Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix Disney Worlds Trailer (BBS: FM)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

After releasing trailers for the Disney worlds featured in Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+, Square-Enix Japan has released a similar trailer featuring the Disney Worlds featured in Birth by Sleep: Final Mix, which can be seen below, showing a closer look at the HD remastering of the PSP game.

Source: Gematsu

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Explode
      Explode
      I come bearing way too many comparison shots, and full analysis. Usually I put them in the same image, but it's probably better to have them separate so you can just use your left/right arrow keys to see the changes.

A lot of the changes are really subtle, but they do make a difference. Considering there's an improvement to most textures in all the Disney worlds, that's pretty impressive. Textures that should have very sharp edges, such as bricks and patterns (like on the drapes in Enchanted Dominion), have the biggest improvement. The transparency maps on plants/trees also look much better (see images of Terra in Castle of Dreams, and Ven at the Coliseum). And check out the image with Terra and Hercules. In the top left those distant buildings look like they changed from bad texture to actual polygons.

The PSP textures have the saturation jacked up, so it's easier to see on a smaller screen. In most cases, I think the more natural hues on the HD version look better. Unfortunately, certain areas of Neverland and the Dwarf Woodlands seem to actually take a slight graphical hit as a result. The grass textures that are essentially one solid color benefited from high saturation because it added a little graininess, which kind of faked detail. The smoother texture in this case makes it look a bit flatter.

And of course while the anti-aliasing isn't perfect, it's much than how it was. Notice how the PSP aliasing hides Snow Whites' corner eyelash.

Obviously it's not going to be perfect on all fronts, but I appreciate how much work they're putting into it.

Attached Files:

2. exile0025
      exile0025
      i really hope the ice cream mini game's difficulty was dumb down a bit it was so hard
      love the part where zack ask aqua for a date always funny
    3. AzzyFox
      AzzyFox
      I hated having to use the PSP for Rumble Racing; it's going to be so much better on the PS3.
      Also, I'm kind of disappointed that the music sounds the same as it did in the original game. It doesn't have that sense of a grander scale that was present in the previews for the worlds in KH2FMHD.