KHV: Blood of the Cascade

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Plums, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

The chapter felt slightly short. Like as if things were kinda rushed together without enough content in between to pace it. I prefer to slow play readers anyways so that's a personal bias on my part but it's good to prolong certain events and give a little space in between for transitions at times. That way it feels like frenetic and you can use pace changes to mark a change in atmosphere or something to that effect.

The real reason why I decided post:
    Misty came in and tried to kill him so he jizzed in his pants.

2. Misty gimme kiss

Wolfie is totes going down.

I am such a badass. :'D
    I guess it's funny to me too, because I am in reality the biggest pansy ever. xD

I do agree with Jiku, the chapter did feel a bit short as compared to the others, but I very much enjoyed it. <3 Update soon Plumsy.

3. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I finally got around to reading this, been meaning to post, might as well before I disappear again.

Silly Jedi Misty, if I get my armor your lightsaber will bounce right off and into your face B|
    I rather enjoy Evil!Misty, and I like the way you've written it - both from second person and everyone's personalities.
    Do you have a general idea how much longer this will be?

also yay I live in a cave, how accurate :'D
    Once I have time I may make some kind of fanart for this lolol

4. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

I really like this chapter. Especially RvR and his Godly Godliness. I was also wondering when all this talk of Rep would lead to CtR, considering she has the most.

I anxiously await the next part!
    Do this so we can publish it as a children's book. Nothing says "Kid Friendly" like mass homicide. :3

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

Not an update. Just commenting on some comments. Sorry. U no ilu bbys. <3

I didn't even notice this until just now. ._.
    So much for no more pedophilia. :'D

No, you weren't

You predicted the Wolfie vs Misty setup. It's a page or two back; I'd quote but I have to shower soon. >>

Really? xD
    I apologize Kamen Rider. plzdunhurtmeh. ;;

haha, sure

That was entirely my own fault. I was having trouble and just decided to rush a few things. I'm gonna try to fix it for the next chapter. (Which can probably be done by next Saturday).

Tell that to the 50+ corpses on your carpet. B|

I'm planning for at least three more chapters of the main story, and two about things that haven't exactly been covered as much as they should.

That will be the best thing ever. xDDD

6. P Banned

Where's the paedophilia?

Also, the lack of an update irritates me. Don't post in the thread unless you have an update. B| (Or rather, do an update every time you post!)

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Chapter Seven: To Be a Hero

Note from Plums: OVERDUE I KNOW. Lots of stuff happened to me the past month, but I finish it just for you guys. <: Also, thanks to DPWolf for helping me with the music part. c: And the ending's rushed, so yeah. Gogogo.

“Well?”

“Well what?”

“How’s he doing?”

“Wait until I call you in, kay?”

The voice behind the curtain was flat. At first it seemed like it was just monotonous, but after the past few days, you just thought that the person really didn’t care. You sat in a fold out chair, decorated with pictures of Houndooms. The olive wall behind you was like a field, encompassing all that rested around it in an endless green horizon. Directly in front of you blinds were spread into a circle around a bed. Every now and then, you could see Coders flood in and out of the thin fabric sheets like animals catching their prey. You’ve been here nonstop the past four nights, sleeping in your chair. Fayt had offered each of those days to take your place, but you dismissed his offers:

“Wolfie, you’re not gonna get any rest if you stay here all the time. Let me switch with you.”

“No Fayt. I’m staying. If Misty tries to come here, she’s mine and mine alone. I don’t need anyone getting in my way.” That was how it ended each time. Ever since RvR was thrown into the hospital, you’ve taken it upon yourself to stop Misty. Misty is my problem. She was my friend, my coworker; I’m taking her down at any cost. You pulled yourself out of your seat and walked through the blinds. Erkz and Antiweapon were bent over the hospital bed like saints. Medicine swirled out of machines into the IV tubes that lay strewn around the bed. You could see RvR lying in the bed, staring at the ceiling as though it were about to crash down on him. EvilMan_89 stood with his back turned to the bed as you coughed. All four of them turned; RvR smiled while the Coders frowned. You only took a step forward when EvilMan began to speak:

“May I ask what you are doing in here, Ms. Super Moderator?” His voice was as flat as it had been before. You glared at him, feeling rage bubble within you like a geyser. You didn’t know them very well, but nearly half of the Coders were inactive at any time of the day. For the most part, they stayed primarily within the Code Vault sector of the city, selling off their latest creations in coding material. Eventually, following the deaths during the Database Error storms when Xaldin was an Admin, the Coders were elected to also become the city’s resident doctors. Although you knew they were a vital part of KHV, you couldn’t help but get frustrated at their enigmatic stature. However, after spending the past four days with them, you were more upset at the utter depth of EvilMan’s apathy.

“I’m here to check in on RvR, Coder.”

“I hate to say it, but you’re not allowed back here. This area is designated for professional only.”

“Are you trying to imply that I’m not ‘professional’ enough?” EvilMan shook his head, walking around the bed. He was nearly whole head shorter than you. He wore a green doctor’s gown with stickers of YuYu Hakusho stuck onto his sleeve. His hair was an industrial gray, perfectly matching the deep black rims beneath his eyes. You’ve heard before that the Coders never slept, that they simply spent all their waking time working on new codes, even in the middle of operations.

“Are you implying that I’m not professional?” The words jumped from your mouth as the Coder stopped before you. You had to look down to completely see his face.

“Well, it’s nice to see that you are capable of thought beneath that animalistic persona you pull off ever so neatly. Yes, you’re nowhere close to being a professional, Super Mod. In fact, none of you ‘true’ Moderators are. You work purely on your emotion. The same could be said of any of the past Moderators as well. We Coders, all of us right here before you, we work logically. We process the situation beforehand; we work never letting our petty emotions stop us from achieving nothing but a one hundred percent success rate.”

“So is that why you’re all a bunch of stuck up, unsympathetic morons?”

“Kid all you want, Super Moderator. You know you’re time is coming to a close. The members are sick of seeing their comrades dying all over the place at the hands of that rogue Admin. And here I would have thought you would be too.” EvilMan was smiling as your fist collided with his face. You pushed it forward, causing him to fly back through the wall. Erkz and Antiweapon gasped, staring at the EvilMan shaped hole in the wall. As you began to walk forward, they jumped out after their leader. You patted RvR on the head as he typed away at a keyboard beside his bed. A robotic voice rang through the air:

“Wolfie, you shouldn’t have done that.”

