Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix announced

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Korra, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

[​IMG]

Seems like Square-Enix has finally announced the long-rumored Kingdom Hearts HD edition, containing KH:Final Mix, Re:Chain of Memories, and 358/2 Days. Officially titled KINGDOM HEARTS -1.5 HD ReMIX-, it's set to release in Japan at some point in 2013 on the PlayStation 3.
    We will have a better idea of what the announcement says once we have our translator on, but either way this is an exciting new direction for the Kingdom Hearts series!

EDIT: There is supposedly also a Kingdom Hearts game for web browsers in development along the lines of a "social game". The Famitsu article for that can be found here.

Source: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/khhd/

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Korra, Sep 19, 2012.

1. FF Cloud 7
      FF Cloud 7
      YAY HD remix!
      Pitty i don't currently have a PS3. If the release this has an english release then I have a reason to get a PS3 sooner.
      One thing im concern about is: will the cutscenes for days and re com be in realtime or not? Since in re com they were pre rendered and didn't look as good, so hopefully they don't do that this time.

Thanks for the update DPWolf.
    2. Llave
      Llave
      No KHII Final Mix? :c

Something tells me this is another Japanese taunt of a game that we can't have... We'll see once Sumi does her green magic.

SIC 'EM GURL!
    3. Firechakram
      Firechakram
      The set is only going to include the cutscenes from Days, remastered in HD and as part of a theater mode. So you can understand the story of Days without having to play it.

And before everybody complains about no KH2 or anything, they are likely going to make a 2.5 set as well, and that will probably include KH2FM, BBS (FM maybe), and Coded's cutscenes.
    4. Chevalier
      Chevalier
      I think the 1.5 is in reference to what games are in the package. I think they may just release another one being 2.5 (KH2 onwards) but we'll see.

Finally!
    5. Rayku
      Rayku
      Well, the set makes sense anyway

Re:Chain of Memories and Days happens in between the events of 1 and 2. And since they included 1, it would make it easier for the player to understand the story more.
    6. reptar
      reptar
      I really hope this gets localized, since this includes the final mixes I am not so sure. But if it does this will be an instant buy for me, PS2 games look like junk on my TV and I would love to see KH in its best quality on my screen.

Also they are making Days for the PS3???
    7. NemesisPrime
      NemesisPrime
      I think I just fangasmed.

HECK YEAH!!!!!!

I may not own a PS3 currently but that's going to change soon!
    8. Chevalier
      Chevalier
      Apparently, they'll only just have the cutscenes in the theater mode so you know what happens in Days. But the whole game won't be remade.
    9. Rayku
      Rayku
      I think its just the cutscenes made for HD, in theater viewing mode (Kind of like how some of the earlier Final Fantasy games had that option where you can view previous cutscenes)
    10. reptar
      reptar
      That's a bit disappointing, I guess its good for those who don't have a DS or something.
    11. Anixe
      Anixe
      Hmm, 1.5 is half of 3... you almost announced it, Square Enix. Almost.

But, alas, hoping this comes globally. :eek:
    12. Cloud4012
      Cloud4012
      just great I don't have a ps3
    13. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      WHAAAAAAAT~~!?

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! REJOICE! \o/

now, to get my hands on $200 i can shell out for a used ps3...
    14. DH531
      DH531
      I think i'm gonna have to get this, I'll even import it if it doesn't come to the UK....maybe....
      Anyway, would love to see KH on PS3 :D and I hope they do bring out a 2.5 HD remix for BBS too since I still haven't played that haha :3
    15. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Oh, so we'll finally get all of Days in HD. Now no one on youtube can complain about the quality of those clips being terrible (and I'm not talking about just my videos either, I've seen them on plenty of other places)
    16. libregkd
      libregkd
    17. EvilMan_89
      EvilMan_89
      like that meme says "shut up and take my money".

a little lame that 358/2 Days isn't going to be playable though. i was hoping for the same treatment they did for the original COM into PS2.
    18. libregkd
    19. exile0025
      exile0025
      this is my reason to get a ps3