KHV's Top 10 Pairings

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Krowley Moderator

KHV's Top 10
    ~Pairings~
    The Kingdom Hearts series has shown the bond of friendship and the power it has on the strength of people's hearts. In some instances there are 2 people that just go extremely well together. This could be by the way they act around each other or perhaps just that fanfiction writer's dream that they may end up together romantically. This list tellies what member's of KHV find as the most favored pairings of the Kingdom Hearts cast.

[​IMG]
    #10) Sora x Riku
    Votes: 4
    Average Ranking: 5.0
    The best friend rivalry is a common trope amongst the media world. at the beginning, Riku was always seen as Sora's superior, but as time passed... he still kind of proved himself as Sora's superior. They have have begun working against each other, But their friendship has survived many trials including going into the realm of darkness and back, being manipulated and even taken over by a heartless. This classic duo continues to fight alongside one another and keep their friendship alive.​

[​IMG]
    #9) Riku x Naminé
    Votes: 4
    Average Ranking: 3.0
    Two people who worked together with a common goal of restoring Sora's broken memories. While they had no personal interest in eachother, they formed some form of understanding to one another. When ordered to eliminate Namine, Riku refused and appreciate her value and ability as a person enough to call her a "Wonder." Riku trusts her and Namine believes that he can solve his own problems. A very understanding pair.​
    [​IMG]
    #8) Riku x Kairi
    Votes: 5
    Average Ranking: 7.8
    Lugging her unconscious body around in the first game, Riku had the same intention as Sora in protecting Kairi. The only difference being that Riku was not afraid to go through very cautionary measures which led to a very antagonistic presence against Sora. His admiration for Kairi is later diminished as her heart is revealed to be with Sora's. Even still, he ensures that Sora take care of her if he cannot.
    [​IMG]
    #7) Riku x Xion
    Votes: 5
    Average Ranking: 6.4
    Looking very close to Kairi, Riku's sympathy to a character he is meant to destroy is all the more interesting. As Xion is a part of Sora's memories, he needs to bring Xion with him in order to help Sora awaken. When asked if he hated her for taking his friend away, Riku simply responded that he was sad. He gives her the possibility of making up her own mind on the decision that's right for everyone and never confronts he afterwords.​
    [​IMG]
    #6) Aqua x Terra
    Votes: 6
    Average Ranking: 5.0
    During most of Birth by Sleep, Aqua had a tendency of bringing of Terra in the back of her mind. Of Terra, Ventus and Aqua, it's Aqua who had the most struggle between the bond with her friends and the duties Master Eraqus passed onto her. Both pupils ended up going on different paths while still keeping a strong moral code to protecting their friends. Sadly in the end, it was Aqua who sacrificed herself to keep Terra out of the realm of darkness, only to have him controlled by Master Xehanort.​
    [​IMG]
    #5) Axel x Roxas
    Votes: 6
    Average Ranking: 4.5
    Most to all of their friendship was seen atop that clocktower in Twilight Town. What began as being a part of a heart hungry organization, led to Roxas' eventual betrayal of the organization. Choosing to be with his close companion, Axel soon followed in his leaving of the group in order to be with his best friend. And while they are nobodies, Axel has said that Roxas "made him feel like he had a heart."​
    [​IMG]
    #4) King Mickey x Queen Minnie
    Votes: 7
    Average Ranking: 6.0
    The only Disney couple to make this list. A couple that was established in the 1920's Mickey and Minnie are a timeless couple that haven't actually shared many moments together in the Kingdom Hearts series. The only moment I can recall them being together is in the end credits of Kingdom Hearts 2. (thus the blurred zoom in shot used as the visual) Nonetheless, their reunion is all the more to celebrate the love these two share for one another​
    [​IMG]
    #3) Roxas x Xion
    Votes: 7
    Average Ranking: 4.1
    How would you feel if you ended up destroying one of your best friends, only to lose the memory of them afterwords? Roxas and Xion were a cute pair of keybladers in the Organization, both being used as "tools" to advance their needs. Knowing she needed to help complete Sora's memories, she chose Roxas as her executioner and chose her fate that she deemed would be best for everyone. Cannot see these two being together romantically as well... they're basically the same person.​
    [​IMG]
    #2) Roxas x Naminé
    Votes: 11
    Average Ranking: 4.1
    As being nobodies of Sora and Kairi, their chemistry for each other is similar to their somebody counterparts. Being the hollow hearted beings they are, they felt that they would fade into darkness. But so long as Sora and Kairi were together, then Roxas and Namine would be as well.​
    [​IMG]
    #1) Sora x Kairi
    Votes: 12
    Average Ranking: 2.4
    Honestly, I cannot say I'm surprised. This is one of those relationships that people just assume that they will end up together, and I probably agree with them. The moments these 2 have shared are among some of the more touching in the series, often found at the end of the console games. Cave paintings, papou fruit, those embraced reunited moments, take your pick on why these two are meant to end up together.​

Want to have your say in the next Top 10?

