KHV dieing?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by 9Kairi9hearts, Jul 16, 2010.

1. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

I have only recently joined this site, and I have heard a lot about how the site used to be so much better then this, and I was wondering if anyone else thinks that the site may be dieing off?

(if this is spam, I am sorry, I just wanted this to be posted somewhere that people will stay on topic, if it is spam, then please, by all means, move it, I just wanted an Intelligent discussion about this)

2. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

If you look at any forum (be it 4chan, IGN, even KH-I, I've seen), you'll see that the members who have been around for a decent amount of time will say that things were better back when they first joined. The funny thing about this in KH-V's case is that there really aren't any really old members left minus a couple of staff members and a few members who poke their heads in every now and then. This means that a majority of the people who claim that it's dying aren't exactly ancient members, and when they first joined, the even older members said the same thing about the site being better in the old days. I think it's really more of a view that's inherited when you start to become a more seasoned member of the site, for some reason or another. Long story short, I don't think KH-V is dying at all, I simply think that its appeal is shifting from one group of people to another.

3. SplitOverload Chaser

lawls there are bunch that left and didn't bother coming back.

What most older members mean would be that KH-Vids is not the same as it used to be.

4. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I wouldn't say it's dieing, just having a rough time (i am a member to a few "dieing" sites so yeah there's a difference and i can tell it) but surely things have changed since i joined. Some for better some for worse unfortunately.

But let me tell you. This place has seen better days.

5. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

In comprison to what it was it is dying but in comparison to other sites its quiet active. KHI has gone almost completely dead. This is the most active KH site on the net.

6. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Hmmm... a site dying means that every day less and lees people visit it,a dn when noone visits it anymore it's like... dead :P
    So far I haven't seen any signs of dying, KH-Vids is pretty popular. Perhaps you mean that in some particular sections less people post and have discussions, where some other time it was more popular there. But that doesn't mean the average posting is below what it used to be; And neither does it mean it's above. For that you need to gather information from the times you thought it was more popular, and compare it to today's statistics.
    But even a drop in visitors count doesn't mean the site is dying, it cannot be constant or raising all the time. xD

7. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Agreed. I know that when I started becoming really active last year, the members that joined before me were saying this. Now there are more newer members posting and less people who've been on the site for a long time. More of the oldies just lurk. :v

8. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

This forum was much better a while ago. When I first joined there were more people. It was nice. Now all the people I joined with have either been banned/left. The site has also changed in rules, I used to like that it was strict and having whore in your name or something along those lines would get you banned. Now you can swear all you want and they don't do anything.

Wasn't this site supposed to be kid friendly?

9. Mish smiley day!

lol it was like that. Then Sara left.

WHORES!

10. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

You got a point there.

There might not be not a drop in numbers (let me doubt that) but surely there is in quality.

11. Luka Deafening silence

Yeah people've been saying it's dying over 3 years ago. :/

12. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Moved to spam.

Anyway, I don't think it's dying, just shifting in members. As others have said, some of the older members have moved on, and that's understandable. Quite a bit have stayed, but the site sees new members every day.
    The problem comes mostly from there being no tolerance to new members, like say a new and younger member posts a thread with not so great grammar in the spam zone, almost everyone will jump on them and harass them. There's no way for them to be integrated into our "society", so there's a big rift between the old members and new members.

As for the swearing thing, it's allowed in limited amounts. Constantly swearing will still get you a warning, I know I have given several people infractions for excessive swearing, because yeah, it is still a 13+ site.
    Unless you guys would like staff to hand out warnings for any time we see the f-bomb or some other word along those lines?

Btw, offensive names are still banned, staff does keep track of who changes their name to what and, if deemed too extreme, are not changed.

13. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Now, I am possibly one of the oldest members still active. And I must say, that while the site has changed (like, a lot), it is in no way dieing.
    Personally, I think it's one of the most active sites I've ever been on.
    It's also my favorite sites ever <3

But yea, the people of the site are kind of intolerant of noobs. We've all been there, guys, once upon a time. In about 2 years, all those noobs are gonna be in our position.

14. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

People, people, please. All I ask is that you spell dying correctly.

15. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I've been around since 2007, which was what consider to be the end of the "Golden Age of KHV". There were tons of really funny premium members, members who I respected and looked up to. (Cin, Saki, Ghetto, etc.)

Actually, a couple of them weren't even premium yet. I looked up to them, they were so good at the internet, and I wanted their skills. So I tried to emulate them. I came off as a major try-hard jerk, because I was still a newbie, and I didn't always spell correctly. I also didn't know the correct times to say things, and, in copying those people, I seemed like a jerk because, as it turned out, they themselves were pretty high on the jerk-o-meter.

Some time passed, and by now, premiums were teal, not pink anymore. I still came off as a pretty annoying try-hard, and some people started to dislike me. I didn't really do anything to change that, as I just wrote everything off that I did as "I did it to be obnoxious xD" Eventually, I would learn this wasn't acceptable, but I didn't know that yet.

After this time, I met some people not through khv, but who I knew from other things. They all had khv accounts, though, and they were my friends. They taught me how to be more random than mean, but because of their teachings I sort of came off as what we think of as the noobs of khv today. I didn't care though, and I was having fun.

Some more members joined, or maybe they had already joined and I hadn't noticed them, but they were Famous and Fearless. They were exactly what their usernames described. They were liked by all, and were respected. Yet they were just normal members, like me. I looked into this, and asked Destiny's Force and Amber for some help. They gave me some tips on posting, but they didn't really help very much. But after Famous and Fearless joined, I discovered that one could be respected, like Ghetto, Cin, and Saki, while still being liked, which was the case of Famous and Fearless.

I tried to do better, but then all of a sudden there were wave after wave of new members. At this time, I think my usernames was still Steal the Hail. So anyway, new members joined, and I started to see some of the premiums gradually leave. I started to take littler interest in the site, and didn't check it as often as I do now. I posted like 70% less than I post now. I don't know why I took a break, but I just did.

When I finally decided to come back for good, khv was a different place. Sparse was the number of premiums who were in their prime when I was still a noob. I thought this might be a time to actually improve myself. During my hiatus, I had made some good friends irl. One friend in particular who enjoyed the internet and other things as much as I did. We learned from eachother about how to do things the "right" way both online and off. We became, and still are, the most respected members of our group of friends. And not just respected, but also enjoyable. People liked being around us, something that never happened when I was still a noob on khv. It seemed like as I grew on the internet, I grew in real life, too.

So, now that I was back, I was a bit more internet savvy. I established my own personality online, a personality that was pretty much the same as my personality in real life. A personality I liked. But still, premmy after premmy left, and newbie after newbie arrived. (I almost was gonna say came, lol) I wasn't really copying anyone at this point, and really went with the flow. At first I didn't really like all the new members, but eventually I came to realize the site was just changing, as all sites do. This site isn't dying, it's simply going through a change, that will be good for some people, as it was for me, and bad for others.

^ My own experiences with the site.

tl;dr version: stuff happened.

16. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

For a second there, I thought KHV was dieting.

17. The Fuk? Dead

I wish they didn't. I wanna be iFuk. >:

18. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They should start. Like gosh.

19. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Sorry dude. Be happy your current change went through. xD

20. The Fuk? Dead

Yeah, I guess you have a point. xD