KHV Cosplay Club

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Korra, Jul 26, 2011.

1. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I cheat a little. I go to thrift stores like Goodwill or Salvation Army and find clothes I can salvage or modify. That's how I made Reno a couple years ago. Cost me all of $20 to make the entire costume.

2. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Actually, I'm not. I save up for a long time before I can buy anything. Sometimes I get help from people too. I don't have very much talent when it comes to needles and thread so it's not like I can make my cosplays like other brilliant people can; don't have the time for it either.

Anyway, I have a lot of respect for people who make cosplays (either because they work for online stores or because they're awesome otaku who have the talent for it). One of my good friends does cosplay commissions, and very well. I'd love to give it a go again, but sadly, I just don't have the talent for it. Some people aren't artists, or singers, or dancers, or video game designers; I'm not a sewer.

Oh, and Clawtooth, that really sucks about having to pay more for importing. ): I've never been able to understand that. >>

3. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    well, i am not an active cosplayer, but i am very interested in it... XD

Current main character you're cosplaying: goin for aqua (kingdom hearts)
    Characters you've cosplayed: Roxas (KHII), Sasuke (Naruto), Shadow (FFVI) ((don't think i have too many pics anymore... got a couple of my horrible roxas one on my stuff album otherwise, no pics really... The Sasuke and Shadow cosplays looked wonderful! *halloween is a person with no conventions best friend...))
    Characters you want to cosplay: Aqua, Riku, sora, Ventus (KH)
    Cosplays you're working on: Aqua
    Been to a con before?: nope, wish i could but none in my area of the world... Xd would have to fly or drive to another province to do so...

4. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

You wouldn't happen to have pictures of Axel and/or Reno, would you? I always love seeing how people do them. xD

I'm hoping to go to Otakon next summer...only thing is that it's so damn expensive. :/
    But I guess if I save up enough between now and then I'd have enough for cosplay stuff and a ticket.

I've bought pieces of what I'd need from stores before and altered them to work, though sometimes I get lucky and it works as is.
    But unless you mean like a whole cosplay, I haven't. Only close thing would probably be the Tifa cosplay from a store on eBay (but even then it didn't come with shoes).

Hey, it's great that you're interested. :]
    And I gotta say, the Shadow does sound awesome, I've not seen many FFVI cosplayers, and even when I do they tend to be Dissidia Terra. Any ideas how you're gonna put together Aqua? Like Keyblade and armor?

Anyway, here's what I have for Katniss so far, basing her appearance off this and not the movie.
    [​IMG]

5. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....

I know! :P i am always seeing Terra pics for final fantasy (or yuna, see a lot for her too)... My sister did a very good setzer one! (the only issues were her hair was still blonde and boots but it still looked very sharp! ^^) The jacket was made from just a black trench coat by adding gold ribbon and stuff and it looked great!

XD no idea... i have most of her main outfit done, just need a wig and shoes... For the keyblade, i could use wood or something and for the armor, i heard cardboard does wonders! ((lol Except in the rain))...

and the katniss stuff looks good! ^^

6. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Here ya go. I have to say...kinda shy about posting these...

Here's Reno (on the right): http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2674047/
    Axel (ignore the fact that I had glasses, this was before I got contacts): http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1789932/
    And here's Riley from this year's Con: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3001358/

7. program Twilight Town Denizen

Ah! you did awesome with Reno! And Riley! I think Axel's hair was a bit to wooly for me XD But it was good!

I've made plans to go to 2012's Sanjose Fanimecon with my friend who usually cosplayers at HomeStuck characters and goes to many Cons around the world. I'll be cosplaying as Ari most likely from I And The Devil(Japanese Name)/Okage: The Shadow King(US name). She's most likely to cospay as karkat.
    Who else goes to Fanimecon?

8. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Looking really great, definitely well done.
    Do have to agree with what program said about Axel's hair, but I'm guessing it's hard to style that (I've yet to cosplay a character that has crazy hair). Otherwise they all look great. :]

I really want to go to Fanimecon but I'm on the East Coast, lol.
    Anyone going to the New York ComiCon/Anime Festival in October?

9. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I love cosplay ^_^

Current main character you're cosplaying: I'm hoping for it be either Xion, or Miku Hatsune
    Characters you've cosplayed: Jill Valentine (Resident Evil: Nemesis) Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy 8) Namine
    Characters you want to cosplay: Xion, Sora, Aqua (KH) Maya Fey (Ace Attorney), Miku Hatsune, Zatsune, Rui Kagene (vocaloid) Sakura (Card Captors)
    Cosplays you're working on: Xion, well... the keyblade to be exact.
    Been to a con before?: No, but there's one in New York in October I'm hoping to go.

I need help though, I'm not sure who to cosplay as for the Anime Festival in October. I want to get a jump start on the cosplay. It's in between Miku, or Xion. I already started working on the keyblade and I plan on ordering the coat online if I choose her. Any opinions on who I should go as?

10. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Aww, thanks!

