Kingdom Hearts II KHII is kinda sexist...?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by venster, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopefulwishes Traverse Town Homebody

Wow. KH is sexist, now that I think about it. =O

2. mudstripe Twilight Town Denizen

Umm... not really. I never thought so, well, because since there aren't very many girls in the game in the first place, it would make sense that there aren't very many in the organization.
    But, the organization may be a little racist for not putting it's only girl in a higher position.

3. Destiny Islands Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm just gonna put my opinion out: I don't think KH is sexist.

4. xemnasfan King's Apprentice

i made a kh story and nearly everyone is a male in it with only a handful of females and i'm a girl.

just throwing that out there.

but anyway games in general are geared toward males more then females. like in WoW everyone thinks i'm a guy dispite that i play a girl night elf warrior as my main because most of WoW players are guys.

same thing with conquer another game i played, in fact everyone who found out i was female was stunned.

that aside i'm more bothered by all the light skined characters with xemnas as the only one with darker skin xehanort and his heartless don't count they are all the same person.

but then again xemnas' skin color could be a hint at something.

5. Kites Chaser

As stated before, the male-oriented fan base could be a factor in the creation of the game with Organization XIII being composed of mostly guys. But really, the girls that do end up playing Kingdom Hearts like the wide variety of male characters to choose from, so it's kind of a win-win situation. Besides, I think the way the story was made needed more male characters to fight against Sora, as well as the other protagonists because the game seems much more intense with male enemies than girls do, not to say that girls can't be so as well, it just fit the story line better to include a largely populated male cast of characters.

6. gaveZexionmyHeart Merlin's Housekeeper

Actually, Marluxia was originally GOING to be a girl, but since Org. XIII was made up of mostly males, they made him male....but they kept his fondness of flowers and pink with him as a male

7. With the amount of guy to guy talk and friendship, not to mention that it ambiguously reeks of obvious fanservice for the yaoi fans, I think we need a look back on to what KH is actually geared towards to. Because its popularity it's definitely not by male demographic. And I don't know what kind of guy wants male characters that are woobies and pretty boys, at best. You have Roxas and Axel angsting mostly all of the time, giving vague lines, Axel in his death bed sending hot wires, Sora is a brainless dolt, who holds his best guy friend's hand, drops on his knee, and cries. The only good male characters are mature Riku and everyone else in the Organization that don't turn into a wangst fest. And they barely get the screen time they deserve unless they don't have a sob story.

Continuing from above, Larxene has more guts than half of them. If not all. Your reply is basically saying that male characters are more fitting because they have more intensity and it's only right that they go up against Sora. I think we need a good helping of examples about powerful female villains in this one if you think that's the case.

KH does not do the original girls of the series justice. At all. We only got one female fighter that got offed early, Larxene, and then Aqua. Kairi might be one soon, but the last few games, she was completely deteriorated as a damsel in distress. Not to mention the whole game is littered with Kairi clones that are better than the original, who apparently, are the only ones deemed important enough for a good role. For one thing, I'm glad Nomura is not the only when working on some Final Fantasy titles, and has a whole better group of staff who know how to do it right.

8. Vanitas Gummi Ship Junkie

Yes. Id hate it if there were more women in the organization, since I think all would be that evil female character like Larxene. Thus we only need one.

9. ◄Slip► 1st Class Coder

Dam i thought this topic was saying
    KHII was more sexy then KHI
    Making Topic~

10. Axelxxx45 Destiny Islands Resident

in the real world, blowing away fantasies.
    the game was kinda sexist, but in the beggining, Marluxia was meant to be a girl. I think Vexen was supposed to be a girl too. But a last minute change occured.

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Well, saying this is sexist is like saying KH is racist since there are no black characters in it. Unless you count DiZ, but he turns out to be white anyway. It's silly. Larxene is there because she had a strong will after she lost her heart. We've probably killed hundereds of female Nobodies throughout KHII. I mean, just look at those Dusks. And Dancers. And Marluxia. For all we know, Heart loss = Sex Change.

12. Stardust Chaser

Technically, a lot of media is sexist.

Women are generally damsels in distress or have small roles. This seems to be especially true in anime-related content/games like Kingdom Hearts, so it isn't surprising. Every once in a while you'll come across something where they have a bigger role, like my favorite series for example (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni), but for the most part, females don't get very much justice in the media.

I wouldn't say this is on purpose, really. First, it's that things like games tend to appeal to men more than women; and also, women have always, always always always until very recently been considered of lower status than males. I believe there was even a study done that showed that even today, girls get paid less than guys for the same job overall. Add to this that most game designers are guys, and it's no surprise that there's less girls than guys in Kingdom Hearts. I don't think the creators really thought about it when they made it that way, and for something to be truly sexist it needs to be intentional.

13. Fellangel Bichael May

Well I see where you're getting at. I do agree, but lots of games/media do say males are more higher than females (I totally disagree) so just hang with it.

14. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

yeah... just about everything

15. chargedcloud Twilight Town Denizen

well we arent sure if most of their real person was a female you know
    AXEL lea, any thing can be the case

16. P Banned

Well if no one noticed, every single member or the organization has some personality defect and are overall sociopaths. Remember, power isn't always a good thing. Power corrupts. So perhaps having a strong heart isn't so important as having a pure heart.

Lets look to those who have pure hearts: Aurora, Alice, Belle, Kairi, Snow White, Cinderella and Jasmine. All of them are women/girls. They can't get corrupted at all.

I'd say that the message being sent is that women are far less warped than men. There are exceptions, such as Larxane, but overall women are more empathetic and will not become sociopaths.

17. xXRhian+RoxasXx Gummi Ship Junkie

Thats actually true! Lots of girls have strong hearts! Maybe (and this is my opinion) if I lost my heart then I would have a nobody!

But on the contrary, there are dusks, assasins, snipers, mages - tons of other nobodies. Maybe its just theres alot of FEMALE lesser nobodies then a higher up like Larxene.

18. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

tht doesn't really prove anything.
    Lea can be a unisex name. It would also probably be dependant on where he is from.

19. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

yeh i understand what you are saying, but i dont really think they meant to be sexist, i think it just goes well for the plot of the story, i mean who wants to see sora beating up a girl ? ? ?

20. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

I did come acros a theory saying that each world has their own pure heart. The generalization is that all of them are girls. That doesn't necessarily have to be true. Every world can have one pure heart. Depending on how the world works, then that heart can go to either male or female. Depending on where you go, would depend on which gender has the heart.

An example would be in Neverland which is when Hook says that Wendy isn't one of the princesses of heart. Therefore, Peter Pan would've had the pure heart since it's geared more towards him rather than Wendy.

But back to that, I think that it was more shown for "princesses of heart" because they knew that the princesses couldn't really fight back to elude their kidnappers. Which was why they were all female.

I think that Sora is the pure-hearted from Destiny Islands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.