Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix teased?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Krowley Moderator

With all the early copies of the 1.5 collection and the hardcore gamers that have already beaten them, something has been revealed. During the end credits of the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix, scenes from Kingdom Hearts 2, Coded, and Birth by Sleep can be seen. 2Ch and FF-Reunion users are among those who described these 3 games in the end credits of the collection. More information to follow...

Credit to Libregkd for the news update

Update: The scenes can be seen in the credits of Leta_jp's livestream here.
    The credits roll from 6:50:00 - 6:53:45
    Kingdom Hearts 2 scenes (6:50:00 - 6:51:52)
    Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded scenes (6:51:53 - 6:52:18)
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep scenes (6:52:19 - 6:53:18)

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      ... can't we wait until I have a PS3? :D
    2. libregkd
    3. Misty
      Misty
      I don't know that this is speculating really... we're just excited that two games seem to be coming our way, rather than just one. c;
    4. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      Yeah, I guess. It's just that, as previously mentioned, I don't have a PS3. I've been raising for one though, so I kinda feel like Square is trying to work me to death. Oh well. I AM excited at the thought of 2.5.
    5. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      If we get Re:coded onto a console I will be very glad, since I wouldn't mind playing that game with a controller. It'd probably be like how playing Chain of Memories on a GBA to PS2, it was much better on the PS2
    6. libregkd
    7. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Well, that wouldn't be too bad either. It would give us cool scenes and we wouldn't have to deal with the weirdness of it
    8. Saxima
      Saxima
      Not surprised within the least, and 2.5 will probably be seeing an early to mid 2014 release ( and then 2015 is the year of Kingdom Hearts III [ HAHA ] Probably not. ).

Coded, no doubt, will be given the 358/2 Days treatment, just as Libre said. And as for Dream Drop Distance . . . There's a chance that it could be a part of 2.5, but since it's fairly recent, and the 3D was a big appeal of it, I don't see it making the final cut.

Looking forward to updates.
    9. KeybladeSpirit
      KeybladeSpirit
      It's pretty simple. DDD came out too recently for a remake.
    10. Silent Wings
      Silent Wings
      I am not surprised :p
    11. Hidden Smithery
      Hidden Smithery
      Speak for yourself; I still want to PLAY 358/2 Days in HD and, since it seems like this is how it's gonna go, Re:Coded should be a game too.
    12. libregkd
    13. RifleRiku
      RifleRiku
      All squabbles aside, I'm pretty excited for 2.5 even though we haven't gotten 1.5 yet. This way they'll have more time to work on it while we're busy with 1.5 and the game's quality will increase.
    14. Plums
      Plums
      On 358/2 Days, while I don't think the entire game should have been playable (way too repetitive to go through all that (again) imo), I think certain parts should have been able to be played through. Probably the biggest one would have been the Xion Battle, since the movie for Days in 1.5 just shifted from right before the fight to the next pat where she dies. It just felt like there was quite a bit of context missing from that, as someone who's played Days (plus, Vector to the Heavens was an excellent battle song ;c).

Re:Coded's gameplay was far better than Days, but I definitely agree that it shouldn't get gameplay. Most of the important facts you really learn from the game are contained in just a few cutscenes -- the ones very near the end at that (though since the "GIMME DATA WORLD" line from Maleficent in DDD, I guess the earlier cutscenes might be more important than at first glance). In any case though, don't really see Re:Coded getting gameplay, 'specially considering it's going up with KH2:FM and BBS:FM which are both pretty huge.
    15. 61
      I disagree. I don't think it should have had gameplay. I think it should have either had the whole game, or none of the game, and tbh I'm glad it had none (wouldn't want to have to play all 3.)
      That said, I think they should have animated some of the action scenes that were important, like the Xion fight. Granted, this is only a summary and not a full substitution for playing the game, and since everyone knows it's a game, it's going to be universally understood why it doesn't show the fight. Still, it would have been nice to see some of the action on screen, considering it has been consistently referred to as a "movie."
    16. Hidden Smithery
      Hidden Smithery
      At the very least, *if* Square ever does decide to remake Days as a game and not a movie, they have all the cutscenes and voice work left over. For the in-game quotes they probably have higher quality versions left over from the original (or they could reuse sounds from RE:CoM and KH2:FM).

I'm probably the only person who actually liked Days.

But finally getting back on topic, I can't wait to see BBS in HD. I wonder if it will still have multiplayer?
    17. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      I resent that! I like Days!
    18. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Look at my KH rankings on my sig. I think more highly of Days then I do KH1 and CoM (and I feel no shame for it at all). It's the only video game to ever make me cry. BUT, it certainly could've used a much better gameplay. The gameplay didn't do the game any justice.

Me too! I didn't really bother with the multiplayer with BBS on the PSP, but I REALLY hope they do something with it in the next HD ReMix.
    19. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      Out of curiosity, what is it you prefer about Days? Is it story? Gameplay? new ideas? Something more specific? A combination? I've always been fascinated by the different ways people can look at the same product
    20. Hidden Smithery
      Hidden Smithery
      For me, I liked looking into how the Organization worked. How the members treated each other. The relationships. I'm still actually playing it, although I know the ending, just to see how much more interesting it gets.

One of my favorite parts of the game was the very beginning; the tutorial missions with those doomed members who got shipped off to Castle Oblivion. Larxene was wonderfully dry and evil, Marluxia was mysterious and interesting (to me at least), Vexen and Zexion were very very smart and understanding, Lexaeus... Still not that interesting....

Honestly if they would remake 358/2 Days on a superior console, something that would allow for more enemies on screen and less lag when there are too many effects (5+ heartless + Roxas using a limit... My poor DS cried.), and changed up the missions, maybe sent Roxas and crew to some different worlds, it could really work. That and multiplayer. I want to play as Xemnas (or even Ansem, that would be awesome [a guy can dream!]) with my KH-loving friends.