“Why not? They deserved it for the **** they were saying about you, Sabs and the other sectional mods.”

“I know, but now is not the time. With Misty still on the loose and…”

“Yeah, I know. I plan on taking care of her myself.” You could hear RvR type furiously as the robotic voice called out once again.

“Wolfie, you know you can’t handle Misty by yourself. I couldn’t do it by myself and hell, even Jiku and Forsaken couldn’t beat her, and they were working together.”

“Well, I’m not you. And I’m not Jiku or Forsaken or Chev or any of the other members. I am me, and I say I can take down that Jedi scum by myself.” You turned your back to RvR and began to walk away.

“I miss them too, Wolfie. I really do.”

“…Thank you, RvR.” You shut the door behind you. Tears streamed down your eyes as you walked over to a vending machine. You put in a dollar in the machine. As it was processing the money, a jingle erupted from its confines. You recognized it right away; it was “Still Alive”from the Portal series. It reminded you of Stardust as the candy bar fell to the bottom. A week before she was killed, Stardust had been helping you with piano lessons. You could remember her tiny fingers clutch your shoulder as your head fell onto the keys.

“Wolfie, you’re hitting the wrong notes.”

“No I’m not!”

“Yeah, you kind of are.” You could see one of her fingers lift from your shoulder. Without even looking, you could tell that she was pointing at your sheet music. You lifted your head, grimacing. The paper was covered with layers of cross outs. Arrows rose over and under the musical bars, a rollercoaster of corrections. Pictures of Tifa riding what appeared to be Amaterasu graced the borders of the page. With her fist raised above her head, Tifa more like a misshapen tree rather than a human being. The gingers of her hand were flat and curved like leaves in the fall. Near one of the pictures, you had even gone as far as to write “Treefa Mapleheart.”

“Dude, I’ve listened to this song a million times. If that isn’t perfect, I don’t know what is.”

“You’ve got the right idea, it’s just…you’re not seeing the music.”

“But I have heard it. So much.”

“But you’re not seeing it. Actually, here.” Stardust’s finger slid from your shoulder. You could feel her slide onto the bench beside you. She looked at the sheet music, and immediately, her fingers swept over the piano keys. An ominous breeze blew out of the bowels of the piano. Hellish notes rang through the air like a ghostly wind chime. You could feel your insides grip with fear as pictures formed in your mind: a figure with striking silver hair rose into the air, a single wing floating menacingly on their back. A long sword swept through the bodies of members. Fires erupted atop the roofs of fallen buildings. You could see the piles of corpses gathered within one of fires, skeleton shaped smoke rising into the air. You could see the figure land before you, smiling. It had Misty’s face. Goodbye Wolfie, she muttered, as she pierced the blade through your chest. You were forced back into reality when the music stopped. Stardust sat looking at you, smiling.

“And that’s how you do it Wolfie. Any questions?” You smiled slightly, shaking your head. You got out of the seat, gathering the sheet music together. Without a glance back, you walked out of the house, the ominous melody still ringing within your ears.

The vibration of your cellphone caused you to jump. You dropped the candy bar to the floor as you scrambled to grab your phone. It was bedazzled with wolf shape beads.

