Kingdom Hearts 2.8 E3 2016 Trailer; Winter 2016 Worldwide Release

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Jun 8, 2016.

1. libregkd -

As posted yesterday, Square-Enix has released a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2.8! It includes a look at Dream Drop Distance HD, and a more extensive look at both the Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover movie and our first look at Kingdom Hearts 0.2 gameplay!

The trailer also confirms that Kingdom Hearts 2.8 will have a worldwide release this December! Along with confirmation that there will be more Kingdom Hearts III news to share this winter. You can view the trailer below:

Square-Enix also provided the following screenshots of the collection:
    1.png 2.png 3.png
    4.png 5.png 6.png

You can download a High Quality version of the E3 2016 trailer by visiting this page.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Scarred Nobody
      Scarred Nobody
      Thought I'd have to wait all day for this to come out. This is a nice thing to wake up to.
    2. Chad Thundercucc
      Chad Thundercucc
      Uh, that was kind of an awkward last line to end an action/adventure video game trailer on lol.

But overall, yeah, I'm pretty hyped. The graphics and lighting effects look amazing, I can't wait to play it.

EDIT: Woah, was she in Traverse Town? Because I love that world.
    3. libregkd
      libregkd
    4. Truly Mad Moves
      Truly Mad Moves
      New vocal performances from Willa Holland already? Wow, they're pretty good at keeping that production stuff under their hats. Who knows how much KHIII work has been finished? (rhetorical, incidentally) Willa Holland and Jason Dohring are an acquired taste as far as their acting, but they're an improvement over the Japanese version (wherein Aqua sounds too squeaky and Terra too manly) and I think they really fit the stoic nature of classical Keyblade wielders - they DO emote pretty well when the characters show facial expressions, so I assume it's a deliberate choice.

December release... guess that confirms KHIII will be getting a 2017 release. Cripes, it had better be worth the wait.

As for the Foretellers... gah, they all sound familiar, but I can't place them. It's weird, I can immediately identify any voice actor who was big in the 90s, but those who made it big more recently are harder to pin down somehow. Ursus gave me a Travis Willingham vibe... and Unicornis sounds like... every anime leading man ever, so who knows. Anyone else with a bit more anime/game voice acting exposure in their lives have guesses as to the voice actors of the [chi] characters?
    5. Calxiyn
      Calxiyn
      I think that's just the town area for the Castle of Dreams. It looked sort of like Daybreak Town at first but I'm pretty sure it's not since you can see the castle in the distance.

These are my thoughts on things:
      Aqua's combat looks AMAZING.
      Aqua starts imagining herself back at Land of Departure as she sees the stars which are obviously not there, and then she says "I'm doing it again", which means she's been hallucinating like this before.
      I also noticed in the trailer Aqua is collecting gears, and I imagine it's to fix the clock to go backwards in time and fix the bridge, or for another reason. I don't think that's really Terra, I either think that Aqua turns the remaining 'memory' of Castle of Dreams back so far that she ends up seeing Terra, like how she saw him on the red stairs of the inside of the castle in BBS.
      Aqua says that not even memories are safe from the darkness, so maybe it's her remembering that scene from BBS and thinking Terra should be behind her like he was before. Either way, I'm pretty sure that isn't our Terra.

Now for Back Cover:
      Everyone looks great and not like clay anymore.
      Anguis leader reminds me a lot of Xion.
      Ephemera is super cute.
      The leader for Aced also sounds fimilar. I don't know if they're fighting because either one of them is the traitor or what but it looks really cool.
      I think we can rule out the theory that these are Kairi, Sora etc in the past from the future.
      Something interesting though is that the guy in the cloak is doing that arm thing that Sora, Ven and Roxas do a lot. He doesn't sound like any of them though. In fact his voice reminds me more of Lea lol. And Lea DOES still have his coat and a similar attitude.
      I know before people were saying some of the Keyblades looked like Ven's, Terra's etc, to go back to the theory of them being the foretellers but the Keyblades shown in the trailer don't look close, save Invi's compared to Aqua's as well as Diamond Dust.
      Ava is telling everyone to flee so there isn't war, but by telling them to leave Daybreak town, she may have inadvertently led everyone to the Keyblade Graveyard. Unless no one listened to her, and the Keyblade Graveyard is a destroyed Daybreak town.
      "Darkness will prevail and light expire" is something Xehanort has said a couple times. That could just be because Xehanort read the story and that guy passed it down.
      They all have Yellow eyes on their mask, except for Ira, who's are red, but in some scenes th red eyes go away.
      Aced seems to be fighting everyone, and so that makes him look really guilty, but I think he just knew what was up since he told Invi they had to rebel against the master.

Also my mom misses Sora's KH1 voice lol.

Edit:

[​IMG]
      That either looks like the Unversed Symbol or the Symbol that Terra, Ven and Aqua have on all of their clothes, which means this guy COULD be the Master. But he seems kind of.. flakey?
    6. Shift
      Shift
      I wasn't really sold on KH3's graphics, but 0.2 looks amazing.
      The town's lights together with the dark sky on are just incredible. Is that place Daybreak Town from X, but under Castle of Dreams? Fountain and buildings look the same.

I hope there's similar areas to visit in KH3.
    7. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FORETELLERS AND EPHEMERA, MY LOVE, AND CHIRITHY AND DAYBREAK TOWN IN HD 3D AND WITH VOICES AND ENGLISH AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AND AQUA, MY LOVE. AND THAT COMBAT. AND TERRA?????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    8. Mish
      Mish
      This is the first time I've heard of 0.2. Dafuq are all these animal people? Lord. Apart from that, I like the design of their world.

Guess I've been living under a KH-deflective rock.
    9. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      The animal people are the Foretellers, five Keyblade masters featured in χ. They each lead a Union of Keyblade wielders. They all learned under the same master, along with a sixth apprentice. But one of the five is said to be a traitor...
    10. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      YouTube really killed a lot of this video's quality sadly. Gonna watch it again because I just realized the download link is right here...
    11. Shuhbooty
      Shuhbooty
      I'm so BUMPED for this!! I never got the chance to play BBS and anything with the story or characters in them make me super excited! I honestly can't wait. ;-;
    12. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      When they say more KH3 news in winter, I have a feeling that they meant in addition to whatever they show at E3. Although, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Either way, awesome trailer.
    13. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Excuse while I lose money I seriously don't have just to play 0.2 and Back Cover.

I thought Back Cover was going to be just a bunch of scenes with us reading text, I honestly wasn't expecting full on cutscenes with the masters. Though it seems to be slightly different from the game, but meh, can't complain, because man does it look b-e-a-utiful.
    14. 61
      what is even going on anymore
    15. Mixt
      Mixt
      I'm so glad that we are getting to see the graphic style of KH3 early (Kingdom Shader, I think is what they called it?). I thought Back Cover might since they could stage everything just right and pre-render as needed, but I never would have thought they would put it in 0.2.
    16. Krowley
      Krowley
      I am loving how much more scope and range 0.2 is showing with the attacks and battles.
      Also is it just me, or does the back cover portion look a little out of place? Like, animation wise. Maybe I'm just not used to the next gen quality of KH animation yet...