Kingdom Hearts III khIII 2 disc game?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by It's Roxas Ya Know!, Aug 30, 2012.

1. It's Roxas Ya Know! Merlin's Housekeeper

I think after all dis wait KHIII should be a deep game with tons of hours of gameplay two disc worth that would be cool

2. Misty gimme kiss

Two discs may not be necessary. Take Final Fantasy XIII, for example--it was on two discs for the Xbox version, but not on the PS3 release. That's because the PS3 uses Blu-ray discs as its medium, which have a 25GB storage capacity, compared to the standard DVD, which is (if memory serves) 4.7GB. I agree that KHIII should have hours and hours of gameplay, but if they fit it all on one disc, I'm good with that--one less discs in a landfill. :]

If KHIII appears on current gen and makes its way to the Xbox, it's a possibility. But a lot of the rumored next gen plans say no disc drive at all--or, if they have them, either Blu-ray or something better.

3. libregkd -

4. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Short of coming to xbox, I doubt it will take two discs, like Libre said, disc space is huuuuuuuuge nowadays, we should be fine.

If the game was on two discs, it'd probably end up being too long.

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Ff13 is about 45gb. It was 2 disc for Xbox and 1 for ps3. So maybe 2 for Xbox If it comes out for it.

6. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    3 disc, it's a 3 disc game for the xbox.

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

8. Labrys King's Apprentice

That would suck if kh3 was short......

9. It's Roxas Ya Know! Merlin's Housekeeper

I didn't literally mean two disc lol i meant two discs worth of gameplay like double kh2 cuz that was 40+ hours

10. Misty gimme kiss

It's just not really easy to judge average time spent playing a game in the number of discs. I put around 120 hours into Final Fantasy XII and that was just one disc. I'm sure KH3's story will be at least as long as KH2's, if not longer (I'd say average play time for KH2 was maybe 40 hours) and that's just for the story. With extras and mini games and such it'll certainly push above that.

11. A Zebra Chaser

The length and depth of a game basically ahs no bearing on the space of a game at this point. The bulk of the space needed is going to come down to the quality of the textures, and the absurdly high res FMVs

12. Misty gimme kiss

Kind of random question but why would the FMVs be "absurdly high res"? The PS4 doesn't support 4k resolution for games (don't know about the Xbox One). I don't know if this has been explicitly stated by Sony but it seems that the maximum resolution will, in all probability, be 1080p for the PS4 so there's no reason for KH3 to push that.

13. A Zebra Chaser

the FMVs are ridiculously uncompressed to ensure it looks high quality. like we're talking leaving it an avi levels fo non-compression
    combine that with 1080p or higher size, and we're talking about an unnecessarily huge file. That's what happened in FF13

14. Misty gimme kiss

Oh okay. That's not really resolution. I was just afraid you were harboring desires of KH3 (or any game this gen) being 4K or something haaa.

15. A Zebra Chaser

maybe on PC