[KHV] KINGDOM HEARTS: 358/2 Days (Reason the Sun is Red)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Mike Chaser

The [KHV] fandub production continues for KINGDOM HEARTS: 358/2 Days. In the video above, Axel and Roxas are on the clocktower. It appears that they were waiting for Xion. While waiting for Xion, who is late, Axel and Roxas talk about the sun and how many days Roxas has been in the organization since he got his name. As far as spoilers go, there really aren't any in this clip. This is our first fandub for Days that includes the full scene, although it lacks to be a long video in time. Cast information for the fandub is listed below. Please rate and comment. Suggestions would also help.

Video Cast
    Translations: Olivia (Heart Station) & Mike (CGNET)
    Videos Recorded: DChiuch (KH13.com)
    Video Editing: Mike (CGNET)

Voice Over Cast
    » Roxas: Mike (CGNET)
    » Axel: Newkidaye
    » Understudy for Axel: Bacon

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Aug 31, 2009.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. daggerd
      daggerd
      sounds just like roxas
    2. Destined
      Destined
      Not too bad, however I lol'ed a bit when a bit of a New York accent came out in Roxas.
    3. TheMuffinMan
      TheMuffinMan
      No really, this is absolutely awful, and I don't see why it was necessary to delete my post saying so.
    4. Jⱥy
      Jⱥy
      lol i love fandubs xD

its funny when you hear a different voice come out of someone you know
    5. Mike
      Mike
      I deleted your post because you like to start trouble, just like the time on my user profile. I won't keep up comments that just say "It was just terrible." It's nasty and in my opinion, not worth it. Members can have a way of nicely putting it, but for you, it seems that it doesn't matter. In my opinion, you appear to be very nasty and have a problem with me for reasons I just can't understand. You always have a remark to me and for now on I will either ignore it or delete your post depending on how negative and harsh the comment is towards myself, members or the team. It's just shouldn't be acceptable. If you don't like it, or you think it should be better, then that's fine. Please don't sit here and insult me in what ever way you can, because you proved to me already that you always do it.

Everyone deserves a opinion and I don't mind if you share yours, but there's just a nice way of putting it.
    6. TheMuffinMan
      TheMuffinMan
      Suppress my freedom of speech, will you? Communist.

Fine, I'll try and find a nice way of putting this

I'm sure you are an upstanding gentleman and a productive member of society

but I also find you to be faggot ass.
    7. xkh2x
      xkh2x
      that was good! (:
      I would've said to put a bit more emotion into it but then I realised nobody's don't have emotions.. :(
    8. Juicy
      Juicy
      Honestly, the guy who voiced Axel doesn't sound like Axel at all. Just...slightly constipated.

Roxas sounded a bit more like himself, I guess. Whats with the credits that go on forever? :v
    9. Advent
      Advent
      ^ Not a valid excuse.

Honestly, it could have used more emotion at certain points. A lot more. At times it seemed completely plain. Axel's VA was trying WAY too hard. His voice sounded really strained the entire time. Overall it sounded unnatural and emotionless.
    10. Mycenia
      Mycenia
      And the site officially loses 70% of it's viewer base...
    11. the muffin man
      the muffin man
      Sh*t! You gotta be the member with the worse rep in KHV!
    12. Mike
      Mike
      I don't know what that means. Overall unnatural and emotionless? The emotion was there, but the scenes were calm. Roxas was explaining the days, it wasn't really going deep where emotion was showing. I watched the Japanese one and the same tone was there.

Yea, I don't think a fandub will do that to a fansite. I find it impossible. It's not like I just update about fandubs and leave the fansite without news. It doesn't matter, as of now I'm done with the production or taking a break from even posting it on KHV. It's not worth it. For the most part members enjoy it, but the trouble makers like yourself get to me and I've had it.
    13. TheVader74
      TheVader74
      I agree that Axel sounded strained, and resultingly unnatural, but I disagree with emotionless. Axel could have been better, but wasn't bad.

...Why do you find pleasure in this? We did this because we wanted to. We didn't put ourselves out there to have ingrates like you two bring us down. If you didn't like it, Either be constructive about criticism, or stay quiet. Don't understand Constructive? Then don't say anything at all. SIMPLE.

