Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 15, 2015.

1. libregkd -

finalchapterprologue.png

Just announced at Sony's TGS Conference, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is the newest HD collection for the series and will be released exclusively on the PS4. It will include Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD as well as two brand new chapters - Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-.

Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover will be a movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers and will connect the earliest parts of the series showcased in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ [chi]. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage- is a completely new playable episode that stars Aqua and serves as a prologue to Kingdom Hearts III and takes place after the events of Birth by Sleep.

This collection is scheduled to release in 2016.

List of titles to be included in the collection:
    KH3dHD.png chibackcover.png bbs02.png

Screenshots from the collection:
    Event_sora.jpg event_d1_OFF.jpg battle_riku2_FIX.jpg BC_US.jpg KH0.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 15, 2015.

1. KeybearerofSea
      KeybearerofSea
      Hey, the sooner the better. I need some KH filler time. :D

You know, I normally would agree with you on this. Studio's have this bad, bad habit of milking to death a franchise. But Honestly, this is like the one exception I am ok with. I mean, the Kingdom Hearts games are so scattered (like the worlds, lol) and frankly I am thrilled that all of them are finally on the main consoles. I can remember when trying to get my friends into KH I was like-

"Yeah the first one is on the PS2, oh! but you need to play the Nintendo Gameboy game before the second game on the PS2 and then the second gameboy game and then get a PSP and play the prequel"

So yeah... it didn't end well! lol So while I totally see your point, I think this is the one exception. :D
      Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    2. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
    3. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      The worlds featured in X, with the exception of Daybreak Town, are not the actual worlds. They're simulations of future worlds spawned by the Book of Prophecies. This includes all their inhabitants, both friendly and hostile. They're not real.
    4. Hexin
      Hexin
      I am so hyped for this. KH X Back cover, and Finally Aqua's side story? GG Just keep on bringing them out, Square Enix. I'm gonna make it rain for you. :cool:
    5. Menos Grande
      Menos Grande
      Yeah I agree with Square dropping the ball in the console department, when you buy a console there is an expectation of "games that will be on it", sure is a bet, but the fault part in these are the game developers and not to mention Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft... we enter every new generation willing to early support their platforms that basically have vapour, because if it was not like this console gaming would be doomed and everybody would be better off with pcs (that still can be a final senary).
      When the developers and the manufacturer fails to deliver games, they are at fault because we supported them like we could (like the ps vita thing). When we started to play Kingdom hearts it started at Playstation 2, both numbered titles were at Ps2, and the only one that they shifted CoM, was remade for Playstation 2. Kingdom hearts II ends pretty much implying that there will be a III, so It was a safe bet to buy a Playstation 3 to play it. No one at that time could predict that it would take more than 10 years for the game to be ready and a generation would be skipped.
      Just imagine if there were no Fifa for an entire generation, Assassin's Creed and such?(or to go to a extreme , and have a Nintendo console without Mario?) People love to complain about this mass game production of AAA titles, but there is a genuine expectation that there will be such games in each console they buy, to not have them makes your system value less than they originally did, all the other "new games" are a special prize that will improve further the system value.
      Most of the side games made for nintendo handleds could be merged, or skipped, or even made a quick port to the "main console line", when Square didn't do that they betrayed the fans. Sure for people that started playing kingdom hearts in nintendo's console may feel like a betrayal as well, but the franchise didn't born at nintendo, so the expectation wasn't so natural like Playstation owners, Xbox owners to recive the game is sure a given, but I don't think anyone bought a Xbox one to play kingdom hearts as it was never there to begin with.
      I sum, they could've/should've made less games for nintendo, or at least made them multiplataform with sony at fast pace so that we could have received all those games for a decade.
    6. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      Well when was this mentioned, 'cause this is the first I'm hearing of this Book of Prophecies.
    7. KeybearerofSea
      KeybearerofSea
      I believe Maleficent mentioned it in Dream Drop Distance. At least, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    8. Plums
      Plums
      Yeah, and not to mention the sheer amount of systems all the games were on. If you wanted to be caught up completely on the KH story, you'd have to own three entirely different systems just to play them all. I want to have all of my games on either one or two systems, before 2.5 I never had a chance to play BBS and never thought I would just because I don't have the funds to go out and get that whenever (plus, this isn't accounting for the fact that unless there are other games on the system you wanna play, you'd be essentially buying the system just for KH, which...lol I love this series, but I ain't buying a $200+ system for one game).

It was first mentioned for the Western audience at the end of the Re:Coded movie, but its been an integral part of X since the first iteration of X launched in Japan a while ago.
    9. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      ^This. Don't know how you can complain something isn't canon if you don't know about its story.
    10. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      Because as far as I knew, the purpose of KHX was to tell the story of the Keyblade War, despite having Emblem Heartless, with no mention of this Book of Prophecies. That's why I have been saying it wasn't canon because it made no sense for Emblem Heartless to be around during the Keyblade War.
    11. ~Clave Ensis~
      ~Clave Ensis~
      I just have to ask, why is this now all of a sudden coming out??
      I'm quite surprised they had time to make yet another game, especially after FF and they are still working on KH3. Then again, it was inevitable that they would re-make DDD. The other games included, however, seem to me to be more like things to fill up the gaps. I mean they are not as big as the games from the other remasters: Re:Coded, COM, BBS and 358/2 days. I did not expect back cover to make it onto the ps4, and the BBB 0.2, I don't know, these games just seem to be a lot more side-storyish rather than important for the overall plot. But maybe there are some things in there that they'll throw in. This will be interesting to see.
    12. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Untrue. Very untrue. X[chi] (and by extension, Back Cover) contains really important information regarding KH3 (Nomura's own words). And 0.2 is meant to be a prologue to KH3.
      Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    13. Misty
      Misty
      Tokyo Game Show is historically a big event for Square. Think of it as a Japanese E3.
    14. Krowley
      Krowley
      Primarily with Xehanort's keyblade. Their master had the "Eye that sees the future" thing, and each of their keyblades had the blue eye on it.
      (As well as Riku's and Vanitas')