Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Announced

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 15, 2015.

1. libregkd -

finalchapterprologue.png

Just announced at Sony's TGS Conference, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is the newest HD collection for the series and will be released exclusively on the PS4. It will include Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD as well as two brand new chapters - Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-.

Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover will be a movie that tells the mysterious story of the Foretellers and will connect the earliest parts of the series showcased in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ [chi]. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage- is a completely new playable episode that stars Aqua and serves as a prologue to Kingdom Hearts III and takes place after the events of Birth by Sleep.

This collection is scheduled to release in 2016.

List of titles to be included in the collection:
    KH3dHD.png chibackcover.png bbs02.png

Screenshots from the collection:
    Event_sora.jpg event_d1_OFF.jpg battle_riku2_FIX.jpg BC_US.jpg KH0.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Misty
      Misty
      And the prize for worst ****ing name in the history of gaming goes to...

I guess Fragmentary Passage will be BBS Vol 2 then.
    2. libregkd
    3. Gamefreak103
      Gamefreak103
      Wasn't expecting kind of news although I'm not surprised. At least there will be more content than just a hd remake of kh3d.
    4. Plums
      Plums
      playing as bae in kh3 visuals? preorder confirmed

Nice to see 2.9 2.8 confirmed officially. The inclusion of another (mini?) BBS chapter is sorta weird, but considering Aqua's been there like...11 years, there's probably some weird Xehanort related thing only she knows (plus the Realm of Darkness and Aqua in KH3 visuals, lord have mercy). And I guess this also answers why the LinkdIn had stuff like attraction flow listed for 2.8, EXCITED TO GO ROLLERCOASTIN' WITH MY BLUE HAIRED GF.
    5. KeybearerofSea
      KeybearerofSea
      I am so thrilled we get this small bit with Aqua!!! Oh my word! Finally... FINALLY!! I get to see what the heck this girl has been doing for 11 years!! This is the highlight for me. Not to mention the reason I will pre-order this! SO EXCITED!!!
    6. Anixe
      Anixe
      Ah yes, the set-up for the set-up, lmao. Aside from the otherwise weird titles, looks pretty cool. I do feel like it will be quite overwhelming with the amount of backstory and exposition in prep for KH3 :| (especially for localized versions where we didn't even have the luxury of taking in KHchi[x]'s story)

Gonna need that PS4 sooner than I thought though D; Perhaps a bundle will be most likely in store for next year...
    7. KeybearerofSea
      KeybearerofSea
      If it comes with a KH themed PS4 they are more then welcome to take my money. :D
    8. 61
      the milking needs to stop
    9. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      [NEED FOR PS3/4 INTENSIFIES]
    10. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Glad I already have a PS4 for this then
    11. Mike
      Mike
      As much as I love the 0.2 Birth by Sleep idea, is this a cruel joke? Let's just make a remake of every game that has been out for the past two or three years. Really? And a Kingdom Hearts X back story? I just want Kingdom Hearts 3. Is that too much to ask Square? They are taking advantage of the series.
    12. Explode
      Explode
      Wow. We talked about there being a demo or mini-prequel, but didn't expect it to be BBS Vol 2. Was afraid that would never see the light of day.

I wonder if it was originally going to be the beginning of KH3, but decided to make it standalone. I mean they got a lot of criticism for how long the Roxas prologue was in 2.

And here are some preliminary comparison shots of Dream Drop Distance HD. Some things to note are the added detail on Riku's shirt (vertical lines on collar, more zipper teeth, etc.) and Sora's gloves. It's also very apparent on Sora that they took care to uprez their character models. See how his shirt sleeve goes from a square shape to a circle, and that his cardboard paws were replaced with actual individual fingers. Some background textures are also changed. Note the the platform in The World That Never Was.

Thanks for the news. Look forward to hearing more about this.

Attached Files:

13. Misty
      Misty
      Just watched the trailer, I'm very surprised by a 2016 release. I'm guessing it will be later in the year and that the BBS thing won't be very long, then, but damn that's soon.
    14. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I guess this means the entire series has officially left handhelds behind. About damn time. Love the idea that I can experience all games on my HD TV. Also... Aqua in KH3 graphics!! Was beginning to think they completely forgot about the BBS:FM secret ending.
    15. Krowley
      Krowley
      Ths name kind of bothers me, but I'm sure I'll look past it once I start playing.
      Kingdom Hearts X will be features as to help people who won't be playing the mobile game understand the book of prophecy, lore of the keyblades, and all that other good stuff.
      I wish they'd given me more than just the back of Aqua's head for the new chapter... I know her story won't be too long, but I still want to play as HD Aqua dernit >:C
    16. Menos Grande
      Menos Grande
      I just received yesterday my Dream drop distance copy ;(.. I don't like playing on the 3Ds , but I finally gave up waiting for a port and this happens...
      Ok good game.
    17. gersomvs
      gersomvs
      Right ;P I just moved out of my parents house now that I've started going to college and I'm despreately trying to save up enough money in time for 2016 xD
    18. The Fuk?
      The Fuk?
      Coming Soon: Not Kingdom Hearts III.
    19. Nobodyslight
      Nobodyslight
      It seemed to me as though aquas hair was longer, so they hopefully will show some growth in characters