“Hello? …Fayt, yeah I’m fine. You need me to what? But what about…The Coders left already! …Fine.” You hung up the phone, scowling. Of all things I do not want to do, this has got to be the very tip of the iceberg.

~~~​
    “Hey man, it’s Wolfie.”

“Oh man. Sh*t be serious now.”

The murmurs of the members below breeched your ears like a drill. Ever since Misty started her executions, the population of the city has decreased dramatically. As of now, you only ever counted a max of just 90 members remaining. A stage stretched before them, statues of Deathspank’s face embroidered into the edges. A single microphone stood on the stage as lonely as the Premium Sector. Fayt sat in one of two chairs on the stage. Even below his Kamen Rider mask, you could tell that he was nervous about something. He noticed you as soon as you walked onto the stage, running over to you as though you had been apart for years.
    “Fayt? You okay?”

“Wolfie, Auranzberg and I went up to the Admin HQ while you were at the hospital. There wasn’t a trace of Misty anywhere.”

“Damn it. Where the hell is that piece of Republic trash?”

“That’s not the worst part of it, though. We also…found the bodies.” Fayt’s voice trailed off. You could see hands shaking with fear. You put your arms around him, embracing his fear.

“It…it was horrible. The bodies were so…and the…it was too much. We even found Pika’s head in the ruins. His body was completely vaporized and the look in his eyes…the look in all their eyes…”

“Fayt, it’ll be okay.”

“No it won’t. It’s nowhere near okay. Misty’s killed nearly half of our active population. If this keeps up, then there won’t even be a KHV to protect.”

“That’s the reason why I have to stop her.”

“It’s too dangerous. She’s…she’s just too much for us by ourselves. I think if we salvage enough cars, we’ll be able to get everyone out of KHV and into one of our sister cities. KHI would probably be the most accommodating since we run a similar ground plan…”

“No. This isn’t KHI’s problem, this isn’t KHR’s problem, it’s not TKK’s problem! This is a KHV problem, and only KHV should handle this. Besides, even if we run, Misty probably won’t stop until she’s taken over our entire sister cities. Hell, she may even go after the entire world too.” You let your arms fall as Fayt pulled away. His eyes seemed to pierce your soul.

“…Fine. KHV will handle this. But you have to find people to help you. You can already guarantee that I’ll be right beside you.” You smiled, walking over to the microphone. You tapped it, the reverb drawing the attention of the members.

“Ah-hem. As you know, I’m DPWolf, one of the Super Moderators of KHV. And another thing you know, most of our members have been being killed over that past month and a half. However, what some of you may not know is that this killer has been none other than our resident Admin, Misty.” Gasps erupted from the members below. Gazing around, you could see Guardian_Soul clutching his iPod furiously. Behind him, Aura and Arch stood staring at you. Arch had a triumphant smile on his face, while Aura’s eyes were trapped in a glare.

“Currently, we have no clue as to Misty’s whereabouts at the moment, but rest assured when I say this; the Super Mods will work endlessly to prevent this menace from slaying another member ever again!”

“So I’m guessing that means you’re totes prepared even now, Mandalorian pig?” Your eyes darted to the sound of the voice. In the center of the crowd, a figure wrapped in a cloak stood chuckling. They lifted off their hood, revealing a girl with long red hair. She had dark circles beneath her eyes and a necklace that read “We are Beautiful, We are Doomed” around her neck. The members on the ground began to scream, dashing around as she walked forward.

“It’s been a while, Wolfie. We haven’t seen each other since Chev’s funeral. A lot has changed since then, hasn’t it?”

“Save the act, scum. This ends today.” You threw your fist out at Misty. A stream of fire erupted into the air. Misty flicked her fingers, a ball of water evaporating the flames. You growled, raising another fist as Fayt grabbed your arm.

“Wolfie, we need to work toge—“

“This *******’s mine and mine alone!” You jumped from the stage as Fayt cursed, following your lead. You punched at the air continuously, fireballs raining down upon the girl. Misty smirked, twirling her finger. Red light poured from the sky, hitting the fireballs down into the ground. You began to fire off more and more, your eyes tearing up from the heat. Misty began to dance between them, flipping over one of the larger fireballs. Frustrated, you punched the ground. Lava burst from the earth, rushing towards Misty. You could see fear well up in her eyes as the lava surrounded her body. You could hear Fayt’s panting before you could even see him as the lava seemed to burn the girl to a crisp.

“Wolf…Wolfie…”

“Relax, Fayt. I beat that piece of Jedi scum without even breaking a nail.” The glow on your face faded as you saw the lava dry out. Electricity struck the dried lava as Misty jumped out. Her cloak was completely burnt; the edges of her once perfect red hair were singed.

“Do you know how long it took to get my hair like this? And you’ve just ruined it, Wolfie.” Misty thrust her arms out. A wave of water and electricity rushed at you. Fayt pushed you aside as he was overcome by the electric maelstrom. His screams burned your heart as he fell to the ground, defeated. You began to crawl towards him, tears running down your face like a landslide. Misty appeared in front of you her foot kicking you in the face. You fell to the ground as she kicked you more. Blood started to trickle down your forehead. Your vision became hazed. Misty started to laugh as she began to hit you in the back with what felt like citrus fruit. The pressure on your back suddenly stopped. Coughs blew out of your mouth as her fingers touched your head.

“Wolfie, I know you are aware of my Reputation Absorption ability, but do you know that I have perfected it beyond what even Deathspank thought was possible? It no longer sucks the color out of its victims, and even better yet,” Misty whispered in your ear;

“It kills them after I’m done.”

Your screams filled the air as green light was being absorbed into Misty’s fingers. You could feel yourself growing weaker each second, the flames of life within you dwindling down to a small flicker. Soon, you would join the fallen before you. Plums, Chev, Stardust, Jiku; all of them would be there. And maybe even Fayt…

You felt yourself fall back to the ground. You looked up, grimacing. Misty was screaming, a hole overtaking the spot where her hand once was. In the distance, you could see a sword lodged into the bowels of Deathspank’s stone face. Aura ran forward, her sword slashing at Misty’s back. Misty leapt into the air, scowling. As she prepared an attack, a pulse of green sound waves pushed her forward. You turned, seeing Guardian_Soul strumming his iPod like a guitar. More sound waves shot out, causing Misty to clutch her ears in pain. Arch lifted you up on your feet, smiling.

“Leave this to the real heroes, girly.” You snarled as he ran forward. He was dressed in a Terra cosplay, with a sniper rifle strapped to his back. Pulling it down, he began to shoot at Misty. The bullets of light ripped through her skin, water splashing down on the ground as though a flood. As she fell to the ground, Arch, Aura and Guardian_Soul surrounded her, their weapons aimed at her neck.

“Just who the hell do you think we are?” Guardian_Soul frowned at the girl.

“Even though I’m hardly active, KHV is my home dammit.” Aura scowled, her sword glistening in the daylight.

“Misty, face it, nothing can stop a true hero!” Arch was confident, waving his sniper playfully over Misty.

“I…will not be defeated…by a bunch of… half rate…little pieces of trash!” Water erupted from Misty’s body as Guardian_Soul, Aura and Arch were pushed back. Misty flew at Arch’s head, piercing it with her fingers. His skull broke apart like earth, mud splashing to the ground. Green light rushed into Misty’s fingers as Arch fell to the ground, silenced. Misty stood over him, her eyes full of hate. She raised her arm, a concentrated beam of light, fruit, water and electricity hitting the man in the chest. Arch’s body exploded in earthy bits as Misty laughed maniacally, brushing mud off of her clothing.

“Well, Wolfie. It appears that Arch was just enough. Now, with this Rep, I will obtain the Core, and become humanity’s worst nightmare. I’ll see you losers when I come back to kill you!” Water pooled around Misty. It leapt into the sky, shooting off into the distance. You stood, shaking, as Misty’s last words echoed the area. You could see Aura collapse over Arch’s remains, her Lightning cosplay become soaked with mud. Guardian_Soul was helping Fayt up. He was limping on what appeared to be a broken leg. You walked over to Fayt, his mask cracked along the skull.

“I’m…I’m sorry…”

“Wolfie, it’s alright. None of us could have known she was going to be here. It was…it was just an ambush. We’ll get her next time.”

“No.” The words escaped your mouth in a whisper. You looked at Arch, the hole in his chest almost as large as his bravery. You looked at Fayt, his broken leg symbolizing what he could have lost. You looked at your shaking hands, bleeding with fear.

“Misty is my problem. If I can’t take her down, then look what will happen. Look what happened because I was so weak.” You threw your arm out at the surrounding area. Fayt nodded, pieces of his helmet falling to the ground.

“Fine. But let me go with you—“

“Fayt, you’re in no shape to go around with Wolfie.” Guardian_Soul walked between you and Fayt, staring at you.

“Besides, the city needs at least one Super Mod or else everything will go straight to hell. I’ll go with Wolfie instead.”

“Me too.” You turned to see Aura walking towards you too. The tears on her face were dried, replaced with a bubbling fury.

“Misty killed Arch. …And Plums. I can’t forgive that. There’s no way I’ll let a monster like that walk around freely.”

“So I guess that’s that Fayt.” You brushed your hands together, looking at the boy.

“Aura, GS and I will hunt Misty down and finish this once and for all.” Fayt’s groaned, the palm of his hand hitting his mask.

“Fine. But go see RvR before you go. He should know more about this…Core and what Misty plans to do with it.”

“We will.” You began to walk towards the hospital, Aura and Guardian_Soul in tow. If Misty wants a fight, that hipster b*tch will get one.

8. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

SH*T'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN! (well, technically, it already has.)

I really love this chapter! I can actually imagine most of the staff acting like this.

Especially Misty.

9. Misty gimme kiss

v. nice chapter, though I could definitely tell what you meant about it being rushed. ;o
    Also, the story!Misty + Wolfie fight reminded me of the Voldy Dumbledore fight at the end of Order of the Phoenix. o:

I enjoyed the WAB, WAD necklace too. :B

prediction: I will kick ass and take more names.

Keep writing Plums~

10. C This silence is mine

I finally got around to reading this, it's been on my to do list for a rather long time now and I must say, I absolutely love it. Sure there are some spelling errors here and there and some continuity issues, but those don't matter when you see the really good writing in general.

Misty, y u do dis? How am I to sell bobble-heads of the members if you keep killing them of? I mean seriously now, that's not cool!

Ps. I still think the real Misty is more intimidating than this one ;-;

Also, why did I spoiler this anyway?

11. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Bookmark'd

I've only just gotten around to this and I don't know why. This. Is. AWESOME! I'm really excited to see how this turn out.

Same as what some others have said. A few spelling mistakes here and there, but nothing to worry about. It's the story that keeps people reading.

12. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I believe you've wrote me somewhat out of character, but that's fine considering we've never spoken lol. The plot is starting to move and it does make sense with the role you gave me. Will the climax be happening soon or will this continue for a lot more chapters?

13. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

That's actually a really good question.

I'd love to read this for a long time, if you can be bothered making a long story. You could do quite a lot with this story.

14. Daxa~ #stalker

Lol,I just started reading this now...
    So funny xD
    And I can imagine all the staff being like this :p
    Keep writing :3

15. Plums Wakanda Forever

Chapter Eight: Saviors of the KHV World

The hospital was a kaleidoscope in the corner of your eyes. Ailing faces merged with the white pillows beneath them; the walls clutched the food and drink stands like a band of hungry marauders. The sounds of your feet beating against the floor sent a chill down your spine with each sprint forward. You could hear the bitter sobs of Aura burst behind you. You could hear the heavy pants of GS to your left. You could hear your own heartbeat pounce against your chest like it was an animal. All of the sounds seemed to blend together into a sickening tune; sprint, sob, pant, beat. You felt like stopping then and there to give up to the tune, but your feet kept pushing you ahead. Rows of empty chairs and open doors lined the halls in front of you. Numbers past your face in increasing intervals; 1, 3, 5, 7, 9… You turned quickly to the right as you came before a door with the number 13 etched into its frame. You dashed through it, passing a chair decorated with pictures of Houndooms. Lines of sunlight pierced through the human shaped hole in the wall. A bed sat parallel to the hole, the figure within it staring up at the TV mounted onto the ceiling. The opening for Elfen Lied began to play as you began to speak.

“Rv…Rv…RvR!” The body looked towards you, muting the television with a remote. His eyes shifted between you, GS and Aura. Your breath came in installments as your heart pounded vigorously. RvR reached behind his pillow, pulling out a keyboard. As he began to type, a machine next to his bed began to whir softly. The minute his finger hit the Enter key, a robotic voice boomed from the machine.

“WOLFIE. WHAT HAPPENED? WHY IS GS AND…UM, WHAT’S HER NAME, WITH YOU?”

“Oh, this is Aura. But more importantly,” you said as you could hear Aura pout behind you.

“Misty attacked.”