About Axel's hair...the reason it looks so wooly is because I had bought it as a spiky punky wig, kind of like this one here: http://shop.iparty.com/Blue-and-White-Sports-Fanatic-Wig/36445/product . Except at first this wig was a bing cherry red color, not the deep red Axel's hair should be. And it was so damn FLUFFY.

So I had to fix that. First by fixing the color I dyed it. And by dying I mean sprayed the whole thing with Rustoleum, since the wig's strands were plastic. Then after it looked like roadkill after drying, I tried to fluff it up using Got2BGued spiking glue, Rave hair spray, and glue.

I don't dye wigs anymore. now I try to get wigs that are pretty close to the character's hair and style them using the aforementioned stuff. I have tried pomade a few times. And Riley's wig actually came like that.

I'm having a field day looking for N's hair now. Hoping to hit some Halloween sales soon.

11. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Wanna guess why I haven't posted on here in a bit? Yup, I've been cosplaying. XD My sister and I are putting together our first Ed and Al CMV.

Also! Just in case any of you are interested, I'm making a Q&A video answering people's questions from here, dA, YouTube, Facebook, and voice actors fan clubs. Pretty much anything goes for this Q&A, and I'm going to try to answer as many questions as I can so feel free to ask more than one if you want. It'll probably be out of cosplay though (unless a lot of people ask for it to be in cosplay).

12. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Hey, if it's the one in Javits Center in NYC, I'll be there too!
    If you've already got work done on the Keyblade, I'd say go with that. But I suppose it depends if your concern is money; one may be less expensive to do than the other.
    There's always KH cosplayers at NYAF, which means you'd probably be able to take some group shots, but I don't think I saw a Miku there last year and with the Americanization you might be more noticed. :]

Ah, yeah. Dying wigs is tough I've heard, I've not tried it myself yet. :x
    Yeah, that's a plus about this time of the year for cosplayers, all those Halloween stores might be worth it haha.
    I did just do a quick search on eBay though, depending on what your price range is some of these might work.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-long-Gr...6?pt=AU_Women_Accessories&hash=item2a13c9d60a
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-long-Gr...S_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item588f96ec68
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/506-New-Lon...S_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions&hash=item255f3ffc5d

They're the same style it seems, but they're varying prices.

Aw nice, you gonna post it here?

If you've not done it already I think it'd be cool for us to do. What does everyone else think?

Anyway, as for me, I'm finishing up on some cosplay stuff. Katniss is done, working on Korra, and just finished up making Maka's scythe for my friend. There's a thread in Graphics if any of you want to take a look. :]

13. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Thanks for those links Wolfie. eBay's going to be my back-up option if I can't find something like it during the Halloween rush.

Starting to work on his jewelry now...I'm going to start with his pendant thing first. Then I'm going to modify a Rubix's cube for his Menger sponge thing. The pendant will be made of Sculpey..should be fun. I've only used Sculpey to make jewelry once.

14. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I was thinking that too. And yeah that's the one I'm going to! =D
    I've been looking at some cosplays on ebay to see the prices.

Do you know if you have to pay or fill out a form or something to get in at the festival? (1st time going to one so I wanna make sure. x3)

15. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Yup, no problem. I hope the Halloween stuff works for you though!

Sculpey's not bad as long as you don't think you're going to be handling the finished thing roughly. Takes a bit to practice, but as long as you don't go crazy with how thick you make it it should be fine. :]

Ah cool, I'll be there then!
    Yeah, you have to get a pass - you can get a single day or multi-day pass, but I think the last day to buy them is the 16th. I have to buy mine still but I'm only a few bucks away.
    Let me know what days you're going though, me and a few other KHV guys that don't come here much anymore will be there.

16. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

The 16th of this month?
    I'll be hopefully going on the 16th.

Do you know what a priority code is?

17. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Sculpey's not too tough, the only thing I'm worried about is if the pendant will be too heavy. But I have made cosplay jewelry before using Sculpey. For example, this

[​IMG]

was brass jewelry wire and Sculpey that I baked in the oven, then spray painted with gold Rustoleum.

18. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Current main character you're cosplaying: Teen Gohan-DBZ :lolface:
    Characters you've cosplayed: None! Gohan's my first!
    Characters you want to cosplay: Goku, Great Saiyaman, Edward Elric, Ling Yao/Greed, Pokemon Trainer Red.
    Cosplays you're working on: Gohan.
    Been to a con before?: nope

19. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

The priority code may have been for the VIP packages, but those sold out long ago lol.

Ah, I see. That looks good though, so I'm sure the pendant won't be too hard for you.
    The most I've done with Sculpey was make Oki's necklace and some Amulet Coins.

Nice, welcome~
    Any plans to go to a con?

Anyway, Star Wars Celebration VI was announced not long ago, and I'm going to do everything in my power to attend (because I missed V). Definitely going to try and finish a set of Mandalorian armor in time. I don't know how many of you are Star Wars fans, but yeah, I'm really excited. xD

20. Hiro ✩ Guardian

No plans yet. I'm hoping to go to one next year but I'm not sure since most of them take place during my school year.