Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 15, 2015.

1. libregkd -

finalchapterprologue.png

Just announced at Sony's TGS Conference, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is the newest HD collection for the series and will be released exclusively on the PS4. It will include Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD as well as two brand new chapters - Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-.

Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover will be a movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers and will connect the earliest parts of the series showcased in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ [chi]. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage- is a completely new playable episode that stars Aqua and serves as a prologue to Kingdom Hearts III and takes place after the events of Birth by Sleep.

This collection is scheduled to release in 2016.

List of titles to be included in the collection:
    KH3dHD.png chibackcover.png bbs02.png

Screenshots from the collection:
    Event_sora.jpg event_d1_OFF.jpg battle_riku2_FIX.jpg BC_US.jpg KH0.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Patman
      Patman
      Eh, they charged 70 bucks for Type 0 and I think it sold pretty well, even though it wasn' t that polished (not to mention super easy to pirate). I assume Episode Duscae alone has something to do with it.

DDD and Chi are the only KH games I have yet to play (I grew tired of their spreading bullshit) so I don' t mind paying full price this time around.
    2. libregkd
    3. Plums
      Plums
      Seriously. If anything, I could have understood $60 for 1.5 and especially 2.5, given how massive KH2FM is and getting BBSFM's stuff on top of that. They haven't said how long the Aqua part is, but for a non FM version of DDD and a 2-3 hour movie, that's way too much for a small amount of stuff.
    4. Hidden Smithery
      Hidden Smithery
      I for one am not thrilled in the slightest. I really truly feel like they're just wasting time now.

I absolutely don't regret buying my portable KH games. DDD was my first 3DS game, in fact. But I feel annoyed that they're bundling and rereleasing a game that, honestly, isn't that old. When I saw the announcement I let out a sigh of "really?"

It's just my inner Nintendo fan, but I honestly thought that if DDD were to be brought to a console that the Wii U was a shoe-in for the console destination. Disappointment comes again. :\

Not to mention the naming scheme. Final Chapter Prologue. 2.8. Back Cover. Geez.
    5. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      If 1.5 and 2.5 are anything to go by, development of KH3 will not be affected, so I really don't see how this wastes their time as you say.

I really wish you'd look at it from the eyes of those who don't even have a 3DS. Do you really expect those who played 1.5 and 2.5 to buy a 3DS JUST to get the final story that happens before KH3? Not fair if you ask me (and no, expecting them to look up the cutscenes on YouTube isn't a valid excuse either). And besides, giving relatively new games the HD treatment ain't new (MGS: Peace Walker got an HD port a year and a half after it's original release).

Besides, this really isn't surprising. Considering the 1.5 credits hinted at 2.5, 2.5's credits were a dead giveaway indicating that DDD HD was a reality.
    6. LehasXBlade
      LehasXBlade
      Well this is a real shocker for some reason. Pretty hype to hear more about it in the future!
    7. Hidden Smithery
      Hidden Smithery
      I never said it was surprising or fair. I know it's been a comon trend for a loooooooooong time now but I personally don't like it being done on relatively recent games. When the Last of Us was ported over to PS4 I felt the same way I do now.

And no, I don't expect people to watch cutscenes on their own on Youtube.

I'm just a fan boy who is upset wiyh something he can't change and I'm sorry. Honestly I am just exhausted with Kingdom Hearts as a series and I want the Xehanort story to be over so I can finally be done with it. This 2.9 stuff just feels to me like a holding pattern to drum up even more money and hype on something that already has buckets of cash and over a decade of built up hype.
    8. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Hate to break it to ya, but Kingdom Hearts will continue after Xehanort's story is over. Nomura's own words.
    9. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      While we're all still here, any guesses on who's narrating the Back Cover trailer? My bet is Chirithy, but who knows? Could very well be some other new character.
    10. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I thought it was Chirithy when I first heard it too. Doesn't feel like it was a Foreteller's voice, but... who knows *shrugs*
    11. Hidden Smithery
      Hidden Smithery
      I know that, I'm just saying that KH3 will more than likely be my jumping off point. My personal fanon discontinuity.

If it continues on like Final Fantasy where there's similar themes but it's own arc and story, that's fine. I'm just impatient after so many years, is all.
    12. libregkd
      libregkd
    13. Amaury
      Amaury
      I can't speak on DDD experience, but I really enjoyed Birth by Sleep. Additionally, I see nothing wrong with them releasing titles on handheld devices. If you're on vacation or something and can't take your PS2, but can take your PSP, it's a great way to enjoy Kingdom Hearts.
    14. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      It isn't about the game's quality, but simply on the platform it was released. BBS is my favorite Kingdom Hearts game, and I still think releasing it on the PSP was a mistake, just as libregkd said. Releasing the recent games on handhelds was a big mistake because big parts of the story that will be important going into KH3 will be on consoles that not everyone owns. That's the main reason why HD 1.5, 2.5, and now 2.8 exist.
    15. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      Man, they really want people to know that Kingdom Hearts X is a thing despite the fact that it goes against the canon. Also, wasn't this little Aqua story already in Birth by Sleep Final Mix? You know, where she's in the Realm of Darkness and suddenly has to fight that strange Heartless?
    16. libregkd
    17. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      X does not contradict canon. I don't understand where anyone would get that idea...

Square Enix has confirmed that 0.2 BBS is a brand-new episode leading into KHIII, meaning it's not the Final Mix Secret Episode redone in HD.
    18. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      [​IMG]

The above image from E3 was confirmed by Nomura as canon. Whatever's up there is 100% canon, even X[chi].
    19. Amaury
      Amaury
      Well, if we want to play that card, not everyone owns a PS3/PS4. :P
    20. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Not a good comparison. The core KH audience has generally been on a console ever since the first game was released on the PS2. Once the PS2's generation ended, it would be fair to assume many moved on to the PS3. And the same going into PS4. Many KH fans who bought a PS3 expecting KH3 to be on it ended up disappointed that the Kingdom Hearts games of the PS3 generation were released on handhelds. Hence why the series is moving away from handhelds and back to consoles, where the series truly belongs.