~~~​

The story spilled out of your mouth like a sullen waterfall. You told him about how you gathered the members in the News Pavilion, how Misty showed up and caused a panic. You told him about how she defeated you and Fayt without even trying, how Fayt was… You felt the tears well up in your eyes. You continued to describe how GS, Aura and Arch intervened and how Arch was murdered. Aura had left the room the minute you finished. Her cries could be heard down the hall. GS sat in a chair, his eyes gripping the floor beneath them. RvR merely sat in his chair and let out a long sigh. He began to type once more.

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE.”

“What do you mean? We’ve got to stop Misty!”

“AT WHAT COST? HALF OF OUR ACTIVE POPULATION IS DEAD; OVER EIGHTY PERCENT OF OUR STAFF TEAM IS DEAD. FAYT’S INCAPACITATED, I’M CRIPPLED, AND THE ONLY ONES LEFT WILLING TO FIGHT ARE YOU, GS AND…”

“Aura,” you and GS said at the same tie. You two couldn’t help but to laugh a bit.

“YEAH, HER. AND SHE’S COMPLETELY BROKEN APART ABOUT ARCH. AT THIS POINT, I’M EVEN WONDERING WHY MISTY’S KEEPING US ALL ALIVE.”

“What do you mean, RvR?”Your voice creaked with worry.

“WHAT I’M SAYING IS… MISTY JUST CAN’T BE STOPPED.”

“That’s bull.”

“WOLFIE. LOOK AROUND YOU. KHV IS DYING. I KNOW PEOPLE HAVE SAID THAT BEFORE, BUT THIS TIME IT’S TRUE. THERE’S NOTHING WE CAN DO.”

“Of course there’s something to do! We need to fight back!”

“I DON’T THINK YOU’RE UNDERSTANDING MY POINT. MISTY WILL KILL YOU. SHE WILL KILL ME. SHE WILL KILL FAYT. SHE WILL KILL GS. SHE WILL KILL AURA. SHE WILL KILL US ALL.”

“So what do you suggest we do instead? Just sit by idly until she decides ‘oh hey, might as well kill me some bitches ’?”

“IT WOULD BE BEST IF WE ABANDON KHV.” The words felt like a smack across the face. GS jumped back in his seat, his eyes widened with horror. Even Aura paused at the thought, her sobs fading out to a mere sniffle. Anger bubbled within you as you began to speak.

“Dude, what the fuck? KHV is our home! We can’t just let some piece of Republican trash take it over!”