I realize I'm talking to one guy who's been banned, but I don't care, this goes for anyone. Now, enough of the raging. We've done a lot of these scenes now. Anymore would pretty much go into spoiler territory, if memory serves.
    14. Catch the Rain
      Catch the Rain
      Never was there more proof of the internet being serious business as is displayed in this thread~

I'd comment but considering someone already got banned after expressing their dislike then I think I will hold back.

That being said, I think it would be worth remembering that when you are only using your voice you have to put a lot more emphasis and emotion into it. When acting on stage etc then the audience can also react off positioning and facial expressions, when all they have is your voice then you need to make sure you put everything into it.

Good luck with any future dubs~
    15. NewKidaye
      NewKidaye
      Thanks for the feedback.

That's not my strained Axel voice, that's my gruff Quinton Flynn voice. My strained Axel voice sounds much different.

I was attempting to emulate the gruffness that Flynn puts into his Axel voice, but I suppose I went to far with it as I usually do (after all, my favorite impersonation is Christian Bale's Batman voice XD.) I'll try either using less gruffness, or just imitating Flynn's regular voice, as Flynn's talking voice has the same tone as Axel's. I'll also try talking louder. The louder I talk, the better I can impersonate Flynn's Axel.

And on the subject of emotion, I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of emotion for this scene, as this is simply casual banter. I don't see how it could have used "a lot more" of emotion. However, if you feel it is needed, I'll insert more emotion in this and other scenes.

If anyone else has any tips or commentary on my Axel voice/performance it would be greatly appreciated. This is the first serious dub I've voiced for, seeing how I've only voiced for abridged series prior to this.
    16. Mike
      Mike
      He was not banned for the dislike of the fandub. He may have been banned for other reasons that don't just relate to this. It's not my place to expain what happened. Also I want to add that calling me a ****** in the thread is totally un-called for. As for your advice, I do appreciate what you said. Thanks for the advice Kay.

I didn't mean that. I just meant for now. I might plan a Birth By Sleep in time.
    17. Vaxing
      Vaxing
      I thought the emotion was fine considering the scene was supposed to be rather placid so I think Roxas was done fine. I do agree that Axel was a little to gruff at times but the voice sounded pretty close at parts. I personally think the fandub is improving in quality as it goes.
    18. Mycenia
      Mycenia
      I can't really speak for anyone in here besides myself, but I honestly don't find pleasure in this. I'm like hitman monkey; no joy in what I do. I say what I say because I feel if I have something to say, I should say it without having anything holding me back.

That said, I find it difficult to provide constructive criticism in a situation where I find it...basically impossible to do so. Like say, a picture says a thousand words:
      [​IMG]
      If you can provide coherent constructive criticism for that piece of "art" so that it may reach an at least 20% amateur level, then I too will cease whatever I said, and will provide criticism to the fandub as well.

It's fairly obvious that the ******ry level in here has been maxed out to Overdrive. Mike can say whatever he wants to, but truth is...TMM hasn't really said anything banworthy...at all. And yet here he shows disdain for the project, and whammo...gets the banhammer. Nice asskissing to the mods, Mikey mah boy. Now we should all countdown to the day when you get kicked off this site as well! You've already got three down!

XD! I do! I think I really do! Well, prepare for a shocker: I try not to be a troll around here. But it looks like KH fantards like Mike don't really appreciate realists...

Then again...unlike most members here, I kinda know all of Mike's screw ups at the other sites he worked at, and got booted off of. XD
    19. Mike
      Mike
      "It just shocks me for the world we live in. Like OMG this world is so nice."
      I just have to add that no matter what you think happned at KHU, it doesn't affect me. You will never know becuase you weren't in my shoes and truthfully I don't care what happened there. I care for my team and the members. In the end, I will continue to do what I can to keep the website updated and in the process I will help with what ever needs to be done.

"I'm not perfect, I'm only human." I think at a point everyone messes up at least once in their life time. I guess I'm hurting the website by posting videos that translates and helps members hear what the video would sound like if it was in English. I guess it's also bad that I didn't accept being called a ***. Yet in the end, I would never stoop to the level of ever hurting someone's feelings, work or anything that involves them. It's just not who I am. I'm sorry for how this thread has turned out guys. The drama needs to stop, so with that said this thread is now C L O S E D.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.