Idol KHV Idol!

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by T3F, Oct 18, 2012.

1. T3F Chaser

[​IMG]
    Welcome to KHV Idol! This is a friendly little competition built for all KHV singers in order to show what they've got!

HOW IT WORKS?

This works the same way as any other competition on KHV. Each month, there will be a theme. You get to choose a song that fits that theme and sing for your life! You can either choose to mix your own vocals or send them to me for mixing. When all entries have been received and mixed, we will put up a poll, which will run for about a week. The winning entry will be posted on the official KHV Idol YouTube page, as well as any entrants who want theirs up there too :)

Excited? Awesome! Now then, some rules…

GENERAL RULES!
    In order to have the least amount of voting bias possible, all entries will be PM’ed to me by the deadline (the poll will have numbered entries, rather than your names)
    Please keep all songs appropriate to KHV

If you would like to withdraw your entry or change it, you can do so but it must be well before the deadline. Don’t PM me the hour before and say ‘I wanna change it.’ Especially if I’m mixing your vocals, because then crazy Amethyst will come, and you don’t want that to happen xD

You can’t vote for yourself. Tempting as it is, I know the entries and I will know who voted for who, so if you do vote for yourself, you will be disqualified! (That means not able to enter for the next 2 rounds)

This is quite important: If I am mixing your vocals, you must send me your lines and a high quality instrumental at least 3 days before the deadline.

I can’t stress this enough: DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRIES IN THIS THREAD! Please PM ME with them!!

We’re keeping it friendly, guys, this is all for fun. I know how some people can get quite competitive and ‘trash talk’ their opponents. This will not be accepted. Its not a very serious competition, and you will always get achievements for participating!

Duets/Groups are allowed, but please PM me with who is in your group

(Copied from KN, but also apply here If you are sending me your lines). Time your lines, as instructed in the tutorial video, NO WAV FILES (I will NOT accept them anymore, this has been said 1000 times), and things should be okay. I should be able to open the instrumental, line up your file and be done. If it doesn't line up, I'm not going to fix it (I mean if it's extreme, I'll fix the little things). If it's off-time or sounds really messed up or clashy, it's your fault.

[​IMG]

KHVI #9 theme: Movies
    Sing any song from a movie!
    Deadline: Wednesday April 22

Happy Singing!

This thread will be used for discussion about the theme.
    Look forward to seeing everyone’s entries! Good Luck and Have Fun!

Theme Suggestions Thread: http://www.kh-vids.net/threads/khv-idol-theme-suggestions.134023/

[​IMG]
    1. Sebax- 48 points
    2. darkhorseD- 46 points
    3. Amethyst- 28 points
    4. Tale Wind- 8 points

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ooh, this looks like it could be fun! I think I might enter, once I've done my recording for Karaoke Night. And then I'll have to choose a song... o.o

Hmm, future categories? Maybe Disney Villain Songs? Showtunes? Boy band songs? The Beatles? I'm just thinking out loud; feel free to stop me at any time.

3. T3F Chaser

Haha nope all good. I'll update the OP with future suggestions (Maybe make another thread for them later...idk...[DOUBLEPOST=1350647738][/DOUBLEPOST]>Made a new thread for theme suggestions. Check it out: www.kh-vids.net/threads/khv-idol-theme-suggestions.134023

4. Mish smiley day!

Great idea, Amethyst! c: And good luck with this project.

I'll be sure to send in an entry~

5. T3F Chaser

Thankyou Mish :) Looking forward to your entry!

Oh btw @Thread. The deadline wont always be this far away. It just is this time because my exams finish on November 8... So yeah, deadlines will usually be about 1-2 weeks from the original post. Just thought I'd share that :)

6. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

This looks like fun, I'll make sure to enter! =)
    Now, time to activate my singing powers....

7. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Amethyst this is a wonderful idea oh gosh. Thank you for putting it into existence!

I will have a duet entry up soon with a friend, quite hopefully.

8. T3F Chaser

Sweet! Thanks for entering, looking forward to it! :)

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

How fantastic. I'll see what I can bring up.

10. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I HAVE to take part this sounds great. I'll get something in when I make a decision on a song, for sure.

How are we hearing the entries to judge on exactly? on Youtube, download file like on box?

11. T3F Chaser

I was gonna go with box, seeing as my video-ing skills aren't too flashy...
    However, I may make a Youtube channel, and all the entries can be up when the voting is over, or something like that...[DOUBLEPOST=1350950748][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: Made a channel! Probably going to post the winners of each round up when the voting is done, and whoever also wants their entries up there too :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/KHVIdol

^There it is :)

12. T3F Chaser

UPDATE!
    We have our very first entry already mixed and ready to go! get them in by November 14!!!
    That is all

13. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Just about to send mine in now.

Come on guys get this going and send yours in! XD

14. T3F Chaser

Woo! Secomd entry!

Seriously guys, you have a little over a week to go...get them in!!

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

So, do you want us to send our recording, in addition to a link to the instrumental? And furthermore, where do we send our stuff? :/

16. T3F Chaser

If you have already mixed your vocals with the instrumental, then dont worry about sending the instrumental. Otherwise, you need to send your lines and the instrumental to me so that I can mix them.
    Send your entries to me via PM :)

17. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I'm planning to send mine over tomorrow! u v u
    oh dear, actually participating! erp.

I'll try and mix it myself (though I really have not much of a clue how) so I'll see if I can send my attempted mixed version, but I'll definitely be sending the karaoke of the song and my recorded vocals.

18. T3F Chaser

Hey all!

So...I don't mean to be a horrible person or anything, but I have to give in my school laptop by sometime next week. That means that if you're not mixing your own vocals, I would like to have your entries before Monday. I know thats really annoying but its just so that those who need mixing I can mix before I have to give my laptop in. I will probably give it in at the latest time...like the 15th or something to make sure everything is alright. But yeah if you guys want me to mix your vocals they must be in by Monday. Thankyou in advance :)

EDIT: We have 3 entries ready to go!

19. T3F Chaser

Hey all!

We have entry number 4 in and ready to go! Also, just a friendly reminder that if I'm mixing your vocals, then today is the absolute last day to send them in! After that, the only entries I will accept are the ones you have mixed yourself.

Mix-Yourself Entries are due in a few days...get them in! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1352620752][/DOUBLEPOST]
    UPDATE!!!
    So guys, I'm thinking of adding a little Point System to our competition, just to spice up the competitive-ness of it all. It kinda works like the achievement system of KN, but its different. You can't really do anything with these points, its just going to be kept as a ladder (so you can see who you need to beat to get to the top of it :) )
    So here we go!
    Participant!: (1 point)
    You participated in KHVI this time!
    Dynamic Duo: (3 points)
    You sang in a duet for KHVI! Good Job!
    Group Troupe!: (5 points)
    You formed a group for KHVI! Well Done!
    3rd: (6 points)
    You came in 3rd place in KHVI! Woo hoo!
    2nd: (8 points)
    You were Runner up in this round of KHVI! That's Awesome!
    1st: (10 points)
    You won this round of KHVI! Absolutely Amazing!
    So eg. If you won KHVI this round and you were in a duo, then you would get 14 points. Points can be re-earned
    More achievements will be added soon :)

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

"A few days?" That means they don't have to be in tomorrow? : D