“Yeah!” GS rose from his chair. “If Misty takes over, pretty soon all we’ll be is just a bunch of corpses forced to cosplay as KotOR characters!”

“KHV HAS NO FUTURE ANYMORE. I THINK IT’S BEST WE JUMP SHIP WHILE WE STILL CAN. MAYBE WE CAN REBUILD IN THE FUTURE...” You grabbed RvR’s shirt with your right hand. You bared your teeth as he stared into your face, his piercing gray eyes striking through you.

“Listen. I don’t give two shits about what Misty can and can’t do. I don’t give a fuck about some Magical Core bullshit or anything like that. What I do know is that this place has always been there for any of the members when they needed it. And I do know that that is something I want to stay. I want a future where no one has to give a damn about some rogue Pokébitch trying to kill them. I want, and I know, that if we do this here and now—even if all the odds are all for our deaths— I’ll gladly risk it for everyone left to have another day at KHV.” You let go of RvR’s shirt, causing him to fall back into his pillows.

“WOLFIE, MY DECISION IS FINAL. AS A SUPER MODERATOR, YOU DON’T HAVE ANY SAY IN THE MATTER. NOW, I WANT THE THREE OF YOU TO RETURN TO THE NEWS PAVILION. BE SURE TO CALM THE MEMBERS DOWN AND GET THEM SITUATED. IF ANYONE IS DEAD, BURY THE BODIES. ALSO, BE SURE TO FIND THE CODERS. I DON’T WANT ANYMRE UNNECESSAR DEATHS. TOMORROW MORNING, WE PLAN OUR LEAVE FROM THE CITY AND POSSIBLY TALK WITH KHI ABOUT THEM ALLOCATING A TEMPORARY SPACE FOR US.”

You pushed open the door, GS following closely behind you. Aura sat crouched in the corner, her tears dried over. As you began to walk out of the hospital, you could hear the machine give on last message, one that made your heart sink further: MISTY WILL BRING FORTH THE END.

~~~​

The sky burned a harsh orange color, the thin beams of light stretching across the entirety of the area. GS sat far to your right, his fingers tracing the touchscreen of his iPod. Aura sat behind you, entranced by the flow of the scattered clouds overhead. The three of you had walked back to the News Pavilion hours ago. You, Aura and GS had gathered up all the members together in tents that arced around the area. You even found the Coders and got them to bring RvR into one of the tents (of course, whilst arguing about what to do about Misty and the roles of the different staff members). Even though you knew that there was a chance none of you would be safe if Misty showed up, you couldn’t help but to convince yourself otherwise. You gazed at the members strewn about in their tents, laughing and playing as if nothing had changed; as if the threat of death wasn’t lurking over their heads every second that passed forth. You picked up a roll of hospital tape and began to apply it over Fayt’s chest, causing him to wince in pain. You had been wrapping up him up the past twenty minutes, each new wound that you found larger than the last.

“There, I think this should do it.” You smiled as you gently patted the last piece of bandage down.

“I can’t believe we’re just going to leave KHV. What is RvR even thinking?” GS’ fingers tightened around his iPod. You could see his nostrils flaring in the shreds of light in the sky.

“It’s not like it’s going to make a difference if we stay or go,” Aura raised her hand to the air, as if reaching for something lost in the sky. “Misty’s just going to kill us all in the end, anyway.”

“Way to be positive, Aura.”

“It’s true. If nothing’s stopping her from taking over KHV, think about KHI? I mean, they have a similar ground plan to us and with Misty’s tech. skills, it will only be a matter of time before—“

“Shut up.” A low growl escaped from your throat. Aura glanced at you, her eyes overclouded with loss.

“I know things look bleak, but we can’t give up. If we don’t try, we don’t know right?”

“What are you suggesting, Wolfie? That all of us members combined take on some rogue Admin with a zillion powers and even more Rep?”

“No. Not all of the members. I know that we can all agree on not wanting to see anymore unnecessary deaths. I guess what I’m saying is that if we are going to do this, it may just be the three of us.” You could feel Fayt tense up beside you.

“Wolfie, how are you gonna pull this off? I mean, Misty already beat us all, and there were five of us fighting.” GS turned towards you. He began to press buttons on the touchscreen. A light flashed on the side of the iPod, popping in and out of existence at a rapid pace. When the light finally died, a holographic image of KHV’s census popped up. Fingering the image in the air, he scrolled down to the image of Misty.

“Alright, so according to this her Rep is approximately…****. It’s about a four hundred thousand points. And now, if I add up the Rep between you, me and Aura, we have…about two hundred thousand.”

“Uh, GS. May I ask why you have the KHV Census, something only Mods have access too?”

“Heh, blame P” GS chuckled.

“He should consider himself lucky he’s already dead” you mumbled, crossing your arms.

“Anyway,” GS said, casting a gaze towards the Admin HQ in the distance. “Since Misty’s Rep is that high, what can we expect to see? Aside from more butt kicking, that is.”

“The Reputation system is designed to encourage member growth, both mentally and in terms of their abilities. Think of it as a ladder of sorts. As you gain more Rep, you begin to go up the “ladder” and your abilities get enhanced. With Misty stealing Rep away, she’s been gaining an entire arsenal of powers, and has enhanced them further than, at an earlier time, any of us would have thought possible.”

“Is there a way to lower her Rep and make her lose some of that power?”

“Well, DeRepping is the only way to accomplish that. But at this point, even if we all DeRepped her, nothing would change much.”

“So what are we gonna do then? If she’s got more than enough Rep to spare, how are we going to beat her?”

If we can beat her.” You glared at Aura. The girl merely lay against the stage, her hand still raised to the sky. You felt sorry for her loss; you truly did. You could understand why she wanted to just forget about KHV and move forward into another life free of pain. But the truth of the matter is that others have lost what she has. Other members’ hearts are splintering apart like a fallen icicle. Other members are forced to don a blanket of suffering, forced to live with the memories of their murdered friends playing back before their eyes like the cut scene before the Dragon Maleficent fight in Kingdom Hearts. It was painful, but the truth of the matter is the dead are dead and nothing will change that. You need her to defeat Misty, and she herself knew it too.

“Listen, if you can’t handle this, then you can go ahead and run away. GS and I will take care of her by ourselves.”

“I’m not saying I don’t want to, I’m just thinking logically” she replied with a shrug of her shoulders.

“Yeah, well, forget your logic temporarily. Anyway, GS, if we gather the remaining members up tomorrow morning, we can get them all to Rep us. Even if just a fractional increase, it’ll still be all the better to fight Misty.”

“But isn’t RvR planning the “Abandon” tomorrow morning?”

“At this point, I don’t even know if that crippled ******* is RvR anymore. And I don’t care what he might do. This is something that has to be done, RvR supporting it or not.” You rose to your feet, stretching your limbs. You gently lifted Fayt to his feet, the bandages rough against the inside of your forearm.

“We’ll meet here tomorrow morning at 5 am sharp. GS, I want you to make a noise; a big one. When all the embers get together, I’ll ask them to Rep us. After that, we’ll leave through into the Departure Zone and from there; it’s all up to luck.”

“Let’s just hope we have all the luck then” GS said, standing up. Aura cast a look at you, before rising up herself.

“Listen Aura…

“Yeah, I got it. I’ll be there.” She raised a hand into the air, walking off towards an empty tent. GS smirked, running off towards his own tent. You and Fayt began to walk back to your own tent, the last bits of light in the sky fading to black. The members in the tents were silenced, the shadows that bounced in the glow of the lights swayed into slumber. In RvR’s tent, you could see the faint outline of the machinery, the soft glow emanating from the screens distorting the shadows of the pacing Coders. You could see what appeared to be Erkz standing in front of RvR’s bed. What looked like his arm seemed to be wrapped in a poorly crafted cast. Your tent was right behind RvR’s. As you passed, you could hear Erkz’s mutters;

“DPWolf…can’t…Misty. She’ll be the end…if she goes after her. Stop her…you have to!” You shook your head as you opened the tent. A bearskin lay stretched out over the ground. You set Fayt up in a fold out chair. You walked over to the chest on the floor, pulling out two pairs of blue sleeping bags. You helped Fayt out of the chair and into his own sleeping bag, his bandages stopping the bag from rising a certain point over his body. You got into your own sleeping bag, your eyes glued to the ceiling of the tent.

“Wolfie.”

“Yeah, Fayt?”

“You do know that RvR and the Coders will try to stop you in the morning, right?”

“I realized that.”

“…And I will too.” You turned towards him.

“I realize that too.”

“I’m not going to let you risk your life against some sociopath.”

“And I’m not going to let her kill anyone else.”

“Well, just know that I don’t care how hard I have to fight, I’m not going to let you leave and get yourself killed.”

“Good night, Fayt.” You buried your face into the pillow. You could hear Fayt sigh, then turn over in his sleeping bag, whispering “ouch” when he turned all the way around. In a few minutes, he was snoring softly. Outside, fireflies hummed through the emptiness of night, as if lamenting something to come in the future. You couldn’t help but wonder yourself what was to come. In fact, you could even say you were…

“Afraid.” The word came out in a whisper. You didn’t want to admit it to GS, Aura or anyone. But the fear was omnipresent in the back of your mind. You were afraid of what Misty can and would do to you, you were afraid of what your failure to defeat here would bring. Sleep began to claw at your eyelids as you fell unconscious, the thoughts of Misty dragging you down into the deep.

