KHV Newscast - a Youtube Community News series

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Lauriam, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Newscast logo.png

As I've mentioned recently, we here at KH-Vids.net are planning to expand our influence over to the Youtube half of the internet, starting with the creation of a new 'Community Channel' in addition to our 'Cutscene Hub' channel. This means that our Community Channel needs projects - and the Newscast is going to be one such project.

~ What is this?

The Newscast is going to be a monthly ten-minute series, hosted by myself and Heart, featuring site, community, and KH news. Each month, we're going to be joined by a guest star, open to community members who'd like to participate. The video will be animated with Avatar Sprites for each of us, and we have several segments planned for each episode:
    • What's Happening on KHV? - Forum and site news regarding Events and Projects going on that month
    • Something Cool - A sort of 'human interest' segment, varying month by month. This would be a short discussion about something going on that month on the forums or Discord, a fun fad or a new user-run game in the Playground that looks interesting
    • Kingdom Hearts News - A recap of all the cool Kingdom Hearts news released that month
    • Twitter Q&A - Users can submit questions to us via Twitter, and the hosts (myself, Heart, and our guest host for that month) will all select our favorites and answer them on the show
    ~ How do I apply to be a guest star?

Right now, applications are only going to be open to Contributors first, and Premiums second. Applications are going to open sometime in early April, and will include a short questionnaire and a 'build your avatar' section for the guest slot sprite. The selected guest star will be announced around a month before the video is posted, to give users plenty of time to submit questions.

~ What's the schedule for this project?

The Newscast will be uploaded to Youtube on the last Sunday of every month. The guest star will be selected on the first Sunday of the month, immediately followed by writing the episode outline and picking our Q&A questions. After everything's written, we'll find a time where we can all three record the episode, sometime between the second and third Sundays, and then we'll give the audio and avatars to our wonderful producer - Aelin - so she can put the video together in time and upload it to the channel on, you guessed it, the last Sunday of the month.

~ Why are you telling us all this now?

Well, with such a big project in the works, we're gonna need some help to get it off the ground! And that's where you guys come in: We're going to be running a contest - or rather, two contests - to let you guys be a part of this and contribute to the KHV Newscast!

~ Theme Music Contest!

We're gonna need some music, you guys! We'll need a short, five-to-ten second Intro Theme to play along with our logo at the beginning of the video, a background loop track to play in the background during the video, and a twenty-to-thirty second Credits track to play at the end. If you want to compose music that's Kingdom Hearts-y or even just a remix of some Kingdom Hearts tracks, that's fine, but you're also free to submit any style of music you wish. You're also free to submit as many tracks as you want! After the deadline, a public thread will be posted with all the track submissions, and users (including staff) will be able to vote for the tracks they like best!

In order to submit your tracks, please upload them via Discord DM's with me (Marushi#6324) in .mp3 format. Submissions are due by April 2nd. Note: ALL submissions must comply with the KHV Content Rules.

~ Logo Contest!

In addition to the music, we're also opening up Logo Design to our art lovers here on KHV! What we need is an eye-catching, professional looking logo for the Newscast! It must include the words "KHV" OR "KH-Vids," "Community," and "Newscast," and it's recommended to use our official KHV Logo, though not required. Other than that, express your creativity and just, make something nice! You can submit as many logos as you want, and after the deadline, a public thread will be posted with all the art submissions, and users (including staff) will be able to vote for the logos they like best!

In order to submit your logos, please upload them via Discord DM's with me (Marushi#6324) in .png format. All submissions must have a resolution of at least 1280x720, with an aspect ratio of 16:9. Submissions are due by April 2nd. Note: ALL submissions must comply with the KHV Content Rules.

~ I have an idea for another segment you could use on the show!

Great! I would love to hear it! Anyone who has an idea for another segment is welcome to post it either here in this thread, or in Discord DM's or Private Messaging here on the site if you wish to remain anonymous. We really want this project to be a reflection of our community and a series we can all look at as something we helped to make happen. Ideas for it are always going to be welcome, and I look forward to seeing what we all come up with!

2. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Super excited to be a part of this!

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Cant wait for sign ups! :O

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alright, so, I had a total of zero entries in both contests, lol, so I'm sorry to say the User Submitted logo and theme music contest has been cancelled. We're going to postpone the launch of the project as we start work on these things ourselves, and as there are a few other things I personally fell behind on and need more time to complete anyway. Sorry to have to cancel the contest, but we will still be inviting users to apply as a guest star on the show, when we're closer to launch, so don't lose any of that hype! XD