Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 15, 2015.

1. libregkd -

finalchapterprologue.png

Just announced at Sony's TGS Conference, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is the newest HD collection for the series and will be released exclusively on the PS4. It will include Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD as well as two brand new chapters - Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-.

Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover will be a movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers and will connect the earliest parts of the series showcased in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ [chi]. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage- is a completely new playable episode that stars Aqua and serves as a prologue to Kingdom Hearts III and takes place after the events of Birth by Sleep.

This collection is scheduled to release in 2016.

List of titles to be included in the collection:
    KH3dHD.png chibackcover.png bbs02.png

Screenshots from the collection:
    Event_sora.jpg event_d1_OFF.jpg battle_riku2_FIX.jpg BC_US.jpg KH0.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 15, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      With this news, I'm placing my bet for KHIII's release firmly in 2017.
    2. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      YO AQUA TIME RETURNS

Also, they better bring the other two HD Collections to PS4 now.
    3. Boy Wonder
      Boy Wonder
      ...I haven't even beat 3D on the 3DS yet.
    4. Misty
      Misty
      I'm starting to think that 2.9 will still be happening and will collect the remasters on the PS4. It wouldn't make sense to make this 2.8 if there wasn't a 2.9 coming.
    5. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Some new info on Back Cover and 0.2, courtesy of Zephyr from KHInsider:

It is a full story about the mystery of the Foretellers happening on the other side of the PC Browser/Smartphone games KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] & Unchained X[chi] that is being recorded as a fully HD video work. It is an important story that expands on the future of the KINGDOM HEARTS series.

Immediately after KH3D, as Sora prepares for the final battle, the King confesses a lot of things that were kept secret. It is the subsequent story of one person named Aqua left behind in the Realm of Darkness that is finally told.

So, looks like Back Cover expands on the X[chi] story rather than retelling it.
      Also, hope 0.2 answers how Yen Sid and Mickey know of Aqua's location.
    6. Krowley
      Krowley
      Actually pretty much agreed with this. KNowing Square it makes sense they'd throw it all into one last bundle before KH3 releases.
      Still happy with my PS3 copies, but I'd like to see just how great the difference is on PS4.
    7. Mysty
      Mysty
      I seriously cant wait for Kingdom Hearts 2.973/16th that comes out after this. It'll be the best. Disappointed that is actually wasn't 1.5 and 2.5 in one disk for next gen consoles, but oh well.
    8. Sennitz
      Sennitz
      Awww c'mon! Square Enix is playing with us... Another remake/remaster? Of a game that has been released only 3 years ago? I know lot of you are exited about this, but I'm really pissed off... For the last 3 years we've only received remasters... I started counting, and half of the KH titles are remasters or something like that... Seven original games (KH, CoM, KH II, 358/2, BBS, Coded, DDD) and eight remasters/whatever (KH FM, KH II FM, Re:CoM, BBS FM, Re:Coded, KH 1.5, KH 2.5 and now KH 2.8...)...
      Maybe I wouldn't mind a remaster of the series after KH III, but right now everyone wants the final chapter... I feel like they are playing with us (and with our money)...
    9. Patman
      Patman
      Is it developed by Enix2 or √Enix ?
    10. libregkd
      libregkd
    11. . : tale_wind
      >"UGH I'M SO TIRED OF NOTHING BUT REMAKES"
      >brand-new original cinematic movie
      >playable prologue chapter to KHIII

k
    12. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      Now I'm wondering if we'll get anything in Kingdom Hearts iII for finishing Ground Aqua Zeroes.
    13. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      Looks pretty good. I hope the KH χ segment is engaging. I like the idea of revisiting Dream Drop Distance, but making brand new entries like the 0.2 BBS bit seems odd. I mean, why not make it the introduction to KH III itself or something? I will play regardless, but with this and potentially something called 2.9, perhaps we will end up waiting for KH III until the end of this console generation. ​
    14. . : tale_wind
      I kid you not I was just about to post this picture I found

[​IMG]
    15. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      I see it as a way to give us a playable taste of Kingdom Hearts III before that game is completed, a la Metal Gear Solid V's case of releasing Ground Zeroes the year before The Phantom Pain was released. It's a neat way to give us a tech demo and warm-up on gameplay without making us retread a section when the full game is released.

Saw that on reddit. I love it.
      Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    16. libregkd
      libregkd
    17. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      I would not at all be surprised if they quietly cancel the Xbox One version of Kingdom Hearts III, for the same reasons you put forth.

However, this is their chance to redeem themselves by releasing the complete series pre-III on both PS4 and Xbox One...but I'm not holding my breath. They're keeping me waiting.
    18. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      As mentioned before, this is really meant for fans who do want KH3, but want to know every important bit of story leading up to it without having to buy a 3DS (and DDD is mega-important in this case). I mean, it's not exactly fair for the fans who watched the two secret endings of Re:coded HD, only to force them straight to KH3. And from a personal opinion, this news is excellent for the series, because it means that for the first time since, well... the original Kingdom Hearts game, the entire series is now handheld console-free!
    19. . : tale_wind
      UPDATE: The game is available for preorder on Square Enix's online store!
    20. libregkd
      libregkd