for the game to be released in March 2015 (japan) or March 2016.
      Definitely hoping for this. Kairi being playable in KH3 has been my hope for years.
    2. Krowley
      Krowley
      Loved Aqua's control style. Using reflect as her guard was just awesome.
      I kind of hope for a multiple viewpoint storyline, like a Sora, Riku and Kairi playthrough. Or at least allowing more than 3 interchangeable party members like the Final Fantasy series.
    3. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      Why is Kingdom Hearts 3 of all things the first KH to appear on a Microsoft console
      and the xbone at that
    4. Misty
      Misty
    5. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Awesome! It feels just like the days of waiting for KH2 ;~; Good times...

Also, Team Osaka! Yes!!!!
    6. GhettoXemnas
      GhettoXemnas

This has crossed my mind many times today. Many, many times.
    7. DH531
      DH531
      Should've just made both games PS4 exclusive ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
    8. Miles
      Miles
      shoot. Was hoping the original team would do it. oh well
    9. 61
      I have mixed feelings about it being on Xbox One. Personal feeling aside, I can totally see why from a marketing standpoint, it only makes sense to have it on both major consoles, but I'm just a little disappointed myself. It's breaking the tradition of KH games being exclusives, which is annoying to some, but since I only buy consoles for KH games it won't hurt me at all. But why Microsoft of all companies? Why not Wii U? KH has a history with both Sony and Nintendo, I don't see why they would release it on Xbox One, but have no plane for the Wii U yet. It would also, presumably, provide a cheaper alternative for those who would like to pay less and buy consoles like I do. For example, if I buy a console because I want to get KH3, it would be cheaper for me to buy a Wii U and KH3, than it would be for me to buy a PS4 and KH3. As of now there's no question, I'm definitely going with PS4, and if it does come to Wii U I probably still will, but if KH is going multi-platform I would rather see it go Sony + Nintendo than Sony + Microsoft. KH on Microsoft just seems unnatural.

Which one is the Osaka team? Is that the one that's been doing BBS and DDD and stuff recently? If so I would have preferred the old team, but meh, nothing you can do and it's not a huge deal.

I really want this to be released some time in the summer of 2015 to give me time to save money and stuff.
    10. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee

hate to brag, but.......... I told you so!
    11. Miles
      Miles
      I didnt doubt it. it was really 50/50. I just hope leveling is easier, enemies actually flinch, and no one hit kill boss with a basic attack.
    12. 61
      basically... this.

I don't care what team does it as long as it doesn't feel like the recent handhelds and feels like a KH console game.
    13. Krowley
      Krowley
      Nomura is a merciful god. He saw that Microsoft was dieing and lent out out his hand.
    14. Plums
      Plums
      Well, from the worlds "seen" part, considering the Princesses are going to be a big part again, we will most likely be seeing:

Agrabah
      Wonderland
      Snow White's World
      ____ Dominion (Cinderella's)
      Beast's World (whole place pls)
      Aurora's World
      and obv Destiny Islands/Radiant Garden/Castle Oblivion/Keyblade Graveyard

and either Traverse or Twilight Town (or both)

Which is so much by itself omg *w*
    15. Krowley
      Krowley
      Castle of Dreams
      Beast's Castle
      Enchanted Dominion

It would be interesting to see the village and Gaston in Belle's world. Sadly, it showed Beast return to normal in the KH2 credits, so not sure if the world will appear like that.
    16. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee

Oh God, I hope those two don't appear. I'm sick of them![DOUBLEPOST=1370978107][/DOUBLEPOST]

I've been thinking, is it really necessary for the princesses' worlds to reappear for them to make an appearance?
    17. Cloud4012
      Cloud4012
      I wish they would also put the game on psvita.
    18. DualBladeRoxas
      DualBladeRoxas
      New cloths again??? I just hope they include some of the original keyblades in this game like Oathkeeper, Oblivion, stuff like that again. And there's an appearance or 2 of Roxas :3
    19. libregkd
      libregkd