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Nowaki
      Nowaki
      I can't understand how Xion X Roxas got the third place.
      I adore both Xion and Roxas as characters of the series, and they're both one of my favourite characters. But I've never seen a kind of romantical relationship between those two. Even so, they're actually the same person. You don't love yourself this way, do you?
      All the other pairings are more or less comprehensible to me. :)
      Hmm.. my favourite couple of the whole KH series is Axel X Roxas. Not in fact because I would be a crazy fangirl or something like that, so save your words haters.., it's just the way they treat each other.. how their shared past is like and so on. I think Axel and Roxas are the best and most authentic couple in the series, ( and not just because they're both male /./ ). ^^
    2. Hiro ✩
      Hiro ✩

*leaves KH Fandom*
    3. nasirrich
      nasirrich
      Did you really just say Terra and Aq-*Snipped ran over and nuked*
      Why!?!?! How did that even happen!?!?!?! DX >,>

Some of them shouldn't have been in the top ten, but there's a couple of games I didn't play fully, beat, or own so I wouldn't have been able to give a legitimate reasoning for why I feel that it shouldn't be there.
    4. Soranort
      Soranort
      We shall go together.
    5. kingdomheartsgeek
      kingdomheartsgeek
      Why is roxasxaxel the first
    6. Saxima
      Saxima
      This list disgusts me.

Riku x Sora should be #1. So obvious. Tsk.
    7. Light-Rune Maven
      Light-Rune Maven
      I'm seeing a lot of Terra X Aqua hate on here and don't get me wrong i'm not gonna write an argumentation essay, but i would real quickly like to point out why i support their relationship. First off Aqua doesn't just "always Have Terra at the back of her mind" She almost NEVER Gives up on him, and the one time she does recognize he did something wrong she also realizes it wasn't his fault and tries to keep him from making a bad choice.

Then for Terra he wants to help ven Cuase their friends, But with Aqua its almost like he has something to prove, or at least after he fails the mark of mastery. I realize that he also was trying to prove something to master Eraqus, But it seemed to Really hurt him that Aqua was going along Eraqus opinion (or at least thats how he saw it) I also realize they are friends but i refer you to previous evidence.

To me it seems like they just think they can't approach each other about it... (Wow that was longer than it was supposed to be...)
    8. Trizzle13
      Trizzle13
      Maleficient and Pete shouldve been #1 :)

Petenificient 4ever
    9. UltimateKingdomHeartsfan
      UltimateKingdomHeartsfan
      For the most part I agree with the top ten but some I didn't agree with. I think that Roxas and Xion would make a better couple then Roxas and Namine although I do like the RXN paring, I think that Roxas and Xion had a more developed relationship then Roxas and Namine. Yes I know Roxas and Xion are both apart of Sora and are the same person but I just think they'd be so cute together. :) And with Aqua and Terra I think they'd be ok together but Aqua seems better with Zack even though he's also a FF character but I don't really care I mean seriously, he asks her out on a date! She's even be good with Ventus even though he's a little younger although Zack's still a better choice. For some reason it seemed really awkward when ever Aqua and Terra were alone for example the scene in Radiant Garden after the three of them defeated that huge Unversed. But I think they'd be an okay couple because she did sacrifice herself for him, that shows that she really does care about him. I don't know why but I think Terra should be Ventus! :) Their relationship just seemed to developed so well, for example Ventus left to go after Terra not having any idea what would happen and Terra saved Ventus life not knowing it was a set up. And for Axel and Roxas I don't think those two should be a couple Roxas and Xion are just too good together but I do really admire their friendship. :) And with Riku and Namine I actually think they would be good together, they did have the same goal and worked together to achieve it. I thought maybe her and Riku would be good together and they actually do seem like they would. If Roxas and Xion did end up together then Namine should so end up with Riku. Riku would also be decent with Kairi they do have their romantic moments but her and Sora are perfect for each other! And have even more romantic moments! They are so the #1 couple in the game! They have a strong relationship and have the most romantic moments in the game out of every KH paring! Their just so cute together! :) But if nothing works out for Sora and Kairi or Riku and Namine then Sora and Riku should be together! They'd be a good couple. :) And Mickey and Minnie are an obvious couple, no questioning that. :)
    10. Misty
      Misty
      There are actually no completely canon pairings in KH--Sora and Kairi probably come the closest, but Nomura himself has said that he likes to see and supports fans pairing up characters and such, if memory serves. I totally understand if you don't like the KH yaoi pairings--the only one I like is Sora and Riku--but there's no need to discard them either! :]

Also, y'all are silly for not believing in Aqua and Terra, my sweet little babies <3
    11. Seapeople
      Seapeople
      I had never heard of this yaoi stuff until just now...it sounds kind of creepy though (no offense lol).
      Can't believe Sora/Roxas didn't even make the top 20. That one is huge imo, it would definitely be in my top 5.
    12. Silent Wings
      Silent Wings
      Pssshhhh forget all those pairings.

XehanortxKingdomHearts FTW!!!!
    13. Airi Ban
      Airi Ban
      poor soriku with so little votes.
      Not surpised sokai won xD
    14. Cloud4012
      Cloud4012
      Roxas and Namine are a good pair after all they are linked to Sora and Kairi. So it's only natural that they would be a couple
    15. Ɍeno
      Ɍeno
      Axel and Roxas.

They have a very special and unique friendship and I think their personalities, though opposite suit each other quite well.
    16. dawn_oblivion
      dawn_oblivion
      In my opinion, I don't care if people consider Roxas and Xion being "the same person." Each formed their own hearts and personalities, not to mention their own bodies. In my book, they deserve to be together.

As for Sora and Kairi, I'm speechless in a good way.
    17. Glen
      Glen
      I always liked Roxas Xion, glad to see it got highly placed. Not surprised at all that Kairi and Sora got the highest place, it's typically the most associated, damnit square! Surprised that Axel and Roxas got 5th though o.o
    18. CrownMoksha
      CrownMoksha
      Well aside from the expected ones, there were a few I didn't even know that people considered a thing.