~~~​

Water flooded the streets of the city. Beams of light descended from the sky, raining down on all of the buildings. Members ran this way and that, only to be tangled in fruit trees. The bodies of the fallen were stacked in the Admin HQ, each face burning away to nothing but mere ash. You clutched Fayt’s arm as you ran around to find a way out. The entire city was surrounded by a churning wall of flame. Each exit was completely blocked off.

“Fayt, it’s hopeless!” You could feel yourself collapse onto the ground. The tears rained down your face. Fayt kneeled down next to you, grabbing your hand.

“Woflie, don’t give up!” He dragged you through the streets. He weaved you between the bodies on the ground. You could see the half burned skull of Clawtooth on the ground, surrounded by the ashes of the Coders and…RvR. You collapsed again. This time, Fayt didn’t try to drag you. He sat down beside you and put his arm around your shoulder. Even though the end was around you, none of it mattered anymore.

Something warm brushed against your skin as Fayt pushed you away. You watched in horror as a pillar of lava burst from the ground. Fayt’s body became wrapped in a layer of fire, his skin melting away to nothing. All that remained of him was a skeleton, eyes forever locked painfully onto yours. Behind the mist of your tears, you could see a girl standing before a building on the opposite side of the street. Her arm was outstretched, her stubby thumb pointing to the sky. Long red hair draped her back like a cape. She had bags under her eyes the size of tea bags.

“Misty!”

“Sorry Wolfie, but Fayt had to be demoted. Hope he’s not mad.” You ran at her as she flicked her wrist. Water leaped around you, trapping you up to your shoulders in its tight grip. Misty snapped her fingers, the water freezing in place. You shivered as Misty walked towards you, her smile more demented than Sabby’s sandwiches. She raised her hand to the sky. A maelstrom of thunder, fire and water bubbled in the center. You felt as though all the nerves in your body tensed up as she began to speak.

“You had a good run, Wolfie. But now, you can see the rest of or friends again.” As she lowered her hand, a noise burst from the air behind you. Misty’s eyes widened as you felt something push down on your head. It was a foot. A boy wearing a purple hoodie leapt towards Misty. His jeans fluttered in the wind as he drew his coconut covered fist back.

“Misty! Let’s see you grit those teeth!” His fist smashed into Misty’s face. The impact sent the girl flying backwards.

“Plums! But I killed you!”

“Sorry about that, Xaldin 2.0!” She landed on her feet, her fists raised. She drew back her hand, causing you to shut your eyes. You could her Misty howl in pain as Aura cut her back. Misty turned towards the girl, rage boiling over in her eyes. Earth started to break apart as Misty lunged. Arch shot of the ground, smacking Misty into the air with his rifle.

“Sabby!” You looked into the window of one of the buildings to see Sabby hanging halfway out, a frozen club sandwich in her hands.

