Announcement: KHV Karaoke Night!

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Calxiyn, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

All right, everyone, Cal has decided that we'll be doing this this Saturday, August 6, at 4 PM ET! Make sure you've got your songs ready, especially anyone who's planning to record rather than sing live!

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'm sorry to have to do this, but things have come up in my schedule, and I won't be able to participate in karaoke night.

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Thanks for letting me know! (Fearless and Tummer). I hope you guys join in next time!

Remember everyone should be there a half an hour early if possible if they want to run their songs. The order is updated and on the front page.

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Lol, I feel weird being the only person with two songs, but... Let's do this, lol. XD

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Don't feel weird Maru. Maybe I'll sing a second song if there's time left at the end.

Is that a thing we can do? It should totally be a thing.

6. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Yeah sure!

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I'm up for singing a second song too lmao

8. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

The video from last KN will be up very soon!!

Our next theme is: Disney Songs (Movies or Musicals)

Same time, August, Saturday the 13th at 4PM ET. If you can't sing live for whatever reason you can always send in your mix! I also updated the achievement list!

9. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

I'll do the Christina Aguilera verison of Reflection from Mulan.

And I might do another song too. IDK yet.

10. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Still haven't decided on a song, but I'll definitely participate.

And I think the whole 'getting two or even three songs' was just because we didn't have enough participants. My understanding is we get one song, unless otherwise specified like a day before the show. But I might be mistaken on that...

11. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

It does depend on how many people right now, but if you're willing to sing another song you should choose it now so you can prepare yourself. If we do get 15 people, we won't have time for it, however if I say a few days before "Hey guys first come first serve pick another song" that's when you'll post it, if that makes sense.

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Cool, cool. lol, I'm having trouble finding a song that is in my range AND isn't a duet AND doesn't have a really long instrumental part. XD

13. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

( There is an achievement for singing a duet by yourself haha )

14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, true... XD But if I did that, I'd want to record one part beforehand and then sing the other part alongside the recording. I can do that, but I'm not sure if the instrumentals came through fine when I sang live. I know a lot of people had trouble hearing instrumentals, so did my backing tracks play throughout my whole performance, or did they cut out when I wasn't singing?

(Though speaking of achievements, Paper Moon is in Japanese, save for a few random lines in English here and there. Did those lines like, disqualify it from being counted as a song in another language? lol) XD

EDIT: And oh yeah, does 'You'll be in my Heart' not count as a Disney Song, since it was technically recorded by Phil Collins?) XD

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Your tracks played fine, yours were probably the best heard. The only person we had a problem with losing with HoT, both because of connection and track.

(I'll put in those achievements soon but since I'm uploading the video on the KN account google docs locked me out loool)

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Okay, cool, thanks! I'll probably be able to figure something out, then. :) I'll decide by tomorrow. :)

17. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

It's up!

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

if anyone wants to listen to my song with higher quality you can find it here on my soundcloud .w. i'm so glad you guys liked it aaaaaa

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alright, I'm gonna take a chance and I'm gonna be singing 'Stand Out' from a Goofy Movie. XD Haven't sung that song in a long time, so we'll see if I still got it or not. XD

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Sorry, I'm changing it. XD The instrumental version I found turned out to be a lot worse than I'd originally realized. There just aren't good karaoke tracks for Goofy Movie. XD Instead, I'll be singing I Won't Say I'm in Love from Hercules. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.