Idol KHV Idol Reboot!

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by SoulboundAlchemist, May 5, 2017.

1. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Hello everyone! Welcome to the rebooted KHV Idol!
    Now, I know that I am basically just copying and pasting the initial post in the original thread, but I figured that it would be a good idea to use it as the initial post for the reboot thread. I mean, its got all the details you need, so why fix something that isn't broken? In any case, for all the information you need, check below! [​IMG]

Welcome to KHV Idol! This is a friendly little competition built for all KHV singers in order to show what they've got!

HOW IT WORKS?

This works the same way as any other competition on KHV. Each month, there will be a theme. You get to choose a song that fits that theme and sing for your life! You can either choose to mix your own vocals or send them to me for mixing. When all entries have been received and mixed, we will put up a poll, which will run for about a week. The winning entry will be posted on both YouTube, and SoundCloud, as well as any entrants who want theirs up there too :)

Excited? Awesome! Now then, some rules…

GENERAL RULES!

In order to have the least amount of voting bias possible, all entries will be PM’ed to me by the deadline (the poll will have numbered entries, rather than your names)

Please keep all songs appropriate to KHV

If you would like to withdraw your entry or change it, you can do so but it must be well before the deadline. Don’t PM me the hour before and say ‘I wanna change it.’ Especially if I’m mixing your vocals, because then grumpy SoulboundAlchemist will come, and you don’t want that to happen xD

You can’t vote for yourself. Tempting as it is, I know the entries and I will know who voted for who, so if you do vote for yourself, you will be disqualified! (That means not able to enter for the next 2 rounds)

This is quite important: If I am mixing your vocals, you must send me your lines and a high quality instrumental at least 3 days before the deadline.

I can’t stress this enough: DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRIES IN THIS THREAD! Please PM ME with them!!

We’re keeping it friendly, guys, this is all for fun. I know how some people can get quite competitive and ‘trash talk’ their opponents. This will not be accepted. Its not a very serious competition, and you will always get achievements for participating!

Comments and criticisms are always welcome, if you have something constructive to say, by all means, say it.

Duets/Groups are allowed, but please PM me with who is in your group

Everyone who plans on participating MUST post in the thread that they will be entering the round BEFORE sending me their entry. If you are not sure if you'll be able to participate, send me a PM saying so.

(Copied from KN, but also apply here If you are sending me your lines). Time your lines, as instructed in the tutorial video, NO WAV FILES (I will NOT accept them anymore, this has been said 1000 times), and things should be okay. I should be able to open the instrumental, line up your file and be done. If it doesn't line up, I'm not going to fix it (I mean if it's extreme, I'll fix the little things). If it's off-time or sounds really messed up or clashy, it's your fault.

[​IMG]

KHVIR #3 theme: Showtunes
    Sing a song that originates from a "show", this includes Broadway musicals, movies, and TV showes, as long as the songs were originally written for a TV show, movie or Broadway musical. Please send the information for your chosen song as soon as possible, preferably before you record so that I can confirm that it is within the rules of the round.

Deadline: Wednesday September 27

Happy Singing!

This thread will be used for discussion about the theme.
    Look forward to seeing everyone’s entries! Good Luck and Have Fun!

Theme Suggestions Thread: https://kh-vids.net/threads/khv-idol-reboot-theme-suggestion.156530/

[​IMG]
    Day~Dream: 3
    SoulboundAlchemist: 3
    Hakumei Eien Ibusaki: 3
    Caanan: 3
    Zelda: 1

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

Quick question, will it be like the karaoke night thread where one had to post that they were participating and with their chosen song title?

3. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

No, don't worry, all you need to do is send me your entry when you're done. Remember to send it via PM, or send me a PM with questions.

4. Hakumei Eien Ibusaki Moogle Assistant

Looking forward to this! Good luck and have fun! =D

5. Caanan Moogle Assistant

Hello. Looking forward to participating! -^v^- ♪~!

6. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Alright! One entry in! Looking forward to hearing the coming entries!

7. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

One week to go, and I still only have one entry. I repeat, one week remaining! If you're not in panic mode, you should be!

8. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

And thats 2 entries folks! This is shaping up to be an excellent first round!

9. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Times running out everyone, if you haven't gotten me your entry yet, you have until 5:00 PM EST tomorrow to get it to me. I currently have 3 entries, and they sound AMAZING! Good luck everyone!

10. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Aaannnddd, thats a wrap people. Check back in a day or two for the voting thread to appear. I'm going to be doing things a little different to Amethyst. I'll be making a video with all of your entries in, hence why it'll be a day or two for the voting thread.

11. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

12. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Time is running out! If you haven't voted yet, hurry and vote before 12:00 PM EST!

13. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Alright everyone, the starting post has been updated! Good luck to everyone!

14. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

OK guys, slight rule change. I wan everyone who plans on, but is not sure if they will be able to enter sending me a PM to let me know. I also want everyone who plans on, and is definitely going to be able to enter posting in here. You don't have to post what song you're doing, but I do want to be able to see who is planning to enter, and be able to plan accordingly. Its mostly because one of the future rounds will involve me picking a song for you, so I want you all to be in the habit of posting in here, or PMing me. Thank you all for participating, good luck on this next round, and, most importantly, have fun!

15. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I'm on board for this upcoming round. This is stuff is fun. ;D

16. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Hey guys, so I've gotten a couple requests for an extension on the deadline, so I'm gonna extend the deadline to this Friday. Good luck everyone!

17. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Alright everyone, if you haven't gotten me your entries yet, be sure to get it to me by 10:00 tonight

18. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Hey guys, so about the current round. I've been away from my computer for a week or two now, so I haven't had a chance to post it yet. So, because of that, I'm going to post it at the end of this month. Consider this your opportunity to tweak or send in any entries.

19. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Alright guys, sorry about the wait, Round 2 voting is up!

20. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Remember guys, if you are participating in the next round, which is showtunes, I need you guys to post here.