“Eat my hard ass meat, you piece of trash!” Sabby swung the sandwich into Misty’s body. The girl flew downward in a hellish descent towards the ground. From nowhere, GS ran past you, strumming his iPod with his fist. A giant sound wave sent Misty propelling into the building. She grunted as she hit the bricks, falling to the ground in a clump. As she struggled to get up, Forsaken and Jiku jumped out of one of the windows. Forsaken coughed, a line of smoke pouring into Misty’s mouth. Her eyes became puffy as Jiku poked her in the forehead.

“Sorry we didn’t get to do much against you the last time.” Forsaken pulled out a cigarette. Jiku retracted her finger as Misty began to scream.

“This was a little something I planned on showing to you, ‘Supreme Leader’” Jiku said as Forsaken lit the cigarette.

“Horrors beyond any of our comprehension? That was a nice touch to that illusion there, Jiku.”

“I try” she smiled as Forsaken kicked Misty backward. The girl fell to the ground, her screams still piercing the apocalyptic air. You could feel the ice around you being chipped away. Looking down, you could see Fearless punching away at the watery prison.

“Anything to piss off Misty sounds good to me!” You smiled as Stardust ran in from the west. She punched the ground with her right fist. Pillars of light erupted from the earth, sending Misty rocketing high into the air.

“Chev, now!” Chev jumped from the rooftop of the building, his feet directed at Misty’s stomach. She gasped for breath as they crashed into the ground. Chev stepped off of Misty’s body, the girl coughing heavily. As she began to lift her hand, Chev extended his arm.

“Not this time you stupid bitch.” Chev clenched his fist. Misty’s eyes went blank as saliva and mucus poured out of her face. Fearless struck your hand free from the ice. Closing your eyes, you concentrated on your hand. Fire erupted from your palm, melting the icy prison. You looked around, surprised by the animate faces of the dead.

“Wolfie, what are you waiting for!” Stardust jumped up and down.

“Finish her, darn it!” Plums waved his arms in the air.

“Wolfie, if you don’t do this now, there won’t be a KHV!” Chev looked towards the city, the lights in the sky tearing down the foundation of the land itself. You gave a confused look towards Misty, the girl shaking her head. She glared at you, reaching out her hand. Without a second thought, you pushed a fist forward. A heavy surge of flame leapt around the girl, her screams lost in the roar. The fire started to overtake the buildings, the land, even the sky. Everything around you lit up in a bright light. You covered your eyes with your arms. When the light seemed to fade away, you opened your eyes, only to see a large white space. Behind, all of KHV, dead and alive, was cheering for you.

“Okay, someone mind telling me what the hell is going on?”
    “This was just a dream, Wolfie.” The sound of the voice caught you off guard. A man stepped toward you, his suit as clean as it was the day of the mass funeral.

“RvR!” It was surprising to see him on his feet again, much less actually speaking.

“This was just something your subconscious threw together. All of us that are dead are still dead, and all of us still living are… well, yeah.” Stardust wrapped her arms around Plums and Chev’s necks, all three of them laughing.

“I know that things are hard out there—what, with my stunningly fabulous self being crippled and all, but you just need to believe in yourself.”

“But how can I do that? I’m not even sure I can beat the real Misty…” Sabby stepped forward. You could feel something sharp crack across your face. You winced as Sabby withdrew her hand, the palm as red as her Crimson Corps uniform.

“This Misty may have been made just so you could beat her, but shouldn’t that give you some hope? That somewhere, in the grand scheme of all this here, you managed to kick her ass? Now, reflect on that please and tell me how it feels.”

“It feels…pretty great.”

“See!” Stardust stepped forward, smiling at you. “Even if you don’t believe in yourself when you get out there, just believe in us! Believe in the KHV that believes in you!”

“Just go out there, kick ass and take names.” Plums nodded. Aura and GS ran towards you, holding their weapons to the sky.

