Kid Cudi - Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ty, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]

Tonight, Kid Cudi released his fourth studio album, Satellite Flight: The Journey to Mother Moon, which was initially announced to be an EP. Cudi - who received a poor response from fans and critics on his last two albums after early success in his career - returns to his persona as the "Moon Man" in this project, which he explains is the prelude to his highly-anticipated conclusion to his "Man on the Moon" series that is expected in 2015. Physical copies of the album will be on store shelves April 29th and will include four new songs.

1. Destination: Mother Moon
    2. Going to the Ceremony
    3. Satellite Flight
    4. Copernicus Landing
    5. Balmain Jeans (feat. Raphael Saadiq)
    6. Too Bad I Have to Destroy You Now
    7. Internal Bleeding
    8. In My Dreams 2015
    9. Return of the Moon Man (Original Score)
    10. Troubled Boy

Click for the album stream.

As a huge supporter of Cudi since 2007, I couldn't help but to be disappointed by Indicud. It wasn't the Cudi I knew and I just couldn't really get into the tracks like I did with the Man on the Moon albums and A KiD Named CuDi. This project really blew me away, especially because it was created under the same circumstances as Indicud, with Cudi producing the entire project, albeit assisted by Dot Da Genius on a few tracks this time around. Some of the songs remind me of Daft Punk's soundtrack for TRON: Legacy, especially "Too Bad I Have to Destroy You Now" and "Destination: Mother Moon". I'm really enjoying this album and in relief that Cudi hasn't fallen off.

2. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

bump. don't sleep on this