“We’ll be there with you too, dude! We’re in it together!” You smiled as the faces faded away to black. As long as they remained in your memories, destiny was always on your side.

~~~​

Fayt wasn’t in the tent when you woke up. You didn’t find it surprising; it was only a matter of time before you would have to do this. You began to dig through the chest, throwing clothes in every direction. You couldn’t help but to grin when you found it: a battle armor you designed a while back for the Graphics section. You attached the metal shoulder pads, knee pads and chest plate to your clothes. You took off the utility belt wrapped around the armor and strung it around your shoulder. You grabbed a metal object from one of the pockets and clicked; a line of purple energy burst from within the confines. You clicked the grip once more, the light saber blade retracting into rest. You looked at the entrance to the tent, worry overtaking your mind.

“Don’t believe in myself…believe in the KHV that believes in me.” You breathe in, and opened the tent door. All of the members were gathered in a line, each of them holding all of their belongings in knapsacks. You heard a call to your right. GS and Aura walked up to you; GS dressed in what appeared to be some Homestuck cosplay, with red and shirt with a broken record in the center. Aura was dressed in a similar manner to Lightning, her Gunblade hanging from a holster on her back.

“Wolfie, we’re all set.” You nodded as you walked toward the entrance of KHV. Fayt stood in front of it, his arms as crossed as they could get in his Kamen Rider outfit.

“So are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?” His voice was monotone. You pulled your light saber out, the blade pointing at his chin.

“You tell me.” Aura and GS exchanged a glance. They stepped up beside you, drawing their own weapons.

“This isn’t your place.”

“Well Wolfie, since hell’s gonna break loose anyway, who cares?” Aura smirked, sunlight gleaming off of her Gunblade. Fayt put up his fists. Even behind his mask, you could feel the heavy stare he was giving you. With a yell, he charged ahead, his fist aimed at the artery in your neck. You closed your eyes and brought down your light saber. When you didn’t feel anything happening, you opened them once again. GS and Aura were shaking; Fayt’s fist was barely an inch from your neck. Your light saber was nearly the same length from his. With a sigh, he took a step back. You withdrew your light saber, Aura and GS giving a sigh of relief.

“I don’t want you to do this.”

“I know.”

“But you’re just going to do it anyway, so…” Fayt began to search through the pockets of his outfit. Behind you, you could hear Aura whisper to GS.

“They have pockets in those suits?”

“Who knew?” You were about to turn around to fill them in on the very extensive facts of Kamen Rider, when Fayt held out a small box.

“Marriage already? Sure don’t take much time, do you?”

“No, I’m saving that for later. What’s in here is something for your protection. When you feel like you can’t go on anymore, when you feel like there’s no hope left, open it up. Just…be safe, alright?”

“I will.” You smiled as he stepped aside from the entrance. A metal dashboard lay against the insides of the entrance. You began to type on it, the device coming to life. Members: DPWolf, Aura, Guardian_Soul. Destination: Departure Zone. Processing…Gateway Opening. A laser shot from the machine into the center of the entrance. A light blue portal formed around the laser. You took a step forward.

“WOLFIE, STOP.”

“RvR, you can’t stop me.”

“…I KNOW. THAT’S WHY I’VE COME TO HELP YOU.” You turned and gaped at the man. RvR was fitted in a wheelchair, the wheels embroidered with the faces of characters from Angel Beats. A laptop sat in his lap, his legs sitting idly within the pedals. He raised his left hand and waved you, GS and Aura forward. You looked towards them and nodded. The three of you stepped towards him.

“PLACE YOUR HANDS ON MY ARM.” The three of you laced a hand against RvR’s arm. His skin was as tight as a spandex suit. RvR breathed in; a green light buzzed around his skin. It began to seep up your arm like a snake. You could feel a jolt of something rise within you. When the light faded, you, GS and Aura retracted your arms, looking at each other in wonder.

“That felt…weird” GS said, examining his arm as if it had appeared out of nowhere.

“GENERALLY, REPUTATION TRANSFERENCE IS A STRANGE THING.”

“Reputation Transference?”

“YES. IT ALLOWS ONE TO TRANSFER REPUTATION WITHOUT THE RECEIVING INDIVIDUAL GETTING THE ORIGINA PERSON’S POWERS. OR MAKING THE ORIGINAL PERSON TURN THAT AWFUL GRAY COLOR. ANYWAY, I HAD EACH AND EVERY REMAINING MEMBER TRANSFER ALL OF THEIR REP TO ME, AND THEN HAVE TRANSFERRED IT TO YOU. TOGETHER, ALL THREE OF YOU HAD ABOUT 200,000 PUT TOGETHER, BUT NOW YOU SHOULD BE AROUND 350,000.”

“That’s close to Misty’s!” GS said, gasping.

“This is great. Now we’ll be a near even match with that Republican trash!”

“HOLD IT. JUST BECAUSE YOU ALL MAY BE CLOSE TO MISTY DOESN’T CHANGE HOW DANGEROUS SHE IS. WITH ALL OF HER POWERS, SHE CAN MAKE SHORT WORK OF ANY OF YOU ONE ON ONE. TRY TO STICK TOGETHER AND FIGHT. FROM UNITY COMES HARMONY. …BUT JUST IN CASE ANY OF YOU IGNORE THAT, I BROUGHT THESE.” RvR hit a button on the laptop. Three green pills were lined up in the CD Drive.

“What are these?” The question popped out of your mouth after the three of you had taken a pill. The center of it glowed with a constant, soft green light.

“THESE ARE REPUTATION MULTIPLIER PILLS. IF YOU TAKE ONE, YOUR REP WILL BE MULTIPLIED. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG THIS WILL LAST, OR HOW MUCH IT WILL BE MULTIPLIED BY, SO USE THIS ONLY AS AN ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT.”

“Where did these come from?”

“THEY ARE ONE OF A KIND, MADE BY DEATHSPANK IN THE EARLY DAYS OF KHV. THOSE ARE THE ONLY THREE OF THEIR KIND, SO BE SURE TO TAKE CARE OF THEM.” You nodded and began to walk away.

“WOLFIE…”

“Yeah?”

“COME BACK. ALL THREE OF YOU.” RvR smiled. You waved to the last of the members as you stepped up to the portal.

“GS, Aura, there’s no turning back now. Once your through, your through till we find Misty and—“

“Yeah, we know.” Aura said, walking into the portal. You looked towards GS, who shrugged and ran through after her. Don’t believe in yourself! Believe in the KHV that believes in you! The words echoed in your mind as you leapt into the unknown.

Wolfie and Fayt I am so sorry I cannot describe romance and you will hate me forever. ;________;

Oh look the dead get revenge. Fearless breaking stuff, Chev mindcrushing, Aura slashin, Arch piercing, GS strummin', Forsaken smokin', Jiku illusion...in', RvR walkin'. And Sabby and her meat; totes the most important characters.

Okay, three more chapters after this and it's done. Hopefully before summer ends. >>

lol this probably sounds like a bunch of crap and I apologize.

i have all the coconuts. all of them

16. Misty gimme kiss

I am not a Republican. >:L

gud chapter Plumsy, THOUGH IT TOOK FAR TOO LONG. I don't think the romance scenes were as bad as you might think, don't be so down on yourself. c:

I await the next chapter with bated breath. >:}

17. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I'd say to edit more if you hadn't taken 3 months between updates, now I'm just saying edit more. You had three or four words that wanted their first letter back and more that wanted their last. Structurally your story holds up fine, I could do with a little more description of certain actions and more attention to characters in the periphery I suppose but that might just ruin flow. Thumbs up to the dream sequence, not perfect, but-- aw fuck it I just liked having my character back.

Overall, the story is running nicely to completion, like you planned it or something. My only issue is I feel like I don't actually know entirely what happens at some junctures until I reread it. Go for clarity, get a dedicated editor to point out those things that you as the writer may be a little too close to to see.

18. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

I only just read this.
    Like just now.
    This is nice. I may not know half of the main characters, but whateva.

I sense a crazy-ass fight scene coming up. Also, in my opinion, the romance in the last one was okay.

Must have moar.

19. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I assumed he was talking about The Republic from Star Wars cuz you know...you're a Jedi hurrdurr xD

Great chapter Plums. Very enjoyable read and I love my character xD. The romance was alright; it could still use work, but it's still good considering it isn't your strong point. Can't wait for the next chapter where hopefully I'll be able to spin out UNBELIEVEABLY ILL JAMS, drop some PHAT RHYMES on a mofo and REPRESENT. And then most likely die like Dave too >>. SOMEBODY BETTER KISS ME!

20. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Man my brother is good at storytelling. It's a shame I didn't read it all sooner so I could beg to be in it. ;~;

Also, I just read the whole thing today, took me about an hour, but it's a gopd read. We need illustrations to make this into a teenage romance/action graphic novel! X)